Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > Role Play > MLP FiM: Return of the Nightmare Mists
Page 1 of 13 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
MLP FiM: Return of the Nightmare Mists [CLOSED]
Spyro-Gamer Hunter Gems: 7322
#1 Posted: 03:21:29 06/07/2015 | Topic Creator
Based on the My Little Pony Friendship is Magic - Nightmare Rarity comic.

-:-

PLOT
"What is happening?!"
It came quickly like a tidal wave. A pitch black mist rose over the Canterlot mountain, blocking out the sun, and crashed down onto the castle. It covered everything quickly and then headed down the mountain, ready to cover the rest of Equestria.
"Dear sister..."
"It should not be here! It should have been defeated!"

-
That day was one of the worst in Equestrian history. Dark mist, known as the 'nightmare mist' covered the entire land, and even Cloudsdale. Three of the princesses, Princess Celestia, Princess Luna and Princess Twilight Sparkle went missing shortly after. Princess Cadence was safe, as the nightmare mist was unable to reach and invade into the Crystal Empire, due to the magic contained in the crystal heart. A large rock wall was built around the city for extra protection.
Ponyville was one of the last settlements to be invaded. However, the mist was unable to reach one area of the town, which was Princess Twilight's castle, because of the magic that was settled there.
Ponies fled to safe havens, the Crystal Empire and Twilight's castle among them. The ones who were unable to reach them in time were captured and turned into slaves or taken to prisons.
-
It has been 3 months since that day. The three Princesses are still missing, and the citizens of Equestria are unable to send out search parties for them. Ponies in the safe underground havens have been found, and ponies the Crystal Empire and Twilight's Castle have noticed the magic is fading. The nightmare mist is inching closer each day, gathering strength from negative energy.
Some of the older citizens of Ponyville remember the time when the nightmare mist took over Rarity, transforming her into Nightmare Rarity, and invaded Ponyville. They were able to fight it off, but only with Princess Luna and Princess Twilight Sparkle's help. And with them missing, no pony knows what to do.
However, a band of ponies are beginning to team up, determined to defeat the nightmare mist once and for all. Will they be able to find a way?

RULES

• I am the GM.
  • No godmodding, mary/gary-sues, no one-sentence posts, etc.
  • Romance and violence is allowed, but keep it PG-13.
  • No offensive language, unless you censor it.
  • Any pony species allowed (unicorn, pegasus, earth pony, etc).
  • NO canon characters, only OC's.
  • Alicorns MAY be allowed, ONLY if they are approved by me and if they are NOT over-powered.
  • 4 characters maximum.
  • All characters in the roleplay are situated in Twilight's Castle in Ponyville, unless you would like to be situated in the Crystal Empire, and have a way to get to Ponyville. Everyone may be in the Crystal Empire further along in the roleplay.
  • Put 'nightmare mist' on your sheet if you have read the rules.

CHARACTER SHEET

Name:
Species: (unicorn, pegasus, earth pony, alicorn, etc)
Personality:
History:
Appearance: (description or small picture, and remember to give credit to the artist if you did not draw the image)
Cutiemark: (small picture or description)
Other: (Optional)

S-G's characters

Name: Starsong
Species: Pegasus
Personality: Starsong is a loyal, kind, caring, and friendly pegasus pony. She likes to hang out with her friends and try to help them when they're in trouble.
History: Starsong was born in Cloudsdale but moved down to Ponyville with her parents when she was a little older. She's made many friends and has been hanging out with them, and doing what she loves ever since. When the nightmare mists arrived, she and her family fled to Twilight's Castle.
Appearance: Starsong is a light blue pegasus pony. She has dark blue eyes. She has a blonde/yellow mane with black stripes, tied up in a bun behind her head, with two large strands on either side of her face.
Cutiemark: A yellow star with a black music note in the middle.
Other: N/A

Name: Supercell
Species: Pegasus
Personality: Supercell isn't the kindest pegasus pony around. She doesn't like large crowds and prefers to do things by herself or with her family, such as making storms. She's brave and stubborn. She hates being in the castle, but she's glad it has large rooms to fly around in and is a safe place for now.
History: Supercell lived in Ponyville, but moved up to Cloudsdale with her father and brothers when her mother passed. The nightmare mist arrived when Supercell was home alone and her father and brothers were travelling around the north of Equestria. She was able to make it to Twilight's Castle, and she hopes her family is safe in the Crystal Empire.
Appearance: Supercell is a light grey pegasus pony with dark grey/black hooves. She has dark purple eyes. She has a large and scruffy dark grey mane, with a few stripes of light blue.
Cutiemark: A dark grey storm cloud and a tornado.
Other: N/A

Name: Flash Photography
Species: Unicorn
Personality: Flash Photography is a rather quiet, but kind, unicorn. She opens up more once meeting someone and becoming friends with them. Along with taking photos, Flash Photography has been studying a few easy spells, one of them being able to levitate and move things larger than her camera.
History: Flash Photography lived in Canterlot, but moved to Ponyville recently. She was taking photos of Twilight's Castle, and when the mist approached, she ran inside.
Appearance: Flash Photography is a white unicorn pony. She has turquoise eyes. She has a long-ish purple and black striped mane.
Cutiemark: A black and grey camera.
Other: Flash Photography doesn't exactly like her name, mostly because she prefers doing close up shots of things without the flash of the camera.

[May add another character later.]

THIS RP IS NOW OPEN.

ENJOY.
Edited 9 times - Last edited at 06:45:46 12/12/2015 by Spyro-Gamer
Somnium Blue Sparx Gems: 547
#2 Posted: 05:35:56 06/07/2015
((Are Changelings allowed??))
---
Dreamy days are gone~
I do the art for cheap <3
#3 Posted: 06:20:28 06/07/2015 | Topic Creator
OOC: Yes, but they have be on the good side, not siding with the nightmare mist.
If you really want your changeling character to be on the bad side, I could try change the plot a little bit, but they wouldn't be allowed to have a major role. But I'm not sure how well they'd fit in with the nightmare mist storyline from the comic and in this roleplay.
#4 Posted: 07:12:19 06/07/2015
OOC: well my changling oc's background has it so she took on the form of a pony and some stuff happened so she thinks she's that pony and doenst remeber shes a changeling, are you okay with that? and i would want her to be good
---
Dreamy days are gone~
#5 Posted: 07:24:42 06/07/2015 | Topic Creator
OOC: Yep, that's completely fine.
ReshiramForever Platinum Sparx Gems: 5142
#6 Posted: 13:50:05 06/07/2015
Name: Arlon 'the Announcer' Invictus
Species: 'Pegasus' Kirin (Half Pony/Half Dragon)
Personality: Usually either bitterly sarcastic, his tone never deviating from a flat cheeriness, or going out of his mind due to suffering withdrawal-like symptoms.
Quite unhinged, and on the verge of insanity – tends to laugh at inappropriate moments, and talks to himself frequently. Has difficulty maintaining a conversation for very long, and often drops out mid-sentence. Has the air of someone who had been alone for a very long time.
Extremely intelligent, and has the habit of treating others as though they’re moronic. Doesn’t care for other ponies and doesn’t pretend to be friendly, stating that they don’t understand ‘the bigger picture.’
History: Very secretive about his history; there are no records of an Arlon Invictus existing prior to the nightmare mist’s appearance.
Has only mentioned that his wings were torn off in an ‘accident’ when he was a kid.
Appearance: Appears as a stallion in his 20s-30s with a dark bluish grey coat and a wild black mane and short beard. Light silver eyes, with dark, slitted pupils. Slightly above average height, though thin almost to the point of emaciation. Most of his teeth are pointed.
Wing stubs are visible just above his shoulders. A pair of small, silver antlers jut out from between his ears, along with similarly coloured scales beneath his eyes, along the bridge of his muzzle, and along the sides of his neck.
sketch
Cutie Mark: None.
Other: Claims that he only wants to ‘go home,’ and needs Celestia’s help in order to do so.
Usually seen as being extremely pale and sickly beneath his coat, along with constantly sweating and shivering.
Turned up on the outskirts of Ponyville only a few days before the mist attacked the town, and followed others to Twilight’s Castle. Has rejected most offers for companionship, and has mainly kept to himself.

nightmare mist
---
self professed austGAYlian
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:23:33 06/07/2015 by ReshiramForever
#7 Posted: 19:18:07 06/07/2015
NIGHTMARE MIST
Name: Heartsong
Species: Appears to be a normal earth pony but is actually a changeling.
Personality: She is kind and curious, she loves to travel and see new things.
History: She was once a changeling under Chrysalis, but she became friends with an earth pony who was kind and caring, when her friend died she went into shock and took on her form living out her life as a rare item shop keeper, she has no memory of who she once was.
Appearance: [User Posted Image] ((i made this myself))
---
Dreamy days are gone~
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:30:07 07/07/2015 by Somnium
#8 Posted: 00:49:54 07/07/2015 | Topic Creator
OOC:
@ReshiramForever: Accepted.
@Somnium: You forgot something which is listed in the rules. Once that's added, you're accepted. Also, your picture doesn't work.
#9 Posted: 01:31:07 07/07/2015
OOC: the picture works on mine and my friends laptop.
---
Dreamy days are gone~
#10 Posted: 01:32:40 07/07/2015 | Topic Creator
OOC: It doesn't work on mine. Oh well. Accepted.
#11 Posted: 01:33:44 07/07/2015
OOC: I can check again but thank you :3 sorry i read through the rules except i must have missed that final rule lol
---
Dreamy days are gone~
#12 Posted: 01:36:22 07/07/2015 | Topic Creator
OOC: That's alright. c:
#13 Posted: 21:19:07 09/07/2015
OOC: Should we start soon?
---
#14 Posted: 23:40:07 09/07/2015 | Topic Creator
OOC: I was hoping that a few more people would join, but it seems no one wants to. ^^; Though, if no one does in a couple of days, we could start, if you guys don't mind roleplaying with only two other users.
#15 Posted: 23:49:00 09/07/2015
OOC: I wouldn't mind too much with just us, but if others join that'd be cool
---
Dreamy days are gone~
Wyrstel Emerald Sparx Gems: 4341
#16 Posted: 02:57:57 10/07/2015
OOC: Can I join as Celestia and Luna's little brother, Prince Astrello?
#17 Posted: 03:00:27 10/07/2015 | Topic Creator
OOC: As long as he is not over-powered.
#18 Posted: 03:48:04 10/07/2015
OOC: Don't worry, he won't be. It's nice to hear from you, my friend. I look forward to role playing together.

Nightmare Mist

Name: Prince Astrello

Species: Alicon

Appearance: He is a full grown alicon stallion, whose looks have earned him the title, "The Majestic Prince." His eyes are deep midnight blue. He cares not that he is smaller than both of his sisters, instead he proudly accepts his small stature. Is small enough to be carried by his sisters as well as Twilight and her friends.

Cutie mark: Shooting stars

Coat colors: Snow-white

Mane colors: Snow-white

Tails colors: Snow-white

Personality: He is extremely shy and creative. He is valiant, courageous, compassionate, trustworthy and hardworking. His older sisters are very protective of him and he is always seen with both of them at his side.
#19 Posted: 04:06:43 10/07/2015 | Topic Creator
OOC: Same here, and accepted.
#20 Posted: 02:36:29 12/07/2015 | Topic Creator
OOC: Alright, we'll start now. I'll keep this open in case anybody joins later.
behold, a wall of text

Over the past 3 months since the nightmare creatures invaded, the sky had been covered in dark mists, with sunlight and rain scarcely being able to touch the ground. The nightmare mists, not being as stupid as everypony had thought, had been letting the weather ponies they had captured to do their job, bring rain, snow, and sun when needed, so the crops outside of Ponyville would grow, so the nightmare mists could keep their slaves alive. The fastest ponies who had taken cover in Twilight's Castle were able to steal some crops and food when the nightmare mists weren't looking, so they were able to stay alive also. However, sometimes the ponies weren't fast enough.
Over the time, some of the strongest unicorns had ventured outside to try destroy the creatures with magic. However, the creatures surrounding the castle were stronger, feeding off the negative feelings from the ponies inside, and most of the unicorns were taken, while the rest were able to flee back into the castle, shutting the crystal doors firmly.
In one of the library rooms of Twilight's Castle, a white unicorn was staring at a large paperback book intently. Her turquoise eyes narrowed and she flicked her tail, lowering her head slightly as her horn began to glow with a light green magic aura. The same coloured aura surrounded the large book on the table, and it slowly began to rise into the air. The white unicorn took a deep breath, slowly lifting her head as the book lifted higher off the table.
Suddenly a large crashing noise filled the room from the hallway, and Flash Photography jumped in fright, her magic immediately disappearing. The book lost the light green glow and fell back on the table with a loud thump.
Flash Photography looked around frantically, and saw a grey pegasus, named Supercell, fly into the room, grinning. The white unicorn knew she had taken part in whatever happened in the hallway.
"Supercell!" Flash Photography cried, annoyed that her magic training had ended so abruptly.
Supercell didn't hear the unicorn pony. She just turned her head, laughing. "You earth ponies are so funny!" With her eyes closed, she didn't see where she was going and she crashed into a crystal wall.
Flash Photography smiled slightly and then trotted over. Some other ponies in the library followed her, curious about what had happened.
"What did you do this time, Supercell?" Flash Photography asked as she reached the grey pegasus.
Supercell groaned, sitting up. "Some earth ponies thought they could stop me from flying around so much. They chased me, and crashed into a bookcase, making it fall over."
"Princess Twilight isn't going to like that," one pony piped up, trying to lighten the mood. But the mood immediately dropped as all the ponies remembered that she was missing, along with the two other princesses.
"Stop causing so much trouble." Flash Photography murmured, turning away.
"Hey!" Supercell stood up shakily. "It's not always my fault." She turned and marched further into the room.
Flash Photography sighed, walking back over to the book on the table, as the other ponies, now silent, trotted off to different parts of the library.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:32:37 12/07/2015 by Spyro-Gamer
#21 Posted: 03:20:11 12/07/2015
I am standing alone, looking out the window at the dark world outside. There are tears in my deep, dark midnight blue eyes as I gaze out the window. My dearest big sisters are missing as are my aunts, the Main Six. I remain quiet not revealing my identity to anyone, only gazing silently outside. I feel so alone, with my dear big sisters, Celestia and Luna beside me. I do not want to worry any of my subjects anymore than they already are. Currently I am wearing normal casual clothes to blend in with the crowd. I do what I can to help out the ponies that are currently trapped in my Aunt, Princess Twilight's castle. However, she along with my big sisters, and others have gone missing. Lightfoot and Midnight, the two captains of the Royal Guards have also gone missing. They have not be reported as casualties of this darkness, so they are probably alive somewhere with my big sisters and Aunts. I am careful about using that title around anyone that I don't know too well, for I do not know how the Mane Six, feel about this yet. I hope they don't mind being that to me, because I really do love them so. In reality however, I only have two living family members, my two big sisters, Princess Celestia and Princess Luna, the Princesses of the Day and Night. How I escaped the same fate at my big sisters is unknown, but when the time comes I hope that with my leadership, I may be able to calm the fears of my subjects and together we will destroy this evil and rescue my big sisters and the others that gone missing. Some of my aunts may actually be among the ponies that are here in Aunt Twilight's castle, but I know for a fact that Aunt Twilight is missing. Still even without knowing if any of those that I know and love are among the ponies here, I manage to get around alright. Gazing outside, I place a hoof on the window.
Edited 5 times - Last edited at 04:45:08 12/07/2015 by Wyrstel
#22 Posted: 08:20:11 12/07/2015
I can't even feel the ambient nuances of magic anymore.

Arlon quivered beneath his blanket, his back to the few others in the room. He'd managed to acquire one of the few beds in the castle, and had spent most of the last few months lying in it aside from the occasional bout of seeking out a bit of food.

Most others tended to ignore and avoid him due to his stand-offish nature and occasional violent outbursts brought on by withdrawal, something that Arlon preferred in the long run.

Dragging his hoof along the sheets, Arlon gave off a shuddering groan, opening his eyes blearily. No magic. No connection to the little whispers of rules and order that had once flooded the back of his mind.
---
#23 Posted: 08:33:09 12/07/2015 | Topic Creator
Flash Photography ended her own lesson on magic, knowing she wouldn't be able to concentrate any longer with the thought of the missing princesses on her mind. "It seems the nightmare mist really is stronger," she murmured, letting her hoof drop after placing the book back in one of the massive shelves of the library room. "The princess of the sun, the princess or the night, and even the princess of friendship can't defeat them."
The white unicorn trotted out of the library room, turning her head and seeing the fallen bookcase with ponies gathered around it. She turned away and headed to the throne room, where the food supply was kept.
-
Due to Princess Twilight loving books, she had more than a few library rooms throughout the castle. Starsong, a blue pegasus pony, was sitting the the back of one of the library rooms with less ponies, surrounded by pillows and blankets, stacks of books around her. The books all had something to do about the night and dreams. She was researching, seeing if she could find out anything about the nightmare mist, but so far, she hadn't found any good information about it.
#24 Posted: 13:48:18 12/07/2015
Driven by a sharp ache in his stomach, Arlon dragged himself out of bed, staggering as he got to his hooves. Ignoring the glances from other ponies, he made his way down to the throne room, leaning on the wall for support.

Passing a library, he furrowed his brows. Arlon had seen a few of the ponies reading, maybe researching the mist or whatever it was, but didn't care so much for the books himself. Perhaps they could help, perhaps they wouldn't, but he didn't want to invest any effort into what he considered a waste of time.

'Nightmare' was an interesting take to it, though. The insanity of a god. But no alicorn to apparently be present... what was it? The concept was breaking any rules that he was aware of, which was to say, most of them.
---
#25 Posted: 20:35:54 12/07/2015
I don't not even look away as some pony enters the room. My right front hoof remains on the window as I gaze longingly out. I miss my big sisters, Celestia and Luna as well as the rest. Still I must be strong for my people, as other than my Aunt cadence and Uncle Shining Armor, I am all that is left of the royalty. Turning away from the window, I wander over to the visitor seeing as they are in pain. I look at them with my deep, dark midnight blue eyes. Politely bowing to the pony, I speak.

"Is something the matter, sir? I happen to be highly gifted in healing magic. Perhaps I can be of assistance to you," I reply with a small nod in his direction.
#26 Posted: 00:09:46 13/07/2015 | Topic Creator
Flash Photography entered the throne room, seeing three crystal tables covered with plates of food, surrounding the thrones of the mane six. Yawning, the white unicorn's horn glowed, lifting a paper plate and leaving it levitating next to her. While doing so, she scanned the food on the table in front of her, and picked out what she wanted, placing in on the levitating plate.
-
In the library room, Starsong slammed the cover on a large book cover and wailed out in despair, recieving irritated looks from the other ponies who just wanted to read in peace. Not caring about them at the current moment, the blue pegasus grabbed another book from the pile she had next to her. The book's cover was a deep purple and the pages inside had yellowed due to age.
Starsong sighed and turned the cover over, revealing a page with the title 'Nightmare Legends' written on it. Blinking, curious, she turned a few more pages. Scanning a chapter, a certain paragraph caught her eyes and she slowed down and read it properly.
"Rarely seen by any pony, there is a legend about a dark mist, also referred to as nightmare mist, which has the power to corrupt beings and feed off the negative energy of others."
"Nightmare Moon.." Starsong murmured. She kept reading and soon reached the end.
"It is thought that only the power of pure magic is able to defeat this mist. Legend also says that if the nightmare mist can harness enough strength through a cycle of the new moon, they are granted another chance to claim an all powerful kingdom full of hate and darkness."
#27 Posted: 02:02:48 13/07/2015
Arlon laughed. It was a bitter laugh, devoid of emotion, a little maniacal in nature. Healing magic? The best joke he'd heard in all of those three months of being trapped in that crystal prison with nothing to distract him.

Better than a couple thousand, he reminded himself.

"There's no magic that can heal what really ails me, kid." he replied, flicking his draconic tail. "I've tried, many, many times over the years. Broken the fabric of reality."

Arlon paused, staring at Astrello skeptically with his silvery-white eyes.

"So, aheh, what are you supposed to be?"
---
#28 Posted: 04:22:27 13/07/2015
"I am an alicorn, or a pegasus unicorn, if you prefer. You are a Kirin. I've met some of your kind before. I serve as the diplomat of my big sisters. I may be able to help you return home. I'm very skilled in magic. I would however need to know where I am sending you. By the way, my name is Prince Astrello. Celestia and Luna are my big sisters," I say with a small smile and the nervous raking of my hooves against the floor.
#29 Posted: 06:06:05 13/07/2015
"No, no, that wasn't what I meant." Arlon looked away, frowning. "Gah, nevermind, I was just- no, nevermind. It needs to be Celestia. She and my younger sister - old acquaintances - should know what to do, without all the other... problems..."

He trailed off quietly, though he was still talking, muttering to himself indistinctly. His tufted ears flicked, a spark of silver magic flickering about his antlers without any real intention.

"Would he even know-? No, no, I haven't even met Celestia, Nio would never let me, so why should he... I'd just cause trouble, stir up the locals... isn't that what I'm doing now? Doesn't help that I showed up just before all this happened... if I was just- things would've been so simple to solve..."
---
StoryGirl Gold Sparx Gems: 2593
#30 Posted: 06:13:52 13/07/2015
((Is it to late to join?))
---
♥PEACE.LOVE.HATERS♥
#31 Posted: 06:22:41 13/07/2015 | Topic Creator
OOC: No, it's not too late to join.

Starsong, having found a new source of information about the mist, immediately got up from her makeshift bed of pillows and blankets, grabbed the book, and flew out the room, going to find Flash Photography. She guessed she would be in one of the other library rooms, but she decided to check the throne room first. She flew down the crystal hall, passing some ponies, glancing at her reflection in the polished walls from time to time.
As she flew closer to the throne room, she passed a dark-blue pony, larger than most of others residing in the castle. She immediately stopped, glancing back at him. Starsong noticed he looked a bit upset, as did most of the other ponies in the crystal castle, due to the mist outside. With herself being in the same mindset, she was trying to positive and cheer everypony up, so she decided to do the same for this dark blue stallion.
"Uh, hi there." Starsong piped up, hoping to get his attention, hovering awkwardly in the hallway.
Sam15 Blue Sparx Gems: 754
#32 Posted: 22:30:46 13/07/2015
Can i join as well? V3
---
"Why do you humans place so much value on housing your souls in your bodies? It's a complete mystery to me."
#33 Posted: 22:50:26 13/07/2015 | Topic Creator
OOC: Sure.
#34 Posted: 22:59:26 13/07/2015
Nightmare Mist
Name: Arthur Derge
Species: Unicorn
Personality: Rather smart, enjoys the quiet so he can read, is a great listener.
History: He was born the son of a blacksmith and an armor crafter. Both his mother and father wanted him to do what he loved but they also hoped he would join the family business. When he showed no interest in their craft they did what they could to support him. His father built him book shelves and his mother did her best to get him scrolls and books for him to read and study. When he was old enough, his parents sent him to a specialty school to study. When he returned a year and a half later he discovered that his father had passed away. He hated himself for leaving. He did his best in taking care of his mother and for her, he learned how to play various instruments and sing. Before she passed in his 19th year she gave him a book of various things of sheet music and spells and lore. When he got the book is when he gained his cutie mark. He also left his home town for the last time and moved to a new area days before the mist came.
Appearance:
[User Posted Image]
Cutiemark: Has a music note a spell book and quill on his flank
Other: He has a thing for sweaters. He loves his varying sweaters.
---
♥PEACE.LOVE.HATERS♥
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 23:22:25 13/07/2015 by StoryGirl
#35 Posted: 23:05:34 13/07/2015 | Topic Creator
OOC: You forgot one thing. When that's added, you'll be accepted.
#36 Posted: 23:09:33 13/07/2015
I always forget those DX
---
♥PEACE.LOVE.HATERS♥
#37 Posted: 23:15:40 13/07/2015
Name:Bridle Lullaby
Species: unicorn
Personality: lively, cunning, confident
History: A mare devoted to the sudy of dark magic and the influence of magical creatures (Beast tamer)
Appearance: white coat, mixed mane (blue and cyan) http://silo-wolf.deviantart.co...llaby-518284999
Cutiemark: classic bamboo flute (vector styled)
Other: she also has ties to many valuable assets to help in her endeavors. As of currently, she simply tends to her animal stables.

"Nightmare mist"
---
"Why do you humans place so much value on housing your souls in your bodies? It's a complete mystery to me."
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 23:17:55 13/07/2015 by Sam15
#38 Posted: 23:20:36 13/07/2015 | Topic Creator
OOC: Accepted.
Remember, you're both currently stuck in Twilight's Castle with the rest of us.
#39 Posted: 23:30:55 13/07/2015
Bridle Lullaby was in a secluded section of the library. Due to her nack for dark magic, her family's profession, she located a few books. To her supprise, she found many things out about this so called mist. "Large amounts of dark magic powerful enough to manifest itself as smog....I have so many tests i wanna run! Does it affect other sources of dark magic? How about amplify it?!?.....what do you think Yodoichi?". She was refering to her familiar, a dragon capable of changing size and form to fit any situation as long as Bridle cast it as such. As of now, the dragon was no bigger than her hoof and was laying over her head. "I don't know...but i don't think anyone here will let you test it". Bridle put on an irritated look. "You're right...these ponies are no fun..."
---
#40 Posted: 00:01:52 14/07/2015
((Okay))

Arthur looked up from his book as his ear twitched hearing the chatter of other ponies. He looked at them and grumbled figuring he wasnt going to get anymore quiet where he was so he got up and took his book with him through the castle until he found the library. He looked around and then found a small space. He sat down and opened his book again and started reading again. He was reading his book that hed gotten from his mother. He was reading through the notes of a song his mother had composed. He hummed the notes to himself and smiled as he played out the notes through soft sounds.
---
♥PEACE.LOVE.HATERS♥
#41 Posted: 00:18:37 14/07/2015
Bridle Lullaby was roaming around the library but then got bored. "Ughhh....i wanna get out of the freakin' castle..." she groaned. "Hey, can you play me that song? You know...the Lullaby...". Her ears perked up. "Sure thing Yodoichi..." she summoned her flute and began to play. To the extent of her instrument, she was one of the only five creatures cabable of playing it. The sound of her song was crisp, distinct in nature, and above all else, soothing. The song echoed through the halls. To some of the panicing ponies, it even calmed them down, and sent the fillys and colts to sleep. She kept playing her glorious tune. After all, it was her signature song, and the one she composed herself.
---
#42 Posted: 02:17:03 14/07/2015
Arthur stopped hearing the sound of the instrument. She smiled softly knowing the tune. He closed and put away his book in his saddle bag and adjusted his sweater. He got up and followed the sound of the music and when he found its source he smiled. At least im not the only one who finds joy in music. He thought sitting down and listening just out of sight of the instruments player.
---
♥PEACE.LOVE.HATERS♥
#43 Posted: 02:39:40 14/07/2015
Arlon turned his attention to Starsong, though he continued his little monologue to himself without skipping a beat.

"Now the mortal is speaking to me... such easy pickings, back in the day... easy to twist, bend, break..." his voice had taken on a malicious cast, slowly rising in volume. "Now look at me! I'm the one who's broken! Severed! Isn't this just what you wanted, Initiator? A taste of my own goddamn medicine? Is this what you wanted?!"

He froze, his chest heaving, smoke curling from the edge of his mouth after his mini-tirade.

"Or was it you, little Fateweaver?" he whispered at the wall. "You could have prevented this... couldn't you? So why- Is this a sign?"

Arlon sighed in frustration, before turning back to Starsong.

"My apologies for that," he stated cooly, "hello."
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:39:58 14/07/2015 by ReshiramForever
#44 Posted: 02:45:32 14/07/2015
When Bridle finished her song she smiled. "Again again!" Yodoichi said happily, the tune always made her feel good. "One more, but a different one". This song was a bard's tale of a distant lore. The music enveloped the room as a story seemed to unfold. Bridle spun and swayed as she played the musical instrument, setting the mood of an old equestrian era full of knights and war. The story tells of a knight, but this was no ordinary knight, it was a battle maiden. They say her sword was stronger than the scales of a dragon, and fiercer than their fire. One day she met a dragon whom she fell in love with. This sent an outrage to the kingdom and sent soldiers to kill it, but the maiden faught on, through every army and every assassin. She wouldn't give up and refused to let anything stand between their love. To this day it is called the battle of blood canyon, and one of Bridle's favorite stories. When her song finished she put her flute away and noticed Yodoichi had fallen asleep. After hopping into one of the window sills, she laid down and looked outside. "I wish i was that strong...and had something worth fighting for..." (srry for the sidetracked story smilie)
---
#45 Posted: 02:46:31 14/07/2015 | Topic Creator
Starsong blinked, surprised and a little concerned about what just happened to Arlon. She pushed it aside and kept her dark-blue gaze on him, still hovering awkwardly beside the wall. "Hi," she said again. "I've seen you around the castle a few times, but I never caught your name. I'm Starsong, by the way." She paused and then spoke again. "You seem a bit...down...so I thought I could try cheer you up. No pony likes being upset, right?" She smiled softly, trying to cheer him up, but not seem annoying.
#46 Posted: 03:22:27 14/07/2015
Arthur smiled as he listened to the mare. He stood and walked out into sight. "You play beautifully." He said, his tone soft and kind. His mop of orange hair curled around his horn and black framed glasses.
---
♥PEACE.LOVE.HATERS♥
#47 Posted: 03:30:45 14/07/2015
Bridle turned around. "Thanks...should have known at least one pony would have heard me,". She inspected the stallion briefly before returning to his eyes. "Did you get lost? It's pretty far from the main groups" she teased playfully. "Have a seat, not like we're going anywhere..." Bridle said as she scooted to the side, giving him room to lay down.
---
#48 Posted: 03:48:15 14/07/2015
Arlon hesitated, his tail sweeping across the floor. "I've gone by... a few names." he eventually replied, dodging around the question. "The Announcer, the Principal, the Director, the Puppetmaster, Manipulator, Tyrant... aheh, Nightmare..."

Our names hold power... would it be a good idea? It's not like things are really going as planned so far...

"But, I suppose... My actual name is Arlon."
---
#49 Posted: 04:04:37 14/07/2015 | Topic Creator
"Wow." Starsong replied, surprised. "That's a lot of names you got there. But...Arlon...that's a nice name." She hovered a little closer, still holding the dark purple book closely. Thinking quickly, she spoke again. "Do you want to come to the throne room with me, to get some food? If you're not heading there, that's alright, and if you want to left alone, that's alright too. Just wanted to try cheer you up, that's all." She nervously pushed a strand of her yellow and black mane away from her face.
-
Flash Photography exited the throne room, keeping her levitating plate hovering next to her head. She headed down the same hallway Starsong and Arlon were in.
#50 Posted: 06:26:09 14/07/2015
"Fine." Arlon continued along the wall without waiting for another response. His wing stubs twitched almost imperceptibly. "The 'cheering up' angle, though - at this stage, there's only three things anyone could do for me now, and none of them involve anything to do with the inside of this..." he stopped for a moment, considering his words." ...rock."
---
Page 1 of 13 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me