Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
Ask Samius anything. [CLOSED]
Samius Hunter Gems: 9262
#1 Posted: 20:42:08 27/07/2015 | Topic Creator
I usually join in on these things only after they've died down a bit.

Go ahead, ask me stuff.
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3872
#2 Posted: 20:48:25 27/07/2015
Whats your favorite game of all time???
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
Mesuxelf Ripto Gems: 3666
#3 Posted: 21:03:31 27/07/2015
Halo questions, go!

DMR or battle rifle?
Beam Rifle, Sniper Rifle, or Binary Rifle?
Rocket launcher or Fuel Rod cannon?
Best armor ability?
CommanderGame Emerald Sparx Gems: 3610
#4 Posted: 21:28:31 27/07/2015
Quote: Mesuxelf
Halo questions, go!

DMR or battle rifle?
Best armor ability?

Ewwww Fuel Rod Cannon
SMG starts or AR starts?
Can you post a shirtless pic?
Ghakimx Emerald Sparx Gems: 4064
#5 Posted: 21:30:32 27/07/2015
What do you believe I'm most famous/notorious for?
#6 Posted: 21:32:47 27/07/2015
Quote: CommanderGame
Halo questions, go!

DMR or battle rifle?
Best armor ability?

Ewwww Fuel Rod Cannon
SMG starts or AR starts?

Fuel Rod cannon is good for spamming and easy kills. Rocket launcher takes forever to reload and has only 2 shots. But if you want to damage a vehicle real bad go with the rocket launcher.
Metallo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6419
#7 Posted: 22:33:02 27/07/2015
^Tbh, all of the "power" weapons in Halo are cheap, OP and annoying.

Samius, how do you feel about American foreign policy in relation to global military concerns?
#8 Posted: 22:35:55 27/07/2015
Quote: Metallo

Lolkden
#9 Posted: 22:37:27 27/07/2015

Lolkden

I still think Halo is the best FPS of all time and universes, but the only complaint I have is that there's no weapon balance IMO. The DMR/Battle Rifle is really the only "good" weapon: everything else is either useless or OP. But that's just me.
#10 Posted: 22:42:25 27/07/2015

Lolkden

I still think Halo is the best FPS of all time and universes, but the only complaint I have is that there's no weapon balance IMO. The DMR/Battle Rifle is really the only "good" weapon: everything else is either useless or OP. But that's just me.

Everything has different uses and situations. Like the SAW and assault rifle. Only do real damage up close (assault rifle is only really good for breaking shields).
PwnageFTW Yellow Sparx Gems: 1716
#11 Posted: 22:50:21 27/07/2015
Waluigi time?
---
Quote: Carmelita Fox
YOU’RE ALL DUMB SHEEP!!!!
Knight Wolf Emerald Sparx Gems: 4336
#12 Posted: 22:53:34 27/07/2015
Cheese?
---
Your messing with my Zen thing people. @Hawksider
#13 Posted: 23:12:21 27/07/2015

Lolkden

Everything has different uses and situations. Like the SAW and assault rifle. Only do real damage up close (assault rifle is only really good for breaking shields).

Good thing in Halo 5 the AR was buffed, the SMG too.
xXBeavcoonXx Gold Sparx Gems: 2628
#14 Posted: 02:01:30 28/07/2015
Quote: PwnageFTW
Waluigi time?

*jumps out window*
---
now its time to get funky
#15 Posted: 09:37:03 28/07/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: skylandersspyro
Whats your favorite game of all time???

That is a very hard question. I've loved so many games, I can't really give you a single one. A top 10 list maybe, but not one.

Halo questions, go!

DMR or battle rifle?
Best armor ability?

Actually the Covenant Carbine is my favorite weapon, but from those two I'd pick the BR.

I'm not a sniper guy, but the Beam Rifle and the Sniper Rifle are the same essentially. In practice you never need to fire more than two shots rapidly, so the reload/cooldown doesn't really matter.

Depends on the situation, though you usually don't have much of a choice on which one to take. Mid range, I'd rather take the the Fuel Rod Cannon due to it's larger mag. The Rocket laucher is better up close in my experience. If you can't kill whatever is coming at you with two rockets, you're better off just retreating anyway.
People who play Halo MP aren't careful enough in general IMO. Your own survival is more important for your team than a kill-death trade.

Are we talking about Halo 4? If so, either Thruster Pack or Active Camo. In Halo Reach I really liked the Active Camo more than anything.
On a side note, I'm really happy that all the loadouts (along with armor abilities) will be gone in Halo 5: Guardians. I like the map control aspect of MP more than getting random power weapon drops, and playing just feels a lot better when everyone has the same capabilities to start with.

Ewwww Fuel Rod Cannon
SMG starts or AR starts?

AR starts preferably.
I'll post one in Christmas like a promised.

Quote: Ghakimx

I'm not really sure. At the time I think it's mostly the fact that you're an old user. That's how all the new people must see you, anyway.
You do have a very distinguishable style when it comes to your posts though.

Samius, how do you feel about American foreign policy in relation to global military concerns?

Slayer matches are all about map control. In Halo 4 the idea got a bit wrecked because everybody could get power weapon drops, but in all other Halo games it worked perfectly. You essentially fight for the tools that give your team an advantage.
Also, in Halo 5 the weapons are more balanced. I played the beta and it felt really good. The SMG functioned like a lesser shotgun. It was very effective at short range, but had a big damage fall-off at mid- and long ranges. Semi-auto weapons also became less effective in short ranges because there is little to no Auto-aim in Halo 5.

Well, at least NATO has increased it's presence in Eastern EU lately, which I think is good. Russian officials will interpret that as aggravation, but if nothing was done they would just do as they please. Most of the media-hype is unwarranted, I'm more afraid of NATO attacking Russia than the other way around.

The nuclear deal with Iran is a step into the right direction to start stabilizing the area. A lot of the middle-eastern countries have been artificially kept in a state of crisis for years now. Care packages aren't the answer to their plight, they need a proper infrastructure and some economic growth to get back on their feet.

Other than that, what would you specifically want to get my thoughts on?

Waluigi time?

Go have your own private Waluigi time if you want some.

Quote: Knight Wolf
Cheese?

Cheese has a lot of protein in it, but it also has a huge amount of fat. I wouldn't recommend eating a lot of cheese.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 09:41:25 28/07/2015 by Samius
Greeble Emerald Sparx Gems: 4276
#16 Posted: 10:36:33 28/07/2015
Peanut Butter Jelly time?
---
^ You all know it's true
#17 Posted: 12:26:27 28/07/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: Greeble

Not now, not ever.
#18 Posted: 12:27:17 28/07/2015
Quote: Samius

Not now, not ever.

Are you Mr. Coolaid?
---
^ You all know it's true
#19 Posted: 13:10:05 28/07/2015

Halo questions, go!

DMR or battle rifle?
Best armor ability?

Actually the Covenant Carbine is my favorite weapon, but from those two I'd pick the BR.

I'm not a sniper guy, but the Beam Rifle and the Sniper Rifle are the same essentially. In practice you never need to fire more than two shots rapidly, so the reload/cooldown doesn't really matter.

Depends on the situation, though you usually don't have much of a choice on which one to take. Mid range, I'd rather take the the Fuel Rod Cannon due to it's larger mag. The Rocket laucher is better up close in my experience. If you can't kill whatever is coming at you with two rockets, you're better off just retreating anyway.
People who play Halo MP aren't careful enough in general IMO. Your own survival is more important for your team than a kill-death trade.

Are we talking about Halo 4? If so, either Thruster Pack or Active Camo. In Halo Reach I really liked the Active Camo more than anything.
On a side note, I'm really happy that all the loadouts (along with armor abilities) will be gone in Halo 5: Guardians. I like the map control aspect of MP more than getting random power weapon drops, and playing just feels a lot better when everyone has the same capabilities to start with.

The only reason I didn't include the Covenant Carbine on the list was because I see it as the weaker of the 4 rifles. It's zoom is 2x (like the Magnum), and it does less damage. The DMR takes 4 shots to kill a Watcher on heroic difficulty, where the Covenant Carbine takes 7. DMR is better for ranged combat, and the BR is better for close-ish combat (like Magnum range). The good thing about the Covenant Carbine is that it has more ammo per magazine than any other rifle. And you can find them as drops from Elites and Jackals, so that's nice.

The Binary Rifle outclasses every sniper in my opinion. Yes, everyone can see where you're aiming, but OHKO on any part of the body, even through shields is a massive payoff. It 2 hit kills banshees (The banshee isn't actually destroyed, but the driver dies), and is good against damaging vehicles. The only downside is only 2 rounds per magazine. The Sniper Rifle is the best for damaging vehicles though. It has little delay between shots (as opposed to Reach), and comes with 8 rounds, 4 per mag, and is a 2 hit kill (1 with headshot). The Beam Rifle, While also a 2 hit kill and one hit kill headshot, it does very minimal vehicle damage, with around 15-20 shots to destroy a wraith (binary rifle needs around 4-6). That's what makes the Beam Rifle the worst, in my opinion.

I have to agree with you on this.

I never found active camo that useful, because I'm always on the move. And in Reach, it messes up your radar. I'd have to say either armor lock or hardlight shield for my favorites. Although once you go into armor lock, everyone starts crowding around you (not close enough for the EMP though) and waits until you're done. But the hardlight shield, you can move with it, and the only thing that can damage you (from the front) is getting rammed by a vehicle, or splash damage. I find this especially useful in Campaign and Spartan Ops, as you can retreat to safety and have some time for your shield to regenerate.
But that's just my two cents.
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8495
#20 Posted: 13:17:51 28/07/2015
How long is your wenis?
#21 Posted: 14:51:59 28/07/2015
Have you ever sung in front of a live studio audience?
---
^ You all know it's true
#22 Posted: 17:21:50 28/07/2015

Seems to me like it's modesty.

Slayer matches are all about map control. In Halo 4 the idea got a bit wrecked because everybody could get power weapon drops, but in all other Halo games it worked perfectly. You essentially fight for the tools that give your team an advantage.
Also, in Halo 5 the weapons are more balanced. I played the beta and it felt really good. The SMG functioned like a lesser shotgun. It was very effective at short range, but had a big damage fall-off at mid- and long ranges. Semi-auto weapons also became less effective in short ranges because there is little to no Auto-aim in Halo 5.

Well, at least NATO has increased it's presence in Eastern EU lately, which I think is good. Russian officials will interpret that as aggravation, but if nothing was done they would just do as they please. Most of the media-hype is unwarranted, I'm more afraid of NATO attacking Russia than the other way around.

The nuclear deal with Iran is a step into the right direction to start stabilizing the area. A lot of the middle-eastern countries have been artificially kept in a state of crisis for years now. Care packages aren't the answer to their plight, they need a proper infrastructure and some economic growth to get back on their feet.

Other than that, what would you specifically want to get my thoughts on?

I agree, but that's pretty much it. I just wish so many of our citizens didn't believe that we have to literally force our way through the world for peace.
#23 Posted: 21:30:07 28/07/2015 | Topic Creator
Are you Mr. Coolaid?

Sometimes it's hard even for me to believe it, but no, I am not.

The only reason I didn't include the Covenant Carbine on the list was because I see it as the weaker of the 4 rifles. It's zoom is 2x (like the Magnum), and it does less damage. The DMR takes 4 shots to kill a Watcher on heroic difficulty, where the Covenant Carbine takes 7. DMR is better for ranged combat, and the BR is better for close-ish combat (like Magnum range). The good thing about the Covenant Carbine is that it has more ammo per magazine than any other rifle. And you can find them as drops from Elites and Jackals, so that's nice.

The Binary Rifle outclasses every sniper in my opinion. Yes, everyone can see where you're aiming, but OHKO on any part of the body, even through shields is a massive payoff. It 2 hit kills banshees (The banshee isn't actually destroyed, but the driver dies), and is good against damaging vehicles. The only downside is only 2 rounds per magazine. The Sniper Rifle is the best for damaging vehicles though. It has little delay between shots (as opposed to Reach), and comes with 8 rounds, 4 per mag, and is a 2 hit kill (1 with headshot). The Beam Rifle, While also a 2 hit kill and one hit kill headshot, it does very minimal vehicle damage, with around 15-20 shots to destroy a wraith (binary rifle needs around 4-6). That's what makes the Beam Rifle the worst, in my opinion.

I have to agree with you on this.

I never found active camo that useful, because I'm always on the move. And in Reach, it messes up your radar. I'd have to say either armor lock or hardlight shield for my favorites. Although once you go into armor lock, everyone starts crowding around you (not close enough for the EMP though) and waits until you're done. But the hardlight shield, you can move with it, and the only thing that can damage you (from the front) is getting rammed by a vehicle, or splash damage. I find this especially useful in Campaign and Spartan Ops, as you can retreat to safety and have some time for your shield to regenerate.
But that's just my two cents.

Well, you forgot the most important part. It has literally zero recoil. It is also headshot capable, and a mid range scope is all I really need in Halo. It does have less damage per shot, but with the Carbine you can pretty much shoot as rapidly as possible and still keep nailing headshots after headshots. It is ridiculously easy to get kills with this gun in Halo 4 IMO.
And if I'm not mistaken, on top of having the largest mag out of all the rifles you actually spawn with three extra mags with the Carbine, instead of just two. Reloads are a lot slower though.

I personally try to pretend that the Binary rifle doesn't exist. Yes, it is clearly the most effective sniper rifle, it doesn't take a genius to see that. That's exactly the problem I have with it. One-hit-kill sniper rifles are a curse upon online shooters.
Seriously, why couldn't they just make it into a continuous laser-sniper like the beam rifle in Halo: Reach? Even if it had a single-round mag it wouldn't be balanced with the other snipers.

In Halo: Reach the Camo was great, because even if you were moving full speed it made you slightly transparent (more so than what was visible from your own PoV) and made it harder for players to auto-aim on you. Less experienced players were also easily distracted by the radar jam.
So to clarify, the Active Camo in Halo: Reach was not something I used to "sneak". It was actually completely useless for remaining unnoticed as the radar jam let everybody know that you were around, and it made it harder for you to survey your own surroundings. Rather, it was something I just held activated all the time while in battle. It made it harder for enemies to focus on a moving target, and I didn't need the motion tracker anyway when the enemies were right in front of me.
On top of that, from mid- to long ranges it did make you completely invisible if you staid still, because of the short range of the motion tracker.
I admit, in Halo 4 I found it less useful due to the abundance of sprinting, so I usually just stuck with the Thruster Pack.

Quote: somePerson
How long is your wenis?

I have a huge wenis.

Have you ever sung in front of a live studio audience?

No, I have not. People do compliment me on my voice and often tell me that I must have a good singing voice as well, but I'm not too confident about my abilities on that field.

I agree, but that's pretty much it. I just wish so many of our citizens didn't believe that we have to literally force our way through the world for peace.

Yes, that is unfortunate. I think a common problem you guys have in the states is the absence of information. A lot of people just plain don't know about stuff.

Luckily though, it's not really the citizens that get to make decisions about these things. It's your economy that dictates your foreign policy.
#24 Posted: 21:31:44 28/07/2015
What are your thoughts on FNAF?
---
#25 Posted: 21:42:25 28/07/2015 | Topic Creator
What are your thoughts on FNAF?

Never played it, and I think a lot of the "hype" is completely unwarranted.

I've played a lot of games that aren't strictly horror games, but are terrifying on the first playthrough because of the atmosphere and the sense of being in control of your character all the time, meaning that if something does come at you, your survival is entirely up to your actions and not some quick-time-event (S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Shadow of Chernobyl gets an extra special mention here). FNAF just relies on jumpscares and loud voices to startle the player. It all seems very cheap.

In my opinion, had PewDiePie not played it, people probably wouldn't even know that it existed.
#26 Posted: 21:50:47 28/07/2015
^And Markiplier.
#27 Posted: 21:56:01 28/07/2015 | Topic Creator
^And Markiplier.

I don't follow any of these people so I don't know who did it first.

I mean, sure, it probably does have some entertainment value. Otherwise no-one would like it, right? For what it is, I just don't think it looks like that good a game.
#28 Posted: 21:56:57 28/07/2015
THE BIGGIE:

WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS...

on Poptarts?
---
darkwolf Platinum Sparx Gems: 7118
#29 Posted: 22:00:18 28/07/2015
How much weight can you lift?
#30 Posted: 22:01:07 28/07/2015
Do you think happy thoughts?
---
^ You all know it's true
#31 Posted: 22:05:21 28/07/2015 | Topic Creator
THE BIGGIE:

on Poptarts?

Never had Poptarts in my life. They must be loaded with sugar so they're probably very unhealthy.

Quote: darkwolf

Lift how? What exercise are we talking about?

I do. I think all kinds of thoughts.
#32 Posted: 22:07:23 28/07/2015
THE BIGGIE:

on Poptarts?

Never had Poptarts in my life. They must be loaded with sugar so they're probably very unhealthy.

I do. I think all kinds of thoughts.

There's not that much sugar in them. They're really good.
---
#33 Posted: 22:15:06 28/07/2015 | Topic Creator
There's not that much sugar in them. They're really good.

[User Posted Image]

My reaction:

[User Posted Image]
AvatariDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 6085
#34 Posted: 23:15:50 28/07/2015
Can you even
---
♥ May 23, 2011 ♥
#35 Posted: 23:55:04 28/07/2015
Favourite fruit?
Favourite meal?
Favourite drink?
darkwolf Platinum Sparx Gems: 7118
#36 Posted: 00:10:28 29/07/2015

On a bench press.
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#37 Posted: 00:14:19 29/07/2015
Will you ever sing a song and post it on darkSpyro?
#38 Posted: 06:19:00 29/07/2015
[quote=Metallo

Yes, that is unfortunate. I think a common problem you guys have in the states is the absence of information. A lot of people just plain don't know about stuff.

Luckily though, it's not really the citizens that get to make decisions about these things. It's your economy that dictates your foreign policy.[/quote]

Ugh, don't remind me.....
#39 Posted: 10:01:31 29/07/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: AvatariDragon
Can you even

Not even if

Favourite fruit?
Favourite meal?
Favourite drink?

I don't have a single, fixed favorite anything. It all depends on the situation.

On a bench press.

The last time I tried my max was last year. Back then it was about 75kg, or 165 lb. I'm not sure if I've made much progress on it from since then.

I really dislike bench pressing anyway. I have really long arms so if I bring the bar all the way down to my chest it completely ***** up the leverage. I don't get why so many people think that bench press is "the" exercise.

Quote: Badwolfmichael
Will you ever sing a song and post it on darkSpyro?

I might someday.
arceustheprime Ripto Gems: 5362
#40 Posted: 11:51:24 29/07/2015
what do you think of the song message in a bottle by the police
#41 Posted: 12:22:05 29/07/2015
Does a woodchuck chuck wood, and if so where does he chuck it?
---
^ You all know it's true
Spyro Fanatic Hunter Gems: 12141
#42 Posted: 16:46:36 29/07/2015
What's something that never fails to make you happy?
#43 Posted: 21:28:29 29/07/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: arceustheprime
what do you think of the song message in a bottle by the police

It's a good song. As you probably know I'm a metal guy myself, so it's not my usual style, but it does have a certain kind of feel to it..
The Invisible Sun is probably my favorite when it comes to The Police.

Does a woodchuck chuck wood, and if so where does he chuck it?

From his title I'd assume he does. If so, he is probably doing it somewhere where there is wood to to be chucked.

Quote: Spyro Fanatic
What's something that never fails to make you happy?

Learning something interesting, I often read up on something I don't know anything about when I'm bored.
#44 Posted: 10:39:11 30/07/2015
Are you a geek or a nerd?
---
^ You all know it's true
AvatariDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 6085
#45 Posted: 15:15:12 30/07/2015
Who would you want to play you in a movie about your life?
---
♥ May 23, 2011 ♥
Ghakimx Emerald Sparx Gems: 4064
#46 Posted: 17:23:43 30/07/2015
What is your greatest moment of mine you remember?
night bomb guy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1538
#47 Posted: 17:41:14 30/07/2015
Can i hug u?
---
This account has been closed in favor of a new account name.
#48 Posted: 18:53:51 30/07/2015
What's your favorite OST, and why is it Halo: Reach?
#49 Posted: 19:27:12 30/07/2015
Who's the most badass ODST?
#50 Posted: 20:44:15 30/07/2015 | Topic Creator
Are you a geek or a nerd?

I don't like to categorize myself like that. I'm just a guy with certain talents, skills, interests and passions, etc.

Quote: AvatariDragon
Who would you want to play you in a movie about your life?

Myself, or someone who strongly resembled me (can't think of any actor that does).

What is your greatest moment of mine you remember?

I'm not sure if I remember anything in specific.

Quote: night bomb guy
Can i hug u?

Sure.

What's your favorite OST, and why is it Halo: Reach?

Again with the "favorite [x]"-questions. The Halo games all have exceptional OST's, but so far the OST of Halo 2: Anniversary has been the best for me. That and the original Halo: Combat Evolved OST.
What you have to understand is that I'm an old Halo fan. I started out with Combat Evolved when I was 8-years-old. As a prequel, Reach hasn't been that important to me.

From other media, the OST of Conan the Barbarian is awesome, as is FF7's.

Who's the most badass ODST?

Either Buck or the Rookie. We don't know much about the Rookie so I can't decide between the two.
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me