Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > I feel like this should be addressed
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
I feel like this should be addressed [CLOSED]
StriderSwag Gold Sparx Gems: 2769
#1 Posted: 19:02:54 22/08/2015 | Topic Creator
What's with you dS? When I first joined the forums, I was young and immature, but with the help of some other users, I grew up. But it really feels like the forums are devolving to just blatant hatred and bashing. Half of you guys are so far up your own asses, you've forgotten how to treat other users like the actual people they really are.

Could we maybe try to be nicer to everyone here? Just typing this alone, I'm wondering how many "lol shut the **** up" messages I'm going to get, or how many people are just going to ignore the point of this topic altogether. I know I'm not exactly an expert in treating people great, but it really feels like its become an issue; one that we're just dodging. The newer users should really try to treat older users (especially the mods) with more respect, we're here to help you grow and mature in an online environment, not hinder you and make you feel unwanted. Older users, you guys should really try to help younger users more instead of making them feel unwanted and alone. Don't tell them to shut the **** up, don't invalidate their views, try to help them grow. I feel like a lot of this site's social problems would be fixed if we just tried to respect each other and be kinder to each other.

I don't care if you make fun of me for this, I don't care if you ignore me for this, as long as you read this topic and consider it.

tl;dr- Try to be nicer to the other users.
weebbby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4220
#2 Posted: 19:04:52 22/08/2015
lol shut the **** up

In all seriousness, I completely agree with your points.
Sleepy0429 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#3 Posted: 19:05:37 22/08/2015
lol shut the **** up

THIS!
---
dark52 let me change my username you coward
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#4 Posted: 19:06:17 22/08/2015
I extremely agree with this, within the past month or so, dS, or at least S&N has been declining.

When I first joined dS, I was very much more immature than I am now, almost a different person, and I only visited the Skylander sections. I was quite intimidated by the S&N users, they seemed like "cool" people, and it seemed I would never be like them, not that I want to now, but I was younger then, and I thought differently,
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#5 Posted: 19:07:17 22/08/2015
If some users refuse to be nice back and act disruptive still, it can be quite a hassle.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
TheFlyingSeal Diamond Sparx Gems: 8523
#6 Posted: 19:07:34 22/08/2015
I agree with this a whole lot, and I've been saying this too along with other people.

I understand this sub-forum is called "Stuff and Nonsense" but that's not an excuse to be rude to other people.

We all make mistakes. I've made mistakes, and I've done things I've regret. But I learn from them through kindness. Anytime I've made a mistake and someone was cruel to me about it, then it would turn into anxiety.

And I know a lot of you have anxiety, so why would you give someone else that horrible burden?
---
#CynderIsAFireDragon
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:08:27 22/08/2015 by TheFlyingSeal
#7 Posted: 19:09:23 22/08/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: Aura24
If some users refuse to be nice back and act disruptive still, it can be quite a hassle.

But then that's where the mods come in. It's their duty to try to keep people from being disruptive.
AvatariDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 6085
#8 Posted: 19:15:47 22/08/2015
You made some good points, and I'm glad you brought this up 'cause I have noticed that some people are quick to jump on others and insult them, especially when "less liked" or "less popular" users post. They could make a topic about, I dunno, video games and people will treat them like they're stupid or unwelcome when they're just trying to start a conversation. It's almost like people think it's cute or funny, when it isn't. Or they're trying to fit in with others who do the same thing. That isn't a good crowd to follow, guys.

However, it does seem like a lot of the users who do things like that are the younger ones? Like mid-teens and younger. So it could just be a hormone/puberty thing? I dunno. Even still, they need to learn to control that. Even if this is just S&N and this is just the Internet, there isn't really any excuse for being rude for no reason.

Of course, I have caught myself being rude to people too. We have all done it. But it seems like some people make it a habit, and really it would be nice if everyone would just get along for once instead of picking on each other for really stupid reasons or turning everything into some kind of argument.
---
♥ May 23, 2011 ♥
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:16:33 22/08/2015 by AvatariDragon
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 8542
#9 Posted: 19:16:42 22/08/2015
Quote: StriderSwag

But then that's where the mods come in. It's their duty to try to keep people from being disruptive.

And I can't do anything if people don't report.
---
You gotta believe! Heh heh.
#10 Posted: 19:19:21 22/08/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: JCW555

Which is why people should report more often anyways. Not reporting is just letting them continue to be a problem.
AvatariDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 6085
#11 Posted: 19:25:37 22/08/2015
Tbh dS used to be a lot more fun. Now it just seems so full of drama.
---
♥ May 23, 2011 ♥
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10010
#12 Posted: 19:25:51 22/08/2015
Uh, leaving the lurker status on here for a second because I feel like I should say something.(yeah, I know, regular on Skylanders stuff, but I do lurk the other places a lot nowadays).
People did bring up the rudeness thing a few years ago,but the response we got from (some,not all) mods was that they can't keep jerks from being jerks and it's not their problem if someone is being a bother as long as it's not breaking the rules. It's mostly why I stopped reporting for harassment when someone is clearly trying to pick a fight; after all, if it's just rudeness and not really threats or insults(or at least not direct), apparently it's not an issue. And of course people asked for mods and admins to try to clarify where to draw a line but that went nowhere. Just my two cents, I'd love if there was more measures against people being disrespectful or flame baiting to no end, but there's obviously a limit between my bias and what could actually be harmful, but it's really hard to tell as a regular user.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 19:26:31 22/08/2015 by Bifrost
#13 Posted: 19:30:03 22/08/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: AvatariDragon
Tbh dS used to be a lot more fun. Now it just seems so full of drama.

I definitely agree with that statement.

Quote: Bifrost
Uh, leaving the lurker status on here for a second because I feel like I should say something.(yeah, I know, regular on Skylanders stuff, but I do lurk the other places a lot nowadays).
People did bring up the rudeness thing a few years ago,but the response we got from (some,not all) mods was that they can't keep jerks from being jerks and it's not their problem if someone is being a bother as long as it's not breaking the rules. It's mostly why I stopped reporting for harassment when someone is clearly trying to pick a fight; after all, if it's just rudeness and not really threats or insults(or at least not direct), apparently it's not an issue. And of course people asked for mods and admins to try to clarify where to draw a line but that went nowhere. Just my two cents, I'd love if there was more measures against people being disrespectful or flame baiting to no end, but there's obviously a limit between my bias and what could actually be harmful, but it's really hard to tell as a regular user.

Well, we do have a pretty different set of mods, and seeing how zer0dch was banned for his constant harassment, I don't see why it couldn be implemented.
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#14 Posted: 19:31:54 22/08/2015
I wish everyone could just be nicer, and not take things so seriously, or even have an age limit, 13+
#15 Posted: 19:33:59 22/08/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: Badwolfmichael
I wish everyone could just be nicer, and not take things so seriously, or even have an age limit, 13+

Yeah, it'd be nice if the drama was cut down.
#16 Posted: 19:34:26 22/08/2015
Maybe yeah, different mods and different limits. My references nowadays are the younger users on the Skylanders section(or older that act like they're 13), who won't ever think that maybe the other person they're talking to isn't actually out to get them. Haven't been checking the drama here too much until this week since one board with it is more than enough for me.
---
gillgrunt987 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7386
#17 Posted: 19:36:44 22/08/2015
You definitely hit the nail on the head here. When I was a younger user, people didn't really treat me that well(granted, I was a **** mod from green to late-yellow Sparx so some of the hate was warranted) and it felt toxic at times. Heck, apart from the usual holidays and school trips the toxicity of some users here has caused me to leave temporarily. I pretty much had to avoid S&N during the mod years since I was generally disliked all around and had to stick to the Skylanders sub-forums. Now things are fine for me, but I still see these kinds of things happen fairly frequently. Like not that long ago, a user was suspected of being an alt of Loco repeatedly despite repeatedly denying it. I don't know what the outcome of that was, but it just shows how people can be at times. Heck, when people start drama for no reason whatsoever in S&N it just further displays how some people can be to others. But as you also said, younger users should try to give more respect to the older users. I can remember at the beginning of my dS life I didn't really have much respect towards other users(like making a topic about the Skylander "Boomer" posting nothing but "boomerboomerboomer etc). I also reported two people who only tried to help me as I was new to the forums and had made a poor quality post. I got salty and reported them both. Thankfully no action was taken, but I still see this kind of thing happening with new users harassing older users, especially in the Skylanders sub-forums(from my experience, at least. I also don't particularly like how several people get worked up over some thing such as a user making a controversial post that could actually be discussed properly, but the topic ends up getting derailed by users who decide to go that bit further in proving their point(which is understandable, but they should at least be more civilised). I've also seen similar cases of disrespect in the Video Gaming sub-forum in particular, and the arguments got pretty toxic. I even think a mod had to step in to stop the arguments between the users(not naming names). Though overall, you make a really good point with this topic. The only people who will say things like "lol shut the **** up" would be the usual suspects or users who want to contribute, but also want to joke around as well. We definitely need more respect towards each other in this forum, so this topic is pretty accurate regarding recent events. If people are willing to look at this topic and consider the content in it, that makes me happy. Hopefully people who will look at this topic think about it and think if this topic applies to their own posts as well in order to improve their experience on dS.

tl:dr: You're damn right. I also went over the top with my post it seems...
---
I can survive scalding hot coffee and being whipped for 24 hours a day. Digestive biscuits or riot.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:37:02 22/08/2015 by gillgrunt987
shadowfan12 Ripto Gems: 207
#18 Posted: 19:37:30 22/08/2015
tell it to the mods.
#19 Posted: 19:44:36 22/08/2015 | Topic Creator
@gillgrunt987 (sorry I didn't quote, it'd be a hassle on mobile!!)

I feel like you summed it all up pretty well, and I know how it feels to be driven away from the site on occasion.

Also btw I remember the Boomer topic, I also remember participating smilie
TorchSheep Emerald Sparx Gems: 3251
#20 Posted: 19:44:42 22/08/2015
SO MUCH AGREE.
#21 Posted: 20:01:57 22/08/2015
Definately had to take some breaks between conversations before as well. Sure, I love a good discussion and even if I sound like I'm getting too passionate over it, the subject hardly gets to me since I loved exchanging different points,but there were some instances not too long ago that I had to close DS for an hour or two because if I did another post I'd be just as aggressive as the other guy. You really start wishing to be able to insult the other person to your heart's content and make a point to how much of a jerk and a fool they're being, but you're just contributing to the toxic behavior by stooping down to their level. Gotta always remember the other user might be just having a bad day, or just doesn't know any other way of expressing their opinions.

I do wish some other users did the same of stepping away from the forum for a moment though. Again, in a subject supposedly as kid-friendly as Skylanders, people will act like you're going to steal their pride if they don't lash out against you at that exact moment.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:03:20 22/08/2015 by Bifrost
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8470
#22 Posted: 20:22:10 22/08/2015
It's mostly the teenagers who fuel the fire. Children on this site will act immature and then some teen will start flaming them with unnecessary comments about how they act. The child will then proceed to fight back without hesitation and will continue on. But then again they may be doing t because they are teenagers and are in a weird part of their life. Considering the fact that most of us are anti social and don't have many friends in real life will act different on the Internet as it's their persona that they want to use in real life. They try to unleash their rage on others and can because they are anonymous and can not be affected in their personal lives. And considering the fact that users are on a Skylanders forum it can be expected that they are either a child or an anti social teenager which would make up most of DarkSpyros audience. I guess they just want to speak out because they aren't as use to doing it in the real world where they are usually quiet. And because they are quiet in real life they won't really know how to talk as politely than more social people. Thus when in their anonymous persona they will come out as rude because they don't know what to say to other people. Or maybe I'm just a ****ing retard and don't know anything.
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#23 Posted: 20:25:32 22/08/2015
I agree, though I have to ask, why did this come up now? I feel like the site has been like this for a few years now, but it's rarely touched on.

Not trying to be cheeky here, I'm genuinely curious. Did something just happen that I missed?
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
#24 Posted: 20:28:04 22/08/2015
Actually,there are plenty of adults there in the Skylanders board who will talk about their children or jobs if you imply they're in any way under 18. Some will still throw a temper tantrum (though it hasn't happened lately,thank god) and not be any better than the kids, just using fancier wording. But of course,much less common than kids or teenagers either way.

But I'm probably bringing up too much of that part of the site to you guys. But really, the whole place could use being more nicer and welcoming and a few users won't do that alone.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:29:52 22/08/2015 by Bifrost
Iceclaw Hunter Gems: 9982
#25 Posted: 20:28:11 22/08/2015
Tbh it's really annoying that users tend to be mean to the younger ones. Like yeah some of the things they say can be cringey or dumb but christ they're just kids they don't really know any better they'll grow out of it just give them time
---
Twinkies and 2hus
#26 Posted: 20:33:52 22/08/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: sonicbrawler182
I agree, though I have to ask, why did this come up now? I feel like the site has been like this for a few years now, but it's rarely touched on.

Not trying to be cheeky here, I'm genuinely curious. Did something just happen that I missed?

It just felt to me that people were just being assholes to each other on S&N today, and I just kinda got sick of it
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#27 Posted: 20:37:47 22/08/2015
I agree with this. Darkspyro users could be alot nicer, I know I'm pretty negative on here, but I'm working to try and not be for the sake of the website.
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
#28 Posted: 20:47:02 22/08/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: parisruelz12
I agree with this. Darkspyro users could be alot nicer, I know I'm pretty negative on here, but I'm working to try and not be for the sake of the website.

Thank you for working on it!!
#29 Posted: 20:50:22 22/08/2015
Quote: Iceclaw
Tbh it's really annoying that users tend to be mean to the younger ones. Like yeah some of the things they say can be cringey or dumb but christ they're just kids they don't really know any better they'll grow out of it just give them time

I'm just going to point that I was one of those annoying kids, and I grew out of it. Most of them do.
---
#30 Posted: 20:54:03 22/08/2015 | Topic Creator

I'm just going to point that I was one of those annoying kids, and I grew out of it. Most of them do.

I was one of those users too, but I only changed because the older users helped me out.
TTD Hunter Gems: 6222
#31 Posted: 20:55:17 22/08/2015
Well said, and just like Paris, I'll try my best to make it a more positive atmosphere. It's harder than it sounds, though - I can't go around and delete every negative comment, there is no rule against that and it would just be unfair. I can, however just give polite reminders to be a bit nicer around the forum. Users can be incredibly cruel on here (just take a look at some of the banned users) and most users here are incredibly nice (just tale a look at the 'thoughts on users' topic).
#32 Posted: 21:01:23 22/08/2015

I was one of those users too, but I only changed because the older users helped me out.

Yes!! The older users helped me out too, which is I feel that everyone should put in their best efforts to help them instead of pushing them.
---
Mesuxelf Ripto Gems: 3666
#33 Posted: 21:14:49 22/08/2015
I try to stay out of the drama and not fuel it, but I do the exact opposite. :c
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#34 Posted: 21:17:38 22/08/2015
Quote: Spyrobaro
I agree.

I tried to do the same thing back in August 2012, but I overreacted a LOT, so a lot of unnecessary drama ensued. I kinda gave up after that. But this has been a problem for a while now.

Yeah, that was one of the rare times it was touched upon. I remember that.

I still commend you for having tried to make a difference though.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
#35 Posted: 21:38:31 22/08/2015 | Topic Creator
Post deleted bc I thought sonicbrawler was talking to me, sorry Baro.
C1nder Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10097
#36 Posted: 21:45:18 22/08/2015
I agree with your points, it seems that so many users here instantly leap to being unnecessarily rude and harsh with no warning, and the environment sometimes feels very toxic and judgmental.
#37 Posted: 21:46:46 22/08/2015
Quote: Spyrobaro
I agree.

I tried to do the same thing back in August 2012, but I overreacted a LOT, so a lot of unnecessary drama ensued. I kinda gave up after that. But this has been a problem for a while now.

The thing about August 2012 is that it was a snowball, someone pushed it down a hill and stuff kept adding and adding and adding until it finally came to a stop and exploded into a mess.. I'm not going to say you didn't add to it, I am going to say that it wasn't all your fault. But that's just how I saw it. I don't really remember what happened to even spark the whole thing.
---
CommanderGame Emerald Sparx Gems: 3610
#38 Posted: 22:26:25 22/08/2015
Since I know you were thinking of me when making this post:
I went off on sleepy because I was tired of seeing his bad posts, but I'll admit I was too rough on him. He's been Gnorc'd now though, so hopefully he's learned his lesson.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:01:06 22/08/2015 by CommanderGame
#39 Posted: 22:33:04 22/08/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: CommanderGame
Since I know you were thinking of me when making this post:
I went off on sleepy because I was tired of seeing his bad posts, but I'll admit I was too rough on him. He's been Gnorc'd know though, so hopefully he's learned his lesson.

Thank you for admitting that. Admitting you were too rough on someone is just one of the steps we can take to make the forum a nicer place.
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#40 Posted: 22:35:17 22/08/2015
Quote: CommanderGame

I went off on sleepy because I was tired of seeing his bad posts, but I'll admit I was too rough on him. He's been Gnorc'd know though, so hopefully he's learned his lesson.

Hopefully he has, but he's been gnorc'd multiple times before and repeats the same crap so smilie
---
words. letters. filler.
#41 Posted: 22:38:48 22/08/2015
Well, that is something that's worth discussing too. You can't just let some more immature people run around hoping one day they'll be nicer, but yelling and fighting never solves anything.Call people out, report if needed, but if they open up to try and learn a lesson, help - even just an attitude that approves that they're better now is a lot. Of course,some never will, but you also never know when it's still possible. Some people have said I'm really harsh and I *am* very blunt sometimes, but if I really said something that didn't improve the situation at all I try to apologize; but being straight up and honest about how you don't like what's going on isn't something you should avoid in fear of people getting defensive, in my opinion.
(as in, 'hey exchanging insults isn't nice', not being a jerk yourself by not approving of an opinion or something)
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:40:13 22/08/2015 by Bifrost
#42 Posted: 22:42:18 22/08/2015 | Topic Creator
Well, that is something that's worth discussing too. You can't just let some more immature people run around hoping one day they'll be nicer, but yelling and fighting never solves anything.Call people out, report if needed, but if they open up to try and learn a lesson, help - even just an attitude that approves that they're better now is a lot. Of course,some never will, but you also never know when it's still possible. Some people have said I'm really harsh and I *am* very blunt sometimes, but if I really said something that didn't improve the situation at all I try to apologize; but being straight up and honest about how you don't like what's going on isn't something you should avoid in fear of people getting defensive, in my opinion.
(as in, 'hey exchanging insults isn't nice', not being a jerk yourself by not approving of an opinion or something)

Pretty much this. Just treat telling them their mistakes as a learning opportunity instead of using it to rudely call them out.
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8190
#43 Posted: 23:05:45 22/08/2015
Quote: JCW555

Which is why people should report more often anyways. Not reporting is just letting them continue to be a problem.

I was about to type if there was a problem, you people should report it. Because that is the moderator's bat man signal. But you guys basically nailed that in with a good hammer.

Also I've been wanting to try to make a topic such as this on here, but I felt as if I would be:

• Unheard/misunderstood (I noticed that I am probably the lame mod that people go "oh, they're a mod. But they still need to work on their jokes". Either that or I just give out a unpleasant vibe to some users).
  • Really out of my way as a mod to do that. I'm a Fandom mod, not a SnN mod. So seeing a mod of another section try to help another section (That they can't do a lot in), would seem odd.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
awesomerockets Emerald Sparx Gems: 4136
#44 Posted: 23:07:43 22/08/2015
I've really been thinking something similar, but I just didn't know how to put it into words. There's so much negativity and hate in this community, sometimes I wonder why I keep returning.
---
go to my guestbook now and sign a petition to get Freddie benson into smash
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3872
#45 Posted: 23:17:27 22/08/2015
Quote: AvatariDragon
You made some good points, and I'm glad you brought this up 'cause I have noticed that some people are quick to jump on others and insult them, especially when "less liked" or "less popular" users post. They could make a topic about, I dunno, video games and people will treat them like they're stupid or unwelcome when they're just trying to start a conversation. It's almost like people think it's cute or funny, when it isn't. Or they're trying to fit in with others who do the same thing. That isn't a good crowd to follow, guys.

However, it does seem like a lot of the users who do things like that are the younger ones? Like mid-teens and younger. So it could just be a hormone/puberty thing? I dunno. Even still, they need to learn to control that. Even if this is just S&N and this is just the Internet, there isn't really any excuse for being rude for no reason.

Of course, I have caught myself being rude to people too. We have all done it. But it seems like some people make it a habit, and really it would be nice if everyone would just get along for once instead of picking on each other for really stupid reasons or turning everything into some kind of argument.

This.Sometimes when i post i get Skylandersspyro x gnarlytreesex or something like that
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#46 Posted: 23:49:34 22/08/2015
At the current point in time most S&N related mod issues (and reports) probably go through me, so it's more than due time I speak.

While S&N was never really rainbows and daisies, I feel like a lot of the problems started with the ExtremeSpyro debacle. Yeah S&N was tougher on new users than other sections (I got trolled when I first came here) but people got downright critical to any new users that go immediately to S&N. Everyone assumes that if you have under 100 gems and you're coming to S&N to be a regular, you're a returning user or somebody's alt, and they get **** on accordingly. This was never a problem before ES came back like 12 times, and it's only ever made worse with things like this Chatzy bull****.

I will admit that when I see a new user (especially with 0 gems) coming here I do check to see if it's an alt or returning user. But I've seen people (including those who should honestly know better) immediately go on the offensive calling that person out for being Loco/ES/HIM/whoever the hell. Yes even if it does turn out to be them or one of the mods says so that doesn't necessarily warrant starting things up with them.

And at the same time we do tend to get more harsh on actual established users too. In particular I notice when people pick on Windumup for posting........well anything really. I get that he's a more odd character compared to some of us here (and it's not like he's innocent; he has done his scold worthy things in the past), it does seem kinda unfair on him how people tend to immediately jump on him.

But other than some of these instances, I honestly don't quite see things being that bad. I don't see this place as a room full of immature children or whiny babies or even a legion of ****posters. I don't find this place to be glowing with negativity like people say (though I could be biased because of who I am).
I feel like the site is a tighter community of people that poke fun at each other for ****s and giggles and want to stick around for a while, even if they don't care about Spyro or Skylanders anymore. Yes we have some bad eggs and this Chatzy nonsense needs to stop (seriously guys ****ing enough), but among older users we're an actual community.

Too bad being such a tight knit community has also lead to the clique behavior that everyone complains about that leads to many veterans picking on newer users, often with accusations of being ban evaders. Maybe we can improve on that?

I'm very sorry if this is all disjointed or repetitive. I can't focus.

Maybe yeah, different mods and different limits. My references nowadays are the younger users on the Skylanders section(or older that act like they're 13), who won't ever think that maybe the other person they're talking to isn't actually out to get them. Haven't been checking the drama here too much until this week since one board with it is more than enough for me.

Speaking for myself, I tend to treat S&N more leniently than I would other sections if I were mod there. The userbase here is on average older than the Skylanders sections (Spyro sections debatable), and the rules themselves imply that S&N is meant to be more loose in things like spam. With S&N meant to be an escape from more strict sections, it would feel off to suddenly jump in and choke the fun out of S&N as well. Plus a good few of these users know how to act (or really should) and what is and isn't ok.

S&N is frankly not all that easy to moderate. Do too little and you make people think that behaving in a certain way or making certain jokes is tolerated. Do too much and people will complain that fun isn't allowed and "I got this MM but THIS person did something similar and they didn't?!?!?". I try the best I can to keep a balance but I'm sorry if it doesn't always land bullseye.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:53:20 22/08/2015 by CAV
cowpowa23 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4833
#47 Posted: 01:35:42 23/08/2015
huh, I haven't noticed a thing.

But OP does make a good point.

(also lol shutup-*Shot*)
---
I am a Cow.

"Moo".
StormDragon21 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5550
#48 Posted: 01:57:43 23/08/2015
I'm trying to be more mature. That just doesn't happen with me. Either I'm super upbeat or I'm super argumentative.

Also, I've noticed a couple of people who seem to get hater fan clubs following every single post they make. Don't do that. Please. Everyone deserves a chance. (Though a couple of Riptos have already broken that chance…)
---
"sTORM, my parents just told me something that RUINED MY LIFE. DID YOU KNOW that Smarties have different flavors?!" ~ShadowMewX
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me