Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > when someone intentionally misgenders a trans person
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
when someone intentionally misgenders a trans person [CLOSED]
Metallo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6419
#1 Posted: 13:58:08 12/08/2015 | Topic Creator
no no

bad

time out
RaymanTwilight Blue Sparx Gems: 947
#2 Posted: 16:47:36 12/08/2015
I would put my awful horrible unpopular opinion on transgenders here but people would attack me and chase me with torches so I won't bother.
BlackWing116 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1480
#3 Posted: 17:02:30 12/08/2015
Quote: Sesshomaru75
Quote: RaymanTwilight
I would put my awful horrible unpopular opinion on transgenders here but people would attack me and chase me with torches so I won't bother.

Now I'm curious, do tell.

- - -
#4 Posted: 17:19:44 12/08/2015
Okay fine, but since I'm too lazy to type it out, I'll put a post my friend made about his opinion on transgenders, since his opinion and mine are pretty much completely identical.

[User Posted Image]

Now, I wait for everyone to despise me after this.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:22:16 12/08/2015 by RaymanTwilight
Kitty Platinum Sparx Gems: 5106
#5 Posted: 17:34:49 12/08/2015
Quote: BlackWing116
Actually, I kinda agree. I'm fine with it all, but females saying they're male... just seems weird to me. Males wanting to be female is okay, but vice-versa...?

Wow. Double standard, much?
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 8554
#6 Posted: 18:03:24 12/08/2015
ITT some uninformed people.
---
You gotta believe! Heh heh.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:04:41 12/08/2015 by JCW555
ThroneOfMalefor Platinum Sparx Gems: 5391
#7 Posted: 18:08:58 12/08/2015
It seems a lot of people are against what they don't understand.
EDIT: Because they don't know where to start or they're too lazy to learn.
---
BREATHE AIR.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:09:33 12/08/2015 by ThroneOfMalefor
Darkrai Doll Platinum Sparx Gems: 5026
#8 Posted: 18:19:17 12/08/2015
Quote: Spyrobaro
>Implying only teenagers are trans people

Yeah! Totally! Just! Teenagers!

Sarcasm aside, there is biological reasons as to why someone would be trans.

Males and females have a different kind of brain map. Basically, your brain is laid out differently based on what gender you are. But sometimes things can get ****ed up, for example if your mother has a strange intake of hormones during her pregnancy. This can result in you being assigned one gender at birth, but in reality your brain is actually the opposite gender. This is what GENDER DYSPHORIA is, and it can result in depression, anxiety, and bring people at an increased risk of suicide. The only way to treat it is for transgender individuals to TRANSITION to the opposite gender.

It's not like trans people out of the blue say, "HEY I WANNA BE THE OTHER GENDER!" No, they literally have a condition that needs to be treated for the better of their own life. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, do research before stating your opinion on these sort of things.

What about people who use words like this (I can't believe this wiki exists)
#9 Posted: 19:36:55 12/08/2015
Quote: Pixilism
Okay fine, but since I'm too lazy to type it out, I'll put a post my friend made about his opinion on transgenders, since his opinion and mine are pretty much completely identical.

[User Posted Image]

-respect

please leave the forum

Someone who can't respect opinions, I see~
StriderSwag Gold Sparx Gems: 2769
#10 Posted: 19:41:59 12/08/2015
Quote: Pixilism

[User Posted Image]

-respect

please leave the forum

Someone who can't respect opinions, I see~

or you know, you could just be a decent human being by accepting of people no matter their gender, sexuality, race, or religion???
#11 Posted: 19:46:51 12/08/2015
I guess I should've just kept my mouth shut, but people insisted that I post my opinion. Don't turn this into an argument please.
#12 Posted: 19:49:11 12/08/2015 | Topic Creator
I'm going to state my opinion:

I believe that some (not all) teenagers who claim to be transgender may be simply having an identity crisis and want to claim something that, in the action of claiming the status (coming out as transgender), would make them feel as if they've conquered an obstacle, with the true obstacle being the formation of their own identity and acceptance into the common world.

That being said, legitimate transgenders definitely exist (commonly the adults), and anyone who claims to be trans should be referred to using their preferred gender, regardless if they truly are or not. We must be supportive no matter the case.

I guess I should've just kept my mouth shut, but people insisted that I post my opinion. Don't turn this into an argument please.

How about, instead of posting something that would obviously make people curious, you don't do that and actually do some ****ing research before you have an uneducated opinion on something? ^^

Also, you're dodging the subject yet again. lol

She said don't turn it into an argument, so don't turn it into an argument. She clearly meant nothing hostile towards transgenders, she was just uneducated on the subject and now she knows. In fact, he didn't WANT to state her opinion (because she knew someone would react in the exact manner that you have), but by stating you were curious, you implied that you would be accepting of it, and therefore she posted it, only for you to berate her.

darkSpyro is becoming worse than tumblr, I swear.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 19:56:50 12/08/2015 by Metallo
#13 Posted: 19:52:44 12/08/2015
Thank you, Metallo.
spyrolvr96 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1214
#14 Posted: 19:54:10 12/08/2015
Not that I'm agreeing with RaymanTwilight (because I haven't thought about it long enough to have an opinion), but you people insulting her are being the assholes here, not her. You're attacking her for having a different opinion. So you think she's wrong- but what do you care what she believes, since as far as you know she's never used her opinion to harm anyone?
---
The thing I never really wrapped my brain around until now was in order to be remembered, in order to leave something significant behind, you have to leave
#15 Posted: 19:55:43 12/08/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: spyrolvr96
Not that I'm agreeing with RaymanTwilight (because I haven't thought about it long enough to have an opinion), but you people insulting her are being the assholes here, not her. You're attacking her for having a different opinion. So you think she's wrong- but what do you care what she believes, since as far as you know she's never used her opinion to harm anyone?

Exactly. I'm starting to think that some users here intentionally try to go on these "crusades" to stroke their own egos.
#16 Posted: 20:02:18 12/08/2015
I'm not attacking her, I'd simply like my post to be acknowledged since she's the one I made it for. She gave no indication that she even READ the post. I just want to clear things up for her since she clearly is misinformed on the subject, being ignored gives me the impression that she doesn't want to even bother.

Tumblr would have threatened her with doxxing and sent suicide threats instead of actually trying to teach her. Stop saying "UGH DS IS LIKE TUMBLR" to every single debate about social issues pls

I did read it.
Kitty Platinum Sparx Gems: 5106
#17 Posted: 20:07:54 12/08/2015
Quote: wreckingballbob
So basically a female might have boxes? They all need those.

What?
weebbby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4220
#18 Posted: 20:08:10 12/08/2015
3. Stating that I was curious does not, in any way, imply that I would be accepting of her opinion, simply that I was curious and nothing more.

She clearly said that people would bash the opinion, and then you told her to post it, which DOES therefore imply that.
-Or you know, at least implies that you won't bash it.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:08:35 12/08/2015 by weebbby
#19 Posted: 20:13:07 12/08/2015
I'm not attacking her

I'm gonna take a guess and say that you phrased it this way because of my post, so I just want to make clear that you weren't a poster it was directed towards.
---
The thing I never really wrapped my brain around until now was in order to be remembered, in order to leave something significant behind, you have to leave
weebbby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4220
#20 Posted: 20:15:27 12/08/2015
Quote: wreckingballbob
People these days... Not that I knew any other days.

This so much.
Big Green Platinum Sparx Gems: 6345
#21 Posted: 20:16:21 12/08/2015

[User Posted Image]

this is all over the place, "whatever gender you identify as, i respect that" and then it goes "i don't think transgenders are morally right"

but it never really says why you think they are morally wrong other than "they are too young" and then it says that boys don't do this which is very misinformed. you are also just 14 so i think it would do you good to think over this more.
#22 Posted: 20:17:54 12/08/2015
Quote: Big Green
this is all over the place, "whatever gender you identify as, i respect that" and then it goes "i don't think transgenders are morally right"

You can respect someone without agreeing with them or what they're doing tho.
---
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8480
#23 Posted: 20:44:51 12/08/2015
I honestly don't care about trans. Like at all.
Spyrobaby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4254
#24 Posted: 20:58:13 12/08/2015
Quote: somePerson

Do you mean like as in you don't care about the people and what happens to them or don't care as in you don't think it's a big deal or what?
---
The darkness only stays at nighttime, in the morning it'll fade away. Daylight's good at arriving at the right time, it's not always going to be this grey~
CommanderGame Emerald Sparx Gems: 3610
#25 Posted: 21:19:33 12/08/2015
ur a kid now ur a squid now <-- accurate description of how transitioning works
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8480
#26 Posted: 21:25:35 12/08/2015
Quote: somePerson

As in don't care if people are trans or?

Pretty much. Unless it's someone that I know deeply but if it's some guy on the streets then whatever I guess.
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me