Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
Your phobias [CLOSED]
AvatariDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 6085
#1 Posted: 00:38:02 24/08/2015 | Topic Creator
I'm interested in hearing the actual names of your fears, if you don't mind sharing.

Here's a list if you don't know the name of your fear: http://phobialist.com/#A-
---
♥ May 23, 2011 ♥
CommanderGame Emerald Sparx Gems: 3610
#2 Posted: 00:40:22 24/08/2015
Fear of lots of small holes, I forgot the name.
It makes me want to puke, I'm nauseous just thinking about it...
Camo22 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3501
#3 Posted: 00:42:35 24/08/2015
I have a Phobia of Phobias. I don't want to decover my Phobia. Then again, ... ... ARGGH!
---
=Fixing Theories since Sep, 2015 / Deviant Art =
spyroisthebest8 Gold Sparx Gems: 2930
#4 Posted: 00:42:52 24/08/2015
Acrophobia- fear of heights is my first one and
Arachnophobia- fear of spiders is my second
Mesuxelf Ripto Gems: 3666
#5 Posted: 00:42:57 24/08/2015
Thalassophobia. Fear of the ocean. It's pretty bad.

The reason I haven't made a thread like this is because there's gonna be that one asshole that posts images of the phobias. So once I've stated what I'm afraid of, I'm not gonna look at this thread.

Quote: CommanderGame
Fear of lots of small holes, I forgot the name.
It makes me want to puke, I'm nauseous just thinking about it...

Trypophobia.
I have the exact same thing.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:43:46 24/08/2015 by Mesuxelf
RaymanTwilight Blue Sparx Gems: 947
#6 Posted: 00:47:22 24/08/2015
Nyctophobia (fear of the dark)
I've pretty much had it my entire life.
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#7 Posted: 00:48:18 24/08/2015
Arachnophobia- Fear of spiders
Daemonophobia- Fear of demons
Insectophobia - Fear of insects
Trypophobia - Fear of objects with irregular patterns of holes
Hadephobia- Fear of hell
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:56:26 24/08/2015 by Badwolfmichael
kardonis Platinum Sparx Gems: 6366
#8 Posted: 00:48:43 24/08/2015
Coulrophobia- Fear of clowns.

Tomophobia- Fear of surgical operations.

Onomatophobia- Fear of hearing a certain word

So, yeah. Weird.
---
I used to be THE Bowser, now I'm just an awkward girl
Iceclaw Hunter Gems: 9994
#9 Posted: 00:53:19 24/08/2015
Acrophobia - Fear of Heights

Fear of bodies of water (small things like a bath or low creeks are fine, but anything deeper than 4 feet gets me afraid, even a pool)

My number one fear though is the fear of the concept of eternity
---
Twinkies and 2hus
GaiaMemories Emerald Sparx Gems: 3753
#10 Posted: 01:01:00 24/08/2015
Fear of dogs, I think it is Cynaphobia. Had since I was a kid.
---
Hahahahaha
Underian Emerald Sparx Gems: 3095
#11 Posted: 01:06:15 24/08/2015
fear of death
Project_Unnamed Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10205
#12 Posted: 01:06:57 24/08/2015
Here are some of those phobias I find in myself.

Claustrophobia
Acrophobia

Those are the phobias that came into my mind. I did not manage to find others from that vast list but usually my phobias have something to do with unpleasant environments and their qualities such as people, locations and whatnot.
---
I might give you more opinions... for a small fee of course.
gillgrunt987 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7399
#13 Posted: 01:08:16 24/08/2015
Damn, trypophobias popular here. Well I also have it, though its actually mild to be honest. The circles have to be more irregularly shaped or sized for me to freak out over them.
---
I can survive scalding hot coffee and being whipped for 24 hours a day. Digestive biscuits or riot.
PwnageFTW Yellow Sparx Gems: 1716
#14 Posted: 01:08:21 24/08/2015
Ocean
Spiders
---
Quote: Carmelita Fox
YOU’RE ALL DUMB SHEEP!!!!
weebbby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4220
#15 Posted: 01:09:46 24/08/2015
Time to go through that list. Not all are HUGE fears but they are there in me...

Aichmophobia- Fear of needles.
Altophobia- Fear of heights.
Aphenphosmphobia- Fear of being touched. (Hap[h/t]ephobia) (Chiraptophobia)
Ataxophobia- Fear of disorder.
Athazagoraphobia- Fear of being ignored.
Automysophobia- Fear of being dirty.
Catagelophobia- Fear of being ridiculed. (Katagelophobia)
Cnidophobia- Fear of stings. (the creatures that give them)
Cyclophobia- Fear of bicycles.
Cynophobia- Fear of dogs. (only ones that jump at you)
Entomophobia- Fear of bugs.
Ophidiophobia- Fear of snakes.
Topophobia- Stage fright.

I don't know that there is much else.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 13:38:30 24/08/2015 by weebbby
LunarDistortion Ripto Gems: 3606
#16 Posted: 01:11:31 24/08/2015
Entomophobia - Fear of bugs and insects.

Hydroskourophobia: the fear of deep, dark water (I'm not afraid of the ocean, so it's not Thalassaphobia. It's more a fear of murky waters where anything could suddenly pop out and attack without you knowing.)
thumper Ripto Gems: 3519
#17 Posted: 01:42:18 24/08/2015
Ophidiophobia - Fear of Snakes
Acrophobia - Fear of Heights
Nyctophobia-Fear of the dark
Climacophobia - Fear of falling down the stairs
Dragons-go-hrr Platinum Sparx Gems: 6991
#18 Posted: 02:04:57 24/08/2015
Arachnophobia- Fear of spiders.
Thantophobia- Fear of death or dying.
---
"Was it a hot ghost?"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:05:22 24/08/2015 by Dragons-go-hrr
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#19 Posted: 02:11:03 24/08/2015
Arachnophobia
Somewhat Thantophobia (I just fear for what happens to me and my memories AFTER death. I don't know what it is like to not exist.)
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
ThroneOfMalefor Platinum Sparx Gems: 5391
#20 Posted: 02:27:01 24/08/2015
Thermophobia - Heat. I feel constricted and short of breath in temperatures above 80. I also despise sweating. I am very content in shorts and a tee in the winter. I had a nightmare for once after about 6 years and I was getting pelted in the face by heat as intense as opening a heated oven.

Emetophobia - Vomiting. I panic tons when I feel like I am going to hurl and I may even start crying. Nothing else makes me cry like feeling like about to vomit.
---
BREATHE AIR.
slambam104 Gold Sparx Gems: 2464
#21 Posted: 02:36:25 24/08/2015
Quote: ThroneOfMalefor
Thermophobia - Heat. I feel constricted and short of breath in temperatures above 80. I also despise sweating. I am very content in shorts and a tee in the winter. I had a nightmare for once after about 6 years and I was getting pelted in the face by heat as intense as opening a heated oven.

Emetophobia - Vomiting. I panic tons when I feel like I am going to hurl and I may even start crying. Nothing else makes me cry like feeling like about to vomit.

I as well fear vomiting, I hate it, the taste, the smell, the fact that it can come out your nose. The more I think about puking the more I feel like I am. At night during the winter when the stomach flu is gonna around it gets bad, I get so paranoid I'm gonna puke.
I-Brawler Emerald Sparx Gems: 3565
#22 Posted: 02:58:12 24/08/2015
Achluophobia- Fear of darkness
Acrophobia- Fear of heights
Aeroacrophobia- Fear of open high places
Agliophobia- Fear of pain
Agrizoophobia- Fear of wild animals
Aichmophobia- Fear of needles or pointed objects
Ailurophobia- Fear of cats
Apiphobia- Fear of bees
Arachnophobia- Fear of spiders
Coulrophobia- Fear of clowns
Cynophobia- Fear of dogs
Entomophobia- Fear of insects
Gelotophobia- Fear of being laughed at
Glossophobia- Fear of speaking in public
Pediophobia- Fear of dolls
Pupaphobia - Fear of puppets
Tomophobia- Fear of surgical operations
Topophobia- Fear of certain places or situations, such as stage fright

boop
---
you never saw me
huge dotd freak Emerald Sparx Gems: 3354
#23 Posted: 03:27:24 24/08/2015
Loud noises and heights
---
Do you not like my mouth words?
ThroneOfMalefor Platinum Sparx Gems: 5391
#24 Posted: 03:38:42 24/08/2015
Quote: slambam104

I as well fear vomiting, I hate it, the taste, the smell, the fact that it can come out your nose. The more I think about puking the more I feel like I am. At night during the winter when the stomach flu is gonna around it gets bad, I get so paranoid I'm gonna puke.

I'm really sorry to hear that. I don't get it nearly that bad but when I "get the runs", my anxiety busts through the roof.
---
BREATHE AIR.
slambam104 Gold Sparx Gems: 2464
#25 Posted: 04:01:27 24/08/2015
Quote: slambam104

I'm really sorry to hear that. I don't get it nearly that bad but when I "get the runs", my anxiety busts through the roof.

Thank you for your patronage. I'm sorry that you get so jumpy or antsy when you "get the runs", if I am interpreting that correctly then I honestly just get to some place fast and just don't think about it.
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#26 Posted: 07:29:30 24/08/2015
Oh wow no one has said 'fear of drowning' yet. I thought that one would be popular. That's certainly a phobia of mine. Unless 'fear of ocean/water' counts as this. It's not huge masses of water that I'm scared of, it's just the drowning aspect I find creepy.
My other phobias are Entomophobia (fear of insects) and Arachnophobia (fear of spiders). I also fear bees (especially swarms of bees), large dogs and speaking in public. Although I don't think the fear of large dogs and speaking in public is that strong. My phobias are mainly insect related, with drowning an exception.

I also can't stand certain areas getting stabbed/wounded. These places are the neck, head and wrist. Any other place I'm fine with, but I always feel very sick whenever these places get touched (it's mainly the neck though for some reason) in a movie or whatever. I also can't stand anything happening to eyes. Not sure if that would be a phobia, but it probably is since I certainly hate the aspect of that happening to me.

I used to have a fear of thunder/lightning, fear of ghosts and demons and a fear of the dark when I was younger, but I've gone over them (although the fear of darkness and ghost/demons sometimes comes back if I'm alone after I've watched a scary movie lmao).

Also I know I'm probably weird for this, but I like heights. xD
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
Edited 7 times - Last edited at 07:45:02 24/08/2015 by DarkCynder_543
C1nder Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10108
#27 Posted: 08:04:14 24/08/2015
Mysophobia – The fear of germs (only slightly though)
Trypophobia – The fear of holes
Glossophobia – The fear of public speaking
Nyctophobia – The fear of darkness (this has gotten better over the years though)
Telephonophobia – The fear of talking on the phone
#28 Posted: 09:00:52 24/08/2015
I also seem to have a fear of ringing up someone. Although it's probably not as extreme to be a phobia.
---
Camo22 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3501
#29 Posted: 09:26:02 24/08/2015
Ok, I've looked at the list and I've the following...

Achluophobia- Fear of darkness.
Aeronausiphobia- Fear of vomiting secondary to airsickness.
Autophobia- Fear of being alone or of oneself

Do more tomorrow.
---
=Fixing Theories since Sep, 2015 / Deviant Art =
Jaggedstar Diamond Sparx Gems: 7738
#30 Posted: 10:18:32 24/08/2015
I have a fear of going in lifts (or elevators for my 'Murican friends) especially small ones with lots of people.
---
Quote: Paytawn
oh my god
Templarhunter97 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1362
#31 Posted: 12:06:16 24/08/2015
Butterflies that's it that's mine
No dark or anything else just that one
---
We work in the dark to serve the light-Nothing is true-Everything is permitted.
And i am still waiting for a sequel to bully smilie
Spyrobaby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4254
#32 Posted: 15:37:09 24/08/2015
•I'm scared of illness, whether it be like throwing up or something really serious. I can't watch medical shows easily without feeling like I'm developing symptoms to every disease they talk about, and I just worry about the slightest headache or whatever.
•Trypophobia, *shudders*
•I'm terrified of spiders no matter what the size, it's bad for me playing Spyro: A Hero's Tail because those purple spiders make me want to cry D:
•I'm also really terrified of walking alone because I don't want to be attacked. Like if I'm alone and someone I don't know (especially men) looks at me, my heart starts racing and I start panicking.
•I'm very claustrophobic and with this I'm going to put drowning because it's basically for me a fear of being trapped or not being able to breathe. I can't watch people on TV and stuff drowning or being trapped in small spaces without struggling to breathe
---
The darkness only stays at nighttime, in the morning it'll fade away. Daylight's good at arriving at the right time, it's not always going to be this grey~
PopFizzMagic Yellow Sparx Gems: 1235
#33 Posted: 19:03:23 24/08/2015
my phobias

needles
dark
spiders

GnarlyTreeSnex
---
PIKA
PIKA
PIKACHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:03:45 24/08/2015 by PopFizzMagic
Qcumber Yellow Sparx Gems: 1054
#34 Posted: 19:07:20 24/08/2015
the end of everything
oblivion
probably the same thing
idk what the name of the phobia is
---
You can't handle MEMES
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:11:33 24/08/2015 by Qcumber
Pumpkin Witch Green Sparx Gems: 333
#35 Posted: 19:23:09 24/08/2015
I don't know the names but...

Spiders
Dolls or puppets
---
I can count. 1 2 skip a few 99 100
pankakesparx456 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7795
#36 Posted: 19:35:32 24/08/2015
Acrophobia- Fear of heights

this wasn't on the list but I also have an extreme fear of roller coasters and extreme thrill rides such as drop towers.
---
Cool cool.
xXBeavcoonXx Gold Sparx Gems: 2628
#37 Posted: 20:19:17 24/08/2015
... who would be scared of the great mole rat? What even is the great mole rat?
---
now its time to get funky
Mrmorrises Platinum Sparx Gems: 7027
#38 Posted: 21:23:33 24/08/2015
Don't have any.
PopFizzMagic Yellow Sparx Gems: 1235
#39 Posted: 01:09:14 27/08/2015
being alone too`
---
PIKA
PIKA
PIKACHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
shroom boom Emerald Sparx Gems: 3133
#40 Posted: 04:39:10 27/08/2015
I fear death and cancer and tumors and desiease
---
103 skylanders in total SSA:31/32 SG:26/30 SSF:39/56
StormDragon21 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5550
#41 Posted: 16:38:02 27/08/2015
Teleminephobia. I think that's what it called, at least. Only place I could find it.
---
"sTORM, my parents just told me something that RUINED MY LIFE. DID YOU KNOW that Smarties have different flavors?!" ~ShadowMewX
Qcumber Yellow Sparx Gems: 1054
#42 Posted: 16:57:03 27/08/2015
i'm also scared of endings in general sometimes.
---
You can't handle MEMES
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#43 Posted: 21:43:11 27/08/2015
(I'll update this later with more phobias of mine)

Fear of sharp objects (specifically near my wrists and neck.)
Fear of dogs (my dad thinks it's unreasonable, and doesn't understand that when you're 2 and a dog three times your size jumps on you, you tend to remember it negatively)
Fear of bugs (REALLY scared of the ones I know can bite, sting, and do other harmful things to me)
Fear of Spiders (I was getting over this fear, until just last month a literally 3 inch spider jumped at me)
Fear of drowning
fear of dying slowly
Fear of dining alone
Fear of death in general
Fear of falling (I'm not afraid of heights if I can feel something completely solid under me, but if I'm in an airplane, I'm terrified)

That's all I can think of for now, and I'll put the names of the phobias in my post later.
---
Dead
Wild Platinum Sparx Gems: 5045
#44 Posted: 01:19:01 28/08/2015
whenever someone asks me what I fear, I honestly forget a lot about them
heights, I guess, I'm moreso accurately terrified of falling without any safety measures, I love being up high. even if it can be quite loud and windy... but, despite that, I love heights. I love rollercoasters, and I don't really fear dying in a rollercoaster crash or anything.

idk, I'm drawing a blank on anything else that I'd want to list

other stuff too but I've never really felt like talking about them publicly
Thunderdragon14 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8087
#45 Posted: 04:20:00 28/08/2015
showers
---
Quote: Alydol
go back to whining about your fish
#46 Posted: 07:48:00 28/08/2015
Quote: mega spyro
(I'll update this later with more phobias of mine)

Fear of sharp objects (specifically near my wrists and neck.)
Fear of dogs (my dad thinks it's unreasonable, and doesn't understand that when you're 2 and a dog three times your size jumps on you, you tend to remember it negatively)
Fear of bugs (REALLY scared of the ones I know can bite, sting, and do other harmful things to me)
Fear of Spiders
(I was getting over this fear, until just last month a literally 3 inch spider jumped at me)
Fear of drowning
fear of dying slowly
Fear of dining alone
Fear of death in general
Fear of falling (I'm not afraid of heights if I can feel something completely solid under me, but if I'm in an airplane, I'm terrified)

That's all I can think of for now, and I'll put the names of the phobias in my post later.

i think i've found my twin.
---
terrafin2299 Ripto Gems: 3418
#47 Posted: 10:44:01 28/08/2015
Fear of warm things (like boiling water and hair straighteners)
Fear of spiders
Fear of heights
Fear of horses
Fear of tanning booths (watch the tanning booth scene from final destination 3 and you'll be scared too)
Fear of needles
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:51:52 30/08/2015 by terrafin2299
Charios Green Sparx Gems: 127
#48 Posted: 10:48:59 28/08/2015
I'll just write the ones that come to mind:

I have a fear of plants. Yes, plants. More specifically the green and soft bits, I can tolerate the bark. I can't stand any leaves touching me wether they're dead or alive, and even the sight of trees with small leaves is unsettling to me. Me and some of my family had a walk in a very grassy area and Decided to take a route with a very grassy road. They had to keep stamping plants down just so I could walk through.

I also have a fear of needles and thin pointy things in general. Although needles are more prominent. The thought of a needle going into my skin, especially my feet, makes me cringe and want to cover my whole body so nothing can go in. I am fiddling with my feet as I type this. I feel terrified when I have to take an injection.

I also fear death. Not dieing itself, but what happens after death. What will happen to my thoughts? Will I exist in a black void for the rest of eternity? I don't really remember what it was like before I existed, so i don't really know what it's like after I existed.

I'll add more when I can think of them.
---
It's been one of those days where you think to yourself: "Well, I've done nothing today."
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me