Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
lol darkspyro [CLOSED]
Metallo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6419
#1 Posted: 15:53:27 22/08/2015 | Topic Creator
Metallo: -posts a topic about something slightly controversial yet entirely relevant in current events-

-maybe 3-7 posts-

Other users: -post topics about completely random jackassery-

-posts extend 3-5 pages-

bruh
AvatariDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 6085
#2 Posted: 15:59:33 22/08/2015
Avatari: -makes a topic about anything-

-maybe a few posts and then it usually dies-

Anyway

This is stuff and nonsense, afterall. And I think people want to come on here to get away from world events/problems. While it's nice to stay up to date on things, it's also nice to relax and enjoy yourself with friends. I mean.. darkSpyro is a fan forum for a purple dragon, it's not supposed to be serious all the time.
But that's just what I think.
---
♥ May 23, 2011 ♥
Samius Hunter Gems: 9262
#3 Posted: 16:02:35 22/08/2015
Quote: Metallo
Metallo: -posts a topic about something slightly controversial yet entirely relevant in current events-

-maybe 3-7 posts-

Other users: -post topics about completely random jackassery-

-posts extend 3-5 pages-

bruh

People might not care, so it's better to set your expectations accordingly.

I've spent hours on making long, thoughtful posts on darkSpyro just to get zero replies. It's not up to me whether people are interested in my posts or not, so I think none of it.
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8480
#4 Posted: 17:40:24 22/08/2015
"Bruh"
StriderSwag Gold Sparx Gems: 2769
#5 Posted: 17:43:10 22/08/2015
Forgive us for actually trying to get away from those issues on a video game forum.

Sorry for disliking reality...
MoonHorizons Gold Sparx Gems: 2826
#6 Posted: 17:49:08 22/08/2015
i think its less of trying to escape from reality and more of that humans have basically seen everything at this point.

scientists can announce that they've found an aristocrat brontosaurus who is capable of speaking english and i wouldn't be surprised.
---
the more obscure your favorite cartoons are, the more refined your taste is
StriderSwag Gold Sparx Gems: 2769
#7 Posted: 17:53:50 22/08/2015
Quote: MoonHorizons
i think its less of trying to escape from reality and more of that humans have basically seen everything at this point.

scientists can announce that they've found an aristocrat brontosaurus who is capable of speaking english and i wouldn't be surprised.

No, for me it's "I hate politics and current events because the world has gone down the ****ter, maybe I'll try to escape by visiting a video game forum"
But of course I can't, it has to be EVERYWHERE.
MoonHorizons Gold Sparx Gems: 2826
#8 Posted: 17:56:58 22/08/2015
Quote: StriderSwag
Quote: MoonHorizons

No, for me it's "I hate politics and current events because the world has gone down the ****ter, maybe I'll try to escape by visiting a video game forum"
But of course I can't, it has to be EVERYWHERE.

eh, i guess it's just different for everyone.
---
the more obscure your favorite cartoons are, the more refined your taste is
TheFlyingSeal Diamond Sparx Gems: 8530
#9 Posted: 18:36:51 22/08/2015
You know if you post those kinds of topics on Idle Chatter more people will be willing to respond and actually debate about it

Don't limit S&N as the only section on Darkspyro, yo.
---
#CynderIsAFireDragon
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#10 Posted: 18:38:42 22/08/2015
I'm interested in those topics, but I get into debates with people other places a lot too, and sometimes I'm just not interested to post about it here,
gillgrunt987 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7399
#11 Posted: 18:42:39 22/08/2015
Quote: TheFlyingSeal
You know if you post those kinds of topics on Idle Chatter more people will be willing to respond and actually debate about it

Honestly, whilst Idle Chatters pretty inactive compared to S&N, you are right in more people being willing to respond/debate about it. Of course, this is my opinion from what I've seen but there are definitely still active topics in IC.
---
I can survive scalding hot coffee and being whipped for 24 hours a day. Digestive biscuits or riot.
TheFlyingSeal Diamond Sparx Gems: 8530
#12 Posted: 18:46:09 22/08/2015
Quote: gillgrunt987

Honestly, whilst Idle Chatters pretty inactive compared to S&N, you are right in more people being willing to respond/debate about it. Of course, this is my opinion from what I've seen but there are definitely still active topics in IC.

I always check IC every once in a while. When I was a younger user that's where I would actually see the type of topics Metallo likes to post and talk about, because that's literally the whole purpose of that sub-forum.

Idle Chatter's description: "Any non-Spyro chat."
Stuff and Nonsense's description: "The only place for non-conversations"
---
#CynderIsAFireDragon
LunarDistortion Ripto Gems: 3606
#13 Posted: 19:01:20 22/08/2015
Quote: gillgrunt987

I think if people posted the kinds of debate and discussion topics that consistently die in S&N in Idle Chatter, it could be a bit more active. Idle Chatter is abandoned because nothing new or interesting goes on there, most times a new discussion topic opens up, people do post in it.
Mesuxelf Ripto Gems: 3666
#14 Posted: 21:11:14 22/08/2015
Quote: AvatariDragon
Avatari: -makes a topic about anything-

-maybe a few posts and then it usually dies-

Anyway

This is stuff and nonsense, afterall. And I think people want to come on here to get away from world events/problems. While it's nice to stay up to date on things, it's also nice to relax and enjoy yourself with friends. I mean.. darkSpyro is a fan forum for a purple dragon, it's not supposed to be serious all the time.
But that's just what I think.

Whenever I see your topics have like one or two posts (or anyone's, really), I wait until it gets low on the topic list then I post in it so that more people will see it <3
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me