Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > How to get one of those talking TT POP machines?
Page 1 of 1
How to get one of those talking TT POP machines? [CLOSED]
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
#1 Posted: 13:27:27 13/08/2015 | Topic Creator
Now that SuperChargers is here and due to have new POP machines out to shell the product, how does one get the old machine? I was always told that the vendor takes them back whenever I ask about getting the old machine from any of the local stores. I've seen several older machines on ebay so I know people somehow manage to get them. Also I know some fans here has at least one in their collection too. Just wondering how you managed it, assuming it wasn't bought off of ebay.
---
Stay Cool!
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#2 Posted: 13:30:32 13/08/2015
I've heard some people get them in stores that were just about to get rid of it,sometimes free of charge. If you know the people there you could ask around,probably.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#3 Posted: 13:38:19 13/08/2015
They're actually recalled and apparenly destroyed after each game's release.

It's very difficult to actually score one. I haven't been able to over the past few years. I had to pay $200 for a non working Giants display from someone nearby. It surprisingly still had S:SA figures and parts, plus the actual SD video cards with the "Meet the Skylanders" trailers.

I might attempt to try again this year, because "PRESS THE TRAP BUTTON!" might've annoyed employees enough to just toss it to someone instead of packing it up and shipping it out.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:40:49 13/08/2015 by Matteomax
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#4 Posted: 13:38:46 13/08/2015
Whats a POP machine ?
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#5 Posted: 13:41:29 13/08/2015
This thing, used to display and test figures on the store.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#6 Posted: 18:25:38 13/08/2015
ooh pretty .
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#7 Posted: 03:43:09 14/08/2015
I just want the mp3 file of PRESS THE TRAP BUTTON.
Yeah I'd have to assume they're either tossed out or something. It killed me when I found out TRU throws out the Pokemon figure displays. Skylanders there's a lot of tech in those things so if they dont throw them out, they're probably sent back.

I'd say if you wanted a shot at one, you'd have to ask nicely to someone working at a store (Manager or higher) or go specifically when they're taking the machine off. I don't know for sure, but someone from Activision could come out and install/uninstall the portal and stuff and that could be your chance or ruin your chances of getting one.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
Dark Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2623
#8 Posted: 12:32:44 14/08/2015
I remember those things.

Fun fact, put a Skylander from ssa or sg sf whatever on the newer game one. It will show gameplay from the game it was released in.and revert back to tt or whatever
---
Psn-Zydren8cookie, FC 3024-5345-8692
Phoenix_Lord Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#9 Posted: 22:03:07 14/08/2015
Quote: spyroflame0487
I just want the mp3 file of PRESS THE TRAP BUTTON.
Yeah I'd have to assume they're either tossed out or something. It killed me when I found out TRU throws out the Pokemon figure displays. Skylanders there's a lot of tech in those things so if they dont throw them out, they're probably sent back.

I'd say if you wanted a shot at one, you'd have to ask nicely to someone working at a store (Manager or higher) or go specifically when they're taking the machine off. I don't know for sure, but someone from Activision could come out and install/uninstall the portal and stuff and that could be your chance or ruin your chances of getting one.

Ahh...if you want that audio...just record it on your smart phone....and if you don't have one(phone that is)...use one of those mini-recorders.
---
Theres no SuperChargers Cards. So I'm making my own... smilie
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#10 Posted: 22:53:02 14/08/2015
Grab and run

They're heavy though. :D
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
#11 Posted: 08:30:13 15/08/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: Phoenix_Lord
Ahh...if you want that audio...just record it on your smart phone....and if you don't have one(phone that is)...use one of those mini-recorders.

I went out tonight and done just that. Made the "Press It" and "Kneel Before Kaos" waves. They sound crappy which is as expected from a cell phone and a busy Walmart. If someone wishes to make better ones, please do so.

http://s000.tinyupload.com/?fi...925045359561733
---
Stay Cool!
Czar Mania Ripto Gems: 353
#12 Posted: 03:40:23 29/08/2015
It will be hard to get I always call up the stores to get the same answer "no you can't buy it, it has to be shipped back to activision to be destroyed". I seen some on eBay before but had a problem like the sound card didn't work or not available and other issues, I would guess people who are selling or showing off the machine are managers that know how to say the right things or bribe the activision rep to keep the machine. Another reason I am told the pop up machines are leased to stores and shipped back. Good luck in finding one, I on the other hand will always be hunting one I think it would look awesome surrounded by packaged skylanders.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me