Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > SEGA appologises to fans after 10 years of disappointment
Page 1 of 1
SEGA appologises to fans after 10 years of disappointment [CLOSED]
WFLD Emerald Sparx Gems: 3600
#1 Posted: 12:23:47 08/07/2015 | Topic Creator
I was just casually browsing Facebook when this page came up in my feed from UNILAD.

http://www.unilad.co.uk/articl...disappointment/

It seems that SEGA has acknowledged the years of let-downs with their latest titles, and now seeks to redeem itself in the hopes of a better future and better relations with their consumer base. It would be interesting to see how they plan to do so, potentially leading to the release of better titles in the future (or their complete and utter demise).

I'm not really a big SEGA fan myself (although I play lots of Total War which is published by SEGA, but that's the extent of my relations to the company), so how do you take this?
DummyZ Gold Sparx Gems: 2844
#2 Posted: 13:21:05 08/07/2015
SKIES OF ARCADIA REMAKE PLS

IT'S POTENTIAL <3
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#3 Posted: 13:47:39 08/07/2015
They've put out statements like this before, so it may not mean much.

However, I'm not entirely sure what they mean to begin with. I can only assume they are specifically referring to the Sonic franchise for the most part, as most of their missteps are to do with that. And even then, most of the games got mixed to positive reception. The only ones that got a completely negative reception were Sonic '06 and Rise of Lyric (even Shadow the Hedgehog was merely considered mediocre). And there has been a backlash to Sonic Runners lately, though it's not because the game itself is bad, it's due to how it handles the F2P mechanics.

And outside of the Sonic franchise, they've actually been doing quite well. Aliens: Colonial Marines was their only big blunder, and they already redeemed themselves with Alien: Isolation. The Total War games are doing excellently, along with any other PC games and mobile games they have been putting out.

It's also possible they are simply referring to the neglect of their other classic IPs from Sonic Team besides Sonic, Super Monkey Ball, Phantasy Star, and Puyo Puyo Pop (it's insanely popular in Japan, I believe). But that isn't even totally on them. Sonic Team put out a NiGHTS sequel, it was very well done and fun to play, yet nobody bought it. It's no wonder they rarely touch these IPs beyond their main 4.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
Spyro Fanatic Hunter Gems: 12141
#4 Posted: 16:34:55 08/07/2015
Only ten years?
Will171717 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1208
#5 Posted: 18:45:17 08/07/2015
^this guy amirite?
---
henlo
MagicFizz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3551
#6 Posted: 20:21:37 08/07/2015
I have mixed feelings.

But I mostly agree with sb.
---
My life is complete.
StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 6533
#7 Posted: 20:53:34 08/07/2015
I don't know. They recently announce Sonic Dash 2 with the Sonic Boom paintjob so with Sega, one hand doesn't know what the other is doing.
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#8 Posted: 21:55:05 08/07/2015
Quote: StevemacQ
I don't know. They recently announce Sonic Dash 2 with the Sonic Boom paintjob so with Sega, one hand doesn't know what the other is doing.

The original Sonic Dash achieved over 100 Million downloads (they made it F2P not long after release), and the Sonic Boom show and toyline is highly successful too.

It makes complete sense for them to make a Sonic Dash sequel themed after Sonic Boom since it's basically combining two of their most successful brands right now. And SEGA did say they would be having an increased focus on the mobile and PC market as opposed to consoles.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
Underian Emerald Sparx Gems: 3095
#9 Posted: 04:54:08 09/07/2015
i was never a big fan of the games after Sonic '06 (Sonic Adventure 2 being on of my favourite games of all time due to how much fun i have with it). I'm just hoping the series doesn't die for good and they start making games that appeal much more.
IsisStormDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 7127
#10 Posted: 05:25:32 09/07/2015
I'm a bitter Phantasy Star fan and I'm posting just to post this fact.

Not really sure how to feel about this claim from Sega, however.

Just... Dear god, Phantasy Star.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me