Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > Role Play > MLP FiM: Return of the Nightmare Mists
First | Previous | Page 5 of 13 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
MLP FiM: Return of the Nightmare Mists [CLOSED]
StoryGirl Gold Sparx Gems: 2593
#201 Posted: 16:52:44 19/08/2015
Arthur looked over at bridle seeing her stumble and he moved over holding her steady to help her from falling over. "I hoe they make it.." He said softly.
---
♥PEACE.LOVE.HATERS♥
Wyrstel Emerald Sparx Gems: 4341
#202 Posted: 19:20:14 19/08/2015
After walking a fair amount, I reach Flash Photography's side. Summoning a protective shield, I place it around her, telling her to go. I must do what I can for Arlon. He is nuts trying to take the magic from a place like this. It'll kill him. If anyone can help him, it me. My magic is strong and will protect me. Once I am sure the shield is up, I make my way toward Arlon. I am surrounding by unimaginable strong winds that will hurl anyone or anything that dares cause me harm, away so fast, that they won't even be able to cry out.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:23:24 19/08/2015 by Wyrstel
Sam15 Blue Sparx Gems: 754
#203 Posted: 20:41:44 19/08/2015
Bridle blushed a little when Arthur rushed so quickly to help her. "T-thanks". She focused again, keeping the spell ready to start and close. "They're running out of time". She warned.
---
"Why do you humans place so much value on housing your souls in your bodies? It's a complete mystery to me."
#204 Posted: 01:27:05 20/08/2015
"They'll make it." Arthur said. 'They have to make it' He thought. He was worried about everypony. He hated the idea of sacrifices and prayed that they would be able to stop the mist at its source.
---
♥PEACE.LOVE.HATERS♥
Spyro-Gamer Hunter Gems: 7322
#205 Posted: 02:48:45 20/08/2015 | Topic Creator
Flash Photography shook her head, coming back to her senses and tearing her eyes away from Arlon. She saw Prince Astrello walk towards the other alicorn. She ran forward, using some of her own magic on herself, grabbed the Prince's arm and pulled him back, rather harshly, over to where she was standing before.
"No!" The white unicorn yelled, looking at Prince Astrello, as another boom echoed around the castle. "Do not touch him! You can't interfere with this! He's more powerful than you think, he can do this! And we don't want another royal pony injured! Stay back here with me until Arlon is done!"

"Bridle, we have to get to the door." Starsong looked over at her. "We have to be ready to leave."

Another boom and shockwave rocked the castle. The magic inside the castle wasn't able to resist much longer. Arlon was breaking through it, ready to transfer it into his body.
ReshiramForever Platinum Sparx Gems: 5142
#206 Posted: 03:38:14 20/08/2015
Arlon glanced back at Flash Photography and Astrello, eyes narrowed almost boredly, before he returned his undivided attention to the task at hand.

The castle's magic wasn't overwhelming, especially when compared to an alicorn's usual magic, though it was actively defending itself against his trying to take it for himself.

Its efforts were in vain, but he could appreciate the magic's valient efforts to stave him off regardless. If he still had his domain, taking the magic would've provided little challenge. An alicorn without a domain was akin to that if a Nightmare, who chose to forsake and go against their destinies.

The core of the castle's magic writhed, before it was sundered by Arlon's unguided magic. Smirking, he dragged the rest of the harmonious magic towards himself, forcing it to submit to its new environment.

Different, conflicting magics held within one form was disorderly.

And how Arlon hated disorder.
---
self professed austGAYlian
#207 Posted: 04:04:38 20/08/2015 | Topic Creator
Flash Photography blinked as she watched the magic from the castle slowly fade and transfer into Arlon's body.

Silence fell across the room, and then suddenly, a larger shockwave and a delayed boom sounded, literally rocking the castle from side to side. A siren began to sound, and immediately the whole castle seemed to lose it's glow, due to the magic being taken, and the nightmare mist covering the outside of the castle.

Flash Photography stumbled sideways again, hitting the same large crystal again with the same shoulder, but it didn't hurt, due to Prince Astrello's protective shield. "Arlon, Prince Astrello, we have to get out of here!" She yelled, regaining her balance and rushing over to Arlon. "The nightmare mist is already attacking the castle!" Her horn glowed, ready to fire light attacks if any mist came near them. She ran towards the door and flung it open, already seeing mist trying to break through the doors the guard were trying to hold shut.
#208 Posted: 04:43:22 20/08/2015
I glare at Arlon as I see him drain the place of magic. Angrily I take off into the air, and land outside of the castle surrounded by my guards. This is despicable, Arlon will not get away with this. When the time comes he will pay from this.
#209 Posted: 05:20:32 20/08/2015
Arlon groaned, clutching his head with his silvery eyes fixed shut. The magic churned, fighting against what little native magic he had within himself, rainbow-hued aether leaking out of the corner of his eyes.

Careful, careful, he repeated to himself, relaxing and slowly drawing his hooves away and opening his eyes. Already, the magic felt like it was settling, distinctly different from his own yet no longer fighting him. Thinking it safe to dip into his new stores, his antlers alighted again with magic.

"For the record," Arlon replied to Flash Photography, "I'm not technically 'royal.'"
---
#210 Posted: 05:36:42 20/08/2015 | Topic Creator
"Oh, you heard me. Sorry, I knew I was supposed to stay quiet." Flash Photography said. "And I was referring to the prince being royal, since he is, because he might have gotten injured if he touched you." She looked down the hallway, where the mist was still trying to get in through the large entrance doors. "By the look on his face, he didn't seem too happy about what was happening." She looked back at Arlon. "Can you walk, or at least, walk fast? We've really got to get out of here now."

Rumbling noises filled the air. The nightmare mist creatures, with no magical barrier holding them back, were attacking the outside of the castle.
#211 Posted: 06:11:30 20/08/2015
"My mistake, then." Arlon shook his head, straightening. At his full height, he managed almost a full head above Celestia, his draconic heritage making itself known through his stature. "I'll deal with him later, then. Let's go."

He descended from the table quickly, debating whether he should bother wasting magic in order to reconjure the illusion of appearing relatively normal, or save the effort and just wander in his normal form.

Pausing, he glanced back, his head cocked at an angle. "Well? I believe the fun is just about to start."
---
#212 Posted: 13:46:33 20/08/2015
Bridle had her hooves planted, preventing her from shifting when the barriers fell as the mist closed in, some mananged to get close to the shield spell. "Yodoichi!" "I'm on it!". Her dragon familiar spit blue flames around the spell's outer circle that burned brightly enough to keep the mist at bay. "They have 10 seconds before i activate this barrier,". Bridle wasn't liking the odds so far.
---
"Why do you humans place so much value on housing your souls in your bodies? It's a complete mystery to me."
#213 Posted: 17:49:26 20/08/2015
"They will make it." Arthur insured. He was holding in his panic. he couldnt believe that this was actually happening.
---
♥PEACE.LOVE.HATERS♥
#214 Posted: 01:25:42 21/08/2015 | Topic Creator
The castle began to shake violently, cracks forming in the walls and large fragments of crystal falling down from the ceiling. Suddenly one of the castle doors broke open and mist began to pour in, rather slowly, much to everypony's surprise, as they thought the mist would've entered the castle like a tidal wave.

Flash Photography's horn lit up, ready to fire attacks if needed. "Come on!" she cried, running out the throne room, hoping Arlon was close behind. She then saw the others by the entrance door, ready to activate the shield.

Starsong saw Flash Photography and Arlon. "There they are!" she said.
"Hey, the prince guy isn't with us." Supercell tapped Bridle on the shoulder.
#215 Posted: 01:54:24 21/08/2015
She glanced at her. "I can't keep stalling this, he has a few more seconds until i activate this completely". Yodoich set up another flame ring, keeping the mist back but not for long.
---
#216 Posted: 02:09:01 21/08/2015
Arlon followed, a little slower than Flash Photography due to his additional bulk, staving back the encroaching mist with bright flashes from his antlers.

'Left! Left!' Ideas shouted.

The kirin glanced up as he heeded the voice's advice, noting the chunk of crystal that crashed down at the exact place where he would've been just a moment later.

Maybe an attentive conscience wasn't a bad idea. If only it wasn't so frustrating.
---
#217 Posted: 04:35:22 21/08/2015
Within a few minutes I appear with my companions/guards. I do not even look toward Arlon as I join them. My companions form a protective circle around me. I have told them everything. I remain silent as I stand with the group.
#218 Posted: 04:46:54 21/08/2015 | Topic Creator
Starsong noticed the space inside the shield was getting smaller. "Prince Astrello, you can't bring your guards with you! We don't have enough room inside the shield."
"We don't have bodyguards, so neither should he. Even if he is royalty." Supercell grumbled, hovering above the group, just below the top of the shield.

As Flash Photography raced towards the group she saw Prince Astrello and his guards step inside the shield, and realized there wasn't much room left for her and Arlon. "Make some room!" she cried. "Get the guards out! Arlon and I need to get in there!"
#219 Posted: 05:08:08 21/08/2015
I turn to my companions and they nod. I have given them an important job of gathering and evacuating all the ponies them can find and taking them to the underground sanctuary, where only I know where it is. My eyes burn with anger and my horn glows as a blast of magic smashes into Arlon, knocking him into the shield. I am not done with him, but it can wait till later. Summoning my own shield, I walk by myself. I do not want to be anywhere near Arlon.
#220 Posted: 05:27:44 21/08/2015 | Topic Creator
Starsong looked at Prince Astrello in his own shield. "Prince Astrello, why did you...?" The blue pegasus was cut off as Flash Photography skidded into the area of the shield and bumped into her.

More rumbling sounds filled the castle as it shook violently again. Mist drifted in through the open door and broken windows.
#221 Posted: 05:48:42 21/08/2015
I look toward the others briefly before looking away again. I do not feel like talking at all. Before I turn away they can see the glint of many falling tears streaming down my face.
#222 Posted: 05:51:23 21/08/2015
Arlon sweared loudly in a very familiar language as he was struck, collapsing forwards. He slid to the hooves of the other ponies within the shield, his broken horn sparking intermittently. Arlon managed to pull himself to one of his front hooves, his pointed teeth clenched in both pain and anger.

"That, my friend," he hissed, pupils narrowed to thin slits, "was a very, very bad decision."
---
#223 Posted: 06:23:11 21/08/2015 | Topic Creator
Starsong still had a worried look in her dark blue eyes. Her gaze switched between Arlon and Prince Astrello, not quite sure why the prince had attacked the other alicorn.

"You can...close the shield...Bridle..." Flash Photography panted, glancing up at her briefly. "When I've...got my breath back...I can...help hold the shield up...with some of my magic...if you want."
#224 Posted: 06:30:40 21/08/2015
I remove my shield and stand ready to fight. My horn glows brilliantly in the dark. It is time to teach this "Arlon" a lesson.

"Oh, was that supposed to scare me? I'm not afraid of you. Come out and fight, Arlon," I say, narrowing my eyes in fury.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:32:44 21/08/2015 by Wyrstel
#225 Posted: 06:54:32 21/08/2015
Arlon laughed coldly, staggering to his hooves. He towered over the smaller alicorn, lowering his head to Astrello's height.

'Don't do anything stupid.'

Watch me.

"Go ahead," he smirked, all anger gone from his expression and his still mildly-cheery voice, though his crackling mane hinted otherwise. "Go ahead, force my hoof, and remember that every wasted scrap of magic I throw at you is just another that will never make it back to this castle. Is this what you're so indignant about? It would be such a shame if I could never give back what I owe, wouldn't it?"
---
#226 Posted: 07:20:52 21/08/2015 | Topic Creator
"Why are you guys angry at each other?" Starsong asked, standing at the edge of the shield and looking at the two alicorns. "Astrello, why are you mad at him?"
"He looked mad...ever since Arlon started...taking the magic from the castle." Flash Photography said, still trying to catch her breath.
Starsong tilted her head. "Is that why you're mad, Astrello? But you heard the plan in the library about Arlon taking the magic, didn't you?"
#227 Posted: 12:13:13 21/08/2015
"We are beings with power to bend the world to our will, and all this one does is bicker and cry like a foal." Arlon said quietly, drawing back. "Well, frankly, I'm-"

His magic flared up again, a rolled-up letter with a black-and-white seal appearing in front of him. Arlon's eyes widened, catching the letter.

"Wait, hold that thought. I need to read this. Carry on."
---
#228 Posted: 12:31:35 21/08/2015
Bridle was fustrated as a vain nearly appeared on her forehead. "SHUT UP BOTH OF YOU! You can kill eachother later. If you guys take any longer I'll just do it myself!" Her voice was louder than usual, her eyes glew with an intense cyan aura and her magic seemed to spill out all in the room, some of which was black. She may not be an alicorn, but she was a formidable opponent none the less. "I'll give you two till the cound of three..." She started. "One...". She carried an intense echo in her voice, some of it honestly sounding sinister. Bridle's paitence was at its limit, and was running out of mercy. "Two...".
---
#229 Posted: 18:52:05 21/08/2015
I turn away from them all summoning a shield around myself and walking off, but before I do, I look deep into Arlon's eyes. There is pure hatred and distain in them. Why I am so upset over this, no one will know, lest they have the courage to enter my own shield and speak to me about it alone.

"Don't think this is over, and don't make the mistake of underestimating me," I say coldly, my eyes burning like white hot steel hot from the forge.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:28:14 11/12/2015 by Wyrstel
#230 Posted: 23:29:55 21/08/2015
"Likewise," Arlon replied distractedly, almost boredly. He broke the letter's seal, shaking the tightly-rolled paper straight for a moment or two. "You might want to tone down on the anger, though. It poisons our kind to the core. Nightmare Invictus is a notable example, or rather, Nightmare Moon?"

He glanced about at the other ponies for confirmation.

"Well, regardless, I feel better already." Arlon turned his eyes to the letter, reading quickly yet thoroughly. Contrasting the royal seal that denoted the writer having been the Queen of Equestria, the actual writing was messy, with the obvious air of a harried mare that wanted it sent back as soon as she could.

-

Arlon -

Thank god you're alright. I had begun to fear that maybe I- we had lost you.

A shade had been wandering Equestria for the three months you've been missing - a shade of Protocol. If you're missing your domain, I'm going to assume that this is it, driven by whatever else you left behind. Of the few times I've encountered it, it seems that all it wants is to become whole again. Do you still have all of your memories? I feared that it might've been you, killed and ripped to shreds by trying to bypass the worlds... I'll have to contain it. I have already told the rest that if it is found, it is not to be harmed.

Ioka... and Celestia and Luna are missing. Please don't put yourself in danger, Arlon. I don't want to lose you again, now that I've had this spark of hope.

Please don't do anything rash. I'll figure something out.

Write back as soon as you can,
- Niomedes
---
#231 Posted: 00:05:59 22/08/2015
Bridle closed the shield, but not after Arlon was in it. The mist curled around the shirld but came no closer. "I worked too hard on this not to use it" she huffed. Bridle didn't notice, but there was a marking on her back hoof that carried a symbol from where a part of the mist had touched her. "Are we ready to go now? I'm getting tired of time being wasted on you and Astrello...the situation was merely unavoidable, but at least we're a step closer to getting rid of this mist."
---
#232 Posted: 00:21:35 22/08/2015 | Topic Creator
OOC: I'm pretty sure Arlon stepped into the shield already.

Flash Photography looked at Bridle and cleared her throat. "Bridle, they argued for about 20 seconds. They haven't wasted much time. All of that just happened because Astrello attacked Arlon for no reason." She took a deep breath. "Now, do you want help holding the shield up, or not?"

"Can you guys not have a 'who is more powerful' contest?" Supercell looked between Astrello, Arlon, and Bridle. "We don't care who has the most power right now, or who can stop who. If you want to show off you power, use it on the mist."

Starsong sighed. The group was sure off to a great start. "Let's just...go..." she said weakly, watching as the next door burst open and more mist poured in, along with the guards running around, trying to gather the ponies together.
#233 Posted: 00:47:26 22/08/2015
Arlon laughed, looking up from the letter, though his face was noticeably pale underneath his dark coat. "Me, powerful? Of course not. Not in the straightforward manner, anyway. Well, I'm sick of this. Let's go."

He watched the guards, his expression creased. What his sister had written troubled him.

A shade. That's what my other half has become? A shade... I need to get back as soon as I can.
---
#234 Posted: 02:23:25 22/08/2015
Bridle took a breath. "You're right, my apologies...and no, the shield can sustain itself for about 3 days." She explained. "I guess we're off to the train station..." They began walking.
---
#235 Posted: 03:23:43 22/08/2015 | Topic Creator
"Alright." Flash Photography nodded and began to walk inside the space on the shield.

Some mist swirled around the shield, but since it found out it was not able to break through, it left them and begun attacking more of the castle. Chunks of crystal continued to fall from the ceiling and more cracks began to appear in the walls.

OOC: Would you all want to time-skip to the train station?
#236 Posted: 05:13:57 22/08/2015
OOC: I don't mind.

Arlon's tail flicked, the kirin snorting as he tossed back his fiery mane with a hint of arrogance, before following along.

In reality, the broken deity was a lot more stressed out than he made himself out to be.

Even when I'm trying to be a somewhat decent person, things are still turning out to be my fault, he thought quietly, listening for Ideas' response.

'Niomedes will figure something out,' Ideas replied, 'Then everything will be all right again, won't it?'

It's amazing how much more positive and upbeat you are than your real counterpart. Another thing that is my own fault, isn't it? I shouldn't have done what I did. I just wanted my freedom, Wheatley. Can you honestly blame me for wanting revenge against those tha condemned me to a millennium of isolation?

'No, I get it. I do. But it was really quite unnecessary, wasn't it? All you needed was collateral...'
---
#237 Posted: 05:51:06 22/08/2015
I say nothing, just silently walking beside the group. Tears continue to stream down my face, as I briefly look back at my aunt, Twilight Sparkle's home, being consumed by the mist. I hope that my companions managed to save some of the ponies inside from their fate. My anger is gone for now, but the pain of this all remains. Arlon is lucky that I managed to contain "Him" otherwise things could have gotten ugly. Even as we reach the train station I do not speak to any of them, though I wish to speak to at least one, I remain distant due to my pain.
#238 Posted: 07:20:58 22/08/2015
Arthur followed bridle having noticed the mark. His ears fell back worried but didn't say anything. He looked at the others and smiled softly glad everyone had made it. He kept looking a bridle and then looked away sighing quietly to himself.
---
♥PEACE.LOVE.HATERS♥
#239 Posted: 08:42:31 22/08/2015 | Topic Creator
In front of the train station, there was a train, covered with black marks, ash, and large marks like scratches, as if somebody had clawed at it, trying to break in. Some windows were smashed, and parts of the train carriage was bent.
"Well, there's a train." Starsong said.
"I wonder if it still works." Flash Photography said. "Bridle, once we're on the train and there's no mist around, and we are able to make the train go, you can let down the shield."
'There's not much mist around right now actually." Supercell looked around. The place around the train station seemed deserted.
"All the mist has probably gone to the castle." Flash Photography replied.
#240 Posted: 09:52:02 22/08/2015
"Be careful." Arlon warned warily, ears flattened. "Never know what could be inside it."

'The one who made the shield; she said it was going to expire in three days, didn't she?'

Yeah. What of it? Arlon grunted, glancing at Bridle.

'You could make it a little easier for her. Do you remember still Protocol's rune? I mean- you aren't connected to your domain anymore, but still-?'

Of course, Arlon shook his head, spitting a small globule of silver fire off to the side, but I'm not risking it. I don't think even I could use that accursed rune without harm at the moment. Perhaps it could make things easier, but the trade-off... Besides, I've never taught it to anyone before - no, not even Sombra - and I'm not going to now. I'm not giving up a portion of my life, my memories, or my rather tenuous grasp on sanity just to make a spell a little easier.

'Just a suggestion, no need to get riled up.'
Arlon could almost imagine that Ideas had backed up, waving him down with a hoof. 'I'm not saying you should absolutely go for it, y'know, it's just something to keep in mind.'
---
#241 Posted: 12:38:09 22/08/2015
Bridle nodded. "Sure, even if I take it down temporarily, it'll store some of the magic, possibly make it last longer". She turned when Arthur looked at her then away. "Is something wrong?" She asked when she climbed aboard the train to check the main engine and wheels.
---
#242 Posted: 18:57:41 22/08/2015
Arthur looked at her and shook his head. "N-no! Everything's fine.." He said sheepishly. Arthur adjusted his glasses trying his best to not sound worried but he wasn't the best at lying or hiding his emotions.
---
♥PEACE.LOVE.HATERS♥
#243 Posted: 21:33:36 22/08/2015
Bridle raised a brow then continued, checking all the valves and parts to the train. "Still seems to be in working condition". She ignighted the coal and released the valves throught the train. It shook upon start up but steadied after a few minutes. "Perfect! Yodoichi, you're in charge of the engive got it?" "Sure thing, you can count on me!" The female familiar replied. "Come on Arthur, let's check the rest of the carts, maybe we'll find something of value aboard...".
---
#244 Posted: 00:35:18 23/08/2015 | Topic Creator
Flash Photography went to check the back of the train. "The back looks alright," she called to the others. She walked up to the front of the train and peered inside. "Is the train able to run?" she asked.
Supercell and Starsong flew towards the train carriages and checked inside one of them. It was a mess, with tables and chairs flipped upside and torn apart, and glass from the broken windows on the floor.
"Well, we know the mist has been through here." Supercell said.
#245 Posted: 01:36:48 23/08/2015
Arlon chuckled, noting Arthur's reaction, his mood improving immediately

'No- Arlon, no!' Ideas warned, catching onto that aspect of his real-counterpart's domain that the Announcer dipped in to as it happened. The voice went ignored, Arlon's grin taking on an almost dangerous cast as he walked over. 'Arl- oh gods, you're pathetic. You- you know that, right?'

Me, pathetic? Of course not, his thoughts dripping with sarcasm, though he remained where he stood, watching with a hint of amusement in his eyes.
---
#246 Posted: 03:27:55 23/08/2015
Bridle nodded. "Yep, fully functional" she stated then looked at Arlon briefly before turning away. "We should be able to head out in a few minutes".
---
#247 Posted: 08:11:40 24/08/2015 | Topic Creator
Starsong flew to the front of the train. "The inside of the carriages are a mess but I'll make some room for us all."
"I'll help." Flash Photography jumped up on the train station platform and entered the first carriage. Her horn lit up and she used a levitation spell to move things out the way.
Starsong and Supercell picked up tables and chairs that were still in one piece and placed them by the broken windows. They moved the broken chairs and tables into the second carriage, which was also a mess.
#248 Posted: 15:45:53 24/08/2015
I quietly curl up on a seat with my shield still around me. No more tears fall down my cheeks but my eyes are all red and puffy from crying. Burying my head in one of my little wings, tears begin to stream down my face again but this time for a different reason.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:15:41 24/08/2015 by Wyrstel
#249 Posted: 17:58:28 24/08/2015
Arthur had followed Bridle through the carts to the engine and then sighed sitting down and closing his eyes for a moment to think. He opened his eyes and looked out the window of the train into the distance. He had a feeling that what ever left the marks on the train would attack them again.
---
♥PEACE.LOVE.HATERS♥
#250 Posted: 20:07:13 24/08/2015
Bridle started restoring some of the fuel and rebuilt a few small missing parts. "You guys ready to get going?" She asked as she turned to Arthur and then through to the next cart, since the door between carts were open.
---
First | Previous | Page 5 of 13 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me