Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > SuperChargers Legendary Hurricane Jet Vac - pre-order up on TRU!
Page 1 of 1
SuperChargers Legendary Hurricane Jet Vac - pre-order up on TRU! [CLOSED]
ViDeOmAnCiNi Platinum Sparx Gems: 7062
#1 Posted: 21:52:45 14/08/2015 | Topic Creator
Ready for pre-order now.

http://www.toysrus.com/product...ductId=70477296

Enjoy.

-vm
---
♫ "Many dreams come true and some have silver linings, I live for my dream and a pocketful of gold" ♫

FiUSAwS:G! http://bit.ly/R3L1lb
Phoenix_Lord Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#2 Posted: 21:58:57 14/08/2015
Well that officially blows(no pun intended)...we allready have a Legendary Jet Vac. ....In the words...err word of Jay Leno..."IDIOTS"
---
Theres no SuperChargers Cards. So I'm making my own... smilie
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#3 Posted: 00:31:18 15/08/2015
Where are the Sonic pre-orders?
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#4 Posted: 15:49:58 15/08/2015
Please don't pre-order this. It's not going to be rare and figures will almost certainly be on sale for release. They always are.

Don't send the message that we do not require deals or product in hand to get our money.
Huntrz2 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#5 Posted: 16:06:00 15/08/2015
Quote: defpally
Please don't pre-order this. It's not going to be rare and figures will almost certainly be on sale for release. They always are.

Don't send the message that we do not require deals or product in hand to get our money.

AGREE!!!
Hawksey128 Blue Sparx Gems: 994
#6 Posted: 09:47:30 16/08/2015
I never got the original, and this one looks AWESOME! I hope this is also backwards compatible, I might use this in TT and SF
---
I'm going to tell you right now.
BUY smilie
EHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEH THIS IS A POINTLESS EDITION TO A SIGNATURE I DUNNO
mastermc54 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3448
#7 Posted: 12:24:24 16/08/2015

Well the only thing people should be preordering at all is the dark editions of the starter packs they want. NOTHING else should be rare. I still find it silly that some people are willing to blindly throw down full MSRP rather than wait for sales. The Completionist collection will cost a few hundred dollars more if no sales. At the very least, I suggest buying Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked which'll guarantee a 20% discount and easily pay for itself even if you only buy Skylanders and no other video games.
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#8 Posted: 14:24:48 16/08/2015
Agree. Maybe the Dark edition, although as long as you don't wait two months that should be easily obtainable as well - except maybe the Wii version. However, it is highly unlikely the Dark edition will be on sale unless TRU has another release night sale like last year - so there is no point of waiting on the Dark Edition.

GCU is simply the best deal in gaming these days. They have their Skylanders without the markup, so it is like the regular TRU B1G1 40% off all the time - except you don't have to buy two to get a discount. I just wish they had better stocking for Skylanders. Even with the premium, it is hard to beat TRU's stocking and the employees at my store.
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#9 Posted: 21:22:15 16/08/2015
Well, I would go to best buy, but mine always has little to no new stock. The only places I can ever reliably find anything new is TRU. Plus, they generally get things a week earlier.
---
Dead
#10 Posted: 03:05:47 17/08/2015
GCU is simply the best deal in gaming these days. They have their Skylanders without the markup, so it is like the regular TRU B1G1 40% off all the time - except you don't have to buy two to get a discount. I just wish they had better stocking for Skylanders. Even with the premium, it is hard to beat TRU's stocking and the employees at my store.

Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked actually beats the TRU B1G1 40% off sales...people keep forgetting the $1 markup on cores and $2 on gimmick figures (and anything above $15) which effectively makes the discount 16% or less. Don't let TRU fool you with their ridiculous markup! The worst markup I've seen for Skylanders is TRU selling the 8 trap pack for $45 when you could get it $40 everywhere else.

TRU does have the best selection hands down, but I have been able to get pretty much every non-exclusive Skylander at Best Buy, Target, or Amazon.com. I'm glad to say that I've never had to cave to buy a Giant, Swapper, or Trapmaster at the TRU $17 price tag.
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#11 Posted: 03:06:06 17/08/2015
Agree. Maybe the Dark edition, although as long as you don't wait two months that should be easily obtainable as well - except maybe the Wii version. However, it is highly unlikely the Dark edition will be on sale unless TRU has another release night sale like last year - so there is no point of waiting on the Dark Edition.

Thank you for this huge tip btw. I won't even be at TRU this year because These $14.99 will be come $16.99 and $36.99 or more, and the sale will probably not make it worth it unless they are throwing in some serious freebies like at last year's midnight launch. At this point TRU is for convenience, not price. And even with convenience, a sale is a must. If folks really took advantage of BB's club pricing I'm sure their stocking would improve.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 03:07:28 17/08/2015 by TakeYourLemons
darkchylde28 Gold Sparx Gems: 2175
#12 Posted: 18:28:15 17/08/2015
Quote: Huntrz2

AGREE!!!

I also agree and would like to point out that if you're super eager to get characters, vehicles, etc., in your hands, 99% of everything available for preorder right now is only available for shipping. If you're in the US, this means that there's currently no way for you to get everything that you want on launch day if you're not at a physical store to pick it up, as anything shipped would arrive the following day, Monday, 9/21/2015, at the earliest. Hope this helps out those who are on the fence!

-Doug
---
SSA: Complete, SG: Complete, SSF: Complete, STT: Complete (Save Yawn Traps), SSC: Complete (To Date) + Various Chase/Promotional Variants
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#13 Posted: 19:14:44 17/08/2015
Unless you get lucky and they ship something early. We got the Dragonfire Cannon pack from Giants like two weeks early from TRU, I think. :D
DAWNOFWAR Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#14 Posted: 19:57:06 17/08/2015
With the way traps were distributed....I'm not taking any chances... Yes you can still buy trap team right now and get them at discount( trap masters )..but that can't be said for traps...my motto is buy it when you see it......getting everything I can day one...except for Amiibo gimmicklanders...they will not be in my collection!...Pre Orders are up from Best Buy (Steel Plated Smash)... Target (Nitro Stealth Stinger).. GameStop (Frightful Fiesta) also!
Edited 7 times - Last edited at 00:26:58 18/08/2015 by DAWNOFWAR
#15 Posted: 20:18:48 17/08/2015
Quote: DAWNOFWAR
With the way traps were distributed....I'm not taking any chances... Yes you can still buy trap team right now and get any of them at discount( trap masters ) you want..but that can't be said for traps...my motto is buy it when you see it......getting everything I can day one...except for gimmicklanders...they will not be in my collection!...pre orders are up from Best Buy and Target also...

So, I guess you're only buying the cars this time around, or are you only planning to use Hot Streak and all of your previous Skylanders? The reason I ask is due to every Skylander currently announced as being part of Trap Team is a gimmicklander--there aren't any announced cores at all this time around. Depending on how you want to read it, the cars are kind of gimmicklanders (gimmick accessories, anyway) as well, leaving you with the current lowest buy-in for the next game in the series of anyone I've heard of--one starter and GO! smilie

-Doug
---
SSA: Complete, SG: Complete, SSF: Complete, STT: Complete (Save Yawn Traps), SSC: Complete (To Date) + Various Chase/Promotional Variants
DAWNOFWAR Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#16 Posted: 20:36:49 17/08/2015
I mean gimmicklanders as in amiibos!
#17 Posted: 23:09:52 17/08/2015
Quote: DAWNOFWAR
With the way traps were distributed....I'm not taking any chances... Yes you can still buy trap team right now and get them at discount( trap masters ) you want..but that can't be said for traps...my motto is buy it when you see it......getting everything I can day one...except for Amiibo gimmicklanders...they will not be in my collection!...Pre Orders are up from Best Buy (Steel Plated Smash)... Target (Nitro Stealth Stinger).. GameStop (Frightful Fiesta) also!

To each their own, but you'll be paying full prices plus shipping I assume. The Nitro figures are around for at least 2 months...I was able to N Krypt King and N Head Rush for $10 at Target during sales. I understand Frightful Fiesta since GameStop sales are few and far between, but he'll be flooding shelves just like King Cobra Cadabra. We haven't seen exclusives fly off the shelves within a day or a few days since the Giants era with Molten Hot Dog and Granite Crusher.
GamerDrone Emerald Sparx Gems: 3287
#18 Posted: 01:40:20 18/08/2015
Quote:
We haven't seen exclusives fly off the shelves within a day or a few days since the Giants era with Molten Hot Dog and Granite Crusher.

ITA. Even with Granite Crusher, I was able to get it weeks after release. I'm not pre-ordering anything unless the deal is enticing enough. I plan to be out at midnight and all that morning. I fully expect to get everything that's out. I haven't had problems previous years and I figure this year won't be any different. The only items that I could see being an issue are the Nintendo Dark Editions. And not so much for those since only hardcore collectors would pay $100 just to get the Amiibo figures.
Street50 Gold Sparx Gems: 2060
#19 Posted: 15:36:17 16/09/2015
Think we'll have a buy 1 get 1 40% off deal for the skylanders on release of superchargers?
iceflow76 Blue Sparx Gems: 609
#20 Posted: 15:48:14 16/09/2015
I would think so. Based on the ads revealed already (BB,Taget and GameStop) they could steal a ton of sales if they had some kind of offer on Sunday.
---
Characters Owned: 131 of 131 (100%) (Bring on Superchargers)
Figures Owned: 209 of 268 (77.9%)
AzureStarline Emerald Sparx Gems: 3539
#21 Posted: 16:07:21 16/09/2015
Not to mention they always get the lion's share of inventory. Any TRU I've seen on release days across the past few years, they have boxes upon boxes upon boxes.
---
Favorites: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#22 Posted: 16:36:52 16/09/2015
Quote: iceflow76
I would think so. Based on the ads revealed already (BB,Taget and GameStop) they could steal a ton of sales if they had some kind of offer on Sunday.

Where have you found next week's ads for Best Buy, Target, and GameStop?
#23 Posted: 16:58:51 16/09/2015
GameStop has theirs up on the their site.

Best Buy is up on SkylandersInquirer.com

Target is up on SkylandersInquirer.com, freestufffinder.com and targetfanatic.com
---
Dahvoo Emerald Sparx Gems: 3914
#24 Posted: 17:16:42 16/09/2015
Thanks for the links, iceflow76! +1!
---
SSA: 37/37; SG: 99/99; SSF: 174/174; STT: 254/254 & 59/59 Traps; SSC: 294/294 & 32/32 Vehicles; SI: 338/339 & 29/34 Crystals. MAX Imaginator Level: 59
#25 Posted: 19:34:49 16/09/2015
Quote: Street50
Think we'll have a buy 1 get 1 40% off deal for the skylanders on release of superchargers?

As has been mentioned many times over, the TRU BOGO 40% off sales equate to about a 14-17% discount depending on what you buy when you factor in their extra $1-2 surcharge. Best Buy GCU beats them with a flat 20% discount. However, if you must have a large selection and don't mind paying a little extra, TRU is your place to go. People need to shop around regardless since TRU, Best Buy, Target, and GameStop all have exclusives.

GameStop has theirs up on the their site.

Best Buy is up on SkylandersInquirer.com

Target is up on SkylandersInquirer.com, freestufffinder.com and targetfanatic.com

Thanks for the heads up...I usually just Google advance ads and I had never heard of those websites. As mentioned on SkylandersInquirer.com, Best Buy has vehicles listed as the same price of a Supercharger, so as long as that's not a misprint, it may be the best deal for vehicles.
#26 Posted: 19:54:05 16/09/2015
I just found those sites last week. Was looking to see if I could find any of this weeks ads early so I knew when to start looking for next weeks ads.

If the $12.99 Best Buy price for vehicles holds up and you add the GCU you can get vehicles for $10.39. That's $4.60 off the normal price and $6.60 off the TRU price! If you buy all 4 Wave 1 vehicles at BB you could go to TRU and get 2 Wave 2 vehicles for about what TRU is selling all the Wave 1 vehicle for.
---
Street50 Gold Sparx Gems: 2060
#27 Posted: 21:54:41 16/09/2015
I assume we have no information on what the Duel packs 1 and 2 are at bestbuy yet?
#28 Posted: 23:16:56 16/09/2015
Yeah, they are $24.99 each and don't come out till 10/2. According to BestBuy.com
---
#29 Posted: 17:52:16 17/09/2015
Yeah, they are $24.99 each and don't come out till 10/2. According to BestBuy.com

I think Street50 meant which double packs they were, as they are still just listed as "Skylanders SuperChargers Dual Pack #1 - Multi" and "#2 - Multi" with "More information coming soon" as the only descriptions. If these are the Terrafin & Jet Vac packs that are supposed to be available at launch, it sounds like TRU might have ended up with a 1-2 week exclusivity on them or something. If they're something else, everyone would LOVE to know.

Links:

Pack 1: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/ac...8&skuId=4328910
Pack 2: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/ac...0&skuId=4328927

-Doug
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:56:34 17/09/2015 by darkchylde28
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#30 Posted: 19:25:37 17/09/2015
Honestly with how TRu does things I wouldnt be surprised if those 2 packs are at TRU only at launch and then trickle in the other stores later on.
Plaag Emerald Sparx Gems: 4339
#31 Posted: 21:34:39 17/09/2015
Seen the set up at a Target I shop at, they have no display, and have cut the Skylanders section down in half. (This is a Super Target). Had an employee check counts and the only thing not available yet is the double packs.

ShaneG.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me