Page 1 of 4 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4
Dark Edition Starter Pack?
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#1 Posted: 11:18:46 06/07/2015 | Topic Creator
The italian Skylanders' Facebook page just posted this pic with what looks to be Hot Streak and Barrel Blaster covered by some veils:

https://www.facebook.com/skyla...?type=1&theater

"Beware Portal Masters! Something really dark is coming..."

So... Could this be the first concrete proof of a Dark Edition Starter Pack...?

EDIT: actually I'm not that sure that's Barrel Blaster.
The yellow light seems to imply it but... It shouldn't be so close to the floor and the general shape doesn't resemble it too much.
Could be a new vehicle.

We'll see.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 11:53:16 06/07/2015 by Drek95
Blink182Bouncer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1659
#2 Posted: 11:29:30 06/07/2015
If it is I'm hype!!!
---
Still Waiting For Legendary Tom DeLonge To Come In The Blink-182 Triple Pack.
WHY DID THEY MAKE MATT SKIBA "CALIFORNIA EDITION EXCLUSIVE"
melvimbe Yellow Sparx Gems: 1327
#3 Posted: 12:01:39 06/07/2015
I hope not. I'd rather not have a dark edition and a dark element. And we don't know for sure that that's hot streak and barrel blaster, although it seems likely given the shape and the areas of light shining through. We honestly don't know if this is for the starter pack either.

Let's assume for a minute that you are 100% correct. Why is there no sheet covered DK or Spitfire..or Stealth Elf? Most likely, because they aren't cars, and car covers are for cars, not for living creatures. However, perhaps this time, only the vehicles are dark? That avoid confusion so that there are no new dark characters that are not dark element. The dark vehicles could actually be dark element. And honestly, I don't know that DK and Spitfire would look very good in dark. We already have a dark Stealth Elf. Then again, they could just go with dark edition and dark element, assuming people won't get confused since they did it this way for TT. (this will be one of those things kids understand, but parents struggle with).

Personally, I'd like to see a new special edition. Gold, silver...nitro.
#4 Posted: 12:09:19 06/07/2015 | Topic Creator
I honestly don't care, never bought a Dark Starter Pack and never will.

But while I do agree that the one on the left doesn't look that much like Barrel Blaster the other is definitely Hot Streak.

Maybe they didn't show their SuperChargers because as always they are focusing first on vehicles and then on characters... Or maybe as you said only the vehicles have different colors to avoid confusions between Dark infused Skylanders and Dark Element Skylanders.

Just wanted to share it with you.
They are definitely up to something since we already know at least one of those vehicles.
No need to cover it if not to hide some aesthetic differences.
And the caption seems to hint at it, soooo...
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Skylanders fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3952
#5 Posted: 12:10:06 06/07/2015
Quote: melvimbe
I hope not. I'd rather not have a dark edition and a dark element. And we don't know for sure that that's hot streak and barrel blaster, although it seems likely given the shape and the areas of light shining through. We honestly don't know if this is for the starter pack either.

Let's assume for a minute that you are 100% correct. Why is there no sheet covered DK or Spitfire..or Stealth Elf? Most likely, because they aren't cars, and car covers are for cars, not for living creatures. However, perhaps this time, only the vehicles are dark? That avoid confusion so that there are no new dark characters that are not dark element. The dark vehicles could actually be dark element. And honestly, I don't know that DK and Spitfire would look very good in dark. We already have a dark Stealth Elf. Then again, they could just go with dark edition and dark element, assuming people won't get confused since they did it this way for TT. (this will be one of those things kids understand, but parents struggle with).

Personally, I'd like to see a new special edition. Gold, silver...nitro.

I just want a collector edition with both spitfire,dk,an bowser for nintendo and diveclops,spitfire,and stormblade for everybody else that would be cool!
---
Yep still around just not posting much anymore
skylandsfan Platinum Sparx Gems: 5289
#6 Posted: 12:19:41 06/07/2015
I think the second vehicle kind of looks like the sea shadow. I might end up getting this but I really don't know. If I would get it, I'd have to buy it October first to have the money.
---
My life will not be complete until I own Sun Dragon
Popblah1gaming Green Sparx Gems: 182
#7 Posted: 12:27:56 06/07/2015
I think its sea shadow
---
Hi
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#8 Posted: 12:36:18 06/07/2015
I doubt it's Barrel Blaster, like highly doubt it. That car has a head light on it's side while BB has one on top the engine. Not to mention it's missing the attenna.

I also think Nintendo wouldn't want a Dark Donkey Kong.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
ultyzaus Yellow Sparx Gems: 1700
#9 Posted: 13:12:48 06/07/2015
It really seems like Sea Shadow. We can even see the shape of the right ski casting a shadow over the yellow light.
---
http://ultyzarus.deviantart.com/
223/254, 17 superchargers, 14 vehicles
Characters missing: Rocky Roll, Splat, Nightfall, Thrillipede
#10 Posted: 13:20:06 06/07/2015 | Topic Creator
Yeah after looking at it a bit it definitely looks like Sea Shadow.

Maybe this year's Dark Edition might come with Nightfall and her vehicle, a truly new Dark Element Skylander and then Dark Hot Streak and possibly Dark Spitfire.

To be honest the pictures we have of Nightfall really makes her look like a Dark infused Dark Element Skylander (oh, good Eon).
Silver, black, purple... And not a trace of Blackout and Knight Mare's pearlized green.

Maybe the pictures truly depict Dark Nightfall on board of a regular Sea Shadow.

What do you think?
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:26:09 06/07/2015 by Drek95
#11 Posted: 13:28:45 06/07/2015
Could be. Anyways, I do hope it is a Dark starter pack with Dark Spitfire/Hot Streak and Nightfall / Sea Shadow. This way I wouldn't end up with two SSStealth Elves if I want both the WiiU and Ps4 games.
---
#12 Posted: 13:34:07 06/07/2015 | Topic Creator
Ah, don't worry about that.

I'm sure Dark Super Shot Stealth Elf will be there, they simply didn't put her helicopter because it hasn't been officially revealed yet.

Why would they not put their true love in there too...? smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#13 Posted: 13:36:45 06/07/2015
At least it would be a Dark version, not an exact duplicate. Works for me as I try collecting all in-game variants, but it would suck for others who really want only one of each.
---
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
#14 Posted: 13:55:57 06/07/2015
Actually, I'm more interested that the vehicles are glowing like that. Perhaps they'll have lightcore vehicles or something to that effect? Or did they always have glowing parts and I only noticed it now?
---
Stay Cool!
#15 Posted: 14:01:59 06/07/2015 | Topic Creator
I don't think vehicles glow.

They simply made some parts glow in that picture because they wanted to hint at which vehicles are under the veils and also because they most likely are artworks not physical toys.
The flaming wheels of Hot Streak and the central "reactor" of Sea Shadow do emit light in the artworks.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#16 Posted: 14:42:23 06/07/2015
It's hard to get excited about packaging. Finally glad they're trickling more "news", but we've had it now three years straight so everyone more or less expects it now.

Pretty sure they are not including a console exclusive in the starter pack...otherwise they are really working hard to piss off the other console owners.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:43:20 06/07/2015 by TakeYourLemons
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#17 Posted: 15:14:20 06/07/2015
Seriously, this took way too long for them to announce.

Seriously; I'm torn. May just have to skip out on this because I've already got a 3DS and Wii U pack on preorder

Also; There's NO way at all that the other vehicle is the Sea Shadow. It's much wider than that. It's almost definitely the Barrel Blaster.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#18 Posted: 15:38:24 06/07/2015
I haven't preordered the Wii U Starter Pack. So I'm pretty sure that when they stated, "Beware Portal Masters! Something really dark is coming...", then I must assume the obvious.
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#19 Posted: 15:56:16 06/07/2015
Quote: Matteomax

Also; There's NO way at all that the other vehicle is the Sea Shadow. It's much wider than that. It's almost definitely the Barrel Blaster.

Only one way to find out. To Photoshop!

[User Posted Image]

Actually, yes, it's still possible. The outline itself fits like a glove, though one tip might've been taken out so the shape was a little more amiguous.
Now, for Barrel Blaster...

[User Posted Image]

Even if I shrink it a bit more, the back of the car is too big and the angle of the vehicle model is even larger than Sea Shadow - not to mention that handle would've showed up in the outline.
So Sea Shadow it is,guys.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:57:26 06/07/2015 by Bifrost
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#20 Posted: 15:58:22 06/07/2015
Quote: Bifrost

Only one way to find out. To Photoshop!

[User Posted Image]

Actually, yes, it's still possible. The outline itself fits like a glove.
Now, for Barrel Blaster...

[User Posted Image]

Even if I shrink it a bit more, the back of the car is too big and the angle of the vehicle model is even larger than Sea Shadow.
So Sea Shadow it is,guys.

Well I'd say that all you confirmed there was that it isn't barrel blaster. It could be an unannounced vehicle, you never know.
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
#21 Posted: 15:59:40 06/07/2015

There's no way it's Barrel Blaster, BB is not large enouth and don'at have that "tail" part sticking out at the back; also the light is much higher.:
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
However, Sea Shadow's shape fits perfectly...
[User Posted Image]

but Hot Streak is obvious
[User Posted Image]
---
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#22 Posted: 16:09:15 06/07/2015
Seriously, this took way too long for them to announce.

Seriously; I'm torn. May just have to skip out on this because I've already got a 3DS and Wii U pack on preorder

In the unlikely event it is, then they've given the Microsoft and Sony console owners the shaft twice. The marketing guy needs to go back to clown school if that's the case. Luckily, the aforementioned Photoshop sleuthing makes it plausible that it is not the monkey or koopa king's ride.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 16:10:08 06/07/2015 by TakeYourLemons
#23 Posted: 16:16:28 06/07/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: TakeYourLemons
It's hard to get excited about packaging. Finally glad they're trickling more "news", but we've had it now three years straight so everyone more or less expects it now.

Pretty sure they are not including a console exclusive in the starter pack...otherwise they are really working hard to piss off the other console owners.

Nah I'm confident whichever vehicle it's inside here it will also be sold separately as a regular version.
Unless they do create two different Dark Edition Starter Packs, one with (Dark?) Sea Shadow and the other with Dark Barrel Blaster.

They already pissed off the non-Nintendo console owners, no need to make more bad decisions. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#24 Posted: 16:17:12 06/07/2015
Ummm is this real? https://instagram.com/p/4zQF3Pqf8p/ [User Posted Image]
---
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#25 Posted: 16:19:14 06/07/2015
Quote: skylandsfan

Looks like the special Kaos Trap but with horns that are covered?

Hmmm. I wonder what that means.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#26 Posted: 16:19:55 06/07/2015
Doesn't look like it. Looked it up and it shows nowhere on google. But to be this drawn(since that cloth is made especially for that shape) this fast? Might be just the artists screwing around with existing stuff.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 16:21:04 06/07/2015 by Bifrost
#27 Posted: 16:22:37 06/07/2015 | Topic Creator
Eeeeeh... I'd say yes. smilie

Great catch... It almost looks like Kaos' trap but the shape is quite different.
Doesn't look like a Skylander... Could be a vehicle...?

Maybe the Doomstation of Ultimate Doomstruction?

I know they said it wouldn't have been released as a toy but they also said there would have been no Gates inside the game, right...? :/
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
dark52 Spyro the Admin Gems: 13873
#28 Posted: 16:30:33 06/07/2015
That's on the official UK Skylanders Facebook page.
---
If for any reason you're not completely satisfied, I hate you.
#29 Posted: 16:32:04 06/07/2015
Really weird,none of those two showed up on the US one,which usually gets at least one post per day. Guess we'll have to keep an eye out for the other languages to find stuff from now on as well.
---
#30 Posted: 16:32:10 06/07/2015
The eyes seem too small to be Kaos/Kaos trap. I thoug about a dark Pop Fizz, but the neither the body nor eye shape match.
---
Portal___Master Emerald Sparx Gems: 3718
#31 Posted: 16:38:18 06/07/2015
None of the current pictures of the vehicles' angles really "fit" under the sheets when positioned up with the lights, not even Hot Streak, perhaps the vehicles in question are positioned a bit differently...

[img][User Posted Image][/img]

---
smilie
Guinness Book of World Records holder for Largest SkyLanders Collection.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/SkyLandersCollectorsGroup
#32 Posted: 16:39:29 06/07/2015
I literally just made pictures like these a few posts above ._.
---
#33 Posted: 16:39:57 06/07/2015 | Topic Creator
What if that's Dark SuperCharger Spyro...?

He seems to have some kind of snout, has some "horns" and could have his wings slightly open.
Don't know about that symbol on his forehead but he is a "brand new character" after all.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#34 Posted: 16:41:18 06/07/2015
Try making Hot Streak a bit smaller...
---
#35 Posted: 16:43:00 06/07/2015
Quote: Drek95
What if that's Dark SuperCharger Spyro...?

He seems to have some kind of snout, has some "horns" and could have his wings slightly open.
Don't know about that symbol on his forehead but he is a "brand new character" after all.

I thought about that a while ago but it didn't make sense to me. It actually COULD be him. I don't like the idea of a 3rd Dark Spyro though.
---
Portal___Master Emerald Sparx Gems: 3718
#36 Posted: 16:44:06 06/07/2015
LOL didnt see that Bifrost, I should have been paying attention in work's meeting instead. haha
---
smilie
Guinness Book of World Records holder for Largest SkyLanders Collection.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/SkyLandersCollectorsGroup
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#37 Posted: 17:00:26 06/07/2015
...Maybe we'll be able to capture Kaos again after it's all said and done?

..Or maybe he's still stuck in the crystal and was warped to Skylands?
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:01:10 06/07/2015 by Matteomax
#38 Posted: 17:02:19 06/07/2015
Well, without Traptanium of his own he can't destroy the trap permanently - maybe there's some tradeoff and if he gets cut from whatever gives him the power to leave he goes straight back to it.
---
#39 Posted: 17:03:43 06/07/2015 | Topic Creator
It might not be the exact same picture we already own but the one on the right is Hot Streak.

The other may be an incredibly similar Sea Shadow shaped vehicle... But I don't think so.

Looking again at the other picture it is definitely Kaos related.
The symbol and marks on his face are the same and I think I might even see one of his teeth sticking out of his mouth.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
TTD Hunter Gems: 6201
#40 Posted: 17:21:59 06/07/2015
Skylandsfan sent me a photo of the 'kaos' teaser that he edited to increase the brightness. If you look closely, you may be able to see a bit more than the initial teaser.
[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]
#41 Posted: 18:04:21 06/07/2015 | Topic Creator
The part you zoomed on seems to show a neck with head sticking out of some kind of dress.
Really, REALLY looks like Kaos' robe.

I have a theory.
I think we can agree it isn't a Skylander.
I doubt it's a vehicle.
Unlikely it's a trap...

Could it be an Adventure Piece?
Or even a "Racing Piece" since we know of the existence of Racing Packs.
Maybe a Kaos' shaped statue which would bring us to the Outlands...?
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:09:37 06/07/2015 by Drek95
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3860
#42 Posted: 18:06:29 06/07/2015
Dark edition is confirmed pretty much
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#43 Posted: 18:13:51 06/07/2015
Quote: skylandersspyro
Dark edition is confirmed pretty much

We already know.

At least this page came from an official Skylanders page and not an instagram account filled with fake content.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:19:09 06/07/2015 by Aura24
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#44 Posted: 18:38:05 06/07/2015
Query: Do we know what the Kaos trap will do in SuperChargers?

We've been told that the traps will work with the new game and that they will power-up vehicles of the same element.
With no "Kaos Element", this would make the Kaos trap near useless (aside from unlocking Kaos in this year's Skystones).

What if we finally got a Kaos figure and a vehicle to go with him (that, of course, his trap would power-up)?

Just a thought.
LittleWizard Yellow Sparx Gems: 1715
#45 Posted: 19:22:20 06/07/2015
I think it might be Kaos' Clone.
They probably created it in case he does get trapped.
And he was.
---
****ing hell its been a long time
FrozenLionheart Blue Sparx Gems: 779
#46 Posted: 19:43:42 06/07/2015
According to GAME, they are announcing whats in the dark edition pack tomorrow was said on twitter hopefully...its at a decent time so I can pre-order, as long as we get it on the xbox one in the UK this time I'd be happy....
#47 Posted: 20:53:03 06/07/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: UncleBob
Query: Do we know what the Kaos trap will do in SuperChargers?

We've been told that the traps will work with the new game and that they will power-up vehicles of the same element.
With no "Kaos Element", this would make the Kaos trap near useless (aside from unlocking Kaos in this year's Skystones).

What if we finally got a Kaos figure and a vehicle to go with him (that, of course, his trap would power-up)?

Just a thought.

Lou confirmed the Kaos Trap will grant a special Kaos Element boost just like the other ones, in one of the first SkyKids' videos about SuperChargers.

But this doesn't exclude the possibility of getting a figure of him and his vehicle at all.
Yes, they did said the Doomstation of Ultimate Doomstruction wouldn't get a toy but apparently they changed their mind on a number of other different things.

Kaos uses a vehicle so maybe he became a SuperCharger too.
He was there along with Spyro, three "original" SuperChargers and the future revamped SuperChargers according to Rift into Overdrive's cover.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#48 Posted: 21:12:48 06/07/2015
What if we've never been fighting the real Kaos. The real Kaos has created a life model decoy of himself that we've been fighting all along. This means that we only now get to see the true face of Kaos and this time, he has horns.
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
moamahrimatoro Green Sparx Gems: 393
#49 Posted: 21:15:06 06/07/2015
Maybe Dark Edition Exlusive? If so, ugh
Skylanders fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3952
#50 Posted: 21:49:43 06/07/2015
I hope its a way to be able to still play as smilie
---
Yep still around just not posting much anymore
Page 1 of 4 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me