Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > A few thoughts and inquiries on evil in the modern world
Page 1 of 1
A few thoughts and inquiries on evil in the modern world [CLOSED]
Metallo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6419
#1 Posted: 01:06:55 12/08/2015 | Topic Creator
Injustice, on a global scale, can only be defeated when we, as human beings, perform three actions:

1. Admit and embrace the notion that evil is a purely individual vice, not the common practice of any culture, ethnicity, race, religion, society or creed.

2. Fight, destroy, and guard against only the perpetrators of this evil, and NOT (I repeat - NOT) make sweeping generalizations of the aforementioned demographics.

3. Accept that no nation, people, or culture is inherently superior to any other, nor can one's beliefs and practices hold any other validity over another's simply on principle. We must judge by individual actions and embrace our fellow man with peace, safety, and respect in mind.

When life itself is so precious and fleeting, we must not waste time on earth severing the connections that hold civilization together. We must stand to fight the true injustice, the ones who desperately seek to divide us, for when we divide ourselves, we are giving them exactly what they want. "They" - the "powers" that be - draw their vitality from the barbed vine of separatism and chaos among the common populace. I do not feel the need to categorize these "powers" into distinctions (politicians, the media, fringe groups, et cetera) because they're everywhere. As previously stated, evil does not have a face or a name; it is individual and must be singled out in order to be destroyed. How do they possess power, then? Simple: they are manipulating us. As previously stated, when we divide ourselves, we are giving in to their desires.

Instead, we must hold the aforementioned tenets in high regard, and we must challenge the establishment by:

1. Becoming successful, both professionally and personally, that we may cause some change on our own.
2. Raising our children to live, love, and think freely, and to promote their right to do so, that this evil may indeed be completely eradicated in the future.

When the sun rises upon the day these are put into effect, the sun rises on the day that the true meaning of freedom will displayed: the ability of every man, woman, and child to live, love, and believe however they wish without fear of condemnation. Therefore, let us stand together as brethren, not divided as belligerents, that we may slowly build the freedom, benevolence, and peace for which we seek so ardently.
shroom boom Emerald Sparx Gems: 3133
#2 Posted: 02:13:37 12/08/2015
I think we need to stop destroying the earth and then we must have world peace by uniting all the worlds governments as one.
---
103 skylanders in total SSA:31/32 SG:26/30 SSF:39/56
Project_Unnamed Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10195
#3 Posted: 02:19:39 12/08/2015
Good and evil is non-existent, nationalism is only an illusion in long term of things to come and life is just life, it is not precious and it is not unimportant, it just is. Success is small-minded concept.

Everything is relative and subjective and factual opinions and world views are meaningless. We like to believe that there are special things but in reality there is not. Just live and let others live; values be damned.
---
I might give you more opinions... for a small fee of course.
#4 Posted: 02:47:07 12/08/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: shroom boom
I think we need to stop destroying the earth and then we must have world peace by uniting all the worlds governments as one.

I wouldn't go that far. That makes it too easy for one group or individual to control everything.

Quote: Project_Unnamed
Good and evil is non-existent, nationalism is only an illusion in long term of things to come and life is just life, it is not precious and it is not unimportant, it just is. Success is small-minded concept.

Everything is relative and subjective and factual opinions and world views are meaningless. We like to believe that there are special things but in reality there is not. Just live and let others live; values be damned.

But isn't the entire point of civilization to overcome the brutish aspects of human nature and allow ourselves and our fellow man to thrive?
Project_Unnamed Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10195
#5 Posted: 02:51:04 12/08/2015
Quote: Metallo
Quote: shroom boom

I wouldn't go that far. That makes it too easy for one group or individual to control everything.

But isn't the entire point of civilization to overcome the brutish aspects of human nature and allow ourselves and our fellow man to thrive?

To thrive is just a subjective term. We only exist in this world and our goals are not definitive and based on 100% certain things. We just exist in this world.
---
I might give you more opinions... for a small fee of course.
cowpowa23 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4833
#6 Posted: 03:19:20 12/08/2015
I agree with OP's post.

Wouldn't it just be lovely if only someone were to do something against "The elite"?

It'd be great, I think.

People need to look at themselves and really think about what their doing, and assuming they can make certain changes/decisions in their life, that is one step closer to going against these monsters.

So basically: Change in the world happens one individual at a time. (Families included.)
---
I am a Cow.

"Moo".
Big Green Platinum Sparx Gems: 6345
#7 Posted: 03:37:14 12/08/2015
frieza needs to be stopped
#8 Posted: 06:09:28 12/08/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: cowpowa23
I agree with OP's post.

Wouldn't it just be lovely if only someone were to do something against "The elite"?

It'd be great, I think.

People need to look at themselves and really think about what their doing, and assuming they can make certain changes/decisions in their life, that is one step closer to going against these monsters.

So basically: Change in the world happens one individual at a time. (Families included.)

I agree, but keep in mind, it's not just "the elite" we're up against.
cowpowa23 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4833
#9 Posted: 00:13:28 13/08/2015
Quote: cowpowa23
I agree with OP's post.

It'd be great, I think.

I agree, but keep in mind, it's not just "the elite" we're up against.

Oh I know, I'm aware of how many people are ready to fight to the death (Figuratively, or literally who knows e_e ) in order to protect this awful way of life and our government.

Sad.
---
I am a Cow.

"Moo".
valskeletor Yellow Sparx Gems: 1155
#10 Posted: 00:33:29 13/08/2015

the latter, but not the former.

civilization became so for the sake of efficiency in all things humans do, not some moral "be better than the wolves" bull****

it's pretty damn arrogant of us to assume that we're any different than any other species in terms of goals
---
tubular
#11 Posted: 00:41:43 13/08/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: valskeletor

civilization became so for the sake of efficiency in all things humans do, not some moral "be better than the wolves" bull****

it's pretty damn arrogant of us to assume that we're any different than any other species in terms of goals

I wasn't being comparative to other species at all. Hence the term "HUMAN nature."

Many animal communities and populations can be observed doing the same thing, just on a smaller and less intricate scale.
#12 Posted: 00:42:51 13/08/2015

I wasn't being comparative to other species at all. Hence the term "HUMAN nature."

Many animal communities and populations can be observed doing the same thing, just on a smaller and less intricate scale.

what else did you mean by "brutish aspects of human nature" exactly, then?
---
tubular
#13 Posted: 00:45:02 13/08/2015 | Topic Creator

Selfishness. Kill to survive. "Dog eat dog" mentality. The stuff Dawkins describes in The Selfish Gene.
#14 Posted: 00:53:36 13/08/2015

Selfishness. Kill to survive. "Dog eat dog" mentality. The stuff Dawkins describes in The Selfish Gene.

are you implying that we've changed from that at all in anyway except for means? we all have a subconscious urge to raise our own position and crush any competition, we just use more complex economic and social means of competition. paleolithic humans and modern humans both have competed with one another locally with social sanctions and class systems, and competed with nonlocals with violence and conquest. the only real difference is the scale.
---
tubular
#15 Posted: 00:54:54 13/08/2015 | Topic Creator

are you implying that we've changed from that at all in anyway except for means? we all have a subconscious urge to raise our own position and crush any competition, we just use more complex economic and social means of competition. paleolithic humans and modern humans both have competed with one another locally with social sanctions and class systems, and competed with nonlocals with violence and conquest. the only real difference is the scale.

The whole point of this topic is to declare that we HAVEN'T changed. And that we must.
#16 Posted: 00:59:38 13/08/2015

The whole point of this topic is to declare that we HAVEN'T changed. And that we must.

unfortunately, we can't and we won't. we're forged from evolutionary conflict and we're built for it. we can't will ourselves to be something else no more than a sword forged of iron can will itself to be made of copper, just like every other species on this planet.
---
tubular
#17 Posted: 01:01:40 13/08/2015 | Topic Creator

unfortunately, we can't and we won't. we're forged from evolutionary conflict and we're built for it. we can't will ourselves to be something else no more than a sword forged of iron can will itself to be made of copper, just like every other species on this planet.

A man can dream, can't he?
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me