Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > Petition going around to change America's flag
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
Petition going around to change America's flag [CLOSED]
Philomena Blue Sparx Gems: 959
#51 Posted: 05:24:02 02/07/2015
Lol at people getting mad about my comment about the confederate flag vs. the ISIS flag. I wasn't even remotely serious.
---
Don't worry, I'm a qualified Reactor Operator. I can handle this situation.
Metallo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6419
#52 Posted: 05:29:43 02/07/2015
There are people in my hometown paper's opinions column saying that America will receive the same treatment as Sodom and Gomorrah
Greeble Emerald Sparx Gems: 4276
#53 Posted: 12:47:01 02/07/2015
That to me sounds like something that has been said as a joke and it's been jumped on and blown up into something it's not which for me is typical of the media, not just in the US but worldwide.

Why exactly would the US ever change the flag, that would be stupid.

The only reason i could think it would ever change would be if there were new states, not because of legalisation of gay marriage lol.

Also what is the significance of a rainbow flag anyway, that has always confused me.
---
^ You all know it's true
valskeletor Yellow Sparx Gems: 1155
#54 Posted: 18:06:22 02/07/2015
are you people legitimately taking this seriously? like this is something that might happen?

this is basic political hyperbole that always occurs after a culturally big change has happened in any form of legislature.
---
tubular
Ice Dragoness Diamond Sparx Gems: 7896
#55 Posted: 19:12:33 02/07/2015
That is over the top.
dinorang67 Gold Sparx Gems: 2409
#56 Posted: 19:19:28 02/07/2015
I definitely agree with this being taken too far. I'm Canadian, so this whole 'America legalizing gay marriage' thing is kinda a joke here now, because we had it a long time before America did, but I'm happy for the USA. But the flag thing is just too far. I really do respect the military, Canada or America, and Beavcoon made a good point with the soldiers thing.
---
and the lights go out and the lights go out and the lights go out and the lights go out and the lights go out and the lights go out and the lights go out a
valskeletor Yellow Sparx Gems: 1155
#57 Posted: 19:37:48 02/07/2015
Quote: Metallo
There are people in my hometown paper's opinions column saying that America will receive the same treatment as Sodom and Gomorrah

do those people also refuse to shave or wear polyester, eat kosher, and keep women locked in houses that are only allowed to leave with a male supervisor?

because if not, this is a pretty minuet change compared to all the other christian standards that arent followed anymore.
---
tubular
awesomerockets Emerald Sparx Gems: 4136
#58 Posted: 00:29:38 03/07/2015
This probably shouldn't even really be taken all that seriously, I highly doubt the change will even be considered if the petition is legit. But real or not, the flag is supposed to represent America as a country, not a portion of the country's population. I was happy to hear about the legalization of gay maraige because it meant equality. Equality is important. Neither sexuality is "better" than the other. This "new flag" would be implying the opposite. Straight and gay couples both make up America so one shouldn't be used to represent everyone.
---
go to my guestbook now and sign a petition to get Freddie benson into smash
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 00:31:02 03/07/2015 by awesomerockets
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#59 Posted: 01:17:44 03/07/2015
Bad idea. It's such a tacky look and it's not like we're the first to do this, paving the way for the rest of the world.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:18:09 03/07/2015 by CAV
CommanderGame Emerald Sparx Gems: 3610
#60 Posted: 01:59:02 03/07/2015
It's another ****ty Internet petition that shouldn't be taken seriously.
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me