Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > I feel like this should be addressed
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
I feel like this should be addressed [CLOSED]
arceustheprime Ripto Gems: 5362
#51 Posted: 02:11:37 23/08/2015
the only thing i've noticed thats changed in this section is that we're unfairly harsher on newer users honestly
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#52 Posted: 03:18:58 23/08/2015
I haven't been around recently so I don't know how much has changed in the past months. But it sounds like to me like it's getting into the routine of the older days, where new users weren't welcome in this section. :\

Just letting you guys know that if you catch me being 'mean', I'm more than likely just being silly/sarcastic. Just thought I'd let you know.
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:19:42 23/08/2015 by DarkCynder_543
MoonHorizons Gold Sparx Gems: 2826
#53 Posted: 03:35:43 23/08/2015
established users being relentless on newer users is mostly due to extremespyro returning not too long ago, loco making alt accounts, with batcools doing the same thing, making alt accounts. the paranoia will probably take 4 months to wear off at least.

i think this topic was timed perfectly, as i honestly haven't seen s&n become this toxic in like half a year or so.
---
the more obscure your favorite cartoons are, the more refined your taste is
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#54 Posted: 04:17:45 23/08/2015
tbh I don't see the toxicity and I've been in a lot of topics now. It's probably because I haven't been on here in a while. Can people show me topics containing this?
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
#55 Posted: 04:40:21 23/08/2015
Quote: DarkCynder_543
tbh I don't see the toxicity and I've been in a lot of topics now. It's probably because I haven't been on here in a while. Can people show me topics containing this?

in one of the recent chatzy topics, there was some toxicity. i believe the thread has been deleted though.
---
Philomena Blue Sparx Gems: 959
#56 Posted: 04:42:07 23/08/2015
It's really hard for me to say exactly what it is I see in this section. I get confused about the new user bashing, mostly because I took the accusations sent to me as jokes and I had the perfect defense of "CAV knows who I am." I sort of had an idea of what to expect when I got here, and... well, it's more or less what I expected. Which I suppose is the problem. I haven't been active lately because I don't feel like I get much of anything out of being here. Things got funny sometimes and it was fun participating in this or that trend, and learning a little bit of history of the site/section... but... it gets dull, I guess. I don't feel like I really made any new friends here.

I tried to get involved with a skype group, but I guess someone got mad at me for my ideologies, and nobody ever let me into any of the frequent calls they had. I was missing out on 90% of what was going on in the group and probably decreased rather than increased my chances of making any friends there. I ended up leaving the group because of being so excluded from it.

I guess I jumped on a bit of the sex jokes and such before 1) that got snuffed out and 2) had deepened a relationship with someone I know from elsewhere, and have hopes to see that continue into some form of romantic commitment. I guess that ultimately I choose some of the wrong sort of impressions to try to make around here, and don't really know what to do next. I'm not interested in keeping up with all the new trends that happen every day or two.

I even declined to post anything regarding the fact that I was doing some streaming of a game a few times (though not yet having a second monitor made me not too interested in having a large audience anyway, since I wouldn't be able to join the chat). I just assumed nobody would be interested or even if they were it wouldn't lead to anything (mainly because of the inability to join chat thing). (Of course I do have a second monitor now, so that can easily change once I have a chance to stream again.)

Regardless of all of that, I just haven't felt like I've had any sort of real opportunity to get to know anyone from this site, and it's probably my own fault in most ways, but the nature of members who also frequent this section could also be a factor unto itself.
---
Don't worry, I'm a qualified Reactor Operator. I can handle this situation.
thumper Ripto Gems: 3519
#57 Posted: 09:09:26 23/08/2015
Thank you StriderSwag this really did need to be addressed. In a community like this we all should have patience with each other. I am the biggest pain in the ass ever however I have been accepted because I show respect for the older members here. Having patience is also needed here. I would like to think that I am nice to others but I too can lose patience especially if the newer users are being quite annoying. When that happens and I feel as though I could say something that could be rather harsh, 9 times out of 10 I avoid them. Patience and respect for others would greatly build this community into a community that everyone gets along with each other. Mind you the new users have to show the respect as well.
Big Green Platinum Sparx Gems: 6345
#58 Posted: 16:23:30 23/08/2015
Quote: thumper
I am the biggest pain in the ass ever however I have been accepted because I show respect for the older members here.

what? you are like the nicest user ever
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#59 Posted: 16:31:00 23/08/2015
Quote: Philomena
Regardless of all of that, I just haven't felt like I've had any sort of real opportunity to get to know anyone from this site, and it's probably my own fault in most ways, but the nature of members who also frequent this section could also be a factor unto itself.

I know this will sound hypocritical considering my experience with EqF but it honestly is only a matter of staying around. This section isn't kind to new users and frankly never has been, but after a while of posting people will tend to open up and accept you, allowing more avenues for making friends. The Skype group is awfully influential regarding the popularity of users (probably more than it has any right to be), but it's not the only option. Also some personality tweaking could help, which is natural to everyone and isn't a bump against you.

That said, having been on EqF, I realize that this can often be unreasonably difficult. And that I got it easy by virtue of having owned the Skype group for a long time and just having stuck around for as long as I did (with special bonus points for getting a mod position on top of it). And if you feel it just isn't working out then I understand if you feel like it's not really worth trying anymore (and I also apologize for that).
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:33:02 23/08/2015 by CAV
MagicFizz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3551
#60 Posted: 17:14:07 23/08/2015
petition to sticky thread kthx

also

THIS IS WHY WE NEED A SS APPRECIATION THREAD
---
My life is complete.
StriderSwag Gold Sparx Gems: 2769
#61 Posted: 17:19:26 23/08/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: thumper
I am the biggest pain in the ass ever however I have been accepted because I show respect for the older members here.

While I do think you show respect for the older users here, you aren't a pain in the ass at all! You're one of the nicest users here!

Quote: MagicFizz
petition to sticky thread kthx

also

THIS IS WHY WE NEED A SS APPRECIATION THREAD

DO NOT DO EITHER OF THESE I WILL CRY
shroom boom Emerald Sparx Gems: 3133
#62 Posted: 23:59:03 23/08/2015
I agree with this.
---
103 skylanders in total SSA:31/32 SG:26/30 SSF:39/56
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#63 Posted: 22:45:39 27/08/2015
Well, I've seen some users who have been here quite some time (by that I mean a blue that is almost to yellow sparx and above) who just make really stupid posts, as if they were brand new to the internet. I've tried to give them a chance, assuming they're having a bad day, it's a joke that I'm clueless on, ect., but they just keep doing it, and I just lose all respect for them.

And if they can't use proper grammar (leik wen dey talk leik dis, and et`s nawt a joke) I just find it hard to respect anything they say.
---
Dead
hardcoreignitor Gold Sparx Gems: 2583
#64 Posted: 23:04:15 27/08/2015
k i joined at the tail end of this chatzy bull. honestly, back in the heyday of 2013-2014, those were the best of times. dramas were so bloody frequent (ok that was my fault but whatever) but we brushed it off and laughed and fun times were had. nowadays it's doom and gloom. my bffs from way back when are dead(inactive) and the activity here is slowing to a crawl. a crawwwwwwwwwl. like i swear if i didnt know better i'd just start spamming and causing a ruckus just to kick the old dead body of forum 22 back to life again, but i can't. what happened to the frantic yet fun site of yesteryear?
---
nyeheheheheh

hey lois, i’m dustah from mudda 3
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#65 Posted: 00:36:43 05/09/2015
Bumping and stickied because I feel like this is still an issue that needs reminding. Just saying that witch hunts also count as part of this problem.

Come on guys. Out of all the sections in dS the off topic boards (S&N particularly) are the most unwelcoming and volatile to new users. Maybe some of you think of that as a positive thing because this means your precious S&N remains untainted from "cancer" but it's not ok and after a while all it's serving to do is drive away existing users.

I'm cracking down on this stuff further from here out. I've probably been too lenient here.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#66 Posted: 00:38:32 05/09/2015
it got stickied!?
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3872
#67 Posted: 00:41:02 05/09/2015
Quote: hardcoreignitor
k i joined at the tail end of this chatzy bull. honestly, back in the heyday of 2013-2014, those were the best of times. dramas were so bloody frequent (ok that was my fault but whatever) but we brushed it off and laughed and fun times were had. nowadays it's doom and gloom. my bffs from way back when are dead(inactive) and the activity here is slowing to a crawl. a crawwwwwwwwwl. like i swear if i didnt know better i'd just start spamming and causing a ruckus just to kick the old dead body of forum 22 back to life again, but i can't. what happened to the frantic yet fun site of yesteryear?

I know.2014 rocked i wish i wasn't that nooby back then.

Quote: ZapNorris
it got stickied!?

It deserved it.
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
BlackWing116 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1480
#68 Posted: 01:03:41 05/09/2015
Agreeing so much with this.
#69 Posted: 01:09:49 05/09/2015
Quote: hardcoreignitor

the school year just started for a lot of users pretty recently.

i honestly like s&n the way it is now. it feels less clique-ish and somewhat more welcoming then 2013 s&n.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:10:06 05/09/2015 by MoonHorizons
WilltheWizard Yellow Sparx Gems: 1779
#70 Posted: 01:20:59 05/09/2015
Quote: Badwolfmichael
I wish everyone could just be nicer, and not take things so seriously, or even have an age limit, 13+

Boom. This.

Anyways, I'm glad this topic is stickied. I have been noticing that recently the darkSpyro community has been...going downhill. I see that everyone is starting to get a tad bit rude and maybe even mean. Everyone just calm down. smilie Then again, it is the beginning of the school year, so I guess that can stress some people out. Although, this is just what happens to me personally, but I am going to take a guess saying that lots of other people do this too. I come on darkSpyro when I am having a bad, am angry, or maybe even teased or bullied. On darkSpyro, I feel more in control, and a leader. For some people, they can even get to be the bully. They get to do what gets them mad. Then don't even realize it though. I think we all feel more in power when we go on the site. It's a good feeling, and that is what keeps me on here. It's fun. Sometimes though, we need to calm down. Think before you post general rudeness or harassment. Isn't that the stuff you don't like that you are going on here to get away from. Well, that's just my little thoughts...

-Wizard
---
Spread those positive vibes
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#71 Posted: 01:50:22 05/09/2015
I want people who come to darkSpyro to feel accepted. Getting mad, or harassing someone over what they like is not the way to go. As a matter of fact, that'll probably drive them away from dS because some people get enough of the it at school. I know I did. One of the reasons why I left for good.When it was those days, I know I could say "I like X" on dS and someone would say "Cool! So do I!" and then we'd have really long conversations about this. Nowadays, all I see is this: People annoyed at younger users, which has always happened, and I used to do this, no one is perfect, but I'd rather that stop. I see people getting mad over an opinion, it's their opinion, don't get so fussy over it. We can have debates without getting mad. As a matter of fact, I fully welcome debates. As long as they stay civilized. To be fair, though. I just think that if dS really steams you up, then close it out and take a break for a while and then come back a couple hours later. This really works, too.

Ciao
-Paris.
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:51:14 05/09/2015 by parisruelz12
hardcoreignitor Gold Sparx Gems: 2583
#72 Posted: 01:51:02 05/09/2015
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=122336

doot.
---
nyeheheheheh

hey lois, i’m dustah from mudda 3
Reverse0456 Gold Sparx Gems: 2440
#73 Posted: 01:54:17 05/09/2015
Well everyone has been fine to me mostly likely cause I'm a nobody but have I caused any problems me being me I probably have sorry.
---
POPSMARTS!
StormDragon21 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5550
#74 Posted: 01:58:13 05/09/2015
I just want to say that if I caused any problems, then let me know and I'll know what not to do in the future. I think that a lot of people here feel the same way about that. Sometimes, hurting others can be purely accidental. I know that from experience.
---
"sTORM, my parents just told me something that RUINED MY LIFE. DID YOU KNOW that Smarties have different flavors?!" ~ShadowMewX
StriderSwag Gold Sparx Gems: 2769
#75 Posted: 02:01:27 05/09/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: CAV
Bumping and stickied because I feel like this is still an issue that needs reminding. Just saying that witch hunts also count as part of this problem.

Come on guys. Out of all the sections in dS the off topic boards (S&N particularly) are the most unwelcoming and volatile to new users. Maybe some of you think of that as a positive thing because this means your precious S&N remains untainted from "cancer" but it's not ok and after a while all it's serving to do is drive away existing users.

I'm cracking down on this stuff further from here out. I've probably been too lenient here.

Thank you for stickying it! That'll make it much more accessible and serve as a great future reminder.

Quote: parisruelz12
I want people who come to darkSpyro to feel accepted. Getting mad, or harassing someone over what they like is not the way to go. As a matter of fact, that'll probably drive them away from dS because some people get enough of the it at school. I know I did. One of the reasons why I left for good.When it was those days, I know I could say "I like X" on dS and someone would say "Cool! So do I!" and then we'd have really long conversations about this. Nowadays, all I see is this: People annoyed at younger users, which has always happened, and I used to do this, no one is perfect, but I'd rather that stop. I see people getting mad over an opinion, it's their opinion, don't get so fussy over it. We can have debates without getting mad. As a matter of fact, I fully welcome debates. As long as they stay civilized. To be fair, though. I just think that if dS really steams you up, then close it out and take a break for a while and then come back a couple hours later. This really works, too.

Ciao
-Paris.

If people were just generally more accepting of other's opinions and kinder to others, I really think a lot of these problems can be avoided.

Quote: Reverse0456
Well everyone has been fine to me mostly likely cause I'm a nobody but have I caused any problems me being me I probably have sorry.

You haven't caused any problems at all! Don't worry about it. You're just staying low profile, but its definitely a noticeable issue from my perspective.
Iblistech Platinum Sparx Gems: 5099
#76 Posted: 02:19:42 05/09/2015
It can be hard to for people to get along with one another sometimes. It happens. Nobody's perfect. We all have different points of view and see things differently. This is where a sense of balance and common ground come in.

"Only by working together can you achieve something beautiful." - Más y Menos
---
Hail to the King, baby!
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 02:38:29 05/09/2015 by Iblistech
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8495
#77 Posted: 03:13:24 05/09/2015
If I'm being mean then I'm probably just being snarky and sarcastic. Oops. e.e
Rickorio Gold Sparx Gems: 2463
#78 Posted: 06:18:32 05/09/2015
I first went to the S&N section almost a year after I joined, and I don't really remember being bullied or picked on between my transition from a Skylanders user, to a S&N user. But, I have seen it happen, and my belief is that we should treat all users as if they were users that have been here for awhile, but it's okay to have a little bit of caution. If something seems suspicious about a user who just recently joined and went straight to S&N, don't go gun-ho on them and ask them if they're an alt of Loco or some other big baddy we've kicked out, but just keep an eye on them, and if you can get proof of your suspicions being correct, go ahead and report them.
---
#hu
slambam104 Gold Sparx Gems: 2464
#79 Posted: 14:27:21 05/09/2015
Quote: arceustheprime
the only thing i've noticed thats changed in this section is that we're unfairly harsher on newer users honestly

I believe thats the most noticeable thing, a lot of us jump to the trigger and immediately assume that someone is an alt without giving them a chance. Now don't get me wrong I'm not saying every new user that goes to S&N isn't an alt, but most of them are not.

It's okay to have your suspicions, but I don't think it's ok to call them out.

Also I apologize for any grammatical errors while typing this. I was on a mobile device when I posted this.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:52:02 05/09/2015 by slambam104
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#80 Posted: 14:59:42 05/09/2015
It's not just new users, everyone here acts like they are trying to get under each other's skin for absolutely no reason, like they are trying to prove something to whatever clique they are a part of. At the end of the day, I just think those people are sad - if you have to be an ass to others to fit in with your clique, it's not a very good clique. Especially online, as it comes off as even more pathetic and cowardly.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
Greeble Emerald Sparx Gems: 4276
#81 Posted: 22:31:21 05/09/2015
I gave up trying to be nice, because all i get for my trouble is abuse and told that i shouldn't be me.
---
^ You all know it's true
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8495
#82 Posted: 18:28:28 06/09/2015
I'm tired of this dragen and dank meme ****. Please stop trying to irritate me and I'll be nice. <3
BlackWing116 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1480
#83 Posted: 18:34:34 06/09/2015
The S&N forum seems so much...toxic right now. Especially with this Dragen and Dank stuff. I thought it was funny at first but now I see that it's not that fun at all. People are overdoing this whole thing. I rather stick to saying hi to new users and make them feel welcome.
WilltheWizard Yellow Sparx Gems: 1779
#84 Posted: 18:37:06 06/09/2015
Yeah, I'm sorry guys. I didn't understand what happened. I didn't mean to take it this far. Sadly, some users were gnorced in the proccess.
---
Spread those positive vibes
ShadowMewX Diamond Sparx Gems: 8081
#85 Posted: 19:24:12 06/09/2015
It has always seemed that for me, Stuff and Nonsense is divided. The older people (who seem to be a clique within the S&N clique), and the rest of us It's been like this since I arrived, it feels. Nothing wrong with this, but I think it leaves somewhat of a disconnect between them and the others. That's why S&N can seem so volatile. The older users have inside jokes and things they do that make them act together, in a clump, when they post on DS. The other users, not quite knowing what's happening, try to join in but get destroyed. Nobody quite knows the border between seriousness and silly.

Especially this "dragen" nonsense. Some users, all the same ones, picked this up and started posting everywhere. I have no clue where it started from. Others tried to join the trend in their own way, and it resulted in merged topics, annoyed users, and Gnorcs.

I'm not trying to hate on or blame anyone, but this is merely what I've observed. Because of this rift, it can result in hatred from either side. It's just the way Stuff and Nonsense is. And it isn't the most accepting community. The older users like having friends and inside jokes they share. I had a small set of friends that met this criteria too, back in the day, and we were somewhat like this. It's empowering to have friends in that way, and it makes you feel special. But when it gets to the point where the people within the group want to shun the rest of the world so they can own the playground, then that's where the problem is. Another problem is how some younger users, who are still trying to figure out the lay of the land, start doing things to try and fit in. They get bashed for what they try to do rather than get the ability to learn from the older users they respect so much.

To try and ease this tension, the people here need to gain a few things. 1. An open mind. 2. Good sense. And that's about all I have to say for now.
---
Let's bust bunsen burners and bounce!
spyrothe111 Ripto Gems: 3702
#86 Posted: 21:40:37 06/09/2015
Thank you.
Knight Wolf Emerald Sparx Gems: 4336
#87 Posted: 01:00:40 07/09/2015
I also agree with this topic. I miss the good ol days where everyone had respect and care for eachother, theres still a possibility it could be that now.
---
Your messing with my Zen thing people. @Hawksider
Sleepy0429 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#88 Posted: 04:02:04 07/09/2015
It's the Skyro joining period.
---
dark52 let me change my username you coward
RMStunticon Green Sparx Gems: 295
#89 Posted: 12:26:04 07/09/2015
Bad time to come back, then.
Cool.
---
I'm going to shamelessly promote my Youtube now, 'Kay?
https://www.youtube.com/channe...grjNmeuQrhvaMDA
arceustheprime Ripto Gems: 5362
#90 Posted: 15:31:13 07/09/2015
Quote: RMStunticon
Bad time to come back, then.
Cool.

dont worry this happens like once a year
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me