Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > Role Play > MLP FiM: Return of the Nightmare Mists
First | Previous | Page 11 of 13 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
MLP FiM: Return of the Nightmare Mists [CLOSED]
Wyrstel Emerald Sparx Gems: 4341
#501 Posted: 19:15:58 11/12/2015
I smile at Supercell and gently encourage the others, providing help, wherever it is needed. Once everyone reaches the bottom, I must lead them safely through a number of magic traps and spells used to keep the prisoners contained and trapped in Tartarus. They were created by myself and my big sisters. There are also some guards, the like of which they have never seen before.
Spyro-Gamer Hunter Gems: 7322
#502 Posted: 00:53:38 12/12/2015 | Topic Creator
Southern Star slowly made her way down the staircase, Flash Photography close behind her, with Starsong hovering downwards beside them.

The two ponies and the deer soon made it to the bottom and Flash Photography immediately pulled out a map and a book, making them hover in front of her with her magic. "So, where's the entrance to Tartarus, Astrello?" She held the map near the prince. "I've forgotten where it is. In a forest? In a cave? If it's far for here, that should be okay. We can walk half of the way today, then rest somewhere during the night, and then walk the next half during the next day."
Supercell nudged Flash Photography in a way to tell her to stop talking. "Chill."

Starsong landed and looked up, waiting for Arlon.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:58:06 12/12/2015 by Spyro-Gamer
ReshiramForever Platinum Sparx Gems: 5142
#503 Posted: 06:09:21 12/12/2015
Arlon's tail flicked as he made his way to the bottom of the staircase.

"Each exit to Tartarus will only take us back to this one," he said to himself, or rather, Ideas, "unless we go through the Gates- no, no, they specifically designed that to help keep the demons locked away- no, we'll never reach them without our magic. Its magic relies on a domain, Ideas, and neither of us have one. What? What about the Windigoes? They- the demons can go through the Gates too, you know. Explain Amon, Leviathan, and Witiko, then. Greed, Envy, and Wrath. What? Fine, ask them then!"

"Have you had any, uh, encounters with de- prisoners from Tartarus?" Ideas asked. "Um- do the names Crechus, Hetahtin, Witiko - and the Windigoes, Leviathan, Moloch, Tirek, and Amon mean anything to any of you?"

"We won't have to worry about Witiko or Leviathan," Arlon said, "they're both on Hyperborea, and I doubt they'd want to leave any time soon."
---
self professed austGAYlian
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:56:53 12/12/2015 by ReshiramForever
#504 Posted: 06:44:03 12/12/2015 | Topic Creator
Starsong, Supercell and Southern Star stayed silent, unable to answer. Flash Photography, however, spoke up. "I have heard about Tirek," she replied, a hoof placed on her chin. "There was a page or two about him and his brother in an old book in the Canterlot library. I don't know any of the others, though." She glanced at Prince Astrello, waiting for him to answer Ideas's question.
#505 Posted: 18:46:24 13/12/2015
"I've had many encounters with prisoners of Tartarus. I helped defeat Tirek as well as some others. As for where the entrance to Tartarus, it is through two distinctive looking trees in the depths of the Everfree Forest. I am not allowed or permitted to tell any of you where the secret entrances are, so don't ask me," I say as I look around the place.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:53:12 14/12/2015 by Wyrstel
#506 Posted: 22:45:08 13/12/2015
"'Many encounters?'" Arlon said sarcastically. "Tosh. Who've you been letting summon demons back here so many times? And what of Witiko? Or Leviathan? They haven't been down there for millennia! Unless you meant visit them? Ha! Even Hades himself doesn't go near the prisons!"

"Well- that's four of the kings and queens of Tartarus we've encountered between us, right?" Ideas laughed uncomfortably. "Or- uh, two that'd we have to worry about, actually, since Witiko is actually friends with Niomedes... And Leviathan is... doing something. But- hey! We probably won't need to worry about them, right? They're either in their prisons, or on a world."

Arlon watched the earth elemental silently, his expression creased.

"Obstacle is an understatement," Arlon muttered to Astrello, "believe me when I say it. I am both one of the most powerful, and one of the weakest, of the alicorns. Of all of them. I could have destroyed my Equestria on a whim. I almost did. And I was felled by a demigod, a half-alicorn, of all things. That shade in Tartarus - it isn't hindered by a useless, maimed body. The ability to break the rules... and now, the one to use that power isn't broken himself."
---
#507 Posted: 22:53:34 13/12/2015
"We haven't been letting them out, there were powerful enemies that broke them out. As for those two you have mentioned, I believe they are some that I faced. The fact is that many a foe, have I faced, too numerous to name them all. As to them being an obstacle or worse, that may be true, but do not underestimate my power, Arlon/Ideas. My big sisters and I are the most powerful alicorns of this land and perhaps some of the strongest around."
#508 Posted: 01:44:29 14/12/2015 | Topic Creator
OOC: Hold on, we're not in the Everfree Forest yet. The group just reached the bottom of the mountain that Canterlot sits on. And where did this elemental come from?

The three ponies and the one deer seemed to have ignored the elemental and the alicorns talking about Tartarus. Instead, they were crowded around the map Flash Photography was holding up.
"Okay, so the Everfree Forest..." Flash Photography broke off as she trailed a hoof across a route on the map that led to the forest from their current location. "Well, it doesn't look too far away. We could probably get there this afternoon. And instead of going through Ponyville, we could go around it. The mist creatures might be in the town."
Starsong nodded. "Especially since Princess Twilight's castle was destroyed recently."
#509 Posted: 08:16:44 14/12/2015
"What are you?" Arlon asked wearily. "I don't get it. I am Protocol and Order. Your sisters are the Sun and Moon. But how do you fit into this? Help me fill in another piece of this asinine puzzle."

He sighed, ears flattening as he closed his eyes. "You claim I shouldn't underestimate your power. But don't estimate what I used to be. I'm a crippled, bitter old man, barely - barely - holding off insanity for the countless time, using the magic of a dying artifact to keep me from losing myself. I'm... I'm tired."

Arlon laughed, and suddenly his voice wasn't the flat, lightly cheerful monotone he usually carried. It was warmer, more emotive, a feminine voice that all of that world's Equestria should've known.

"But then again, I'm not perfect like you, aren't I?" Arlon said, in Princess Celestia's voice. "But I'm good at pretending, now aren't I? Holding up a front as I break down on the inside."
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 08:18:54 14/12/2015 by ReshiramForever
#510 Posted: 08:32:34 14/12/2015 | Topic Creator
Flash Photography froze and slowly lowered the map, staring at Arlon. "How..?"
Starsong, Supercell and Southern Star followed the gaze of the white unicorn, wearing the same expression as her.
#511 Posted: 19:28:59 14/12/2015
I know that he is not my big sister, Celestia, but trot up to him wrapping my hooves around him. Tears stream down my face as I hold him close. It is true that he may not be my big sisters, or those I consider family, maybe in the future he will but I do not know.

"Nobody is perfect Arlon/Ideas. All of us have our strengths and weaknesses as well as some secrets we hide within us. What makes us who we are is how we deal with this. How we live our lives, overcome challenges and what choices we make in life. Do not let these things weaken you or even destroy you. Find a way to make those weaknesses a strength. As for what I am, I am my big sisters' little brother, The Jewel of Equestria and Beyond. Where I fit in the scheme of things, well, I suppose you could say I am The North Star or the brightest star in the sky."
#512 Posted: 23:02:05 14/12/2015
"The North Star? Hm..." Arlon drew away from the hug, still mimicking Celestia's voice. "Forgive me for that. I never really liked being touched.

"Anyway, I just said," Arlon said smugly, now in Luna's voice, "that I'm good at pretending, didn't I? It doesn't even take magic," Luna became Cadance, "or a particular penchant for breaking the rules. After all," he smirked, now sounding remarkably similar to Twilight Sparkle, "they don't call me 'the Announcer' for nothing." Shining Armor. "The voice in the dark, the parent, the sibling, the lover, the child," something distorted, just like Queen Chrysalis, "announcing the destruction of Equestria, luring away ponies into the night. I enjoyed it enough for it to take precedence over my own name for however long. It still does, back home."

He laughed again, his tail flicking, as his voice became the same as someone unfamiliar to the others; a feminine one, mellow and calm, with a slight robotic hint. "It took practice, of course, centuries of it. But it paid off in the end. I simply had to improvise the voices I haven't heard. Not in the same way, though, but through similarities. Centurion Luna and Lady Mi Amore Cadenza were easy. Crimelord Celestia, on the other hand..."
---
#513 Posted: 00:55:39 15/12/2015
"Oh, sorry, I umm... Anyway that is quite impressive, but it will take a lot more to convince me that you actually are who you are imitating, especially my big sisters, I know them, better than anyone save, perhaps, Lightfoot and Midnight. North Star... I really don't know where I fit in. You see I was lost for centuries, until my big sisters found me..." I then go silent, raking the ground with my hooves. I don't know if I can trust Arlon/Ideas with this part of my secret.
#514 Posted: 06:26:27 17/12/2015 | Topic Creator
The three ponies and the one deer had sat down, watching the discussion between the alicorns with a mixed expression of surprise and confusion on their faces.
#515 Posted: 01:19:06 19/12/2015
Arlon laughed, his voice returning to normal. "When it's dark, I don't need to convince anyone. Not for long, anyway." He cocked his head. "Who knows? It might come in handy."

"Can't imagine when your oddities come im handy." Ideas muttered.
---
#516 Posted: 02:34:03 19/12/2015 | Topic Creator
Flash Photography cleared her throat and stood up. "Should we get going?" she asked as she raised the map up in front of her with her magic again.
The two pegasus ponies and the deer also stood up.
#517 Posted: 18:57:17 21/12/2015
I nod in response to Flash Photography and I lead them onward. This other alicorn worries me if he can imitate others. I must keep my eye on him, in case he does switch sides. Still even if he can imitate my big sisters, Aunts and Uncles, it will take a lot to convince me for I know that only my true family know certain things about me.
#518 Posted: 23:05:46 21/12/2015
"Yeah, let's go." Arlon smirked, following. "And don't worry, I can't change face to go along with the voice. You saw my awful attempt at it before, anyway. That was more Ideas' forte, actually. Hm... Well, that's too bad. Even if I do decide to go, aheh, off for a while, I doubt I could make him do anything to help with my nefarious, ne'er-do-well schemes."

"I have a little something called 'morality.'" Ideas said. "You should try it out sometime. Anyway," he smiled, turning to the others, "it's just a bit of illusion magic, really. Nothing like what the changelings can do."
---
#519 Posted: 02:36:13 22/12/2015 | Topic Creator
"Interesting." Flash Photography murmured, glancing at Arlon. She rolled up the map with her magic and followed Prince Astrello.
Starsong followed behind the group slowly. She suddenly felt a shiver run up her spine and she zipped around. There was nothing there behind her, except for the mountain cliff face and normal morning mist, slowly drifting along the ground. She turned around and trotted after the group.
#520 Posted: 19:39:06 24/12/2015
"Well you may not be able to change appearance like the changelings, but I...certainly can, I say standing beside Arlon, looking exactly like him. Chrysalis taught me herself. She may not like my big sisters or The Mane Six, who are also part of my family, but she likes me. She considers me part of her family. I guess I do her, but it will take a while for the rest of my family, especially my big sisters, Celestia and Luna to accept/forgive...me, I say as I become Chrysalis herself and gaze at the others with my glowing green eyes. Now enough of that, I say transforming back to myself, we must get going. We have no idea, when and where the mist will strike next."
#521 Posted: 23:40:20 25/12/2015
"Intriguing," Arlon chuckled, "heh... I was almost convinced it was the real thing, actually. What I would've given to rip her head off for what... ahem, well, it's too late now, so... nice trick."

Arlon fell silent, continuing to move along at a steady pace as he thought about the invasion that occurred during his niece's coronation. Emaciated and unable to move for his weakness within his prison, he watched as his sister's beloved facilities shook and temporarily lost power at the fall of their mistress. Panels and sprites chittering anxiously around him, waiting for Niomedes to regain consciousness...

Almost as quickly as it began, it was over.
---
#522 Posted: 06:38:10 07/01/2016 | Topic Creator
The world grew darker as Celestia's sun disappeared behind the dark clouds that covered the sky. "I like the colour grey, of course, but this is too much," Supercell murmured, crossing her arms as she hovered above the ground, watching dark mist swirl around the hills in the distance.
#523 Posted: 07:36:11 07/01/2016
I lead the group onward toward the Everfree Forest, where one of the normal entrances to Tartarus can be found. I wonder if I'll run into anyone else that could join our fight against the dark. Zecora and her twin brother, Zendral would be a nice addition to our group.
#524 Posted: 13:43:18 08/01/2016
Arlon watched the sky warily, his antlers flickering with silvery blue magic as a precaution.

"We've been around long enough to know what comes next," Ideas said quietly, "all this... repetition. The- the pattern just keeps repeating, but... what pattern?"

"The Law of Conservation of Mass could theoretically be applied," Arlon replied after a moment's hesitation, "give or take a few terms. The entity they call 'evil', it can't be created or destroyed. Light and dark remain constant. It just changes to suit the needs of- well, everything. Theoretically, anyway -"

- Closer, closer- I feel it- burning, it's burning, the hunger- I must restore order... -

"- Get back to me on it later."
---
#525 Posted: 11:16:38 13/01/2016 | Topic Creator
The group reached the edge of the Everfree Forest, looking in for a moment before continuing.

Flash Photography stopped for a moment and returned the books and maps, that she had been holding up with her magic, into her saddlebags, fastened the straps firmly, and trotted after the group.
Supercell stopped hovering and landed beside Starsong, deciding it was safer to walk.

Southern Star walked alongside Prince Astrello, feeling safe next to him. She stopped briefly to toss her galaxy mane over her back so she could see where she was walking and also not trip over her own mane, and then continued walking.
#526 Posted: 13:20:23 17/01/2016
Arlon muttered to himself as he walked, an ear flicking in irritation as he audibly argued with Ideas about how to proceed with Protocol, snapping a branch off of a tree with his magic and methodically stripping it to pieces.

Ideas was far more sedate; he gave no physical indication to his frustration with the other entity, his stutter of a voice calm and controlled.

An interruption came in the form of a letter, materialising from Arlon's silver flames as he spat it out. Unlike the other letters he had received, this one was little more than a balled up sheet of paper, the writing so messy as to be almost illegible.

-

Announcer.

They tell me you're still alive. That's a shame. I'd almost been getting hopeful, you know? I'd been hoping it meant that the nightmares would stop. They just got worse, actually, in case you were wondering, since none of us have ANY idea what the shade of yours is up to. Take the rest of you
with you next time, and maybe we can all rest easy for a change.

I have no idea what
she sees in you. Maybe I shouldn't be too surprised, you both tried to kill me at some point in time. Ah well. It's not like anyone has any say in the idiotic plans of Her Royal Majesty, right? She just goes ahead and does it anyway.

Hope there isn't a next time, you filthy waste of space. Wish you'd died when you were supposed to. Go to hell.

PS: Do not come back. You are
not welcome.

-

"Well." Arlon raised a brow, and despite the letter having no signature, he knew exactly who would've written it.

"Oh dear," Ideas laughed nervously. "He- I- He must've really hit it, didn't he?"

Nearly immediately, another note appeared; one that was a lot neater.

-

Uncle,

I'm so sorry about that. Dad had been drinking. A lot. I don't even know where he got it from, but I have a feeling he might've raided Johanna's stash.

I'm sure he doesn't mean most of what he said, I managed to read it before he took it back and sent it off. He said a few other 'choice' words regarding you, but I probably shouldn't repeat them. Don't hold it against him, he's pretty drunk, and, well, he does have his reasons.

Anyway, stay safe.

- Twilight
---
#527 Posted: 01:45:29 19/01/2016 | Topic Creator
The group walked deeper and deeper into the Everfree Forest. And as they did, it became darker and darker. The forest was dense, and no light from the sky was coming through.
"I can hardly see anything," Supercell murmured.
"I can create some light for us." Flash Photography replied, and a small ball of light appeared on the top of her horn. "That should be better."
"Thanks Flash-" Starsong broke off as she walked into Southern Star, who had stopped in her tracks. "Southern Star? Why did you stop?" She peered around the deer, and her eyes widened.

A large mass of nightmare mist floated a few metres in front of the group, with multiple mist creatures with glowing yellow eyes at the back, and a large mist creature at the front, as big as a alicorn, with glowing red eyes, grinning evilly at them. "Hello again, ponies."
#528 Posted: 02:01:37 19/01/2016
"Hold on a minute, this is important." Arlon held up a hoof, not looking at the mist, summoning a quill. "My little brother seems to have a precognitive sixth sense. It's pretty funny, actually."

Not bothering to magic up a fresh piece of paper, he merely wrote his next message on the back of the one that was sent.

-

Please write back when you're sober. I'm sure you'll be happy to know that I will very possibly wish I was dead in the next five minutes.

If not, I'd love to have what you're having.

- Arlon
---
#529 Posted: 02:16:57 19/01/2016 | Topic Creator
The mist creature blinked, surprised, not expecting that kind of reaction from one of the alicorns.
Starsong covered her mouth with a hoof, trying not to giggle, while Supercell and Flash Photography both glared at the mist. Southern Star bounded back behind Prince Astrello.

"So, you are all going to Tatarus, hm?" The larger mist creature said, titling his head and choosing to ignore Arlon's comment.
"How do you know?" Supercell retorted, flicking her tail angrily.
"Because we heard you at the bottom of the Canterlot mountain. And even if we did not know, we would have guessed, since you are near the entrance." The mist creature replied.
Supercell narrowed her eyes.
The mist creature grinned and continued. "I am not exactly sure why you are going to Tartarus, but you have taken the fun out of it for us. We were planning to take you to Tartarus anyway!" The mist creatures behind the leader rose up, creating a high mist wall behind him, trying to intimidate the ponies. "But since you are here, we would be happy to do the rest of the journey for you!"
#530 Posted: 02:46:43 19/01/2016
Seeing the mist creature, I rake the ground angrily with my hooves, as I begin to glow brighter and brighter.
#531 Posted: 03:28:59 19/01/2016
Arlon laughed, despite being well aware that his skin had turned white beneath his coat. "Hah! Don't you think it's a little cliché to have your little base, prison, labour camp, or whatever you're doing, in the underworld? No wonder the demons want out!"

'They haven't found the shade yet,' Ideas whispered, 'but they're down there... How the hell are we going to get past them? Take this seriously!'
---
#532 Posted: 03:48:42 19/01/2016 | Topic Creator
"Wrong, alicorn!" The mist creature hissed. "We only have a few select prisons and base camps in the underworld. Our other base camps are dotted around Equestria. It would be tiresome to take all the ponies we have captured into the underworld."
"They've probably killed some ponies too.." Flash Photography said under her breath.
"You are the only group left trying to stop us, and you are not half bad. So we decided to take you to the deepest underworld base we have." The mist creature grinned. "You won't last long there."
"He doesn't know why we're going to Tartarus." Supercell muttered.
"Is that a good thing or a bad thing?" Starsong questioned.
"I don't even know why we're going to Tartatus." Southern Star murmured.

While they two groups faced each other, no one noticed a lone trail of mist, that had come from the large mass, creep up on the group from behind. It suddenly wrapped itself around Southern Star's leg and harshly pulled her away from behind Prince Astrello, dragging her towards the large mass and then holding her high in the air. She screamed and tried to kick the mist holding her with her other leg, but was unable to.
"Southern Star!" Starsong cried.
"Let her go!" Flash Photography demanded. taking a step forward, her horn glowing, ready to attack.
"No." The mist creature replied simply.
"Uh, guys?" Supercell said, looking around.
More mist appeared from the sides of the pathway the group had been walking along, drifting down tree trunks and appearing through bushes.
#533 Posted: 04:02:08 19/01/2016
"The deepest?" Arlon smiled, his pointed teeth glinting. "Good! I've been meaning to have a round three with the Marquis of Fate for a long time. Of course, I prefer to do things, say, on my own volition."

Fire spurted from his jaws towards the main mass of mist, the broken alicorn stepping back as Ideas worked on bringing together the runes for a shield spell.
---
#534 Posted: 04:11:50 19/01/2016
Soon I am as brilliant as the brightest star in the sky. My eyes glow with an unknown light as I speak in an ancient language, long forgotten and lost by time. The earth seems to shake from the power that resonate from me. Anyone outside of the forest can see rays of starlight penetrating through the trees.

"Wrong move," I say, my eyes still glowing with the unknown light.
#535 Posted: 04:35:24 19/01/2016 | Topic Creator
"You and your light." The mist creatured hissed, glaring the shining prince. "Well, you know what, prince? Light can't shine without darkness!" A few mist creatures dived towards Astrello.
The mist was now holding Southern Star with both legs, so she was unable to free herself. "They're stronger than they were before!" Southern Star cried from high in the air. "Be careful!" She felt the mist began to creep around her body, and she knew that if it continued, she would be put to sleep and have a nightmare.

Most of the mass of mist was able to dodge Arlon's fire, yet some smaller mist creatures got burned and seemed to dissolve into nothing. A few mist creatures charged towards him, aiming to attack his legs and knock him over.

Starsong looked around, seeing that the group, except for Southern Star, were getting ready for battle. But she was unable to do anything. She had never fought in her life, and wouldn't know how to start. She stood back, behind Flash Photography and Supercell, hoping the battle wouldn't last long and the others could defeat the mass of mist.
#536 Posted: 04:50:00 19/01/2016
Ideas brought up the shield spell, a transparent circle of pale blue, as Arlon's eyes flashed with a familiar purple-green haze.

"Did I ever mention how little I care for the fate of this world?" Arlon called out, dark magic crackling around his antlers as he cast a beam of the vile magic, plants around him burnt away and killed. "Because I don't. Really. Some win, some don't. How many myriads of other worlds have been consumed by a Nightmare in the past?"

He let out a bark of a laugh, "The question is, will you be like the others who fell? Will you stop with this one, or keep going until nothing is left?"
---
#537 Posted: 06:12:44 19/01/2016
With my eyes still shining with an unknown light, I turn to the others, summoning I barrier around them. My horn begins to glow as I summon a power from within. Blue and white flames begin to engulf my entire form.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:56:23 19/01/2016 by Wyrstel
#538 Posted: 10:25:36 19/01/2016 | Topic Creator
OOC: Wyrstel, you really do need to tone down Astrello's power. He has become way too powerful at this stage. And I do not approve and will not allow you roleplaying the Everfree Forest and making the trees talk and sink in the ground.

I can also not allow him to merge with the heaven's above, or at least, not at this very moment.
Because if the mist is defeated right now, then this roleplay will have no other purpose.
I suppose if Astrello does this power thing he's planning to do near the end, it would be okay, BUT ONLY if it fits in with the end of the story. And most of the ground, and sky, has been taken over by the mist, so the merging with the heavens would be hard to do right now.

And even though everypony is supposed to be captured, I'll allow Zecora and her brother to be around, but I don't want them to exactly interact with the group. One or two more posts with them speaking is fine.

But please do tone down Prince Astrello's power.
I can understand that he is upset/mad/in pain that his sisters are missing, and that he's unleashing his anger and such, but further in the story when we're about to find the princesses would probably be a good time for what he's doing right now.

-:--:--:--:--:--:-

The mist creatures who had targeted Arlon were stopped by the shield that Ideas had brought up. They swirled around his shield, unable to find a way in to attack.
The leader mist creature paused, hearing Arlon's question, but didn't respond. He wasn't completely sure as to what would happen after all of this. All he wanted was revenge on the Elements of Harmony, and to feel victorious about defeating them, which he pretty much had done, just by separating the mane 6. He shrugged in reply, launching a large arrow of mist at the alicorn, which smacked into his shield, attempting to break it, but it stayed intact.

The leader mist creature was then distracted by Prince Astrello rising into the sky above the forest, shining brighter than a star as he did. "Tone down your light, will you?" He hissed, glancing up at him. Sensing he was charging some sort of attack, which he was guessing was some sort of starlight beam, he raised the mist wall higher, making it lean over so it was above them, and it was ready for impact. A few mist creatures flew out from under the mist wall and charged at the shining alicorn.

Flash Photography and Supercell were currently fighting off the mist that charged at them, as they had no other way to defend themselves. "I wish I knew a simple shield spell," the white unicorn murmured, firing light beams.

The mist creature's glowing eyes had set back on the group on the ground, and he noticed the blue pegasus at the back, looking scared and unable to defeat herself. He grinned and send a trail of mist towards her. It slipped past the two other ponies and reached her.
One skill the mist had developed while on Equestria was how to mind read, but only if they were close to someone. And the mist trail just did that, sending the thoughts of Starsong back to the leader. It then suddenly grabbed her leg and pulled her harshly forward, knocking over the other two in the process.
The mist creature took Starsong from the mist trail, holding her by the waist. "Ah, and what do we have here, hm?" He asked, grinning evilly.
"Let me go!"Starsong cried, struggling.
"Do not struggle. It will only make me tighten my grip." The mist said in a sweet tone.
Starsong slowly stopped, but her breathing quickened, as she felt extremely uncomfortable being held by the mist creature.
"So, little pegasus, your thoughts are rather interesting.."
"Thoughts?" Starsong breathed.

The mist creature suddenly grabbed one of her tucked wing and pulled it out, examining it. "A pegasus...who wants to be a unicorn!"
Starsong froze.
Flash Photography and Supercell had stood back up, and stopped their attacks, hearing what the mist creature had said. "What?" The white unicorn tilted her head.
"You want to help your friends, don't you? But you cannot do anything! All you have is wings, with no battling skills and no helpful talent in this kind of situation. You could say you are the most pathetic member of this group!"
"Stop it!" Southern Star cried from in the air.
"You wish that you could be a unicorn so you would be able to use magic. I have never heard of this sort of thought from a pegasus. But you know, Starsong..." He paused. "I can always help you make that wish come true!"
The mist creature grabbed the base of Starsong's wing and pulled, very hard.
A high pitched scream echoed around the forest.
Southern Star gasped.
"Starsong!" Flash Photography screamed.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:31:27 19/01/2016 by Spyro-Gamer
#539 Posted: 10:40:33 19/01/2016
Arlon smirked, before seeing what was happening to Starsong. His dark pupils contracted, a look of dread making itself apparent on his face.

Those long claws, those sharp teeth, the pain -

"NO!" both alicorns screamed as one.

The shield shattered, neither entity spending any more magic to keeping it up. Arlon leapt forward towards the mist holding Starsong up, a blade of solidified silver magic hovering at his side. Bringing it up, he slashed at the mist, the broken alicorn snarling as flames burst from his mouth.

And though neither noticed it, their magic steadily drained away from their continuous use of magic.
---
#540 Posted: 10:59:25 19/01/2016 | Topic Creator
As the shield burst, the mist creatures floating around it were blown back by the force, and then they dissolved into thin air.

The mist creature stopped pulling Starsong's wing, hearing Arlon's scream, and was suddenly slashed in half without time to react. He yelled and hissed, literally being split into two masses of mist, and flames from Arlon began to burn the tips of his mist body. He let go to Starsong and the blue pegasus dropped to the ground, just conscious, mist already beginning to creep up on her.
"Starsong!" Flash Photography. She wanted to get closer but didn't dare, especially if Arlon hadn't finished slashing at the mist just yet.

"You fool!" The mist creature was only able to merge his head and shoulders back together, but not the rest of his body. He launched another set of arrows towards Arlon, a set towards Flash Photography, which she destroyed with light beams, and another large set towards Astrello to keep him occupied up in the sky.
#541 Posted: 11:56:02 19/01/2016
Arlon attempted to recreate the shield, his eyes widening in shock as it shattered from the first arrow and allowed the rest to strike him. One of his antlers cracked, then broke, the pressure of the magical discharge too great for it to withstand. The alicorn tumbled back, hissing in pain, his black mane hanging limp around his face and neck.

'What- what just happened?' Ideas asked, panicked. 'Why did it break? What's going on? Arlon? Arlon!'

Arlon attempted to struggle to his hooves, his eyes fixed shut, but was barely able to move. "Damn it... damn it, I am such an idiot..."

'Get up! You have to get up!'
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:58:11 19/01/2016 by ReshiramForever
#542 Posted: 21:09:53 19/01/2016
Landing to the ground, blue white flames lick the ground and air. My eyes have returned to normal, glistening deep, dark midnight blue once again. As a burning star, I turn to face the mist. Seeing the arrows, I allow them to fall upon me. Hungry awaiting starfire devours the majority of them but one hits me in the neck. Angrily I tear it from my neck and advance toward the main mist creature. Crimson blood, runs down my neck as continue to advance upon it. As arrow pierce my flesh I do not stop my advance. The air grows hotter and hotter as I gain ground against the mist boss creature. Then unleashing a dense blinding light from my horn, I charge forward.
#543 Posted: 00:32:16 20/01/2016 | Topic Creator
A few mist creatures darted forward to protect the leader from Prince Astrello, but the prince charged through them, blinding and burning them and making them dissolve into thin air. The leader tried to dodge, but his should was hit by Astrello's light and he flew backwards in the mist wall behind him. He growled and yelled some strange words, and a large claw-like mist formation flew towards Astrello. As it did, the mist creature let go of Southern Star, and threw her high into the air.

More arrows darted towards Arlon, but Flash Photography quickly jumped in front of him and destroyed as many as she got with light beams, but missed one as it hit her shoulder. She hissed in pain and then zipped around. "Arlon!" she called. "Arlon, please! You have to get up!"

The mist had completely engulfed Starsong at this point, and Supercell knew she had to save her. She dived into the mist and saw the body of blue pegasus on the ground, almost completely covered with mist. She zoomed towards her, picked her up as quickly as she could, and flew out of the mist. She landed a few metres away and gently placed Starsong on the ground.
Starsong slowly opened her eyes and looked up. "Supercell..th-thank you.."
"I couldn't just leave you in there." Supercell replied. She hesitated before speaking again. "Is your wing alright?"
Starsong turned her head. Her wing had certainly looked like it had been pulled. Some of the feathers were stretched out or bent, and small trickles of blood ran down the side of her body from the base of her wing. "It's still intact," she croaked.
Supercell nodded and then turned around to watch the mist, ready for its next move.
#544 Posted: 01:32:01 20/01/2016
Arlon opened his eyes a crack, his breathing shallow. His head, especially around his broken antler, hurt. His chest, neck, and sides hurt even more, sending stabbing aches down his sides when he so much as breathed.

In front of his muzzle, be could see the shattered, silver fragments of his antler. The loss didn't bother him. He, and the rest of his family, all shed their antlers every few decades, and losing them in a fight caused nothing more than temporary pain.

Even analysing the damage in itself was a response to pain; something to focus on and trick himself into thinking it wasn't that bad.

Slowly, he turned his attention over to Flash Photography, his vision blurring as unconsciousness threatened.
---
#545 Posted: 02:56:29 20/01/2016
I move my head left and right slashing through the claw-like mist formation. Blood drips from my form as emerge from the formation. Struggling to stand, due to my injuries, but not about to give up on my friends. Seeing Southern Star thrown, I quickly lift my head an instant before I emerge from the formation. Beautiful feathered wings spring from her back, they are only temporary but with them she can get safely to the ground.

"Give it up, you... My horn glows brightly as I manage one last spell. A ball of starfire slams right into the mist creature boss, exploding on contact. have lost," I say. I fall to the ground and my eyes close. The wind rustles my mane and tail, but no other movement is seen from my form.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:00:16 20/01/2016 by Wyrstel
#546 Posted: 03:35:49 20/01/2016 | Topic Creator
"No!" The mist creature screamed. The ball of starfire slammed into him and into the mist wall behind him. Some of the mist creatures hissed in pain and others disappeared completely. "You have not seen the last of us!" Two large yellow eyes suddenly appeared in a ball of mist that had formed above the mass of mist, and before the group could reply, the mass of mist split it two. One flew off through the forest, and other flew further into the forest and through the Tartarus entrance, down to their base in the underworld.

"Ah! Wh-what?" Southern Star turned her head, seeing wings sprout from her back. "Wings?" She tried to control them and was able to, spreading them out and gliding down to the ground. She landed by Prince Astrello and the wings vanished. "Oh, I think he is unconscious."
Supercell trotted over to Prince Astrello and Southern Star. "It seems he is, yeah."

Flash Photography glanced back. "The mist is gone." She looked back at Arlon. "Arlon...is...is there anything I could do to help?"
Starsong looked over, seeing Arlon in pain, and crawled over to him. "Arlon! Arlon...you...you saved me...along with Supercell..."
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 07:11:51 21/01/2016 by Spyro-Gamer
#547 Posted: 03:52:22 20/01/2016
Arlon didn't respond for a good minute or two, his eyes shut again, doing his best to stay awake.

"Don't... don't worry about it... kid..." he managed to groan between breaths. "Trust me... the pain... of wings getting- well, you know... there's nothing worse... and it never goes away completely... look after them, there are no second chances..."

Wincing, he added in a quieter voice, "Just give me a few minutes... I'll- I'll be fine..."
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:32:57 20/01/2016 by ReshiramForever
#548 Posted: 00:57:56 21/01/2016 | Topic Creator
"Mhm." Starsong replied quietly. She looked back at her damaged wing. She couldn't move it or feel it, and thought it must be numb or some nerves were damaged. She then turned back to Arlon, hoping he was okay.

Flash Photography grabbed the arrow in her shoulder and pulled it out. She threw it on the ground and destroyed it with a small light beam. "Well," the white unicorn began. "I don't think we can go into the underworld after what just happened. I think we should rest."
Starsong glanced up at her. "You want to rest here? In the Everfree Forest? But there are timberwolves and other creatures that come out during the night. We could get attacked."
Flash Photography shrugged. "I don't know where else we could stay. Unless we go back to Ponyville and find an abandoned house to stay in for the night."
#549 Posted: 04:54:36 21/01/2016
Arlon pulled out a few of the arrows that were lodged in his arms, his magic shakey and indistinct, moving as little as possible as he ignored the silver blood streaming down his legs. Shifting over onto his side, breathing ragged, he inspected the wounds on his chest. Thankfully, due to his underbelly plating, none of them pierced his chest, but it didn't mean that they didn't hurt.

"The sooner... the better..." Arlon said. "There'll be more down there... and Protocol... I'm sorry to say, but I... have no idea what'll happen if they get it first... what'll happen to me, or this world... would I feel it...?"
---
#550 Posted: 05:33:40 21/01/2016 | Topic Creator
"But Arlon..." Starsong paused and she stood up, rather shakily, still in shock from her left wing almost being torn off. "You're injured. So am I. And Prince Astrello seems to be unconscious."
"I think I'm the only one who's not injured." Supercell turned her head, inspecting her body for scratches or cuts of any type of injury.
"Arlon is right...and wrong." Flash Photography spoke up. "We should rest, but, the sooner we go down there, the better."
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:10:54 21/01/2016 by Spyro-Gamer
First | Previous | Page 11 of 13 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me