Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
Thoughts on nuclear warfare? [CLOSED]
Samius Hunter Gems: 9252
#51 Posted: 06:19:23 07/08/2015
I do support the use of nukes when it leads to objectively better outcomes. For example, if Japan hadn't been bombed (and surrendered as a consequence) it would've been necessary for the US to invade it, and that would've caused a lot more damage for both sides. It was immoral and caused great harm to many, but it was the smart thing to do though it might be difficult to see that way.
The use of smaller tactical nukes would be preferred to avoid collateral damage, of course, but that depends on the situation.

I've noticed that when people talk about nukes they will almost invariably over-estimate their effects. This might be because of the idea that nukes are some mysterious wonder-weapons. There's nothing mysterious about them, it's just a really big bomb, the effects of which can be calculated, and it's not like anyone would just fling them around without careful consideration.

Also, people will always find some way to demonize the actions of the past, but aggression is never completely one-sided. Every action has a motivation and a reason behind it, always remember that.

Now, it might sound like I'm glorifying the use of nukes somehow, but that's not the case. I wouldn't want to see one in action, and luckily they are nearly useless as the current conflicts raging throughout the world aren't large enough to warrant their use.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:13:08 07/08/2015 by Samius
spyrolvr96 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1214
#52 Posted: 11:59:00 07/08/2015
Quote: Metallo
Quote: valskeletor
the entire point of building nuclear weapons is so that they are never used, you guys understand that, right? the threat of retaliation and mutually assured destruction is the exact reason nuclear weapons haven't been used since more than one nation had them. two nations with nuclear weapons literally cannot fight for the sake of life on this planet, and they know this.

Exactly.

You are contradicting yourself here, Metallo.
---
The thing I never really wrapped my brain around until now was in order to be remembered, in order to leave something significant behind, you have to leave
slambam104 Gold Sparx Gems: 2464
#53 Posted: 15:02:05 07/08/2015
Little bit off topic, but I got an ad saying for me to go to the Atomic Bar.
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5355
#54 Posted: 15:21:29 07/08/2015
Quote: slambam104

I want to go there just so I can say to someone "Hey baby, let's you and me perform some nuclear fusion".
---
Boop me if you see this.
StriderSwag Gold Sparx Gems: 2769
#55 Posted: 15:56:56 07/08/2015
Quote: Muffin Man
Quote: slambam104

I want to go there just so I can say to someone "Hey baby, let's you and me perform some nuclear fusion".

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak gems stronger.
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me