Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Calling all whovians [CLOSED]
TTD Hunter Gems: 6222
#1 Posted: 22:35:17 09/07/2015 | Topic Creator
It's here...
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#2 Posted: 23:17:44 09/07/2015
Whoa.
Now I'm excited, I feel like this is going to be better than Season 8, even though, that's the same way I felt when I saw the Season 8 trailer, and, it was quite disappointing >..>

I've heard rumors of Davros coming back?..
StriderSwag Gold Sparx Gems: 2769
#3 Posted: 23:30:38 09/07/2015
I'll watch the show again when Moffat stops being the show runner.
huge dotd freak Emerald Sparx Gems: 3354
#4 Posted: 23:42:48 09/07/2015
I thought it said "calling all whores"
---
Do you not like my mouth words?
#5 Posted: 00:14:49 10/07/2015
Quote: huge dotd freak

then the topic would still apply to me
Philomena Blue Sparx Gems: 959
#6 Posted: 01:49:00 10/07/2015
Quote: StriderSwag

The topic would more readily apply to me.

As it is, I'm still behind on my Dr. Who stuff. Season 8 might actually be where I'm at. Only watched a few episodes and got too confused what was going on to continue watching it.
---
Don't worry, I'm a qualified Reactor Operator. I can handle this situation.
#7 Posted: 01:55:14 10/07/2015
Quote: Philomena

As it is, I'm still behind on my Dr. Who stuff. Season 8 might actually be where I'm at. Only watched a few episodes and got too confused what was going on to continue watching it.

To be completely honest, don't bother with anything past the second season of 11, Amy, and Rory. After that, everything went to absolute **** because Moffat doesn't know how to write good characters and probably jacks off into plot holes.
#8 Posted: 02:26:05 10/07/2015

To be completely honest, don't bother with anything past the second season of 11, Amy, and Rory. After that, everything went to absolute **** because Moffat doesn't know how to write good characters and probably jacks off into plot holes.

I saw through the end of Amy and Rory. They were pretty good companions if a bit meh at times.
I thought Moffat did most of the writing ever since like half way through Tennant... In fact I vaguely remember my dad mentioning having gotten interested in the current series of Doctor Who because Moffat was one of the writers, but lost interest as Moffat became more prominent, which I thought was around that time.
---
#9 Posted: 02:33:50 10/07/2015

I saw through the end of Amy and Rory. They were pretty good companions if a bit meh at times.
I thought Moffat did most of the writing ever since like half way through Tennant... In fact I vaguely remember my dad mentioning having gotten interested in the current series of Doctor Who because Moffat was one of the writers, but lost interest as Moffat became more prominent, which I thought was around that time.

Agreed on the first point.
Moffat did a few Tennant episodes, and most of Smith, but once Clara was introduced, its like he lost all writing skill whatsoever. He basically controls the show now, and it's absolutely terrible. Don't get me wrong, Capaldi and Coleman are GREAT actors, it's just that the writing is absolute garbage. The only episode of this season I actually plan on watching is the one with Maisie Reynolds (Arya Stark in Game of Thrones if you didn't know), because I think Maisie Reynolds is pretty great, but since Moffat is writing the episode, her acting ability will probably be squandered by Moffat's subpar writing.
Rendar Platinum Sparx Gems: 6473
#10 Posted: 04:14:40 10/07/2015
I'm tired of Moffat but there are still some good stories each season and Capaldi is brilliant. I'm hoping the woman the Doctor says, "You?!" to turns out to be Romana or Susan but I doubt it. If it's River or Jenny from the Doctor's Daughter I'll be mad but otherwise I'm excited to see what happens.

I wish Capaldi was given more creative control because he wants to bring back stuff from an era of Doctor Who I love. (60's- early 70's Doctor Who) I don't really know what to think from what I've seen so far though.

I also do hope Davros comes back too. He is usually great. I wouldn't mind seeing him in an episode without any Dalek's because Davros alone can be so terrifying. I don't think we will ever see that though.
Lunarz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3328
#11 Posted: 07:17:19 10/07/2015
I was hoping it was Jenny or Susan,i'm not sure why you don't want it to be Jenny... liked her and there was a lot of demand for her return, eh.

Well There were a few good episodes last series, such as Mummy and Robots, Time Heist was p aight too, but the others were garbage tbh

However looking at the writers for this series such as Toby Whithouse, I think we could be in for something akin to Tennent or early Smith era, I really hope. The teaser actually has me excited again for Doctor Who!!!!! I stopped caring in series 8 but now I'm pumped again! I think if Moffat just sits back and let's others do thing it will be fine, but if he's writing on episodes bleeehhh

Thankfully Mark Gatiss has an episode in this, and knowing Mark Gatiss it should be an excellent episode, i really wish that Gatiss was showrunner, he would do sooooooooooo much better ugh, like Moffat knows everyone hates him, I don't know why he doesn't change his ways or step down

[User Posted Image]
---
Lanky Kong saved me despite having no style nor grace.
Greeble Emerald Sparx Gems: 4276
#12 Posted: 09:30:03 10/07/2015

Matt Smith died and became Peter Capaldi.

That's it in a nutshell.
---
^ You all know it's true
#13 Posted: 12:09:20 10/07/2015
Quote: Greeble

That's it in a nutshell.

[User Posted Image]

How dare you.
---
#14 Posted: 12:10:50 10/07/2015
Quote: Greeble

That's it in a nutshell.

[User Posted Image]

How dare you.

You know you want a peek at my little blue book smilie
---
^ You all know it's true
Rendar Platinum Sparx Gems: 6473
#15 Posted: 16:05:30 10/07/2015
Quote: Lunarz
I was hoping it was Jenny or Susan,i'm not sure why you don't want it to be Jenny... liked her and there was a lot of demand for her return, eh.

Well There were a few good episodes last series, such as Mummy and Robots, Time Heist was p aight too, but the others were garbage tbh

However looking at the writers for this series such as Toby Whithouse, I think we could be in for something akin to Tennent or early Smith era, I really hope. The teaser actually has me excited again for Doctor Who!!!!! I stopped caring in series 8 but now I'm pumped again! I think if Moffat just sits back and let's others do thing it will be fine, but if he's writing on episodes bleeehhh

Thankfully Mark Gatiss has an episode in this, and knowing Mark Gatiss it should be an excellent episode, i really wish that Gatiss was showrunner, he would do sooooooooooo much better ugh, like Moffat knows everyone hates him, I don't know why he doesn't change his ways or step down

I was never a huge fan of Jenny. She is fine for a single episode but I don't think it would make sense to bring her back now when there are so many other great characters we could bring back instead. I mean... Fine, bring her back in an audio story or a book or something but for the show? It's been too long. I'm starting to think it's just another new character though, related to the girl who died and the woman who lived.
#16 Posted: 16:13:26 10/07/2015
My guess would be Susan since he thinks Jenny is dead.

It's possible he went back to check on Susan after he left her.
---
^ You all know it's true
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me