Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
Thoughts on nuclear warfare? [CLOSED]
Metallo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6419
#1 Posted: 00:48:50 07/08/2015 | Topic Creator
Just as the title says.

I personally believe that tactical nukes are the best way to go.
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8190
#2 Posted: 00:53:06 07/08/2015
Terrible thing. Ruins quite literally everything.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
Underian Emerald Sparx Gems: 3095
#3 Posted: 00:53:30 07/08/2015
Nope.
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#4 Posted: 00:54:09 07/08/2015
Don't do it. The consequences are too severe and we still don't seem to fully understand them all (hell we don't know how to properly deal with nuclear waste).
#5 Posted: 00:56:43 07/08/2015 | Topic Creator
Which is why tactical nukes are the best way to go. Designed to be used on the battlefield at a moment's notice, designed to kill the enemy and ONLY the enemy: minimum (if any) civilian casualties.

Never ideal, but it's the lesser of two evils.

In fact, nuclear warfare itself (historically speaking) is the lesser of two evils.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:57:08 07/08/2015 by Metallo
#6 Posted: 00:59:53 07/08/2015
Tactical nukes are still nukes and nukes are still very harmful.

Lesser of 2 evils, pfff.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
TheFlyingSeal Diamond Sparx Gems: 8523
#7 Posted: 01:01:30 07/08/2015
Wow how bored are you right now
---
#CynderIsAFireDragon
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5355
#8 Posted: 01:01:34 07/08/2015

-----
---
Boop me if you see this.
#9 Posted: 01:02:34 07/08/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: Trix Master 100

Lesser of 2 evils, pfff.

Hopefully we won't need to use them again until we enter a war against a conventional military force.
#10 Posted: 01:04:38 07/08/2015
Quote: Metallo

Lesser of 2 evils, pfff.

Hopefully we won't need to use them again until we enter a war against a conventional military force.

Or we can just, never use nukes regardless if they are tactical or not. Seriously we're already killing our planet with a lot of other things, we really don't need nukes to contribute to it.
---
icon from Empoh
#11 Posted: 01:07:37 07/08/2015 | Topic Creator

Lesser of 2 evils, pfff.

Or we can just, never use nukes regardless if they are tactical or not. Seriously we're already killing our planet with a lot of other things, we really don't need nukes to contribute to it.

If you want to talk about energy, burning fossil fuels is far worse for the environment than making use of nuclear energy.

If we can find a way to contain nuclear fallout (in much the same way nuclear waste is contained after utilizing it), then there we go.
Iceclaw Hunter Gems: 9982
#12 Posted: 01:10:09 07/08/2015
all i know about nukes are the cold war stuff and even that sounds terrifying s:
---
Twinkies and 2hus
#13 Posted: 01:10:42 07/08/2015

If you want to talk about energy, burning fossil fuels is far worse for the environment than making use of nuclear energy.

If we can find a way to contain nuclear fallout (in much the same way nuclear waste is contained after utilizing it), then there we go.

[User Posted Image]

But seriously though, have you seen the effects of 1 nuke? Do you have statistics of this? No. We don't know a lot about Nukes, and how harmful they are.

Plus since we're using fossil fuels, add a nuke on that, thing will be far worse.
---
icon from Empoh
#14 Posted: 01:10:54 07/08/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: Iceclaw
all i know about nukes are the cold war stuff and even that sounds terrifying s:

click links and read all about it plz

[User Posted Image]

But seriously though, have you seen the effects of 1 nuke? Do you have statistics of this? No. We don't know a lot about Nukes, and how harmful they are.

Plus since we're using fossil fuels, add a nuke on that, thing will be far worse.

Yes, we do. Nuclear weapons have been tested extensively since their invention. A quick Google search will give you all of the info: the good, the bad, and the ugly.

I'm not saying nukes are good, I'm just saying that when in a dire situation when ass absolutely needs to be kicked, there's nothing that quite gets the job done like a nuke. They're constantly being worked upon and perfected. And if we* do get another war with a conventional military (probably a Second World country, like Russia, China, or Iran), they won't hesitate to nuke us.* I guarantee it.

*By "we" and "us," I mean all NATO-affiliated countries, not just America.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:15:01 07/08/2015 by Metallo
Project_Unnamed Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10195
#15 Posted: 01:11:39 07/08/2015
Nukes are great when they keep the global balance of terror in status quo situation.

But as weapons to be used, it is as dumb as a bag of wet mice.
---
I might give you more opinions... for a small fee of course.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:14:10 07/08/2015 by Project_Unnamed
#16 Posted: 01:18:49 07/08/2015

[User Posted Image]

Yes, we do. Nuclear weapons have been tested extensively since their invention. A quick Google search will give you all of the info: the good, the bad, and the ugly.

I'm not saying nukes are good, I'm just saying that when in a dire situation when ass absolutely needs to be kicked, there's nothing that quite gets the job done like a nuke. They're constantly being worked upon and perfected. And if we* do get another war with a conventional military (probably a Second World country, like Russia, China, or Iran), they won't hesitate to nuke us.* I guarantee it.

Yeah more bark with no bite.

Remember the time when North Korea threatened to nuke the US, and that didn't happen? Yeah no hesitation my arse.
---
icon from Empoh
StriderSwag Gold Sparx Gems: 2769
#17 Posted: 01:19:32 07/08/2015
why cant we just invent a black hole bomb to destroy the earth already jfc
#18 Posted: 01:21:49 07/08/2015 | Topic Creator

[User Posted Image]

Remember the time when North Korea threatened to nuke the US, and that didn't happen? Yeah no hesitation my arse.

Do you know anything about global defense at all? North Korea ranks nowhere near the military might of the former USSR-affiliated superpowers. They're irrelevant. I'm talking about the big dogs.

Comparing North Korea to them is like comparing a poodle to a pack of wolves.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 01:30:52 07/08/2015 by Metallo
#19 Posted: 01:28:07 07/08/2015

Do you know anything about global defense at all? North Korea ranks nowhere near the military might of the former USSR-affiliated superpowers. They're irrelevant. I'm talking about the big dogs.

No not really, though I guess I should learn about global defense rules and laws or at least the more important ones. But this isn't my shtick. This among other 'facts' or military and other things that I believe are not true, is your shtick. Killing things/anything is your shtick.

I only know the bad effects of Nuke and Nuclear things that give people diseases and basically kill off an entire city making it radiate for 500 years or so. Making it toxic to most life there.

Comparing North Korea to them is like comparing a poodle to a pack of wolves.

Actually poodles are smart and considerably a type of guard dog. You certainly choose the wrong breed of dog to call small and weak.
---
icon from Empoh
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:34:06 07/08/2015 by Trix Master 100
#20 Posted: 01:33:12 07/08/2015 | Topic Creator

No not really, though I guess I should learn about global defense rules and laws or at least the more important ones. But this isn't my shtick. This among other 'facts' or military and other things that I believe are not true, is your shtick. Killing things/anything is your shtick.

I only know the bad effects of Nuke and Nuclear things that give people diseases and basically kill off an entire city making it radiate for 500 years or so.

oh the irony

Some of the larger ones invented during the Cold War, maybe, but those will never be used. Not by a First World nation, at least.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:36:57 07/08/2015 by Metallo
#21 Posted: 01:36:47 07/08/2015

I only know the bad effects of Nuke and Nuclear things that give people diseases and basically kill off an entire city making it radiate for 500 years or so.

oh the irony

You get the idea though. It radiates a city for a good long time, maybe not 500 years. But a pretty long arse time.
---
icon from Empoh
#22 Posted: 01:37:59 07/08/2015 | Topic Creator

oh the irony

You get the idea though. It radiates a city for a good long time, maybe not 500 years. But a pretty long arse time.

Which is why tactical nukes are better, because they have a smaller yield and a more isolated target area.
#23 Posted: 01:39:05 07/08/2015

oh the irony

Which is why tactical nukes are better, because they have a smaller yield and a more isolated target area.

No. They still kill and still do the same effects just smaller range. Which is still harmful.
---
icon from Empoh
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#24 Posted: 01:39:46 07/08/2015
Which is why tactical nukes are the best way to go. Designed to be used on the battlefield at a moment's notice, designed to kill the enemy and ONLY the enemy: minimum (if any) civilian casualties.

In fact, nuclear warfare itself (historically speaking) is the lesser of two evils.

Nuclear weapons still leave a pretty nasty fallout.

Nuclear energy is a good alternative to fossil fuels, but we don't know how to properly deal with that waste in a manner that doesn't harm anything.
#25 Posted: 01:40:41 07/08/2015 | Topic Creator

No. They still kill and still do the same effects just smaller range. Which is still harmful.

Understandable, but by that logic, we might as well just ban firearms and go back to fighting with sticks and rocks.

Quote: CAV

Nuclear weapons still leave a pretty nasty fallout.

Nuclear energy is a good alternative to fossil fuels, but we don't know how to properly deal with that waste in a manner that doesn't harm anything.

France is doing a pretty good job.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:42:03 07/08/2015 by Metallo
#26 Posted: 01:44:45 07/08/2015

Understandable, but by that logic, we might as well just ban firearms and go back to fighting with sticks and rocks.

No what I'm saying is, we shouldn't be assed to use any nukes for war anymore. No one said crap about firearms in this topic, but you.
---
icon from Empoh
#27 Posted: 01:47:46 07/08/2015 | Topic Creator

No what I'm saying is, we shouldn't be assed to use any nukes for war anymore. No one said crap about firearms in this topic, but you.

My point is that with nuclear weapons, we can IMPROVE them, but if we were to ban them just because they kill and have harmful effects would be the exact same principle. That was kind of a bad analogy, though.

Once again, I am not saying that nuclear weapons are the way to go and we should nuke everything in sight. I'm saying they should always be at our disposal, just in case.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:48:13 07/08/2015 by Metallo
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6081
#28 Posted: 01:50:49 07/08/2015
If nukes actually do get used rather than just being a show of who's got bigger and better, it's the end of the world. Each country will just retaliate back and forth with their own nukes until there's nothing left of the planet or life on the planet.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
#29 Posted: 01:53:05 07/08/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: Seiki
If nukes actually do get used rather than just being a show of who's got bigger and better, it's the end of the world. Each country will just retaliate back and forth with their own nukes until there's nothing left of the planet or life on the planet.

Who's to say that's not the only reason that we haven't been nuked yet? Because they know that we have them and can therefore retaliate?
#30 Posted: 02:03:02 07/08/2015

Who's to say that's not the only reason that we haven't been nuked yet? Because they know that we have them and can therefore retaliate?

I wasn't saying that as the reason why it hasn't happened yet, rather as the reason no one needs to fire that first shot and that it shouldn't be a thing.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
#31 Posted: 02:07:30 07/08/2015 | Topic Creator

I wasn't saying that as the reason why it hasn't happened yet, rather as the reason no one needs to fire that first shot and that it shouldn't be a thing.

We don't need to fire the first, no. But we might be able to fire the last if we aim correctly.
spyrolvr96 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1214
#32 Posted: 02:10:51 07/08/2015

This. Once a single nuke is launched a lot of countries would retaliate before the first one even landed, and then everyone would be screwed.
---
The thing I never really wrapped my brain around until now was in order to be remembered, in order to leave something significant behind, you have to leave
#33 Posted: 02:11:11 07/08/2015

We don't need to fire the first, no. But we might be able to fire the last if we aim correctly.

Assuming there's anything left of the US to be able to fire and properly target that shot.
---
Wreckingball13 Gold Sparx Gems: 2583
#34 Posted: 02:36:44 07/08/2015
Quote: Muffin Man

-----

For posting that video

Sleepy0429 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#35 Posted: 02:36:45 07/08/2015
let's make/awake godzilla.
---
dark52 let me change my username you coward
valskeletor Yellow Sparx Gems: 1155
#36 Posted: 02:58:46 07/08/2015
nuclear weapons shouldn't evolve past any use than maintaining the deterrence theory, anything else is literally suicidal.
---
tubular
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#37 Posted: 03:01:00 07/08/2015
They're not good.

That's why the new Iran deal the USA is making is bad.
darkwolf Platinum Sparx Gems: 7095
#38 Posted: 03:04:29 07/08/2015
I think nuclear weapons should be kept as a deterrent against attack, and only used when absolutely necessary.
#39 Posted: 03:08:45 07/08/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: Badwolfmichael
They're not good.

It's either that or war with Iran, which means World War III.
#40 Posted: 03:15:06 07/08/2015
the entire point of building nuclear weapons is so that they are never used, you guys understand that, right? the threat of retaliation and mutually assured destruction is the exact reason nuclear weapons haven't been used since more than one nation had them. two nations with nuclear weapons literally cannot fight for the sake of life on this planet, and they know this.
---
tubular
#41 Posted: 03:15:43 07/08/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: valskeletor
the entire point of building nuclear weapons is so that they are never used, you guys understand that, right? the threat of retaliation and mutually assured destruction is the exact reason nuclear weapons haven't been used since more than one nation had them. two nations with nuclear weapons literally cannot fight for the sake of life on this planet, and they know this.

Exactly.
#42 Posted: 03:17:54 07/08/2015
They're not good.

Oh yeah, I defiantly know that, but the feat ails of the deal allows for Iran to pick and chose what we can inspect, so I have a feeling they'll still get their hands on nuclear weapons,
#43 Posted: 03:19:58 07/08/2015
They're not good.

Oh yeah, I defiantly know that, but the feat ails of the deal allows for Iran to pick and chose what we can inspect, so I have a feeling they'll still get their hands on nuclear weapons,

iran having nuclear weapons is probably best for peace in the world tbh

america wont be as quick to trample all over them for the sake of oil.
---
tubular
#44 Posted: 03:22:01 07/08/2015 | Topic Creator
They're not good.

Take a look.
#45 Posted: 03:23:51 07/08/2015

Take a look.

Okay.
Good.
I'm glad I must have misheard wrong, because I've been pretty worried over the deal, I'm glad I got that cleared up.
slambam104 Gold Sparx Gems: 2464
#46 Posted: 03:31:33 07/08/2015
I mean, we should use them if needed. Not just go around using them like they were normal bombs, only certain situations we should use them.
Dragons-go-hrr Platinum Sparx Gems: 6991
#47 Posted: 03:33:42 07/08/2015
I live in a country that's been entirely nuclear free for literal decades, what do you think?

Tho this topic does remind me of that crazy bus driver we had one time in middle school on a trip to the local art gallery, he went on and on about how close we were to a nuclear war at the end of WWII, like wth man we're a bunch of 12 year olds going to look at weird art what does this have to do with anything.

For serious tho, while the threat of them on both sides itself is ironically a good way of preventing their use, actually using them under ANY circumstances? Wtf no. What's the point in defending your "country" if you end up literally destroying it in the process?
---
"Was it a hot ghost?"
#48 Posted: 03:38:28 07/08/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: Dragons-go-hrr

For serious tho, while the threat of them on both sides itself is ironically a good way of preventing their use, actually using them under ANY circumstances? Wtf no. What's the point in defending your "country" if you end up literally destroying it in the process?

It's never good. It's never ideal. Like I said, sometimes it's the just the lesser of two evils. The alternative to the Hiroshima and Nagasaki bombings was Operation Downfall, a full-fledged invasion of Japan in which death tolls would've gone into the millions and much more land would've been destroyed (detailed in one of the links above).
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:43:54 07/08/2015 by Metallo
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me