Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
The Angel and the Dragon [Private]
ShadowMewX Diamond Sparx Gems: 8081
#1 Posted: 01:27:35 14/08/2015 | Topic Creator
'Sup! This is a private RP between a couple of DragonVale/Kid Icarus lovers. StormDragon21 and I originally made the RP to explain their backstory of friendship.

Plot:
Shadmé, an angel hailing from Skyworld, decides to investigate a Vale rumored to be inhabited by sentient dragons. After a crash in the Power of Flight, Shadmé is left stranded in a world where her kind of wings are not the norm. She encounters a Storm Dragon named Skyward, and the two become friends immediately. However, the two soon come to the conclusion that something's not quite right in the Vale. Mysterious forces greater than the two could ever imagine begin to rise, and they may be the only ones who can stop it.

Summary so far:
TBA

Notes so far:
TBA
---
Let's bust bunsen burners and bounce!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:43:06 11/08/2016 by ShadowMewX
StormDragon21 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5550
#2 Posted: 01:28:51 14/08/2015
Yes! -giant hug- We're ready to go!
---
"sTORM, my parents just told me something that RUINED MY LIFE. DID YOU KNOW that Smarties have different flavors?!" ~ShadowMewX
#3 Posted: 01:37:36 14/08/2015 | Topic Creator
Yay! :3

Characters:
Shadmé- an intelligent, kindhearted but flightless angel who hails from Skyworld. Is aquatinted with many gods. Crash-landed in DragonVale. Has a doppelgänger named Lightmé. Pic.
Lightmé- a sadistic and clever but flightless angel who was created from Shadmé via the Mirror of Truth. Has many secret connections to villains and the like. Independent. Pic.

Speedy- a fun-loving, daredevil Blazing Dragon who lives in the Vale. Not always the brightest and quite naïve, but strives to do the right thing.
Cobalt- a Steel Dragon who lives in the Vale. Is naturally suspicious of anyone and everything. Is quite determined and enjoys being right.
Moonstone- a Ruin Dragon who lives in the Vale. Friends with Cobalt, though he acts as Cobalt's mediator. Is level-headed but gets annoyed when others call him old.
Ariana- a bashful but observant Topaz Dragon who resides in the Gemstone Island in the outskirts of the Vale. Acts neutral and tries to live a quiet life despite being a rare dragon.

Frills- a Poison Dragon who lives in the Vale. Enjoys messing with poisons, but has never had any test subjects. Though he is hesitant about harming other dragons with them, was convinced by Lightmé that it's for the greater good.
Viscia- a Mistletoe Dragon who lives in the Vale. Charming and mischievous, she tries to stir up trouble any way she can. She believes this gig can be her biggest crime yet.
Frizz- a Hypnotic Dragon who lives in the Vale. Possibly insane. Used to people falling into a spell by merely gazing at him, but was impressed when Lightmé saw through his tricks.
Neoss- a Promethium Dragon who lives in the Vale. Formerly a docile dragon, he was tired of others assuming the opposite at first glance and gave in. Now he was hired by Lightmé and will do whatever he can to exact revenge.

More coming soon as I need them.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 15:05:27 30/08/2015 by ShadowMewX
#4 Posted: 02:00:54 14/08/2015
Skyward: Passionate, curious, and a little bit short-tempered, this Storm Dragon was outcast as a hatchling because of her oddly-shaped tail. Close to all of the Legendary Dragons, but strives to make friends out of this zone. Has a malfunctioned clone called Earthbound. Pic: http://i.imgur.com/Y0X3fvB.png%5B/img%5D

Scorch: A banished Legendary Dragon who never got rid of his hatred for the "lesser dragons". Relies more on brute strength and magic power than intelligence, and isn't anything above average in intelligence. (Too lazy to grab the picture right now)

Earthbound: The exact opposite of Skyward, Earthbound is rather lazy, keeps her cool, and doesn't care about things "below her". Scorch's favorite tool, although she denies it with the only hint of passion ever seen on her. (No picture right now.)

Miroi: Peaceful and serene Legendary Dragon of Fate. She can see the future to a limited degree, and interprets most of the dragon omens. (Can't find the picture. Let me know if you have any idea where I posted it)

I have a couple more but I'm already half-asleep.
---
"sTORM, my parents just told me something that RUINED MY LIFE. DID YOU KNOW that Smarties have different flavors?!" ~ShadowMewX
#5 Posted: 02:23:22 14/08/2015 | Topic Creator
N'aww, sleepyhead. smilie We'll do more RPing tomorrow or whenever if you need a break.
I'll probably use first-person for Shadmé, heads up.

I flew above the clouds, feeling the fresh air and cool winds. Bow hilted, cape furling, eyes closed. This was the life, to be flying so far and freely. Being a flightless angel only meant that it was more exciting to be in the air. Now that Hades was finished for the second time, peace had returned to the heavenly realm I called my home. Such peace, though better than war, was also boring at times. Pit passed the time by getting to know all the angels that had appeared in flocks post-war. Dark spent his time doing who-knows-what. In fact, most times, he joined me for trips like this. Or whenever Viridi let him. But now, I was alone.
"Hey Shadres, we're almost there."
Well, alone except for Palutena, goddess of light. She was my lady and my guide. Researching with her was how I'd spent my time. Fun, I know. But Palutena always jumped to the occasion to meet new deities and become more acquainted with the divine world around us. The humans as well as other life forms were evolving, and with their new ways of life came new beliefs. Palutena considered herself a guardian of the humans, so anything she could do to become close to them, she did. I joined her because I liked learning.
"Why haven't we given you a nickname yet?" I wondered idly. "Shadres" had been oh-so-brilliantly coined by Dark.
"Because if it's terrible, I could spite you with lightning!" Palutena responded lightly. I shuddered.
"Relax, Shadres. I'm joking!"
Uh huh. But if I'd truly relaxed, I probably wouldn't be alive right now. Because a blast of something came out of nowhere, and the next thing I knew my wings were on fire and I was falling.
"Shadmé!"
I opened my mouth wordlessly to Palutena's call as I plummeted. Clouds turned to wispy dust under my weight, and every time they did the chill seeped into my skin, making me feel like an icicle. An icicle that would shatter as soon as it hit the ground. What a way to go. "Angel killed by falling!" Great. What a terrible irony.
But suddenly, I landed on the back of something. I wasn't dead. For now...
---
#6 Posted: 12:13:21 14/08/2015
((I suppose I should add the rest of my characters...))

Tesla: A rather clumsy and forgetful Sonic Dragon. She rarely noticed anything out of the ordinary, and that makes her one of Skyward's only friends. She tries to help out, even though it doesn't always work out.

Alena: Airgon's sister and close friend. Has a mean streak, especially when it comes to flightless dragons. She just naturally fits into the "popular group" among the dragons. She has a crush on Speedy, but tries to hide it from everyone else.

Airgon: Alena's younger brother and close friend. Tries a bit too hard to fit in with Alena and her friends, and is normally the one who pulls the half-joking pranks. However, underneath his tough exterior is someone who just wants to make friends, have fun, and fit in.

Karios: The wise Legendary Dragon of Time. Doesn't like talking to most other dragons and just hangs out near his perch, waiting to be asked to speed up time. He doesn't like using his ability frivolously, and will react in less-than-pleasant ways if asked to.

Alexander: The three Sprout Dragons on Scorch's side. The largest one is Al, the medium one is Lex, and the smallest one is Xander. All of them aren't too intelligent, although Al seems to be the leader.

Shimmer: A Chrome Dragon on Scorch's side. She is easily excited and even friendly at times. She allied with Scorch because she wants to live in a place where you get to vote for leaders, not have "leaders thrust upon us just because they're more powerful". She is the main technician of Scorch's team.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:29:41 30/08/2015 by StormDragon21
#7 Posted: 21:37:35 14/08/2015 | Topic Creator
OoC: Nice! Now, do you wish to have the honor of saving Shadmé or shall I? smilie

Speedy zipped across the sky in a bright orange blaze. He prided himself on being the fastest dragon in the Vale, and practiced running, flying or whatever he liked to keep that title. Whether he was actually the fastest dragon was debatable, but it was what made Speedy...Speedy. The happy-go-lucky Blazing Dragon looped around the park, looking at the dragons below. They stood out as smears of color in the habitats they rested in. He smiled happily, pleased with the speed he reached. He could go anywhere! Torch anything in fire! Be a hero! Maybe.That is, if anything were to happen...
---
#8 Posted: 00:32:28 15/08/2015
((I shall have the honor!))

"Hey, Skyward! You can't catch me!" Tesla zipped around the habitat, and Skyward was finding it difficult to catch up, or even see more than a blur.

"Don't worry, I'll find a way!" Skyward teased. There had to be some way to catch Tesla. A net? Pure speed? A carefully plotted move to corner her? None of those seemed like the right options. She was considering this, but then something hard came out of the sky and landed on her back.

"Hold on, Tesla. This may be my first chance for adventure!" Tesla tilted her head, but Skyward was already diving. She landed on the ground and tilted her body slightly to roll whatever landed on her off. "Great Karios, what is that?" A human with wings? What park did it come from?
---
#9 Posted: 00:43:05 15/08/2015 | Topic Creator
OoC: omp yes

I gingerly opened my eyes, lids fluttering. Before I could put anything together, I found that I was on the ground, grass tickling my nose. I sneezed.
And that sneeze brought me back to my senses. I could hear voices talking around me. As quick as I could in my state, I struggled to my feet and turned over my shoulder to view my wings. So that was where I was hurting. The edges of most feathers were singed, and the frames had ugly-looking blisters under the fuzz. I crumpled to my feet, stretching my wings as comfortably as they would be, which was over my head, somewhat cowering.
Oh yeah, did I mention the dragon that was looking at me?! It wasn't as big as Hewdraw, and thank Palutena for that. But I remained in my odd-looking pose, hoping they'd think this was totally normal and leave me alone. I didn't want this! Maybe I could contact Palutena and get myself out of here…

Due to Speedy's height in the air, nothing escaped his eye. And he couldn't help but turn when a dark object he'd never seen before fell from the air, on top of some lower-flying dragons. For once in his life, Speedy was frozen. What was that? He flapped his wings, making his way over from above. Now curiosity was taking over his initial shock. He had to know. It was something new! Maybe a chunk of space rock the Galaxy Dragons had dropped. Maybe a new kind of dragon. Maybe a pod containing some evil creature that he could fight off, saving the Vale from danger. Smiling, he dipped down to observe.
---
#10 Posted: 00:59:41 15/08/2015
"You're awake?" Skyward asked. "What are you doing here?" She took one look at Shadmé's wings and grimaced in sympathetic pain. "Ooh, burnt wings. That's gotta hurt. And I know what it feels like." She spread her fire-scarred wings, the scorch marks and tears clearly visible.

"What is this thing, anyway?" Tesla wondered. "Doesn't look like anything I've seen before. Maybe some of the wizards, but seriously. Black-and-red fur and feathered wings? Looks like nothing I've seen before."
---
#11 Posted: 01:13:50 15/08/2015 | Topic Creator
I tentatively looked out from between the feathers of my wings. The blue-gray dragoness had said something about burnt wings, and I found it was true. She and I were one and the same. As similar as an angel and dragon could be, anyway…
I decided now was the time to come out of my shell. The dragons were clearly curious, and sitting here was doing nothing for them. Besides, I could take this opportunity to learn about them, as well. Shifting my wings as little as possible, I stood. "You've never seen my kind before?" I addressed the yellow, bat-looking dragoness. Facing them both, I sheepishly smiled and introduced myself. "I'm an angel. I live up there." I pointed to the clouds. "And my name's Shadmé. I've seen dragons, but none that quite look or behave like you two. Do you have names?" Sheesh, that was me. Overly formal when nervous.

Speedy dipped down behind Skyward and Tesla, cocking his head. Well, this thing introducing itself as Shadmé was certainly interesting. He didn't detect anything particularly villainous and decided that it was an alien instead.
---
#12 Posted: 01:39:28 15/08/2015
"Well, we've seen dragons with wings like that, and…what were they called again?" She shook her head. "I can't remember. Well anyway, they looked somewhat like you. Somewhat. Maybe you could be a different species."

"Tesla, I have a feeling it's rude to talk to someone like that…" Skyward sighed. "Would you like it if it happened to us? Anyway," she turned to Shadmé, "my name's Skyward, the Sonic Dragon is Tesla, and the dragon who just landed right behind me—yes, I heard you—is…" Skyward turned around, "Speedy. I'm pretty sure. Shadmé, right?" The name was somewhat hard to pronounce, and it took her a couple of tries to get it right.
---
#13 Posted: 01:46:53 15/08/2015 | Topic Creator
I smiled a little bit. These dragons seemed to be close friends and not, perhaps, tribe members or the like. I wasn't quite sure how dragons like these structured themselves, but it didn't seems so foreign after all. "Yup, Shadmé. If you think of it as rhyming with say, or lay, or something like that, it's easier to speak. Nice to meet you both, Skyward and Tesla. Oh, and Speedy too." The fiery new arrival seemed pleased to be acknowledged. So they had personalities, too… not unlike a certain flock of angels I knew.
---
#14 Posted: 02:03:24 15/08/2015
((When should we add Alena and Airgon?))

"So, why are you here?" Skyward asked. "Oh yeah, burnt wings. But anyway, why were you flying in the first place?" She flapped her wings nervously. There weren't really any enemies, with the Vale being quiet and peaceful. They were unlike those City barbarians who fight amongst themselves for fun.

Tesla was visibly nervous, though Skyward wouldn't say it aloud in front of a stranger. Her dagger tail was wrapped around her protectively, and her wings were covering her weaker scales. Hopefully she didn't have a good reason to be fearful.
---
#15 Posted: 02:16:05 15/08/2015 | Topic Creator
OoC: Whenever you feel they're necessary! smilie

"I was flying because…" I scratched my head and looked into the sky. "Hm, this is hard to explain…so you know how I live up in the clouds, right? A place called Skyworld?"
"You do?" Speedy piped up. "I didn't know aliens lived in the clouds!"
"Um…they don't?" I replied. "Anyhow. I serve a goddess by the name of Palutena. She and I were doing research on the other realms and I found this one. I was interested in investigating-" At this point, I noticed the worried looks on the dragon's faces- "Not because I want to hurt you or anything! I promise. Palutena wished to learn about other deities and, well…is that true? Are there gods here as well?" I shifted a foot awkwardly. Was it even a good idea to come here in the first place?
By now, I noticed I was getting a crowd. Some other dragons were watching a small distance away. If they decided I wasn't supposed to be here, would they try to attack?
---
#16 Posted: 02:26:41 15/08/2015
"Don't think you could call them that…" Skyward flicked her tail from side to side nervously. "Karios and Miroi, but they're really just overpowered normal dragons when you get to know them. Tell your…Palutena or whatever you call her that." Her horns went up, and then moved back. "Alena," she hissed. "Should have known she would be here. Commotion attracts trouble."
---
#17 Posted: 02:36:01 15/08/2015 | Topic Creator
"Oh, I see." I nodded my head in thought. Well, I guess that I'd gotten what I'd come for. Somewhat disappointing. Palutena and I would have to continue our search elsewhere. I lifted a hand to my laurel crown to contact my goddess, but Skyward's abrupt change in mood made me hesitate. "Alena?" I asked. My gaze flicked to the growing crowd. I hoped this Alena dragon wasn't trouble.
---
#18 Posted: 12:34:04 15/08/2015
"Direct descendant of Freecha," Skyward snarled. "If you know even what a hatchling knows about our history, then you know that she was raised to be 'better' than us."

Almost as soon as she said those words, a light blue dragon with feather wings and tail—but no legs—flew up to the group. "Just wanted to see what was going on," she purred. "You know, as the greatest dragon species I must have a front-row seat to all the action."
---
#19 Posted: 13:03:36 15/08/2015 | Topic Creator
OoC: What type of dragon is she? Air?

Shadmé blinked at Skyward's description before turning to who she assumed to be Alena. Already, the dragoness rubbed her the wrong way, though Shadmé did not show it on her face. "Um, hi," Shadmé started. Maybe she'll be nicer if I'm courteous, she thought. "I'm Shadmé the angel, and I just happened to crash-land here. I mean no harm. I was just thinking of going soon, so there's no need to worry. It's no big deal, honestly."
---
#20 Posted: 13:41:06 15/08/2015
"Of course you mean no harm," Alena sighed. "You're just like one of those humans. One with wings."

"Hey!" Tesla perked up. "That's the word I was looking for!"

"This isn't your time to speak, Razzak," Alena snarled.

"What did you just call me?" Tesla growled. The two dragons circled each other, both looking ready for a fight, until someone called, "Stop!"

"What?" Skyward turned around until she could see the dragon that had yelled. Wait, was it Miroi?

"We have a guest here," Miroi continued. "Do we want to make a bad impression? Do we want to be like the dragons that most say we are, thoughtless and greedy killers?"

Nobody answered, but many dragons were shaking their heads or lashing their tails.

"I'll like to meet with the guest," Miroi added. She glided over the other dragons and landed near Shadmé. Her azure wings folded as she came in for the landing. "We've had visitors before, but none that came by sky. May I ask why you're here?"
---
#21 Posted: 21:32:48 15/08/2015 | Topic Creator
I was confused. Was that sarcasm? Or were humans truly living here? I had no clue what was happening, but tentatively inched away as what seemed to be a dragon fight was beginning to happen. As a dragon larger than the others emerged from the sky, I noticed Speedy move between the strained dragons in an effort to get them to stop.
This new dragoness seemed to have a commanding air I hadn't detected before in the others. Was she one of the Legendary Dragons Skyward spoke of? I dipped my head slightly in respect. I wasn't here to make enemies, after all. Try telling Alena that. "I came here on behalf of my goddess. She means to familiarize us with other gods and deities. Um, it looks good on a resumé." I rubbed a hand through my hair nervously at the joke. "We meant to make a more... dignified entrance, but I was shot down." A twinge of pain from my wings reminded me of that fact. "My wings almost burned. I'll leave here as soon as possible, if I'm a burden, but I'd need to contact her first..."
---
#22 Posted: 00:18:57 16/08/2015
"I don't believe we have a way to communicate with your goddess here," Miroi sighed, "unless she can send dreams or messages. Or if she happens to visit, which would be quite a honor. I don't know if I would be dignified enough, though."

"Perch of Karios? Magic Portal? Rift Monument?" She fired off possible gateways faster than Miroi could reply to them.

"The Perch of Karios doesn't work right now, the Magic Portals are set to only a few places, and the Rift Monument would only be useful if the goddess happens to use Light or Dark Magic. Plus, it's not a very good transporter, and I'm not letting anyone getting sent to two different places on my watch." Miroi flapped her wings again. "I'm sorry. I didn't even get to introduce myself. My name's Miroi. I'll see if I could get you a place to stay."
---
#23 Posted: 01:27:19 16/08/2015 | Topic Creator
I smiled as Miroi talked on, possibly unaware of how much she was babbling. "Pleasure to make your acquaintance. And thank you for your kindness. I might be able to contact my goddess through telepathy." But something was slightly concerning. If it were that easy, why hadn't I heard from her yet?
Shaking it off, I continued. "We're in luck! She is the goddess of light. Does... does that count as light magic?"
---
#24 Posted: 01:59:57 16/08/2015
"Well, you know her better than I do, but most likely it will," Miroi replied. "Unless it's a honorary title, but that doesn't really make sense. Anyway, I'll take you to the monument. Follow me!" She turned to the left and took off, far enough that she was just a speck.

"I don't think she heard the fact that your wings are out of commission…" Skyward sighed. "Anyway, I think I know how to use the Magic Portal. I think…"
---
#25 Posted: 02:23:18 16/08/2015 | Topic Creator
"I shouldn't need my wings to go through a teleporter. Right?" I shrugged at Skyward. Seeing as I was going to be leaving soon, I gave her and Teslo a smile. "Thanks for taking care of me after I landed." I turned quickly and followed the departing Legendary Dragon, once again trying to ignore the sting of the burns. Once I got home I would rest in a hot spring, a divine way of healing for angels. I sighed in happiness just thinking about it. Until...
"Shadmé?"
"Lady Palutena?" I froze. It sounded somewhat odd, but I disregarded it. We'd lost connection for a little bit, so it was understandable the quality was still fuzzy.
"Yes, it's me. Lady Palutena. I need you to stay where you are."
My gaze slowly moved from the sky to Miroi. "Um... why?"
"I... it's hard to say. I don't think I can retrieve you from your current location."
I smiled again. "No worries! The dragons here know of a teleporter. The Rift Monument. We just need your light energy or something, I think, and I can be sent back. Easy peasy."
"Shadmé. That won't work."
"Wh-why not?" I signaled to Miroi to stop as I desperately spoke with my goddess.
"It's dragon magic. There's no guarantee you'll make it back."
"How does that make sense?" I grumbled. "We can try, right?"
"Trust me. You can't use that."
"Fine." I pouted as I crossed my arms. "Why not send Pit, then?"
"I- um, we're on it. Getting there, I mean. Pit will be there in a few days."
"A few days?!" But that was the end of our conversation. I huffed in annoyance. "Hey, Miroi? Change of plans. I think I have to stay here."
---
#26 Posted: 17:52:09 16/08/2015
((Great StarClan, I must have dyslexia or something. I just realized I was spelling "Palutena" as Patulena…))

"Why?" Miroi asked. "Oh, did your goddess contact you? She must be pretty powerful to do that. Don't see how I couldn't pick it up, so maybe she could hide it. Or I forgot how to use my power. Either way, she has to be pretty powerful. C'mon, I'll see if there's any place open. Well, of course there are rooms open. We haven't had a visitor ever since the CEO decided to pack up and move to the City. He has to be crazy. Well, we've run this by ourselves for quite a while."
---
#27 Posted: 20:45:18 16/08/2015 | Topic Creator
OoC: smilie

"Yeah, she's strong... she could probably hide the connection if she needed... that or she wasn't able to pick up your signal..." I shrugged as I answered Miroi's rapid-fire questions. "I don't know how telepathy works, to be honest." I looked off in the distance. "Thank you for giving me a place to stay."

Cobalt tromped up to Speedy, Skyward and Tesla, Moonstone right behind him. "Ey, what's the deal?" he asked. "You think there's gonna be an announcement or somethin'? There are too many dragons 'round here that are curious. Unless we're allowed to meet the new arrival ourselves."
---
#28 Posted: 20:58:52 16/08/2015
((Just for the record, Skyward currently has her Lightning Orb. Mostly because I just realized she was flying earlier…))

"Well, the only place we have available is the Thatched Roof Cottage, so I hope you don't mind the simple things," Miroi apologized. "Still, it's cozy, and it's not like the middle of winter. We can tell because of the Seasonal Dragons, who change appearance with the season. Plus, we get a sprinkling of snow. Nobody knows exactly how, but it happens."

"We were there when she arrived, so that's none of your buisness," Skyward retorted. "Think we can call it a day for now?" She flew off, following Miroi and Shadmé. The lightning projections from her wings glowed red, a sure sign of her anger.

"Well, that's unlike her…" Tesla sighed, looking at the fading form of Skyward. "Hey, anyone know some games we could play?"
---
#29 Posted: 04:51:23 17/08/2015 | Topic Creator
"That sounds great!" Angels were meant to be humble creatures. And I was interested in seeing a house made for humans. I hadn't resided in one since before I grew my wings. I listened to Miroi's next statement, about the Seasonal Dragons. "Dragons that change with the seasons, huh?" I smiled and followed her. "I'm going to have to see all this. It sounds amazing."

Cobalt narrowed his eyes, turned his back to Skyward and flashed her a rather cold haze over his right shoulder. Moonstone sighed, knowing his friend's temper was already getting strained. "Relax, Cobalt. We'll hear about it soon enough."
"Yeah. Sorry, gang." Speedy flashed an apologetic look and flew after Skyward.
"Where'd ya think you're going?" Cobalt shouted after the Blazing Dragon.
"Come on. Just stay here," Moonstone coaxed his friend. "Warm up that chilly heart, why don't you? Let's play with Tesla." Cobalt reluctantly turned back to the remaining dragons, his mind clearly working. "Fine. We need to think of somethin' ta do."
---
#30 Posted: 18:39:23 18/08/2015
((Well, darn it. I waited two days because I thought you hadn't responded yet. Sorry about the confusion.))

"Yeah, but I'm out of ideas," Tesla sighed. "Nobody can beat a Sonic Dragon when it comes to speed, and I don't know how to play anything else. Maybe staring contests, but nobody can beat a Sonic Dragon in those as well."

"Of course it's all amazing!" Miroi agreed. "Let me know if there's anything you need. This place has a lot of stuff left over. Hey, just to let you know, we're out of most foods except for Treats. I've heard that Pumpermelons don't taste too bad to humans, and there's no chance of killing you with them, so that's really what you'll have to have. No familiar foods, unfortunately."
---
#31 Posted: 19:39:22 18/08/2015 | Topic Creator
OoC: I wasn't quite sure what you were up to! That explains it. smilie

"Oh yeah? You wanna bet on that?" Cobalt grinned. "I bet I can stare you down. I bet I can stare you ALL down!" It seemed he'd mostly gotten over his anger already.
"Let's do a staring contest, then, if you two are feeling so confident," Moonstone chuckled. He settled down across from Tesla and Cobalt. "Ready when you are."

"Pumpermelons?" Well of course. This was a Dragon Vale, so naturally there would be only food for dragons. "If you insist. I'm open to whatever. Especially if it doesn't kill me." I stretched a little, only to see Skyward flying above me, Speedy behind her. Odd. They must still be curious.
---
#32 Posted: 19:52:21 18/08/2015
"Colbalt," Skyward growled. She landed on the ground next to Shadmé. As she folded her wings, the lightning vanished with a hiss. "That metalhead just had to barge in and ruin everything."

"He's not that bad," Miroi argued, "just suspicious of strangers. Honestly, you growl about your lack of 'normal' friends, and then you waltz right in and antagonize someone who most likely wouldn't tease you. Just calm down. Take a chill pill. Do something like that."

"Oh yeah!" Tesla leaped up and flew a circle in the air before touching down again. "Prepare to get stared down!"
---
#33 Posted: 23:56:54 18/08/2015 | Topic Creator
I stopped a moment as Skyward dipped down and began venting to Miroi. I was surprised by how close the two seemed. I had expected Miroi to be, as her status implied, legendary. But Skyward was confident enough to swoop down and speak. Even Speedy was keeping his distance. But I listened anyway, whether it was in my purview or not. A dragon named Cobalt was being nosy, apparently. And did Skyward gave friend problems? Perhaps I could help. I'd have to visit her later. I had time to talk to these dragons until Pit came or the Power of Flight recharged.

"You first, Tesla!" Moonstone smiled, wiggling his tail and arranging himself in front of the others.
---
#34 Posted: 11:30:13 19/08/2015
"Well, anyway, might be a bit rude to continue talking in front of…what's your name, anyway?" Miroi suddenly stopped talking to Skyward and started talking to Shadmé. "I can be so impolite sometimes. Can't believe I never thought of asking you your name…"

"Who shall I have the honor of going up against?" Tesla teased. "Well, whoever it is, I hope you aren't a sore loser!" She laughed, sounding like a mix of purring and growling.
---
#35 Posted: 13:34:25 19/08/2015 | Topic Creator
"Oh, sorry! You're right, I never introduced myself to you. My name is Shadmé." I flapped my wings jovially and faced the two again. However, that wasn't the best idea as I cringed at the burns I'd nearly forgotten existed after all the ruckus. "Hey, is there anything you have to treat burns?" I said through gritted teeth, trying not to yell in pain.

"I challenge you, Tesla!" Moonstone began. "Winner faces Cobalt." Cobalt gave a toothy grin as his friend faced off against the Sonic Dragon. His gaze slowly drifted from them, though, and his mind wandered back to the visitor with wings. He was immensely curious. He tried to recall all that he could. The visitor had dark wings and garb he'd never seen. She seemed to be guided by Miroi. Skyward was also quite protective, for some reason. Cobalt tried to think of more details.
---
#36 Posted: 14:03:36 19/08/2015
"Uhh…time?" Skyward suggested. "You can use Blushroom paste, but it has the weird side effect of turning your wings blue."

Tesla gritted her teeth and stared into Moonstone's eyes. She focused on keeping her eyes wide open, never blinking or losing track. There seemed to be nothing except the contest, and Tesla hoped that the Ruin Dragon would be intimidated.
---
#37 Posted: 16:54:44 19/08/2015 | Topic Creator
I groaned. "Forever?" My head spun as the pain from the burns intensified. Maybe my feathers were dark enough to absorb the color and not let it show... If not, I could see Dark laughing at me if they stayed blue.

Moonstone wore a calm and collected smile as he stared into the eyes of his opponent. He was a master in the art of Poker Face, and refused to let any emotion but neutrality show. Cobalt, behind him, still appeared wistful, but as he turned to look at the two staring at each other so intently he couldn't help but snort in amusement.
---
#38 Posted: 17:32:42 19/08/2015
"Do Skyward's wings look blue to you?" Miroi retorted. "Oh, sorry about that. Yeah, the color doesn't stay for long. It normally wears off unless you seal the dye with some sort of clear coating. I don't remember how long it stays, but you most likely wouldn't have to deal with your goddess teasing you. If your goddess teases you, of course. Anyway, it only turns the part of your wing that touches it blue. It doesn't spread."

Staring into Moonstone's eyes, Tesla was almost certain she was going to win. However, when Cobalt laughed, Tesla was compelled to laugh as well. She indadvertedly closed her eyes. "Well, darn it," she hissed. "That was foul play."
---
#39 Posted: 01:27:43 20/08/2015 | Topic Creator
"I guess not," I pondered, sighing in relief. Anything that could help me heal would be favorable. I recalled Dark telling me about Pit's burnt wings. The angel of light had managed to save Dark from a monster called the Chaos Kin, but at the cost of his wings. They had to voyage to a place called the Rewind Spring to heal them. I didn't think I could travel that far in my condition, so I was quite accepting of a local poultice.
I looked up as the Legendary Dragon elaborated. "That's good to hear. I'd definitely like to try some of that."

As soon as Moonstone watched Tesla blink, he joined in the laughter, sure about his victory.
"Ay, cool down!" Cobalt chuckled. "You didn't have ta laugh. Wasn't my fault! You should've seen your faces!"
---
#40 Posted: 01:36:10 20/08/2015
"Okay, I'm going to get some." Miroi flapped her wings and took off, landing on another island.

"Umm…okay…" Skyward nervously pawed the ground. "So…any idea of what to do now?"

"I saw Moonstone's face, and that was funny enough!" Tesla giggled. "You should have seen your face! It was so funny!"
---
#41 Posted: 04:00:52 20/08/2015 | Topic Creator
I found a nearby stone and sat on it, waiting for Miroi to come back. I wasn't sure if I should begin heading for the aforementioned Thatched Roof Cottage or not. Skyward seemed just as awkward as I was, I noted. So I decided to break the ice.
"Tell me about yourself, Skyward," I began. "I'm curious."

"I wish I could have, but y'know, it's impossible for me to look at my own face!" Moonstone commented.
"Watching ye both was amusing enough," Cobalt replied. "Now come on, Moonstone. Unless you're too busy laughing to challenge me next!"
"I know, I know!" Moonstone still had a grin on his face as he settled across from his Steel Dragon friend. The two began the stare down, and Moonstone purposely made faces to try and throw Cobalt off.
---
#42 Posted: 11:46:28 20/08/2015
"Okay…so…I'm a Storm Dragon with the elements of Lightning and Ice, I'm trying to learn how to survive with other dragons, and I really shouldn't have gotten angry at Cobalt." Skyward pawed the ground again. "How about you?" This…angel seemed much friendlier than most dragons. Then again, she could just be grateful and not kind at all.
---
#43 Posted: 14:14:52 20/08/2015 | Topic Creator
"Okay, well..." I tapped my chin as I tried to think of a couple things about myself. "I'm an angel who serves the gods and protects the realm, I had amnesia when I first arrived, and I'm flightless." I blinked at Skyward. "You said 'trying to survive with other dragons' as if you haven't before. Do you just naturally not get along with others or have you not lived here your whole life?"

Cobalt frowned, desperately trying not to show any reaction. But Moonstone persisted, and the Steel Dragon finally blinked and smiled unconsciously. "MOONSTOOONE!"
Moonstone laughed triumphantly and leapt into the air, just as Cobalt's tail came down where he was. Cobalt shook his head. "One day I'll get you back for that!"
---
#44 Posted: 14:28:37 20/08/2015
"Apparently, because I'm 'so special', I had to stay overprotected for my hatchling years. Which, if you ask me, is a little bit good. Have you ever seen a hatchling Storm Dragon?"

"The undefeatable is defeated!" Tesla purred. "Nice job, Moonstone!"
---
#45 Posted: 18:36:38 20/08/2015 | Topic Creator
"No, I can't say I have," I said with a chuckle. "Y'know, since I just got here and all." Skyward's explanation to my question made me wonder what could be the case for her sheltering. I recalled her showing me her burn scars, but then again, she seemed to be able to fly with no problem. Protective parents? Did dragons here even have parents who watched them like humans did?

"Thank you, Tesla!" Moonstone replied. He came down from the air and settled down on the ground where the others were.
"And what does the Grand Champion wish for us to do next?" Cobalt asked jokingly.
"I demand Dragon Treats!" Moonstone joked back, earning a roll of the eyes from his friend.

Speedy watched Skyward and Shadmé from a large stone a fair distance off. He noticed that the two seemed to be talking to each other. He was pleased that the new arrival seemed relatively harmless, despite that sharp object on her hip. Deciding to give them some privacy, he opened his fiery wings and took off, hoping to spread the word to dragons who had not been there to witness the incident.
---
#46 Posted: 22:23:28 21/08/2015
"Well, let's just say the Lightning family hasn't really been the best looking. Ash Dragons, Lightning Dragons, Cactus Dragons…even Storm Dragons when they're really young. They don't look like they've been attacked by a lightning storm, but they just look a bit… off."

"Well, Dragon Treats sound like a good way to relax and chill out," Tesla purred. "Who's up for some Dragon Snaps? I'll bet a gem that you can't eat a Sarjin Pepper without going crazy!"
---
#47 Posted: 03:44:17 22/08/2015 | Topic Creator
"Is that so?" I mused, taking a closer look at Skyward. In my opinion, she looked just fine to me. The gray scales were certainly unusual, as well as the jagged tail and horns, but I was willing to bet those were just qualities of the Lightning Dragon family, as she'd put it. The jagged features could be a Lightning Dragon thing, as they resembled lightning bolts. And the scale color could possibly be camouflage. Assuming the Storm Dragons flew in dark clouds during thunderstorms.
"It's quite neat how diverse the dragon types are here," I reflected happily. "Kind of like the angels from my home. You have ones with small white wings, ones with large fluffy wings, ones with sleek red wings..." Thinking about angels stirred some sort of homesickness within me. I would be stuck here in the Vale for quite a while, until Palutena and Pit got their act together. Though the dragons were hospitable, it was still new to me.

"And that's the very reason we're not accepting that bet," Moonstone laughed, cutting Cobalt off, who he knew would certainly be up for another chance to prove himself. "Dragon Snaps, Zazzberries? Sound good, Cobalt?"
"Oh, fine," he relented. He flapped his wings and took to the air. "Let's go already!"
---
#48 Posted: 04:07:20 22/08/2015
((I'm pretty sure Storm Dragons have fur…))

"Sounds nice," Skyward replied. Shadmé seemed to be sad about her home, for some reason, but she didn't have any idea how to comfort her. "So…uh…forget this, I can't think of any starting topics for conversation."

"Sounds nice!" Tesla purred, not for once realizing that they failed to accept her bet. "Eating contest?"

((Well, sorry if this post isn't up to par. That's what I get for posting at midnight. Don't tell anyone.))
---
#49 Posted: 13:39:57 22/08/2015 | Topic Creator
OoC: Whoops! smilie I'm just used to thinking of dragons with scales, since they're reptiles...
My last post was a few minutes before midnight. I should not be staying up late so close to school, but oh well. smilie

"Well aren't you blunt," I smiled, trying to get over my thoughts. Wistful thinking was getting me nowhere, especially with company. Company that could fly...
No Shadmé. You're not asking Skyward if she'd be okay with you riding her. That's probably offensive.
I stretched. "Sorry for my boring-ness, Skyward. It's kinda hard for me to think straight, with all that has happened so far. Question... is there such thing as evil here? Do you dragons ever have to defend yourselves against threats or are you peaceful?"

"I'm up for THAT!" Cobalt exclaimed. Moonstone joined him, using his wings to loft himself to Cobalt's height. "Alright, I suppose you should get a chance to redeem yourself. But don't strain it."
---
#50 Posted: 14:14:19 22/08/2015
"Well, like I said before, there's the City, but it's more like our wizards having formal debates complete with diagrams." Skyward explained. She pawed the ground, not wishing to talk about her encounters with Scorch. "We try to stay peaceful, and for that matter, most wizards are like that…" Darn it, she was getting to tough territory. That wizard that she…killed…was peaceful, and what did he get in return? A voltage of who-knows-how-much through his body.

"Think you could win against a Glacier Dragon?" Tesla teased. "You know, that one so big because he eats too many Treats?"
---
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me