Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Your Thoughts On Feminism? [CLOSED]
aran Emerald Sparx Gems: 4040
#1 Posted: 22:18:37 13/07/2015 | Topic Creator
tell me, what do you think about there ideology?

this is what i think
i'm all for equal rights, but to me it looks like Feminist care more about females dying in video games, rather than flesh and blood females in other countries, that are sold off/ raped/ killed/ and have no rights....
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:19:23 13/07/2015 by aran
MagicFizz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3551
#2 Posted: 22:20:10 13/07/2015
If it doesn't involve me, I couldn't care less. *shrugs*
---
My life is complete.
Mesuxelf Ripto Gems: 3666
#3 Posted: 22:22:54 13/07/2015
Feminists are good. Equal rights are good. But putting men down and thinking women are better isn't.
And **** tumblr feminists.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:23:31 13/07/2015 by Mesuxelf
Kitty Platinum Sparx Gems: 5106
#4 Posted: 22:31:42 13/07/2015
Men and women, at least in the United States, do have equal rights. Instead of trying to help women that actually ARE discriminated against in third world countries, the focus is instead directed on how "scadalous" female characters are in video games or movies.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#5 Posted: 22:35:43 13/07/2015
Feminism is unneeded in the USA and feminists in the USA are just wasting their time.

*leaves*
Iceclaw Hunter Gems: 10006
#6 Posted: 22:41:44 13/07/2015
Though I do wish the main focus was on women that are legally discriminated all over the world (especially in Eastern and Southern countries), I do like to see a little focus on the social/cultural aspects of sexism here in the West. It'd be nice if it wasn't the main focus here though.

I really hate how there's a lot of radical ""feminists"" (like the ones we see on Tumblr) that really ruin it for other actual feminists. They make it so that whenever someone brings up the topic of feminism it makes people roll their eyes and sigh.
---
Twinkies and 2hus
Mrmorrises Platinum Sparx Gems: 7027
#7 Posted: 22:42:22 13/07/2015
I'll keep it short: many of the feminists in this day and age are in no position to be calling themselves such. They are hardly comparable to the likes of Susan B. Antony or Alice Paul.
pankakesparx456 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7795
#8 Posted: 22:43:26 13/07/2015
Quote: pankakesparx456
the concept of feminism is just fine, and i support it. the problem is that we have so many men who have it wrapped in their heads that feminism is anti-men, and a lot of women today who claim to be feminist ARE anti-men. We need more feminists like Emma Watson, not more like Anita Sarkeesian.

- - -
---
Cool cool.
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#9 Posted: 22:46:17 13/07/2015
Feminists have been posting on tumblr about Iwata's death and how it's a good thing so the quality of "STRONG INDEPENDENT FEMALE CHARACTERS" will go up.

They only care about women, they aren't for equal rights. They're for women and women only.

Real feminists are cool, though. I like them.
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
MoonHorizons Gold Sparx Gems: 2826
#10 Posted: 22:52:07 13/07/2015
im fine with feminism.

feminazism though, it's evil.
---
the more obscure your favorite cartoons are, the more refined your taste is
Thunderdragon14 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8087
#11 Posted: 23:00:35 13/07/2015
im all for equality but a lot of feminists are ****ing disgusting (especially the ones on tumblr)
---
Quote: Alydol
go back to whining about your fish
Rand O M Gold Sparx Gems: 2223
#12 Posted: 23:13:41 13/07/2015
I have some friends how are feminists who think on a national and international scale. Not everything is equal between men and women in the USA, but measures are more severe in certain countries. I believe the feminism is a good concept because it does rally people toward a common cause. True feminism is not anti-women its more like: equality between genders while maintaining a certain respect between each gender is installed. l believe that some groups of people tend to take feminism to an extreme, tarnishing its true intentions. I wish there could be a way for people to see what true feminism and not associate with the "feminazis" as they are caused.
#13 Posted: 23:23:32 13/07/2015 | Topic Creator
what about being a Egalitarian? it's the same thing as feminism( equal rights for all), but with out the hard core feminazis destroying there movement :/
Rand O M Gold Sparx Gems: 2223
#14 Posted: 23:32:13 13/07/2015
Quote: aran
what about being a Egalitarian? it's the same thing as feminism( equal rights for all), but with out the hard core feminazis destroying there movement :/

I feel like its a good idea too. Everyone should have equal rights regardless of gender, sexuality, and age (18+ obviously but kids should still be free from sex trafficking, etc). I support equal rights for all and become disgusted by racism and intolerance, so i guess I fall into this.
#15 Posted: 23:35:35 13/07/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: Spyrobaro

I'm an egalitarian personally simply because I disagree with focusing on women's issues rather than tackling the issues of all genders. Both have the same goal but go about it in separate ways. At least, that's how I see it.

yep same here
Kitty Platinum Sparx Gems: 5106
#16 Posted: 23:36:32 13/07/2015
Quote: parisruelz12
Feminists have been posting on tumblr about Iwata's death and how it's a good thing so the quality of "STRONG INDEPENDENT FEMALE CHARACTERS" will go up.

Uh...
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#17 Posted: 23:40:30 13/07/2015
Quote: Kitty

Uh...

What?
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
TheFlyingSeal Diamond Sparx Gems: 8530
#18 Posted: 23:41:33 13/07/2015

They only care about women, they aren't for equal rights. They're for women and women only.

I'm on tumblr, like, 24/7 and I have seen nothing of the sort. If there were comments like that, then they were probably sent a lot of anon hate.
---
#CynderIsAFireDragon
Thunderdragon14 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8087
#19 Posted: 23:42:43 13/07/2015
Quote: TheFlyingSeal

I'm on tumblr, like, 24/7 and I have seen nothing of the sort. If there were comments like that, then they were probably sent a lot of anon hate.

http://booimafox.tumblr.com/po...be-nintendo-can
---
Quote: Alydol
go back to whining about your fish
#20 Posted: 23:46:36 13/07/2015
Quote: Thunderdragon14

http://booimafox.tumblr.com/po...-has-died-maybe

http://booimafox.tumblr.com/po...ied-maybe#notes

And if you scroll down a bit, you can see replies to the post calling the poster a monster and yelling at them in all caps.

I agree, there are many "Feminists" who are awful, so they should be ignored and called out on it. And this person was.
---
#CynderIsAFireDragon
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:48:07 13/07/2015 by TheFlyingSeal
Metallo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6419
#21 Posted: 00:00:10 14/07/2015
In modern terms, "feminism" is almost synonymous with "misandry."
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6081
#22 Posted: 00:16:33 14/07/2015
Which type of "feminism" are you referring to?

REAL Feminism: Yes, it's a good thing to have equal rights for everyone and ensure everyone is treated fairly regardless of race, gender, etc is a good thing and power to it.

Dumbass feminists: Log out of Tumblr and spend the rest of your life crying in the corner of shame. quit acting like men are complete scum just for being born with a Y chromosome. I pity whoever you end up marrying.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
ThroneOfMalefor Platinum Sparx Gems: 5402
#23 Posted: 00:50:46 14/07/2015
I believe feminism is terrible. It is not needed in the US/Europe/Oceania. I see it as a cheap excuse to accuse men of their wrongs that they have already corrected.
Most of it is aimed at third world yadda yadda, media representation yadda... You want equal rights? Be "humanist". There is no need to establish a pseudo-hierarchy where females default top. Men don't need to shame anything, and the word feminism in itself can be interpreted as the practice of shoving men down instead of forming equilibrium. External communities should be left as-is and they will arrive at a conclusion themselves. -To the radicals

Eh, it's kinda unnecessary. Women's rights are much better now. Of course we still have the unequal salary issue but hopefully with enough efforts that will be resolved. -To the sane
---
BREATHE AIR.
cowpowa23 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4833
#24 Posted: 00:57:53 14/07/2015
I think it's just some group created to cause Humanity to keep fighting with itself and to keep all of us seperated so that we never band together and see whats REALLY happening in this worl-.....

tis' just a crazy group, that's all. O_o
---
I am a Cow.

"Moo".
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8495
#25 Posted: 01:12:26 14/07/2015
Depends on your definition of feminist.
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#26 Posted: 02:12:19 14/07/2015
Just saying guys that women still make less money than men doing the same job in the US, and there are some areas where things aren't completely equal, both in law and in mind.

That said I myself am Egalitarian and believe that's a much better movement that also carries a better meaning than feminism (which can and often is easily taken as meaning females are superior).

And tumblr brand feminism is absolute garbage that is only meant to shame people and make everyone feel worse rather than make actual social progress.

i'm all for equal rights, but to me it looks like Feminist care more about females dying in video games, rather than flesh and blood females in other countries, that are sold off/ raped/ killed/ and have no rights....

You're not paying attention then. There's loads of feminists movements in third world countries. One of the most prominent figures in the world right now is an 18 year old woman who fought for women's rights to go to school and learn in the Middle East (only to be punished for it).
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:15:19 14/07/2015 by CAV
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3872
#27 Posted: 02:12:31 14/07/2015

**** her.
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#28 Posted: 02:17:03 14/07/2015
Actual Feminists, which hopefully they are still out there, are good, in theory,
But either there aren't many real Feminists, or their voices aren't heard because they're being drowned out my the "Feminazis"
Maybe both.

Even though I support equal rights, I wouldn't say I support Feminism today just because of everyone it's associated with, <.<;

I feel like they should be helping women in countries where they literally have no rights, rather than spouting out nonsense here just to make money,
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#29 Posted: 03:17:05 14/07/2015
There's actually a video about a woman who is a feminist who dresses up and goes under cover as a man for months (can't remember how many) to see what it's like, and in the end she decides that females have life a lot easier. And it's rather sad that it hasn't got that many views and feminists seem to have ignored it.

EDIT: here is the video.

I personally think that feminism isn't needed in western society (probably not in Asian places like Japan ether, but I'm not 100% sure about this one), and instead it should move to places where it's actually needed like Islam.
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
Edited 5 times - Last edited at 03:26:19 14/07/2015 by DarkCynder_543
#30 Posted: 03:23:29 14/07/2015
Quote: DarkCynder_543
There's actually a video about a lesbian who is a feminst who dresses up and goes under cover as a man for months (can't remember how many) to see what it's like, and in the end she decides that females have life a lot easier.

Don't tell tumblr.
#31 Posted: 03:25:40 14/07/2015
^ I edited my post to show the video. It's really interesting.

edit: lmao if i do i will probs lose followers and get anon hate. apparently someone on there who reblogged a 'reblog if you actually give a **** about male victims for domestic violence and rape' post lost 4 followers and got an anon post saying 'men can't get rapped'.

Also those feminists who believe that Iwata's death was a good thing need to just **** off, honestly. They're disgusting. Iwata was a great man. I mean, he friking cut off some of his salary so that employees won't loss their jobs. He sacrificed some of his pay so that his employees would be happy. Not a lot of people would do that.
---
Edited 5 times - Last edited at 03:48:56 14/07/2015 by DarkCynder_543
AvatariDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 6085
#32 Posted: 03:49:26 14/07/2015
Honestly I don't have much of an opinion on it. While it's still a pretty big issue here that should be addressed properly, I feel like it's a bigger and more important issue in other countries.
---
♥ May 23, 2011 ♥
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6081
#33 Posted: 03:57:58 14/07/2015

Tumblr just needs to stop.... It's never a good thing someone dies and if you start cheering death you need to reevaluate your life. It's not Iwata's fault in any lack of female characters. His death won't suddenly create more Metroid games or anything else with a female protagonist.

I once had a feminzai try to flame me on FB. There was some share thing of a pic of a tans person saying they supported feminism to prevent people from thinking he was a she because he had the body of a girl and looked like one. I posted something about how feminism isn't going to fix that and people will still use pronouns based on judged gender. Some girl replied calling me sexist scum who didn't know anything..... I told her that if I make the mistake I would at least apologize, and that feminism won't abolish gender-specific pronouns from the English language and had an idea how people would feel if I called people "it" instead of the wrong pronoun. She never replied, so I count it as a win.

Quote: DarkCynder_543
^ I edited my post to show the video. It's really interesting.

edit: lmao if i do i will probs lose followers and get anon hate. apparently someone on there who reblogged a 'reblog if you actually give a **** about male victims for domestic violence and rape' post lost 4 followers and got an anon post saying 'men can't get rapped'.

Also those feminists who believe that Iwata's death was a good thing need to just **** off, honestly. They're disgusting. Iwata was a great man. I mean, he friking cut off some of his salary so that employees won't loss their jobs. He sacrificed some of his pay so that his employees would be happy. Not a lot of people would do that.

Do it anyway. If people unfollow you for it and try to hate you, then they aren't worth your time much less the number in your follow counter. Post what you want, because you want and don't let a group of over-offended bigots get in the way of you doing what you want. If they want to have a fit, screw them and send a prayer that they get the dose of reality they deserve.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:07:38 14/07/2015 by Seiki
#34 Posted: 04:10:28 14/07/2015
^ It's actually no point in me posting it, since I'm new to tumblr and hence don't have much followers. It needs to be posted on a blog who has a lot of followers so it can get more attention. I will probably post it when I get more followers.

They seem to forget that characters like Midna, Zelda (OoT/MM, TP and TWW incarnations of Zelda, which include Sheik and Tetra alter egos), Impa and Rosalina exist (there are more too), all who are from Nintendo.

It also annoys how how if you reply to those feminists who say that and point out how wrong they are, they think they're receiving hate because they're a woman, which is stupid because they will still receive hate for saying that Iwata's death was a good thing even if they were male. I hate it when they pull that card because it's ridiculous and just them using excuses to back up their claims.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 04:14:21 14/07/2015 by DarkCynder_543
#35 Posted: 04:19:47 14/07/2015
I guess I should put what I think.

If this topic was made a year or two ago, I was a full on Feminist. I don't BELIEVE I was a "Feminazi", but I don't doubt I accidentally adopted that behavior.

I was more into it when Feminisim was about equal rights for all genders, but focused on females because they need the most work. But now as the line between Feminisim and Egalitarian blurs, I find myself as an Equaltarian.
On Tumblr I still reblog posts ABOUT Feminisim, but those that have the same goals of Egalitarian groups. I try hard to focus on world cultural issues, as well as western and other genders on the wide spectrum.
---
#CynderIsAFireDragon
valskeletor Yellow Sparx Gems: 1155
#36 Posted: 04:21:19 14/07/2015
do women still earn less than men on a job-per-job basis? i mean the actual calculated wage gap refers to average wages earned by women compared to that of men, not necessarily working the same job, and on average, women do still work in lower paying careers, which is still a cultural problem, albeit a very different one, but do women still actually earn less than men working the exact same job with the same level of qualifications, etc.? i get that the equal pay act of 1963 makes it illegal to pay differently on the same job with same qualifications, and i get that the law might not be easily enforced, but i'm just wondering.
---
tubular
#37 Posted: 04:25:12 14/07/2015
Quote: valskeletor
do women still earn less than men on a job-per-job basis? i mean the actual calculated wage gap refers to average wages earned by women compared to that of men, not necessarily working the same job, and on average, women do still work in lower paying careers, which is still a cultural problem, albeit a very different one, but do women still actually earn less than men working the exact same job with the same level of qualifications, etc.? i get that the equal pay act of 1963 makes it illegal to pay differently on the same job with same qualifications, and i get that the law might not be easily enforced, but i'm just wondering.

I don't really know actually, that's one of the issues I don't talk about when it comes to talking about Women's Rights. I've yet to see proof or some statistics of this happening???
---
#CynderIsAFireDragon
valskeletor Yellow Sparx Gems: 1155
#38 Posted: 04:40:32 14/07/2015
Quote: valskeletor

I don't really know actually, that's one of the issues I don't talk about when it comes to talking about Women's Rights. I've yet to see proof or some statistics of this happening???

i always see the wage gap used as proof that large gender inequalities still exist but honestly i'm not sure if they know what the wage gap actually calculates or not, because it would be very difficult to calculate the wages of every female against every male working the same job in the same company with the same levels of experience and time in the company, and then do that for EVERY COMPANY

obviously i support gender equality, but i feel like feminism isn't doing anything to improve it's less-than-stellar reputation and that's the exact reason it can't get enough people behind it do consistently cause real positive change for both genders, and if any changes do occur, it's typically only for women, which further leaves literally half the population feeling left out.

it's gotten to a point where there's more crucial issues that need to be addressed for males more so than females; hell, in quite a few states, the legal definition of rape is defined as "penetration without consent", which makes female-on-male rape completely legal, and that definition has been used in defense of many female rapists that have gotten off free because of it, but no one really talks about that, or "calls for a change", which is completely outrageous considering how many advancements have been made in women's rights.
---
tubular
#39 Posted: 04:48:43 14/07/2015
Just want to say that I'm a virgin and I get very uncomfortable when girls try to pressure me into sex.

Doing it flirtatiously is cute and fun, but looking me in the eyes and telling me you want to **** when I'm thinking about the risks is not good. At all.
#40 Posted: 07:38:08 14/07/2015
^ and it annoys me how feminist (extremists) act like they're the only ones who have this issue >___<

And I agree with valskeletor about the wage gap issue and everything else she has said.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:39:20 14/07/2015 by DarkCynder_543
Greeble Emerald Sparx Gems: 4276
#41 Posted: 10:48:23 14/07/2015
I think they need to go to a country where women are truly oppressed, then they'll see how much time they've wasted being bitter.
---
^ You all know it's true
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me