Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
How did you find Skylanders? [CLOSED]
PwnageFTW Yellow Sparx Gems: 1716
#1 Posted: 13:20:11 11/07/2015 | Topic Creator
I put this here because I didn't really know where else to put it.

I found Skylanders by walking through Krogers and saw the SSA Frito Lay mini bags, it made me interested in what it was, so I checked the bag and saw it was a video game and saved up my money to buy SSA. Giants was also out at the time, but I wanted to start at the beginning.
---
Quote: Carmelita Fox
YOU’RE ALL DUMB SHEEP!!!!
Spyro7850 Gold Sparx Gems: 2656
#2 Posted: 13:23:23 11/07/2015
Nintendo Power did a article on Giants (and a review of the first game, if I remember correctly).
---
#1 Roller Brawl fan
"Ness, you'll always be the best character in Smash."
-Brawl in the Family, Comic #599
Sboy13 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#3 Posted: 13:26:12 11/07/2015
Well, when Spyro's Adventure came out I started seeing commercials for it and so I thought "Wow, that looks interesting, maybe I should try that."

Then later, in 2012, I was in Toys R Us once and saw a Spyro's Adventure display. I decided to try out the figures to see how it worked and was amazed. My parents saw too, and then I ended up getting the game for my birthday that year. And that's how it all began. smilie
---
Purple dragon.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:26:48 11/07/2015 by Sboy13
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#4 Posted: 13:27:30 11/07/2015
Pretty sure we had a topic of the kind in either SSA or TT this year.

Long time Spyro fan, was here during the day of the reboot. Was willing to accept the game but not really spend so much on it because I can barely buy normal games for most of the year, but an unbiased LP from another Spyro fan who wanted to give the game a chance made me actually want to play as soon as I could get my hands on a Starter Pack.

And wow we've come far. GameXplain actually put up a video of Skylanders yesterday and the dislike bar isn't even bigger than the like bar. Back then you couldn't even SEE the like bar.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:29:06 11/07/2015 by Bifrost
PwnageFTW Yellow Sparx Gems: 1716
#5 Posted: 13:29:11 11/07/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: Bifrost
Pretty sure we had a topic of the kind in either SSA or TT this year.

Long time Spyro fan, was here during the day of the reboot. Was willing to accept the game but not really spend so much on it because I can barely buy normal games for most of the year, but an unbiased LP from another Spyro fan who wanted to give the game a chance made me actually want to play as soon as I could get my hands on a Starter Pack.

Well it's better off here then in a section that will one day almost be abandoned.
---
Quote: Carmelita Fox
YOU’RE ALL DUMB SHEEP!!!!
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#6 Posted: 13:31:06 11/07/2015
SSA still gets some activity from people with nostalgia, the problem are the games in the middle.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#7 Posted: 14:39:37 11/07/2015
I was a Crash Bandicoot and Spyro fan when I was younger. Grew up with the first games in their series. I eventually grew out of it and was thrown out of the loop until I saw an article about Spyro's Adventure in Nintendo Power. I was sold instantly when I saw it. Little did I know how expansive the games would become and how into it I would be.

If it wasn't for Skylanders, I dunno what I would be into.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#8 Posted: 15:05:21 11/07/2015
When Skylanders was young I saw it at Gamestop, we saw Spyro was in it so naturally we were curious. I did research on it and when we finally decided to play it was during the Giants Era around Christmas.
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
Wreckingball13 Gold Sparx Gems: 2583
#9 Posted: 15:59:00 11/07/2015
A little before the first game released, I was looking up a Spyro 2 Walkthrough, and the ad for the video was the Skylanders Trailer and it intrigued me. I ended up getting it Christmas of that year.
Swap Force Fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 4095
#10 Posted: 18:00:31 11/07/2015
I saw the commercials for SSA and thought it looked really stupid, but then my brother got it for me for Christmas, and I got addicted to it.
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#11 Posted: 18:06:55 11/07/2015
I saw an ad on TV, and thought it looked really cool. It turned out my TRU had a free demo for the game. I went there and played it, and loved everything about it. And, nobody else even wanted to play it!
---
Dead
weebbby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4220
#12 Posted: 18:33:03 11/07/2015
Drill Sergeant picture on google images for something else idr what.
Thought was cool, looked into where it was from.
Alphawolf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1692
#13 Posted: 03:55:00 14/07/2015
i was a fan of the original spyro game and remembered hear something about skylands but i never gave it a 2nd thought. not until i worked as a game tester for activision. skylanders figures were all over the office and they looked cool. i did some research on them and became a instant fan. im still new to the game, i came in at trap team, but ive massed a small collection of like 130 different figures so far. but i guess im more in it for the collecting vs the playing, but i still like the games, it reminds me of a simpler time.
terrafin2299 Ripto Gems: 3418
#14 Posted: 04:00:38 14/07/2015
There was a demo at the game truck at my seventh grade fall festival. This was before the first game came out.
ladala Yellow Sparx Gems: 1935
#15 Posted: 04:13:14 14/07/2015
Lurking darkspyro and Spyro Forums when the news hit. First it was the mysterious "Spyro's Kingdom" appearing on someone's resume, then later the image of Goblin Spyro, followed by other early pictures of Perilous Pastures.

I was so excited for a not-Legend Spyro game. I watched the forums for every bit of news. And I pre-ordered the game without a second thought because after a two year hiatus, Spyro was back. I was sad at other Spyro fans not giving the game a chance, but even I wasn't thrilled with the gameplay.

But four games and 60+ figures later, I'm definitely a Skylanders fan. Was going to drop off after Giants, but the gameplay of Swap Force, followed by a return to TFB's character design, pulled me back in.
---
Thank you for releasing me!
Qcumber Yellow Sparx Gems: 1054
#16 Posted: 08:29:12 14/07/2015
I seen an advertisement, and I liked how it looked. Originally, I only got the 3DS version and no other Skylanders than the starters, then I got the Console version. I couldn't complete the Undead Kaos battle (can't remember the name of the level), so I got some other Skylanders (Eruptor, Boomer, Zap (I think), Dino-Rang, Hex, and Wrecking Ball). Then I decided to get all the Skylanders (which I'm starting to regret).
---
You can't handle MEMES
stoat2337 Gold Sparx Gems: 2270
#17 Posted: 11:27:17 14/07/2015
Big TRU displays
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#18 Posted: 13:00:26 14/07/2015
I saw big displays at the shop but i did not really care for it for about 2 or 3 years ? I am technically not a Spyro fan and well that fact probably helped me to switch off . To me it looked like a pokemon type beat em up game .

My little brother always the new game and fancy gadget enthusiast demanded skylanders for his birthday . We take our Birthdays very serious , so i made myself like it and even checked out what toys i wanted . I have this thing for goblins and orc so i naturally gravitated towards two little green monsters called Voodood and Boomer. Brother wanted gates unlocked so another magic and tech lander did not help . I sighed then chose another toy . An undead witch girl called Hex .

Thats how i got hooked .
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#19 Posted: 15:00:58 14/07/2015
Saw the E3 gameplay demo of S:SA, was interested. Asked for the 3DS version for Christmas the year it came out. Hooked, and stopped collecting summer before SwapForce came out.
---
words. letters. filler.
jdavplay Blue Sparx Gems: 650
#20 Posted: 15:06:48 14/07/2015
Preview in Game Informer for SSA. The fact that it had Spyro in the name was enough to "get" me (I'm an all in or all out series collector,and I've loved the Spyro universe from the first game's launch on PS1.
Garygoh884 Gold Sparx Gems: 2854
#21 Posted: 16:10:22 14/07/2015
First seen the functional Spyro's Adventure display case on a local display bookstore. I was fascinated by elves like Stealth Elf, Flameslinger and Hex, appearing on the game store's shelves - it was the rebeginning of my ongoing trend, abandoning League of Legends.

My elves' adorement started based from the Warcraft series. It was probably in year 2007.

In August 2012, I saw the free Cloud Patrol game appeared on the App Store, topping the Free charts. I rushed to download this game on my iPad, and enjoyed it. My awareness of Skylanders seemed to be drawn in just a flash.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:13:42 14/07/2015 by Garygoh884
GaiaMemories Emerald Sparx Gems: 3753
#22 Posted: 01:34:42 30/07/2015
At first I had no interest in skylanders, as they just took away the the little bit of glory my other then dieing franchise had. But last year my grandmother and I were in walmart and I found a cheap giants pack that we bought, when I got home I played the first level and was hooked. I played for several months but lost interest w wh en I couldn't beat the cannon sequence in aerial attack but beat the game just a week before TT release. Bought it on launch day and LOVED it by the next day I had beaten it. In February I found a $20 SF pack and bought it. Played it for a week and went back to TT because I loved it so much. I now own 103 skylanders though most I bought used at gamestop.
---
Hahahahaha
jesse217 Blue Sparx Gems: 696
#23 Posted: 03:28:21 30/07/2015
Was looking up spyro wiki one night from boredom, when it showed this game i clicked on it, i decided to wait till this year to get it when i found a copy of ssa and sg with figures for 30$, got hooked on it, roomate did too, we had a few nights of gym then this until 2 am
---
Currently playing:
Resident evil Revelations, Sword Art Online Hollow Fragment
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:06:44 03/08/2015 by jesse217
undeadmaster Gold Sparx Gems: 2126
#24 Posted: 17:17:24 30/07/2015
My friend had it and showed it to me. About a year later I had a ton of b-day money, went to the store with my dad, saw it, and bought it.
---
I probably won't be back for like a year.
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#25 Posted: 02:43:27 05/08/2015
I heard of the spyro game but never really looked into it. I saw reserves for giants and my son said he wanted it but again never really looked too much into it. My sister in law was looking for an xmas gift for my son so i mentioned the game. He got the game for xmas and we both tried it and were hooked. I bought myself legendery stealth elf at a tru in hershey pa as we were on vacation. We said at first wed get only a few.... Fast forward today and we pretty much have all of them minus a few rares.
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3500
#26 Posted: 04:37:51 05/08/2015
Nintendo Power did an article on SSA and I was really interested by this whole toys-to-lie technology. I knew who Spyro was but never played his games so his inclusion didn't phase me. While debating to get it, I asked my friend who had SSA on 3ds. He told me to "wait for Giants." "Giants?" "Yeah it's the new one." "Ohhhh boy, I see where they're going with this franchise..." So I got the 3ds version for Christmas of 2012, and after wondering why the heck Thumpback or Ninjini were no where to be found I came to darkSpyro to learn about waves. Then Swap Force was announced and I knew they were gonna milk this thing HARD, and I'm gonna eat up every drop of it xD. The rest is history.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me