Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > You could be from another universe and not even know it
Page 1 of 1
You could be from another universe and not even know it [CLOSED]
StriderSwag Gold Sparx Gems: 2769
#1 Posted: 19:22:16 11/08/2015 | Topic Creator
Discuss

*Note: Please keep this topic relatively hate free. If people believe in parallel worlds or other supernatural things, don't make fun of them for it. It's their beliefs you're making fun of.
Big Green Platinum Sparx Gems: 6345
#2 Posted: 23:43:00 11/08/2015
i'm from the 7th universe with goku
Skyhunter Diamond Sparx Gems: 8947
#3 Posted: 00:05:56 12/08/2015
All universes are alternate universes to alternate universes.
---
It doesn't matter if the bars are iron or gold, a cage is a cage.
#4 Posted: 00:22:00 12/08/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: Spyrobaro
i've always remembered it as berenstain smilie

Then Baro is from this universe.
I am not.
Dragons-go-hrr Platinum Sparx Gems: 6991
#5 Posted: 00:30:04 12/08/2015
It's the choice of Steins Gate!

Nah jk I'm pretty sure it's cause the word "stain" is generally spelt Stein, like Frankenstein and Einstein and stuff.
---
"Was it a hot ghost?"
TheFlyingSeal Diamond Sparx Gems: 8523
#6 Posted: 00:30:24 12/08/2015
When I first read this theory I was pretty shocked, but then I remembered:

Berenstain Bears are named after the authors who created a series of children's books about bears (as I believe it touches in the article). Yet, it's still pronounced as BerenSTEIN. Could it be that the voice directors just got their pronounciation off?

No, because their son is still creating the books to this DAY and obviously the creators probably had to give them how their last name was pronounced. Or else there would be huge and trivial controversy about it.

The reason why people remember it as BerenSTEIN instead of STAIN is because we typically associate the pronounciation of ST-EE-N to be written as "Stein" because it's so common. It's rare to find words that don't sound how they're written, but they exsist. It's called a Heterophone.

So it's not math or different universes: it's just English being an ass again.

HOWEVER I still do belive in the multiverse theory, and I love reading proof of it exsisting. It's just that this isn't proof of that, but I'm sure it's out there. Somewhere.
---
#CynderIsAFireDragon
#7 Posted: 00:32:46 12/08/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: Dragons-go-hrr
It's the choice of Steins Gate!

Nah jk I'm pretty sure it's cause the word "stain" is generally spelt Stein, like Frankenstein and Einstein and stuff.

Quote: TheFlyingSeal
When I first read this theory I was pretty shocked, but then I remembered:

Berenstain Bears are named after the authors who created a series of children's books about bears (as I believe it touches in the article). Yet, it's still pronounced as BerenSTEIN. Could it be that the voice directors just got their pronounciation off?

No, because their son is still creating the books to this DAY and obviously the creators probably had to give them how their last name was pronounced. Or else there would be huge and trivial controversy about it.

The reason why people remember it as BerenSTEIN instead of STAIN is because we typically associate the pronounciation of ST-EE-N to be written as "Stein" because it's so common. It's rare to find words that don't sound how they're written, but they exsist. It's called a Heterophone.

So it's not math or different universes: it's just English being an ass again.

HOWEVER I still do belive in the multiverse theory, and I love reading proof of it exsisting. It's just that this isn't proof of that, but I'm sure it's out there. Somewhere.

[User Posted Image]
- - -
Wreckingball13 Gold Sparx Gems: 2583
#8 Posted: 00:56:34 12/08/2015
I spell it with a -stein at the end.
LunarDistortion Ripto Gems: 3606
#9 Posted: 01:35:27 12/08/2015
Greetings Dimension A, it's Berenstien.
shroom boom Emerald Sparx Gems: 3133
#10 Posted: 02:20:11 12/08/2015
I believe that there are multiple universes, I mean there could be we just haven't advanced so far in science to disprove them. imagine if humanity escaped the end of the universe by jumping into a parallel universe?
---
103 skylanders in total SSA:31/32 SG:26/30 SSF:39/56
xXBeavcoonXx Gold Sparx Gems: 2628
#11 Posted: 02:23:13 12/08/2015
Yes, because what determines which dimension we are from is not determined by science

Or genetics

Or mutations in the human mind and body

No

It's how we pronounce a ****ing children's book
---
now its time to get funky
StormDragon21 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5550
#12 Posted: 02:26:42 12/08/2015
Well, that was the strangest conspiracy theory I've ever heard.
---
"sTORM, my parents just told me something that RUINED MY LIFE. DID YOU KNOW that Smarties have different flavors?!" ~ShadowMewX
#13 Posted: 03:04:09 12/08/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: LunarDistortion

Agreed.

Quote: shroom boom
I believe that there are multiple universes, I mean there could be we just haven't advanced so far in science to disprove them. imagine if humanity escaped the end of the universe by jumping into a parallel universe?

Personally, I believe in a variation of the infinite universe theory. In that, each decision you make creates a separate universe based on the other side of that decision. For example, say I'm driving home, and I stop by a restaurant to get a bite to eat. That would create a whole other probable universe where I drove straight home instead. But for universes like that, ones that are made off of tiny decisions like that, there are also bigger decisions that could have completely turned the tide of history. There could be a universe where the Nazis one World War II, one where 9/11 never happened, or one where JFK was never assassinated.

The variation I believe in extends that reach, where that every idea that anyone has ever had exists in a parallel universe. For example, if you have the idea of a world where you had superpowers, there is a universe where you have those superpowers.

That being said, with all those infinite universes, all those infinite worlds, its not impossible that there's a universe (or even multiple ones) where people could travel between them. But that begs the question: Why haven't they come to ours? The answer is actually really simple. These universes are INFINITE. I'm certain there's universes where humanity has been visited by their counterparts, but the only reason they haven't visited ours is because there's so many of them. We're surrounded by an infinite number of parallel (and probably more interesting) universes for travelers to pick from.

With that, The Berenstein Bears theory could be probable. If multiple people believe in both options presented, then its not entirely out of the question that two universes could meld into a fusion of both. There's so many universes to pick from, and so many outcomes, it'd actually be impossible for there NOT to be universal fusions. Its not just with the Berenstein Bears either, some people are certain that Nelson Mandela died in prison in 1980.

Conclusion: Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak universes stronger.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:17:53 12/08/2015 by StriderSwag
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#14 Posted: 03:12:00 12/08/2015
Quote: StriderSwag

Agreed.

Personally, I believe in a variation of the infinite universe theory. In that, each decision you make creates a separate universe based on the other side of that decision. For example, say I'm driving home, and I stop by a restaurant to get a bite to eat. That would create a whole other probable universe where I drove straight home instead. But for universes like that, ones that are made off of tiny decisions like that, there are also bigger decisions that could have completely turned the tide of history. There could be a universe where the Nazis one World War II, one where 9/11 never happened, or one where JFK was never assassinated.

The variation I believe in extends that reach, where that every idea that anyone has ever had exists in a parallel universe. For example, if you have the idea of a world where you had superpowers, there is a universe where you have those superpowers.

That being said, with all those infinite universes, all those infinite worlds, its not impossible that there's a universe (or even multiple ones) where people could travel between them. But that begs the question: Why haven't they come to ours? The answer is actually really simple. These universes are INFINITE. I'm certain there's universes where humanity has been visited by their counterparts, but the only reason they haven't visited ours is because there's so many of them. We're surrounded by an infinite number of parallel (and probably more interesting) universes for travelers to pick from.

Are you the doctor?
---
Dead
#15 Posted: 03:19:09 12/08/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: mega spyro

Agreed.

Are you the doctor?

Yes.
First female regeneration w00t w00t
cowpowa23 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4833
#16 Posted: 03:19:58 12/08/2015
Well that was a super interesting read..

'till they ruined it at the end with that explanation of theirs DDD:::
---
I am a Cow.

"Moo".
AJAwesome Platinum Sparx Gems: 6303
#17 Posted: 03:26:18 12/08/2015

Agreed.

I laughed so hard at this! I was not expecting that, which made it even better!
---
I'm a girl. My name is Reese. :3
#18 Posted: 03:29:58 12/08/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: AJAwesome

Agreed.

I laughed so hard at this! I was not expecting that, which made it even better!

I felt like I was starting to sound a bit too much like Spock, so I added that to remind people that I'm really Bones.
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8470
#19 Posted: 04:57:20 12/08/2015
I forgot who they were. :/
Greeble Emerald Sparx Gems: 4276
#20 Posted: 12:57:29 12/08/2015
I hail from the Twilight Zone.
---
^ You all know it's true
Qcumber Yellow Sparx Gems: 1054
#21 Posted: 13:00:29 12/08/2015
i'm from dimension 69

dimension 69 is much better than this dimension for several reasons
---
You can't handle MEMES
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me