Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > How many modded messages does it take for you to a gnorc?
First | Page 2 of 3 | Last
1 2 3
How many modded messages does it take for you to a gnorc? [CLOSED]
StriderSwag Gold Sparx Gems: 2769
#51 Posted: 02:59:44 01/08/2015
Quote: Metallo
As for PwnageFTW, feel free to evaluate yourself, but please do not submit to standards set by people who

1. Are failing at life just as hard as you (probably harder).
2. Have no credence upon which their messages stand.

I'd actually love to know how I'm apparently failing at life.
Please, enlighten me.
Kitty Platinum Sparx Gems: 5106
#52 Posted: 03:06:44 01/08/2015
But to be honest, I feel like the only people here who can "call out" what they see as wrong are the "popular" users. Anyone else just gets jumped on in return.

I'd like to know who these untouchable "popular" users are, because from what I've seen if people see something that's wrong, they sure as hell are going to be called out on it.
Mrmorrises Platinum Sparx Gems: 7027
#53 Posted: 03:12:28 01/08/2015
Gonna have to say I agree with Metallo in this case.
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8495
#54 Posted: 03:13:47 01/08/2015
Gotta agree with Metallo as well in this discussion.
#55 Posted: 03:15:56 01/08/2015
Quote: Mrmorrises

Quote: somePerson

Care to enlighten everyone who these supposed "popular" users are then?
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#56 Posted: 03:29:33 01/08/2015
To be completely honest I do think there is a sort of slight bias sometimes on the site. If I said the same thing Pwnage said, would I have been ganged up on as hard as he has? I honestly don't think so. People would disagree for sure but it wouldn't be this hardcore "you're an asshole" stuff.

It does feel like sometimes with certain users people are more likely to jump on them and say "you don't have a right to say that", while other users may get either a slight pass or less harsh responses.

I don't necessarily agree with what Pwnage said or how he went about any of this.

EDIT: At the same time though, I think I understand why. The more "popular" users tend to be the ones that are more liked and interact more with the userbase. They have a positive reputation, and may know the other users of the site more. Meanwhile someone who isn't as well known/new or someone who already has a negative reputation (often for ****posting) will get jumped on because those users feel like they either don't know enough about the user to talk, or they already have a history of this sort of thing (which seems to be the case with Pwnage?).
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:34:18 01/08/2015 by CAV
#57 Posted: 03:32:40 01/08/2015
Quote: CAV
To be completely honest I do think there is a sort of slight bias sometimes on the site. If I said the same thing Pwnage said, would I have been ganged up on as hard as he has? I honestly don't think so. People would disagree for sure but it wouldn't be this hardcore "you're an asshole" stuff.

It does feel like sometimes with certain users people are more likely to jump on them and say "you don't have a right to say that", while other users may get either a slight pass or less harsh responses.

I don't necessarily agree with what Pwnage said or how he went about any of this.

That's because we trust and respect you, you have a good reputation of not being a jerk.
PwnageFTW on the other hand, does.
#58 Posted: 03:37:53 01/08/2015

EDIT: At the same time though, I think I understand why. The more "popular" users tend to be the ones that are more liked and interact more with the userbase. They have a positive reputation, and may know the other users of the site more. Meanwhile someone who isn't as well known/new or someone who already has a negative reputation (often for ****posting) will get jumped on because those users feel like they either don't know enough about the user to talk, or they already have a history of this sort of thing (which seems to be the case with Pwnage?).

It's all about approach. I don't care who you are, if you're going to say something hurtful, expect to be called out on it.
CommanderGame Emerald Sparx Gems: 3610
#59 Posted: 03:58:54 01/08/2015
Quote: Kitty

S&N mods.
Users with a larger than average friends list.
Users who receive a lot of pity.
It's probably rude or whatever to give a list but here are a few on top of my head.

Spyrobaro
StriderSwag
CAV
HIR
Probably you.
Greeble
Cynderfan
Samius

There are a lot more of course. These are the ones I can name at the top of my head.
#60 Posted: 04:01:54 01/08/2015
I'm not in this fake ass "clique"
I'm a lone wolf, riding into the night smilie
Project_Unnamed Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10216
#61 Posted: 04:03:33 01/08/2015
Above all else that has been debated in this topic in recent memory I just want to state that to me it is an most sacred privilege to state my opinions about things around here, People can say and do whatever they want but the society they want to create is in a long run more important than any of little quarrel we have and all that. We all shall enjoy universal-European peace and allow every other continent to enjoy equal sensation of calm. Let us be the enlightened positive defiance before we fall into cold hands of cynicism.
---
I might give you more opinions... for a small fee of course.
#62 Posted: 04:03:37 01/08/2015
Quote: StriderSwag

It's not an actual clique. It's an umbrella term for all users who are more popular. The cool jocks of high school in dS, if you will.
#63 Posted: 04:03:40 01/08/2015
Quote: Spyrobaro

I don't agree with ganging up on people, which I've noticed is a trend with people who disagree on subjects. But if someone says something extremely rude AND has had a reputation for it in the past, of course I'm gonna call them on it. And others will agree (though everyone will go about it in a different way).

And yes, there is bias on this site (it's literally impossible for people to be free of bias). But I really don't see why it's relevant to people calling someone on saying something that yes, can very easily come off as them being an ass. I don't care if you're the most popular person on the site, I'm gonna point it out if you say something like that, especially if you say things like that on multiple occasions.

Though honestly, people always complain about a clique on the site but never specify who is in it at any given time.

Part of that might be because they really don't want to offend anyone or start **** by naming users. I would imagine they would get some backlash for it.

Me, personally, I wouldn't really like it if someone said "Morris is a popular user who can get away with saying whatever the **** he wants." (Theoretically speaking, of course. I can't imagine someone saying that about me and actually meaning it.)
#64 Posted: 04:04:57 01/08/2015
Quote: CommanderGame

It's not an actual clique. It's an umbrella term for all users who are more popular. The cool jocks of high school in dS, if you will.

NERD
IM STUFFING U IN A LOCKER
#65 Posted: 04:05:35 01/08/2015

NERD
IM STUFFING U IN A LOCKER

Lol no
Metallo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6419
#66 Posted: 04:13:44 01/08/2015
To be brutally honest, there are only three people out of that group whom I legitimately respect: HIR, CAV, and Samius.

The rest of you, I really don't give a damn what you have to say. Sorry not sorry.
#67 Posted: 04:14:30 01/08/2015
S&N mods.
It's probably rude or whatever to give a list but here are a few on top of my head.

Spyrobaro
StriderSwag
CAV
HIR
Probably you.
Greeble
Cynderfan
Samius

There are a lot more of course. These are the ones I can name at the top of my head.

I don't necessarily disagree with some users on this list, but...

How am I in this "clique," honestly?

Back in the day I could understand saying that, back when I was more popular and got more of a response to my posts; hell, I would AGREE with it. But nowadays it's simply not the case. I'm mostly ignored unless I get directly involved in something, and I don't post NEARLY as often as others, which is not enough to give myself any standing.

If you could give me examples of people siding with me just 'cause they like me and I'm popular rather than simply agreeing with me on the subject at hand, then I could come to understand your logic here.

Part of that might be because they really don't want to offend anyone or start **** by naming users. I would imagine they would get some backlash for it.

Me, personally, I wouldn't really like it if someone said "Morris is a popular user who can get away with saying whatever the **** he wants." (Theoretically speaking, of course. I can't imagine someone saying that about me and actually meaning it.)

People are already going to get offended if you simply say there's a clique. If people are going to be all passive-aggressive instead of, y'know, actually TALKING to the users that are causing these issues they see, I REALLY can't take them seriously.

I don't disagree with you, but it's way easier said than done.
#68 Posted: 04:16:20 01/08/2015
To be brutally honest, there are only three people out of that group whom I legitimately respect: HIR, CAV, and Samius.

The rest of you, I really don't give a damn what you have to say. Sorry not sorry.

I completely agree with you. Of course, you may not care, but others do.
Anyway, I just noticed how pointless debating on this is. It's a bloody website, I don't care THAT much.
#69 Posted: 04:17:13 01/08/2015
Quote: Kitty

S&N mods.

Spyrobaro
StriderSwag
CAV
HIR
Probably you.
Greeble
Cynderfan
Samius

I would hardly consider myself popular. I'm not even really active.
#70 Posted: 04:17:56 01/08/2015
When I hear people complain about a "dS clique", I tend to think they're talking about users in the Skype group, or people that seem like they would be in it even if they actually aren't. And this includes even if they aren't active anymore.

Semp hasn't posted in years yet I'm sure he'd be considered part of a "clique" going by the theory I have.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:19:59 01/08/2015 by CAV
#71 Posted: 04:19:33 01/08/2015

Anyway, I just noticed how pointless debating on this is. It's a bloody website, I don't care THAT much.

Exactly. This place is just a hobby to me. At one point, I could understand taking it so deeply within, but y'all, there's a WHOLE OTHER WORLD out there. You guys are so passionate about so many issues and you have great ideas, yet instead of actually going out and doing something that matters, you waste your time HERE! WHY?!?!
#72 Posted: 04:21:24 01/08/2015

Exactly. This place is just a hobby to me. At one point, I could understand taking it so deeply within, but y'all, there's a WHOLE OTHER WORLD out there. You guys are so passionate about so many issues and you have great ideas, yet instead of actually going out and doing something that matters, you waste your time HERE! WHY?!?!

Because a lot of people here have self esteem issues, are socially awkward, shy, and use this site as a safe haven.
#73 Posted: 04:21:46 01/08/2015

That actually stings more than Pwnage's comment ow.
#74 Posted: 04:23:25 01/08/2015

That actually stings more than Pwnage's comment ow.

You're on his list though?
#75 Posted: 04:25:45 01/08/2015

Because honestly a good amount of users here are socially awkward and can't make that many friends. They just can't go outside the real world as they don't want to connect with others. However making friends on the Internet is much more easier than the real world as you are anonymous and can't be judged as hard. They can find others like them who are anti social but act completely different. They vent about their life here but don't make it up when in the outside world. It's an endless cycle of being judged by society but can be escaped by clicking on a simple link.
#76 Posted: 04:25:46 01/08/2015
I know and I'm very grateful for it. But I mean to say "I respect these guys but the rest can screw off" seems harsher to me than saying "I think you're boring".
#77 Posted: 04:27:44 01/08/2015

Because honestly a good amount of users here are socially awkward and can't make that many friends. They just can't go outside the real world as they don't want to connect with others. However making friends on the Internet is much more easier than the real world as you are anonymous and can't be judged as hard. They can find others like them who are anti social but act completely different. They vent about their life here but don't make it up when in the outside world. It's an endless cycle of being judged by society but can be escaped by clicking on a simple link.

Completely agree with you.

I know and I'm very grateful for it. But I mean to say "I respect these guys but the rest can screw off" seems harsher to me than saying "I think you're boring".

He said "I don't care" that's different from "screw off"
#78 Posted: 04:27:46 01/08/2015

Because a lot of people here have self esteem issues, are socially awkward, shy, and use this site as a safe haven.

Okay, I see that. This is going to be the cheesiest advice ever, but Y'ALL!

Wake up and smell the French Vanilla Latte! You guys really have no reason to be afraid of the world! You're a bunch of intelligent, passionate people who could really get something done if you weren't such pansies! I know it's hard, yes! I know it's not easy! But the trick is that you DON'T HAVE TO GO IT ALONE. No matter how crazy you are, there are some people in the same boat as you and they will support you. And I can see how darkSpyro has given you that community and that company. But if you sit here all day, you're never going to get anything done! Please, please, PLEASE have some goals! Please shoot for the moon! Please DON'T waste your time here because "the world doesn't understand you" or any of that BS! Be productive! Be bold! Be courageous! I KNOW you guys can do it! Stop thinking that you're the cat's nads because you're popular on a ****ing video game forum and try to actually BE the cat's nads by doing something productive IRL!

Okay, rant over.
#79 Posted: 04:29:08 01/08/2015

Wake up and smell the French Vanilla Latte! You guys really have no reason to be afraid of the world! You're a bunch of intelligent, passionate people who could really get something done if you weren't such pansies! I know it's hard, yes! I know it's not easy! But the trick is that you DON'T HAVE TO GO IT ALONE. No matter how crazy you are, there are some people in the same boat as you and they will support you. And I can see how darkSpyro has given you that community and that company. But if you sit here all day, you're never going to get anything done! Please, please, PLEASE have some goals! Please shoot for the moon! Please DON'T waste your time here because "the world doesn't understand you" or any of that BS! Be productive! Be bold! Be courageous! I KNOW you guys can do it! Stop thinking that you're the cat's nads because you're popular on a ****ing video game forum and try to actually BE the cat's nads by doing something productive IRL!

Okay, rant over.

I completely agree with this statement.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:29:23 01/08/2015 by somePerson
#80 Posted: 04:29:27 01/08/2015

Okay, rant over.

Start off with making friends, then conquer the world!
AvatariDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 6085
#81 Posted: 04:32:02 01/08/2015
What even is this topic right now
---
♥ May 23, 2011 ♥
#82 Posted: 04:37:35 01/08/2015

You do realize that most people here are literal kids/teens who legitimately have nothing better to do than use the internet when not at school or whatever, right?

What are they gonna do? The most they can really do is go to protests (which can actually be dangerous) and such...and send emails to the government :V

Or you know, literally any kind of activities?
#83 Posted: 04:39:08 01/08/2015

You do realize that most people here are literal kids/teens who legitimately have nothing better to do than use the internet when not at school or whatever, right?

What are they gonna do? The most they can really do is go to protests (which can actually be dangerous) and such...and send emails to the government :V

Such as working out and keeping a healthy lifestyle.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:40:35 01/08/2015 by somePerson
MoonHorizons Gold Sparx Gems: 2826
#84 Posted: 04:40:19 01/08/2015
Quote: AvatariDragon
What even is this topic right now

metallo giving some good life advice to the more insecure users on this forum.

you don't have to go into the world alone, as he said.
---
the more obscure your favorite cartoons are, the more refined your taste is
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:41:00 01/08/2015 by MoonHorizons
#85 Posted: 04:40:38 01/08/2015

Such as working out and keeping a healthy body.

Or sports!
#86 Posted: 04:43:18 01/08/2015

Metallo seemed to be specifically talking about political things tho.

Of course you should be doing other things, I meant in their spare time...though let's be honest here, a lot of kids spent a lot of time on the internet.

I'm pretty sure it had nothing to do with politics and it was just a pep talk.
Yeah and that time could be spend doing other things. I'm not telling you to drop the tablet and go play outside at 1:00 AM, you know what I mean!
#87 Posted: 04:43:43 01/08/2015

Metallo seemed to be specifically talking about political things tho.

whut

"Issues" =/= "Politics"
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8190
#88 Posted: 04:52:48 01/08/2015
I feel like a close and very well written PSA is in order for recent ordeals of behavior and much more.

Honestly this whole topic to me looks like one big duct taped statue, the only problem we can't tell what it is because you used duct tape instead of the common super glue. Basically what I am saying is, this is a mess, which could have been fixed up with a different thing.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
xXBeavcoonXx Gold Sparx Gems: 2628
#89 Posted: 04:59:24 01/08/2015
The **** happened to this topic

It went from pfm asking a kinda dumb question in the wrong section to Metallo giving motivational speeches to insecure dS users

am i high or sumthin
---
now its time to get funky
First | Page 2 of 3 | Last
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me