Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > The Final Fantasy VII remake is doomed.
Page 1 of 1
The Final Fantasy VII remake is doomed. [CLOSED]
StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 6533
#1 Posted: 10:59:16 08/07/2015 | Topic Creator
I think this video sums up Square-Enix's current situation.

Apparently, Tetsuya didn't realise he was to direct the Final Fantasy VII remake until he saw his name on the announcement trailer. How screwed up it that? It's like when XIII's debut trailer and half the team making it didn't know about it. Except this time, it's the director who didn't know. The DIRECTOR! What's worse is that it's Tetsuya Nomura, who spent so much time trying to make FFXV and Kingdom hearts for a long time, is probably mad in the head and Square-Enix pulled him out of XV to make KHIII but now they want him to do this? And without his consent.

Doomed, doomed, doomed, doomed, doomed, DOOOOOOOMMMMMED.
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#2 Posted: 11:18:39 08/07/2015
This happens with Sakurai and Smash Bros all of the time.

It's a bad move on SE's part, but it doesn't equal a doomed game.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
DummyZ Gold Sparx Gems: 2844
#3 Posted: 13:23:06 08/07/2015
Quote: sonicbrawler182
This happens with Sakurai and Smash Bros all of the time.

It's a bad move on SE's part, but it doesn't equal a doomed game.

Not necessarilly, yes. But it doesn't help SE's case.
#4 Posted: 13:35:34 08/07/2015
That's exactly what I said. :V

It's a potentially bad move, but it doesn't doom anything.

For the record, being the director doesn't always mean having an active role. I wouldn't be surprised if Nomura is taking a backseat on FFXV at this point.
---
StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 6533
#5 Posted: 14:42:50 08/07/2015 | Topic Creator
Yeah but Nomura usually takes a good while and being quite about it doesn't help. At least Tabata has been giving us more insight to XV's development and I hope this year's Gamescom will reinforce it.
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#6 Posted: 14:56:25 08/07/2015
It's okay. I'm sure we'll be waiting until the PS5 and Xbox Two for this game, anyway. <.<
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
StriderSwag Gold Sparx Gems: 2769
#7 Posted: 17:05:33 08/07/2015
Oh my god

It's not like the remake has a set date yet or anything. For all we know it could be years before it comes out, and this was just the reveal to everyone, just like Doom did a few years back.
#8 Posted: 21:57:00 08/07/2015
Quote: StriderSwag
Oh my god

It's not like the remake has a set date yet or anything. For all we know it could be years before it comes out, and this was just the reveal to everyone, just like Doom did a few years back.

Yeah that was pretty much the theme of Sony's conference - yeah they showed/confirmed stuff people have been waiting on for years, but they aren't releasing for a long time.
---
StriderSwag Gold Sparx Gems: 2769
#9 Posted: 22:07:48 08/07/2015
Quote: sonicbrawler182
Quote: StriderSwag
Oh my god

Yeah that was pretty much the theme of Sony's conference - yeah they showed/confirmed stuff people have been waiting on for years, but they aren't releasing for a long time.

That was pretty much every E3 conference save for Nintendo's, and theirs wasn't even good.
We have to wait a pretty long time for any actual good content out of developers, save for Star Wars Battlefront, Fallout 4, and possibly Unravel or No Man's Sky.
#10 Posted: 22:09:24 08/07/2015
Microsoft was an inbetween IMO - most of their stuff is coming out close enough and it's mostly solid stuff, but not much that made people lose their ****.
---
OnionCakes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1810
#11 Posted: 22:20:38 08/07/2015
I love that you come up with all these Doom and Gloom Threads.

This news is already rather old. And he had been helping with the ideas before hand as said in his interview. He just didn't know he'd be heading the project when the time COMES. Which means they AREN'T even really working on it, and when they are then he'll be manning it.

That's it.

This isn't somthing like OMG WE'VE ALREADY MADE HALF THE GAME AND HE DIDN'T KNOW HE WAS SUPPOSSED TO HELP OMGWTFBBQ!!1!11ONE!
---
Check out my boyfriends Skylander ARTWORK
http://forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=108425
http://jacob-a-sweet.tumblr.com/
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#12 Posted: 22:36:18 08/07/2015
Quote: StevemacQ
Yeah but Nomura usually takes a good while and being quite about it doesn't help. At least Tabata has been giving us more insight to XV's development and I hope this year's Gamescom will reinforce it.

The game isn't even in full blown development yet. It's still in pre-development to get all concepts out of the way. It barely has about 6-10 months of "development" anyway.
---
words. letters. filler.
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#13 Posted: 01:58:20 09/07/2015
I agree with pretty much what everyone has said before me. I would also like to add that it's not like they're making a brand new game or anything; it's just a remake and hence it wouldn't take as much effort. I know that this remake is harder than most since it's pretty much making a new game and making new models and stuff rather than updating graphics from a previous version, but it's not like they have to come up with a brand new story or make up new character designs or make up new environments anything, so it's not as much as a difficult project as a new game would be, since they have the PS1 version as a 'base'.
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:58:54 09/07/2015 by DarkCynder_543
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#14 Posted: 03:05:27 09/07/2015
Quote: DarkCynder_543
I agree with pretty much what everyone has said before me. I would also like to add that it's not like they're making a brand new game or anything; it's just a remake and hence it wouldn't take as much effort. I know that this remake is harder than most since it's pretty much making a new game and making new models and stuff rather than updating graphics from a previous version, but it's not like they have to come up with a brand new story or make up new character designs or make up new environments anything, so it's not as much as a difficult project as a new game would be, since they have the PS1 version as a 'base'.

Well they have a story director on board, and if they weren't adding/changing story elements, they wouldn't be needing him.
---
words. letters. filler.
#15 Posted: 07:24:21 09/07/2015
^ Wait... they're changing it, like the battle system and stuff?

I should have known, dammit. I was hoping they wouldn't change it so much. >__<
---
#16 Posted: 11:08:48 09/07/2015
Quote: DarkCynder_543
^ Wait... they're changing it, like the battle system and stuff?

I should have known, dammit. I was hoping they wouldn't change it so much. >__<

The original FFVII was mostly made up of pre-rendered environmental images. For the remake, they will have to redo everything from scratch, and it's likely the camera will be over the shoulder like in FFXIII and FFXV. So fundamentally, the game is going to be a lot different.

Remakes aren't easy tasks, as they are being done from the ground up. The original FFVII ages horribly, so of course they are updating it.
---
#17 Posted: 01:30:25 10/07/2015
^ I guess you're right when you put it that way. Shows how much I know about game development lmao. Also I guess I shouldn't be complaining about changing the battle system since I've never been a fan of turn-based games unless it's Pokemon.

I guess I will just have to wait and see how this plays out.
---
#18 Posted: 22:26:21 10/07/2015
I don't think they'll change the battle system (at most I think they will just tweak some things that were broken about the original - rebalance it, more or less). The environments are the main thing that will be changed, since they absolutely have to. And I can definitely see them tweaking elements of the story, since it will most definitely have voice acting this time around, meaning lines will have to be redone.
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me