Page 1 of 1
New dark edition
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3872
#1 Posted: 16:07:39 21/08/2015 | Topic Creator
http://www.amazon.com/Skylande...rs+dark+edition

[User Posted Image]

????????
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:02:37 21/08/2015 by Matteomax
Czar Mania Ripto Gems: 353
#2 Posted: 16:17:35 21/08/2015
Nothing new in the picture. Maybe this post should be deleted
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#3 Posted: 16:18:19 21/08/2015
They want to sell Stealth Elf no matter what it takes, huh?
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3872
#4 Posted: 16:18:39 21/08/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: Czar Mania
Nothing new in the picture. Maybe this post should be deleted

Stealth elf is not in the regular Wii U dark edition.
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
Blink182Bouncer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1659
#5 Posted: 17:10:46 21/08/2015
Saw this yesterday somewhere
I'd love to be able to get Bowser along side maybe
---
Still Waiting For Legendary Tom DeLonge To Come In The Blink-182 Triple Pack.
WHY DID THEY MAKE MATT SKIBA "CALIFORNIA EDITION EXCLUSIVE"
Kiroq Gold Sparx Gems: 2328
#6 Posted: 18:08:56 21/08/2015
That stealth elf looks like it was added to the picture later.
---
smilie Fools! I've had it up to here with your incompetence! Actually no, even higher..up to HERE!
skyfan124 Blue Sparx Gems: 734
#7 Posted: 18:14:15 21/08/2015
It looks like the stealth elf it's photoshopped in.

EDIT: It doesn't count as a dark edition. It says it's a dark edition+Stealth Elf.
---
smilie+smilie=SMASH-BLAST
Let's Rock+Ready, Set, Glow=Ready, Let's Glow
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 18:16:32 21/08/2015 by skyfan124
Phoenix_Lord Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#8 Posted: 18:16:18 21/08/2015
Thats a photoshoped pic guys(look just below her engine...see the little black line?..also around her ear...the shadow of the portal is white)...she is not in the WiiU an Wii starter packs.
---
Theres no SuperChargers Cards. So I'm making my own... smilie
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#9 Posted: 18:23:20 21/08/2015
Offered by Amazon or a seller? I mean, if they're GOING TO ADD a character, why not Bowser and his vehicle smilie
#10 Posted: 18:25:32 21/08/2015
^That offer would sell a lot better...and make more sense.
---
#11 Posted: 18:26:50 21/08/2015
I'd be fine if it was $120 and was all in the package....really.
Earth-Dragon Blue Sparx Gems: 972
#12 Posted: 20:00:50 21/08/2015
Quote: Phoenix_Lord

For the consumer to spend less money, sure it makes sense, but to keep DK and Bowser SEPERATE for the hardcores who feel like they HAVE to buy two different games at that point is by far the better sales strategy.

At least they were decent enough to make the wii/DS game different.
---
Glad heroic challenges are gone. Imagine doing 165 per skylander. That's 27225 challenges. No thank you.
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#13 Posted: 20:02:09 21/08/2015
Quote: skyfan124
It looks like the stealth elf it's photoshopped in.

EDIT: It doesn't count as a dark edition. It says it's a dark edition+Stealth Elf.

Can you not clearly see Dark Stealth Elf in the image?
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
skyfan124 Blue Sparx Gems: 734
#14 Posted: 20:15:39 21/08/2015
No on amazon it says that.
---
smilie+smilie=SMASH-BLAST
Let's Rock+Ready, Set, Glow=Ready, Let's Glow
Luminous35 Gold Sparx Gems: 2457
#15 Posted: 20:18:09 21/08/2015
I'm pretty sure you'll get a Dark Super Shot Stealth With it, Not in the superchargers game packing thing, But you'll get her with the game.
---
smilie smilie STARCAST FOR PRESIDENT OF MY SEXUALITY smilie smilie
smilie smilie Professor Jet-Vac? I don’t feel so good. smilie smilie
#16 Posted: 20:24:14 21/08/2015
Quote: Earth-Dragon

For the consumer to spend less money, sure it makes sense, but to keep DK and Bowser SEPERATE for the hardcores who feel like they HAVE to buy two different games at that point is by far the better sales strategy.

They apparently think there are enough hardcore people to make up the additional $75 starters than making significantly more fans happier that won't buy another starter the ability to buy $30 of additional figures. I'd argue it would've worked better for them going in the opposite direction. Fewer angry customers, happier people getting what they want...dunno...almost sounds like utopia to me.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:25:30 21/08/2015 by TakeYourLemons
#17 Posted: 23:56:31 21/08/2015
Quote: TakeYourLemons

They apparently think there are enough hardcore people to make up the additional $75 starters than making significantly more fans happier that won't buy another starter the ability to buy $30 of additional figures. I'd argue it would've worked better for them going in the opposite direction. Fewer angry customers, happier people getting what they want...dunno...almost sounds like utopia to me.

I was agreeing with the idea...not the price of $100 bucks....as TakeYourLemons said later...many would pay $120 or even $130 if they made a WiiU Custom Pack with Donkey Kong, Bowser and the Kaos Trophy. Because now i have to buy 6 starter sets to get all the figures....because we all know they arn't going to do single/double packs of the starters.
---
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#18 Posted: 01:06:21 22/08/2015
Stealth Elf isn't on the top of the box? Why not?

Looks photo-shopped if you ask me.
#19 Posted: 01:11:13 22/08/2015

I was agreeing with the idea...not the price of $100 bucks....as TakeYourLemons said later...many would pay $120 or even $130 if they made a WiiU Custom Pack with Donkey Kong, Bowser and the Kaos Trophy. Because now i have to buy 6 starter sets to get all the figures....because we all know they arn't going to do single/double packs of the starters.

Yep, and as a result...canceled my dark starter order tonight. Tired of playing the game. I'm going to get the digital starter and take it from there.
mastermc54 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3448
#20 Posted: 05:11:06 22/08/2015

The whole buying 6 starter sets makes me wonder why there are so many of us "gotta have them all" in-game variant collectors regardless of how much money we throw the way of Activision who quite honestly does not care much for any of us (case in point: not releasing yawn traps in the US). It's funny that none of us has drawn a line and said "enough is enough" in committing to only buy a starter pack and no extras...it's plain as day the best bang for your buck to get a ton of content of a new game and would give us extra reason to play with our old Skylanders we've worked so hard to collect over the years.

Getting back to the investment of purchasing 6 starter packs...even if you have Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked, you're throwing down $240 ($80x3) for the dark editions plus $180 ($60x3) for the regular starter packs...that's $420+tax which would effectively buy you a brand new gaming system plus at least one game. The more and more I think about it, the prudent thing to do is just purchase one regular starter pack around Black Friday for about $40 and call it a day with this next Skylanders entry.
#21 Posted: 01:00:11 23/08/2015
I agree mastermc54...this is getting very old...im not paying full price for all of them....will get the darks on day one because they go poof fast....will get the standard starters way later...next year when the prices drop to half of less...like the Trap Team starters are now. But i'm still debating weather i'm going to get them all this time around.
---
#22 Posted: 01:48:36 23/08/2015
Yeah, IF you were playing the game...getting darks now and getting standards much later in the cycle is very smart. Like at the END of the cycle.
mantez Emerald Sparx Gems: 3167
#23 Posted: 02:21:38 23/08/2015
Wii Dark edition has pre sold out in Australia.
---
Gullible is not in the dictionary.
BoneGrunt Green Sparx Gems: 447
#24 Posted: 04:31:56 23/08/2015
Let the scalping begin? I sure hope not.

The DK/Bowser Skymiibos would certainly go for a lot online if there's a shortage. The Dark versions in particular would likely sell well over $50.
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#25 Posted: 06:39:44 23/08/2015
Quote: BoneGrunt
Let the scalping begin? I sure hope not.

It's time to start the hunt for Dark Bowser and Dark Clown Cruiser
---
Bruh
GamerDrone Emerald Sparx Gems: 3287
#26 Posted: 16:20:35 23/08/2015
There will be deals on Black Friday for Starter packs. You would wait until much later if you're looking for extreme deals.
stoat2337 Gold Sparx Gems: 2270
#27 Posted: 01:07:42 24/08/2015
...im not paying full price for all of them....will get the darks on day one because they go poof fast....will get the standard starters way later...next year when the prices drop to half of less...like the Trap Team starters are now.

This is exactly what I am doing too. Not fighting to get into a store on Black Friday. Will wait util the after Christmas sales to get the regular starters.
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5023
#28 Posted: 09:00:34 24/08/2015
so they are gonna have a new dark starter that include the stealth elf. and add another 75 to the price tag, this is just seriously getting crazy...
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
GaiaMemories Emerald Sparx Gems: 3753
#29 Posted: 17:55:44 24/08/2015
The dark starter costs $100, this costs $110. Where do you get 75 from? And this is just an amazon exclusive bundle, not another variation.
---
Hahahahaha
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:56:38 24/08/2015 by GaiaMemories
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#30 Posted: 18:37:10 24/08/2015
Quote: GaiaMemories
The dark starter costs $100, this costs $110. Where do you get 75 from? And this is just an amazon exclusive bundle, not another variation.

I was wondering the same thing. It's the Wii U Dark bundle with a Dark Stealth tacked on for an additional $10 instead of $13...what's the big deal?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:37:41 24/08/2015 by Tigorus
funnybone Gold Sparx Gems: 2532
#31 Posted: 19:16:34 24/08/2015
Only if it came with dark sea shadow & Dark stealth elf i would buy it.
---
Meh idk wut i am doing alive rn
Evolve Your Skylanders Adventure here!
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5023
#32 Posted: 22:14:14 24/08/2015
i aint giving 10 more for it thats for sure....
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
GaiaMemories Emerald Sparx Gems: 3753
#33 Posted: 22:49:13 24/08/2015
Quote: CountMoneyBone

But yoy said "75". What do you mean? Or is it just a cheap shot at the game?
---
Hahahahaha
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#34 Posted: 01:21:35 25/08/2015
Quote: funnybone

Me too.
mastermc54 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3448
#35 Posted: 06:42:31 25/08/2015

I agree...this bundle is useless for completionists who collect all in game variants as you'd somehow have to acquire dark sea shadow anyway. Yet another prime example of how Activision marketing/distribution doesn't give a squat about convenience for those who collect them all. Expect this dark stealth elf to be available on the cheap used at GameStop a year from now.
juarmo Blue Sparx Gems: 749
#36 Posted: 07:23:35 25/08/2015

I'm buying it. I cancelled my order at Gamestop to do so. I can only afford two DE at launch: Wii and Wii U. Buying this means the only DE figure i'll have to buy secondhand is Sea Shadow, I'm also not sure we'll be getting a stealth elf outside of the starters, since the only starters that DON'T come with Stealth Elf are the Wii Dark and Wii U Dark. They're not necessarily going to accommodate the small portion of the community who buys a nintendo dark and ONLY buys a nintendo dark
if the normal edition starter for Wii U/Wii/3DS ALSO had spitfire instead of SE, THEN I'd be less worried.
But it doesn't, so I'm not
---
My dream in life is to steamroll Skylanders Imaginators on Nightmare difficulty with only a Level 60 Sir Hoodington with maximum Fire Elemental Power
juarmo Blue Sparx Gems: 749
#37 Posted: 07:31:43 25/08/2015
Quote: CountMoneyBone

10 more? Since when were you planning to give the first 100?
---
My dream in life is to steamroll Skylanders Imaginators on Nightmare difficulty with only a Level 60 Sir Hoodington with maximum Fire Elemental Power
Unreallystic Emerald Sparx Gems: 3054
#38 Posted: 18:19:11 25/08/2015
Quote: mastermc54

The whole buying 6 starter sets makes me wonder why there are so many of us "gotta have them all" in-game variant collectors regardless of how much money we throw the way of Activision who quite honestly does not care much for any of us (case in point: not releasing yawn traps in the US). It's funny that none of us has drawn a line and said "enough is enough" in committing to only buy a starter pack and no extras...it's plain as day the best bang for your buck to get a ton of content of a new game and would give us extra reason to play with our old Skylanders we've worked so hard to collect over the years.

Getting back to the investment of purchasing 6 starter packs...even if you have Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked, you're throwing down $240 ($80x3) for the dark editions plus $180 ($60x3) for the regular starter packs...that's $420+tax which would effectively buy you a brand new gaming system plus at least one game. The more and more I think about it, the prudent thing to do is just purchase one regular starter pack around Black Friday for about $40 and call it a day with this next Skylanders entry.

And if you are smart? You throw it right back on eBay. Those Kaos trophies? Sell'em. Copies of the game and portal with extra figures? Just sell'em. Factoring in ebay tax and mark-up, I'd wager I can flip a $100 Dark set and make back 70-80.

ALSO, just putting this out there, they always go on stupid sales. Buy the dark stuff now, and just wait a month or two. By Black Friday they'll have the regular sets at like half off or something stupid.
- Unreall
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#39 Posted: 23:53:49 05/03/2016
I apologize for the super-old mega-thread necro, but this seems relevant.

With Amazon blowing these Wii U + Stealth Elf editions out at $32, I decided to order one. A friend told me he recalled that Stealth Elf came packed inside the box in bubble wrap. I decided to bite anyway.

[User Posted Image]

There's absolutely no indication on the outside of the packaging that the extra figure is inside. There is a printed barcode on a label over the package's barcode, I assume to differentiate the bundle.

Kinda wish I hadn't bit. Could have finally picked up the iOS Starter instead.

Oh well. Live and learn. Hope this serves as an archival for this particular packaging variation down the road.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me