Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Worst Freemium game ever? [CLOSED]
LameLime Yellow Sparx Gems: 1200
#1 Posted: 19:18:26 09/08/2015 | Topic Creator
Two weeks ago I deleted Candy Crush because early in the game (Level 20 of like 400, I don't know how many levels there are) I can't beat this one level. I tried hard a few times, had some patience with it, but I still can't beat it. Now I'm thinking you need to use real world money to actually be able to beat the level, and perhaps hundreds more. I may be missing something, but I think freemium apps are stupid. I don't think I'll play this game anymore.

I haven't played other free games like this, but are they the same thing?
---
NOSTALGA-LANDERS COLLECTION (Spyro's Adventure)
30/32 Skylanders -- 4/4 Levels -- 8/9 Items (Includes VV)
Missing: smilie smilie + Ghost Swords
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#2 Posted: 19:27:11 09/08/2015
Dungeon Keeper Mobile is typically seen as the worst considering how long it forces you to wait to do such simple tasks unless you want to pay up.

As far as what I've played, the MLP mobile game. City builder with two currencies (bits normal; gems premium). Getting gems at the start wasn't too hard and there was also a glitch that helped but they severely nerfed that after a while and certain buildings and characters (rather important ones too like Celestia or Rainbow Dash) cost so many gems the options were to either play nonstop for a year or pay nearly $100.
Ghakimx Emerald Sparx Gems: 4064
#3 Posted: 07:20:13 10/08/2015
Technically speaking, all freemium games are like this. When u was at Ubisoft's office, they admitted that their game structure for Ghost Recon Online was it was 100% free and completely unlockable but those who paid $ get stuff faster.
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#4 Posted: 07:24:48 10/08/2015
Nearly all free games are like that
Also
I'm at level 160-something on Candy Crush and I haven't spent any money
It can be done.. Just very.. Hard.

Angry Birds 2 is a great example of a freemium game
Mesuxelf Ripto Gems: 3666
#5 Posted: 08:24:58 10/08/2015
Quote: Badwolfmichael
Nearly all free games are like that
Also
I'm at level 160-something on Candy Crush and I haven't spent any money
It can be done.. Just very.. Hard.

Angry Birds 2 is a great example of a freemium game

- - -
LameLime Yellow Sparx Gems: 1200
#6 Posted: 18:38:08 10/08/2015 | Topic Creator
I remember the first ever Angry Birds years ago. How levels were very hard and there used to be a mighty eagle which you can spend a dollar on. You can use it unlimited times with an hour recharge.

And now they came up with new in-app purchases. Some are powerups, but I think they changed the mighty eagle to a limited number of times you can use it before spending again. WHY? I WANTED TO WORK ON THOSE FEATHERS.

Well I don't think I'll play Angry Birds again, since the fad has died out on me. Also the games always crash when I start them up. But those were good times 3-starring all of Poached Eggs and Mighty Hoax.
---
NOSTALGA-LANDERS COLLECTION (Spyro's Adventure)
30/32 Skylanders -- 4/4 Levels -- 8/9 Items (Includes VV)
Missing: smilie smilie + Ghost Swords
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:38:45 10/08/2015 by LameLime
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me