Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > What PS3 games should I get?
Page 1 of 1
What PS3 games should I get? [CLOSED]
pankakesparx456 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7795
#1 Posted: 15:08:02 20/07/2015 | Topic Creator
I just recently got a PS3, so now I'm starting to look for games to get for it. Thing is, I have no clue what I should get aside from a handful of games I already knew I wanted. I could use some help as to which games I should get for the system.

Already have:
-The Last of Us
-Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
-Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
-Infamous/Infamous 2
-Toy Story 3: The Video Game
-Sonic and SEGA All-Stars Racing
-Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
-Call of Duty: Black Ops
-Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe
-Street Fighter X Tekken

Going to buy:
-Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
-Valkyria Chronicles
-Mortal Kombat
-Ratchet and Clank HD Collection

Considering:
-Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD Remix
-Metal Gear Solid: The Legacy Collection
-Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
-Journey: Collector's Edition
-Super Street Fighter 4/Ultra Street Fighter 4
-Tekken 6

I'm open to any recommendations: First party games, multiplatform games, indie games, etc. The only reason I may not take anything into consideration is if the game doesn't really interest me or I don't want to own said game on another console(though I make some exceptions with certain games like Call of Duty)
---
Cool cool.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:33:36 22/07/2015 by pankakesparx456
terrafin2299 Ripto Gems: 3418
#2 Posted: 15:08:51 20/07/2015
Star wars: force unleashed
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#3 Posted: 15:34:23 20/07/2015
If you enjoy RPG's, get these:

-Tales of Symphonia Chronicles
-Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD
-Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD
-Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD
-Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch

Strategy games:
-XCOM Enemy Unknown

Shooters:
-Destiny
-Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
-Call of Duty: Black Ops 2

Horror/Thriller:
-Resident Evil 5
-Resident Evil 6 (HIGHLY RECOMMEND AMAZING)
-Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City

Fighting:
-Ultra Street Fighter 4 (on sale for $16 on PSN if you have PS+)
-Persona 4 Arena Ultimax

Action/Adventure:
-The Last of Us (ik you already said you're getting it but still it's an amazing title)
-Prototype 1 and 2
-Grand Theft Auto 5 (good timewaster, didn't enjoy it but I think you might)
-Jak and Daxter HD Collection
-Ratchet and Clank HD Collection
-God of War: Saga (buy it new please, so you can get the Chains of Olympus and Ghost of Sparta download codes for those games)
-Metal Gear Solid: The Legacy Collection (please of all the games on this list, this is a must have. PURCHASE NEW to ensure you get all discs and download codes also. One of the best collections ever made and I highly recommend)
---
words. letters. filler.
FireMeowth Emerald Sparx Gems: 3230
#4 Posted: 16:58:40 20/07/2015
Seconding the Ni no Kuni suggestion. My favourite PS3 game by far. :)
ImDoubleTrouble Gold Sparx Gems: 2435
#5 Posted: 22:35:25 20/07/2015
I'm a huge Ratchet & Clank fan, been playing them since I was 4.
I'd absolutely recommend getting Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time
Reasons:
- Brilliant Story & Characters which are engagingly interesting.
- Lots of Content, Boss Fights, Planets, Fairly Long & Fully Fledged story.
- Play as Clank during parts of levels.
- Very Cinematic, (After Alot of action, there is cutscenes that tell the story by further developing & gives you a short rest. Movie Standard Graphics)
- Fantastic CRAZY Villain, Dr. Nefarious, Definitely my fav in the series.
- Level Designs are Unique and pull you in.

There are a bunch of other reasons but take it from me, this game is a must have for newcomers.
---
smilie Ooga BOO! smilie
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8495
#6 Posted: 23:36:51 20/07/2015
Injustice.
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#7 Posted: 02:18:55 21/07/2015
Nobody here has mentioned it, but I think Dead or Alive 5 (Ultimate Edition linked since Vanilla is outdated and dead online) is a great 3D fighter and improves upon the series in many ways. If you can get past the fanservice (of which there's admittedly a good bit of) you'll see interesting mechanics underneath. Dead or Alive doesn't really fool around as a fighting game, but its spinoff titles and fanservice have unfortunately given the franchise a negative reputation when it otherwise probably would've been among the top fighters out there.

Also Journey: Collector's Edition combines thatgamecompany's three hit PS3 titles into one collection (along with a few bonuses). Journey alone is a fantastic title that makes the collection worth it, but flOw and Flower are also great, relaxing games in on themselves. And all three have wonderful soundtracks.

Gran Turismo 6 is a lovely racing simulator, with well over 1000 cars and plenty of features and tracks to keep you busy for a very long time if you get engaged enough into the game. Gran Turismo is a series I grew up with so I'm attached and love games like it (including Forza on Xbox). However, keep in mind that it's a racing simulator, and not just an arcade-like racing game like Need For Speed or Burnout. The game tries to be as realistic as it possibly can in its physics and control (though it's hit and miss compared to real life), and it can get boring to some.

And Bioshock Infinite has, in my opinion, one of the greatest atmospheres and aesthetics in any game out there, along with one of the best stories. It's very cheap nowadays and the version linked even includes the first Bioshock (itself also a classic) free. There's a Complete Edition that comes with DLC episodes, but it doesn't include the original Bioshock and is triple the price.

If you want to know any others, let me know. I've got quite a few titles in mind aside from those listed by you and others in the thread.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 02:24:21 21/07/2015 by CAV
DragonCamo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6632
#8 Posted: 02:33:32 21/07/2015
Borderlands. All of them. Game of the Year Edition would be best. Maybe the Handsome Collection.

Meaning
- Borderlands
- Borderlands 2
- Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel

They're all first person shooters.
---
Gay 4 GARcher
Epic popthorn Emerald Sparx Gems: 3277
#9 Posted: 02:40:00 21/07/2015
I'd say get mortal kombat 9, it isn't like MKvsDC it is MUCH better.
pankakesparx456 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7795
#10 Posted: 01:38:34 22/07/2015 | Topic Creator
Updated my list. I added some new one's I'm definitely buying at some point and some ones I'm considering and starting to look into.

I ended up getting The Last of Us and Black Ops. Already own Black Ops before and I really got it just for the multiplayer, and because of the fact that it's one of the few newer CoD games I enjoy. The Last of Us is already one of my all-time favorite games even before I got my own system(I had already completed it twice at a relative's). As for fighting games, I decided to get Street Fighter X Tekken and I'm enjoying the hell out of it.
---
Cool cool.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me