Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Gamestop B2G3 Free [CLOSED]
Jimmy40741 Blue Sparx Gems: 732
#1 Posted: 17:17:49 20/08/2015 | Topic Creator
Gamestop is running another special on used characters if anyone wants to up their collection. Buy 2 and get 3 of lesser value for free. The discount does not kick in until you add the 5th one to your cart. Plus they have updated their inventory since yesterday and some of the harder to find ones are back in stock. I was able to pick up a pumpkin eye brawl and dark wildfire for $35.17 including tax and shipping, and got a lightcore pop fizz and 2 disney infinity characters for free.
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#2 Posted: 17:31:17 20/08/2015
Also, if in the market for new figures, Best Buy has a deal of the day for B1G1 70% off and it stacks with Gamer's Club. Separate deals for regular figures and Trap Masters.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/ol...2&type=category

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/ol...4&type=category
Alphawolf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1692
#3 Posted: 21:39:40 20/08/2015
the gamer's club says 20% of new video game software, does that include the skylanders figures? i looked in the fine print and couldnt find anything, if it does then it seems like its a 20% off all figures all the time, much cheaper than toysrus.
mastermc54 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3448
#4 Posted: 22:42:15 20/08/2015
Quote: Alphawolf
the gamer's club says 20% of new video game software, does that include the skylanders figures? i looked in the fine print and couldnt find anything, if it does then it seems like its a 20% off all figures all the time, much cheaper than toysrus.

Gamers Club gives a 20% discount on all Toys to Life figures and associated games including Skylanders dark edition starter packs. The math for figures works out to a better discount than you get for TRU B1G1 40% off sales (which has a $1-2 figure "surcharge") and you're not forced to buy 2 at a time to get the discount. As others have pointed out in other threads, the only TRU advantage is a better Skylanders selection and occasional early release.
griswoldthunder Gold Sparx Gems: 2953
#5 Posted: 22:43:07 20/08/2015
Gamer's Club does give you 20% off figures, too.
GaiaMemories Emerald Sparx Gems: 3753
#6 Posted: 22:47:51 20/08/2015
Quote: mastermc54

Gamers Club gives a 20% discount on all Toys to Life figures and associated games including Skylanders dark edition starter packs. The math for figures works out to a better discount than you get for TRU B1G1 40% off sales (which has a $1-2 figure "surcharge") and you're not forced to buy 2 at a time to get the discount. As others have pointed out in other threads, the only TRU advantage is a better Skylanders selection and occasional early release.

All figures? I know they do with gimmicklanders but my local TRU sells cores for retail. Maybe just my location.
---
Hahahahaha
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
#7 Posted: 01:07:40 21/08/2015
Be careful with the online buy two get three free. I had 30 in my basket but it gave me the 18 lowest ones for free. If you order five $12.99 figures, you would be loosing out as they wouldn't give any of those for free. I had to place my orders in groups of five to maximize my discounts.
---
Stay Cool!
#8 Posted: 03:06:24 21/08/2015
Quote: GaiaMemories

All figures? I know they do with gimmicklanders but my local TRU sells cores for retail. Maybe just my location.

Most TRU locations I've visited sell cores for $10.99. They are $10.99 on their online website as well. They do have a price match policy, but why give your business to a company that makes you jump through silly hoops and wastes your time in verifying the price with a competitor for that extra dollar off which is supposed to be the MSRP? I've only price matched once at TRU and some kid took 5 minutes to verify Walmart.com and Bestbuy.com had the core for $9.99...it held up a line at the register as well.
GaiaMemories Emerald Sparx Gems: 3753
#9 Posted: 03:23:17 21/08/2015
Quote: GaiaMemories

Well it must be my location. On they're price tags it says 9.99.

Most TRU locations I've visited sell cores for $10.99. They are $10.99 on their online website as well. They do have a price match policy, but why give your business to a company that makes you jump through silly hoops and wastes your time in verifying the price with a competitor for that extra dollar off which is supposed to be the MSRP? I've only price matched once at TRU and some kid took 5 minutes to verify Walmart.com and Bestbuy.com had the core for $9.99...it held up a line at the register as well.

Well it must be my location. On the price tags it says 9.99.
---
Hahahahaha
#10 Posted: 20:26:54 21/08/2015
good info, looks like best buy is my new go to place to buy figures from. there selection isint that bad ether when compared to my other local stores.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#11 Posted: 23:44:07 21/08/2015
it's still going on. i bought 2 infinity figures and got pppv, wash buckler, and s2 ignitor for free.
Portal___Master Emerald Sparx Gems: 3718
#12 Posted: 02:19:31 22/08/2015
Quote: defpally
Also, if in the market for new figures, Best Buy has a deal of the day for B1G1 70% off and it stacks with Gamer's Club. Separate deals for regular figures and Trap Masters.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/ol...2&type=category

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/ol...4&type=category

Dang it, missed this best buy deal by 1 day argh smilie
---
smilie
Guinness Book of World Records holder for Largest SkyLanders Collection.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/SkyLandersCollectorsGroup
BoneGrunt Green Sparx Gems: 447
#13 Posted: 02:39:20 22/08/2015
The Gamestop deal is awesome. I've been able to get a lot of Adventure/Giants figures I never had the chance to buy (began playing very late into Giants).
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#14 Posted: 06:55:50 22/08/2015
Quote: BoneGrunt
The Gamestop deal is awesome. I've been able to get a lot of Adventure/Giants figures I never had the chance to buy (began playing very late into Giants).

Funny how everyone people say how "unfair" it is when they don't offer variants for retail but rarely does anyone say the good stuff about when they do this. Like I said, if you look before you buy, all of the retailers can have great deals.
#15 Posted: 13:44:10 22/08/2015
Quote: TakeYourLemons
Quote: BoneGrunt

Funny how everyone people say how "unfair" it is when they don't offer variants for retail but rarely does anyone say the good stuff about when they do this. Like I said, if you look before you buy, all of the retailers can have great deals.

Stop trying to make GameStop look good. How about you call up their customer service line and you tell me how long you have to wait to get to a live person...consider yourself lucky if they pick up in less than half an hour. Then tell me if their customer service person is even remotely helpful. It doesn't happen often, but they've been absolute garbage on the odd one or two times when I've had a legitimate customer service problem which practically any other retailer would have been good at resolving quickly and in favor of the customer. I'm not giving them a pat on the back for having a clearance sale on a warehouse full of figures which they probably paid kids/parents a dollar or two for in store credit...any monkey at any business can figure out you need to have an occasional sale to move out excess product. If product moves at a higher price or they can get away with charging more, GameStop is the first in line to milk the most out of customers whether it be Eons Elite, a rare chase variant, or a product in low supply/high demand (Wii U GameCube adapter/Ness Amiibo). You don't need to take my word for it...feel free to check out their abysmal customer service ratings...

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/GameStop

Other ratings sites don't put GameStop up on any pedestal either. Like any smart consumer, I only give GameStop business when they have a figure that I can't get anywhere else or they have an insane sale which other retailers can't beat (like the BOGO cores on the day King Cobra Cadabra was released). Otherwise, GameStop is the bottom of the barrel when it comes to Skylanders and new video game purchases.
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#16 Posted: 16:25:44 22/08/2015
Try and make them look good? No, I didn't make this thread. Just saying, it's not all Kaos and evilness... (btw full disclosure...I generally don't like their practices)...I can however be objective with the facts when they do well like in the case of this sale.
#17 Posted: 23:06:09 22/08/2015
gamestop is love hate really. the free figure you get for pre-order i had to tell the employees about it. i get alot is going on but i dont get how they dont keep employees in on all there deals. i only go there for deals they have and such. as for used figures, i dont like them. i want the card and sticker too. used figures never have them.
#18 Posted: 23:36:36 22/08/2015
Quote: TakeYourLemons
Try and make them look good? No, I didn't make this thread. Just saying, it's not all Kaos and evilness... (btw full disclosure...I generally don't like their practices)...I can however be objective with the facts when they do well like in the case of this sale.

Well as the general public (reseller ratings) agrees, it's 2 parts goodness for 8 parts Kaos/evilness.

I have many other instances of their "evilness" as well. The last Skylanders Day, I went in the night before at my mall GameStop location and inquired about figure availability...neither of the 2 employees there knew anything about Skylanders Day including the fact that they supposedly were releasing a GameStop exclusive figure the next day...no info about the posters being given out or the sales either...nor did they care to investigate is what irks me. They were go with the flow stoner types. The next day, I chose to go to 2 other GameStop locations...one didn't know anything about King Cobra Cadabra, but just said to check the pegs, while the other claimed to have never gotten in the giveaway posters (I got some weird Lego Jurassic World thing as a freebie from the kid working there when I pointed out the posters on their flyer). Then there was the time I was vacationing and some GameStop employee tried to convince me Jade Fire Kraken was a store exclusive special edition figure. I had to tell him their only exclusives to that date had been Polar Whirlwind and the Swap Force dark editions as he then walked away sheepishly with a confused look on his face. And there's yet another GameStop local to me with a zero customer service skills manager who laughed after seeing the Frito Lays Skylanders coupons, saying "we don't participate in coupons...we're a game store" in a condescending tone (this is the location which hasn't seen a penny from me since the Giants era).
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
#19 Posted: 17:26:40 24/08/2015
Got my order today from Gamestop and it almost well. My complaint is that there was no notification that one of the figures was shipping apart from the main order. The invoice I got in my email shown it was missing but I wasn't going to really worry about it until I actually got the orders in as I was hoping it was a typo.

Surprisingly the missing one arrived on Saturday apart from the rest of the order but no mention about what's going on. No mention about this in today's package either. A less patient or inexperienced shopper would be raising a fit wondering what's going on. It would have been better to let the customer know what's going on when this happens, but then again Gamestop isn't really the best to order from either.

Anyway, the sole figure was sent from Pennsylvania and they just tossed it into a bubble mailer and the base got a rub burn as well as cracked open a millimeter. I'm assuming some store clerk was told to get it off of the rack and send it out, but seriously don't people should know better than toss figures unprotected in a bubble mailer?

Something else I noticed is that she (Legendary Chill) wasn't even reset, she was a level 3 with no powers bought, but I fixed that and she's now a maxed out character ready to play some SuperChargers when the time comes. I guess they are not even bothering to reset the characters now.

Anyway, I've yet to test out the rest of the figures, but they do look pretty good. The sale is still going, so I may get some more. I'm still not 100% confident with ordering from Gamestop as I've had some horrible experiences too with prior orders (and horrible staff in the b&ms), but I'm willing to take chances on good deals such as this.
---
Stay Cool!
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me