Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > Petition going around to change America's flag
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
Petition going around to change America's flag [CLOSED]
xXBeavcoonXx Gold Sparx Gems: 2628
#1 Posted: 18:34:39 01/07/2015 | Topic Creator
There is a petition to change the American flag from red white and blue to rainbow in honor of gay pride.

Thoughts?

Spoilered because some may be offended-
Honestly the lgbt community has taken this way too far. I'm prefectly fine with the legalization of gay marriage but changing our flag is just not right. It symbolizes the sacrifices our soldiers made for our independence and for our right to have gay marriage in the first place. Changing our flag is changing the view of our country and it's downright disrespecting our armed forces. When Canada legalized gay marriage did they change their flag? No. So why are we even considering such a ludicrous and downright insane idea? I don't think George Washington led our army in the Revolutionary War to earn our independence so that we can change it just to showcase the legalization of gay marriage. It's not right and I don't believe it should happen. And if the flag changes I'll still proudly wave the Red White and Blue. Because that's what really symbolizes our country.
---
now its time to get funky
MagicFizz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3551
#2 Posted: 19:02:57 01/07/2015
Agreed.
---
My life is complete.
AvatariDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 6085
#3 Posted: 19:04:48 01/07/2015
They already have their own flag though? Why would you change a country's flag just to fit your beliefs? I mean, I don't expect a cross to be put on the flag because I know not everyone is a Christian. The flag is supposed to show unity, and changing it for the gay community would sort of do just the opposite of that because America wasn't made to make one specific group happy. Even suggesting trying to change it like that is sort of disrespectful to the flag and what it represents. It's fine to want equality, and they got it. Why are they trying to push it now?
---
♥ May 23, 2011 ♥
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:05:32 01/07/2015 by AvatariDragon
Wreckingball13 Gold Sparx Gems: 2583
#4 Posted: 19:04:57 01/07/2015
Alright, that's way too far. I get it, they're happy about gay marriage becoming legal, but changing the flag for it would be absurd.
AmethystRose Yellow Sparx Gems: 1132
#5 Posted: 19:06:13 01/07/2015
Jeezus... I'm all for gay marriage, I'm happy for them, but good friggin grief people... Calm it the **** down.
---
ϟ Break my heart, break me til I fall apart. ϟ
BigBoom Emerald Sparx Gems: 3262
#6 Posted: 19:13:46 01/07/2015
America is by no means an LGBT country. There is no place for the LGBT flag on the National American flag in my opinion.
---
this user has died. written on a note was their darkspyro login. they say hello from beyond the grave.
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#7 Posted: 19:17:25 01/07/2015
That's way too far.

The American Flag is a symbol, and it stands for freedom, other countries that legalized gay marriage didn't change their flag.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:21:18 01/07/2015 by Badwolfmichael
Eevee88 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4440
#8 Posted: 19:20:11 01/07/2015
I agree with Beavcoon.
We should keep our flag because of the people who fought in the war sacraficed themselves for our country. (I mean Sacrafice in a good way,) If we removed it, that would be offensive. Also, I don't mind males liking males or females liking females, its just love! Changing the flag, that's a no no in my book.
---
Heading out, my liege? A commission, I presume? Then I shall accompany you. Just...ah, allow me to indulge in one more chapter...
RaymanTwilight Blue Sparx Gems: 947
#9 Posted: 19:23:06 01/07/2015
People are actually signing a petition for this?

wat
Gage Platinum Sparx Gems: 6654
#10 Posted: 19:23:47 01/07/2015
But if we did this, how would the rednecks wear an American flag boxer shorts, while watching the great American sport, American Football, while chugging down beers and eating an all-American meal of hamburgers made out of the meat of various creatures they kill in their backyard?
---
Got it Memorized?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:24:20 01/07/2015 by Gage
#11 Posted: 19:25:30 01/07/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: RaymanTwilight

wat

They've got about 20,000 signatures the last time I checked
---
Eevee88 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4440
#12 Posted: 19:26:56 01/07/2015
Quote: xXBeavcoonXx

wat

20,000?!?! At least there are 7 billion ppl. in the world. I want to keep the american flag Red white and blue please. smilie
---
Heading out, my liege? A commission, I presume? Then I shall accompany you. Just...ah, allow me to indulge in one more chapter...
#13 Posted: 19:30:47 01/07/2015
"A lot of people are offended by the American flag.."

Then leave. And if you aren't from America, then keep your ass out. smilie

It isn't gonna happen anyway, I don't know why they're even trying.
---
♥ May 23, 2011 ♥
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 19:31:41 01/07/2015 by AvatariDragon
AmethystRose Yellow Sparx Gems: 1132
#14 Posted: 19:35:32 01/07/2015
I wouldn't know to whether be shocked beyond belief or extremely upset if this actually pulls through.
---
ϟ Break my heart, break me til I fall apart. ϟ
Gage Platinum Sparx Gems: 6654
#15 Posted: 19:36:53 01/07/2015
Quote: AvatariDragon

The original American flag is a symbol of what used to be. When LGBT's were suppressed by the rich, white, heterosexuals of America.
But if we get this flag, it'll show the world that America is no longer that country, we can show the world that America is no longer the corrupt country it used to be.
And if we don't get this flag...I'm gonna whine about it on My Tumblr.
---
Got it Memorized?
#16 Posted: 19:38:16 01/07/2015
Quote: Gage

The original American flag is a symbol of what used to be. When LGBT's were suppressed by the rich, white, heterosexuals of America.
But if we get this flag, it'll show the world that America is no longer that country, we can show the world that America is no longer the corrupt country it used to be.

You're joking right?
Mesuxelf Ripto Gems: 3666
#17 Posted: 19:42:32 01/07/2015
Quote: Badwolfmichael

You're joking right?

Took the words right out of my mouth.
BigBoom Emerald Sparx Gems: 3262
#18 Posted: 19:43:23 01/07/2015
I love how in the UK, gay marriage was fully legalised and I didn't actually know until like a month later.

In America *****es be threatening to set themselves on fire, banning marriage altogether and trying to change the ****ing flag.
---
this user has died. written on a note was their darkspyro login. they say hello from beyond the grave.
Iblistech Platinum Sparx Gems: 5099
#19 Posted: 20:05:47 01/07/2015
Yo, what?! Oh heck no. They should leave it alone. It would defile and ruin the meaning behind my birthday and every other occasion that the American Flag is used for.

No offense, but keep them as far away from my birthday (Flag Day) as possible. I don't want anyone like that defiling it.
---
Hail to the King, baby!
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:09:08 01/07/2015 by Iblistech
#20 Posted: 20:07:53 01/07/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: Eevee88

wat

20,000?!?! At least there are 7 billion ppl. in the world. I want to keep the american flag Red white and blue please. smilie

There are 7 million people in the world. The USA has much less.

Quote: Mesuxelf

You're joking right?

This.

Quote: BigBoom
I love how in the UK, gay marriage was fully legalised and I didn't actually know until like a month later.

In America *****es be threatening to set themselves on fire, banning marriage altogether and trying to change the ****ing flag.

Thats because Americans won't stop shoving it down everyone's throats
---
Philomena Blue Sparx Gems: 959
#21 Posted: 20:08:40 01/07/2015
Looooooooooooooolllllllllllllllllllllll

Fun as that would be, I think it's certainly wayyyy over the top. The flag is alright as it is. We just need to get the rednecks to stop worshiping it as a sign of god, is all.
---
Don't worry, I'm a qualified Reactor Operator. I can handle this situation.
#22 Posted: 20:09:31 01/07/2015
Quote: Eevee88

There are 7 million people in the world. The USA has much less.

Quote: Mesuxelf

You're joking right?

This.

Quote: BigBoom

Thats because Americans won't stop shoving it down everyone's throats

It's 7 billion.
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#23 Posted: 20:13:04 01/07/2015
"I WANT TO FEEL VALIDATED WHAAA"

holy ****

there were 13 colonies, 13 stripes
50 states, 50 stars.

not ****ing rainbows and sparkles.
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
MoonHorizons Gold Sparx Gems: 2826
#24 Posted: 20:43:38 01/07/2015
in the meanwhile, let's change the american flag to the isis flag.
---
the more obscure your favorite cartoons are, the more refined your taste is
#25 Posted: 20:44:09 01/07/2015
Lol at the people who made this petition and lol at the people getting upset about it. This is comedy, people.
---
#26 Posted: 20:44:35 01/07/2015
Quote: MoonHorizons

Walmart won't put a Confederate Flag on a cake
But they do allow ISIS flag cakes
#27 Posted: 20:47:55 01/07/2015

The ISIS flag is a symbol of a group of terrible people
The Confederate flag is a symbol of an even worse group of people.

I think the logic is sound.
---
#28 Posted: 20:57:45 01/07/2015
Quote: Philomena

ISIS kills people just because of their religion, sometimes for no reason at all, burn people alive, and publically execute people
The Confederates were really deep southerners who wanted to keep there way of life, and they were soldiers, not psychopaths
#29 Posted: 22:25:13 01/07/2015
The Confederates were people in the south who wanted to preserve their heritage and way of life. Yes, slavery was part of that but not all southerners supported slavery or owned slaves or were part of the KKK. And as a southerner myself, I find it offensive when people assume things like this, especially when I haven't done a damn thing to anyone.
ISIS is a terrorist group who targets people who don't agree with their beliefs and does barbaric things to them. I don't even know how people can compare the two.

Anyway, this is basically the definition of trying to shove something down people's throats tbh. It's one thing to have pride, but this...
---
♥ May 23, 2011 ♥
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:26:24 01/07/2015 by AvatariDragon
#30 Posted: 22:26:32 01/07/2015
The Confederates were people in the south who wanted to preserve their heritage and way of life. Yes, slavery was part of that heritage but not all southerners supported slavery or owned slaves or were part of the KKK. And as a southerner myself, I find it offensive when people assume things like this, especially when I haven't done a damn thing to anyone.
ISIS is a terrorist group who targets people who don't agree with their beliefs and does barbaric things to them. I don't even know how people can compare the two.

Anyway, this is basically the definition of trying to shove something down people's throats tbh. It's one thing to have pride, but this...

woot woot.

Nice one, fellow North Carolinian~
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:26:56 01/07/2015 by Badwolfmichael
Dragons-go-hrr Platinum Sparx Gems: 6991
#31 Posted: 22:53:08 01/07/2015
Wait do you guys actually think this is serious?? It's a crappy internet petition? There's literally no possibility that the flag would actually change. It's just an overly enthusiastic "ally" taking the rainbowing of their FB profile pic too far.

This is coming from someone living in a country that is actually trying to change their flag.
---
"Was it a hot ghost?"
Crystal Dragon Diamond Sparx Gems: 8850
#32 Posted: 23:20:26 01/07/2015
Quote: Philomena

You can also still buy things embroidered with the Nazi swastika. By your logic, the Confederates were worse than a group of delusional psychopaths who took racism and discrimination to the extreme and murdered millions. They killed not only Jews, but Poles, Gypsies, people with any disabilities, prisoners of war, Afro-Germans, homosexuals, Jehovah's Witnesses, and basically anyone else who opposed them either politically or just didn't fit into the Nazi's ideals of a perfect society. It was their mission to destroy the 'inferior'. ISIS are essentially following in their footsteps, attacking those of different religions and forcing their own people to live in fear and terror. Should I also mention that they destroyed Sumerian artifacts which are a part of ancient history and therefore irreplaceable? Actual history of a bygone civilization, gone, erased.

Now, the Confederates. The states that formed the Confederacy seceded because they felt their way of life was threatened when Abraham Lincoln was elected to be President. They relied heavily on slavery in some areas, but as Avatari said, not all of those in the South had slaves or supported it. Just like we do today, they fought to keep what they believe in, which was their heritage and way of living. Yes, the South is infamous for racism because of slavery, but racism is alive everywhere in the United States. I also don't see the Confederates systemically slaughtering millions of people based on race, religion, political or social differences, do you?
DummyZ Gold Sparx Gems: 2844
#33 Posted: 23:21:59 01/07/2015
Eh. I'm so ignorant that I would have thought the flag's design was for cosmetic representation purposes.
Never mind that.

Quote: Dragons-go-hrr
Wait do you guys actually think this is serious?? It's a crappy internet petition? There's literally no possibility that the flag would actually change. It's just an overly enthusiastic "ally" taking the rainbowing of their FB profile pic too far.

This is coming from someone living in a country that is actually trying to change their flag.

Well, when you come to think on how fast the internet can gather 20,000 people to sign, it really doesn't have a posibility in changing something so huge as the flag. 20,000 people on anything is really just something from everyday internet.

And after all, 20,000 people don't even fill up half a state.
cowpowa23 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4833
#34 Posted: 23:25:21 01/07/2015
Okay, yeah..

This is stupid. XD
---
I am a Cow.

"Moo".
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8495
#35 Posted: 23:33:13 01/07/2015
This is the most egotistical and ignorant thing that I have seen done by gay people.
Dark Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2623
#36 Posted: 02:07:49 02/07/2015
The john key of America
john key is nz prime minister and he wants to change the nz flag, and he likes ponytails, mainly pulling them
---
Psn-Zydren8cookie, FC 3024-5345-8692
scratchking22 Blue Sparx Gems: 725
#37 Posted: 02:17:15 02/07/2015
This is beyond ridiculous. I am completely ashamed of my fellow LGBT citizens that they would try to force something such as this upon the United States. I doubt this gets any official recognition, which is a very good thing. The country has made big moves in the last few years to combat homophobia and inequality but this is inequality in the other direction. I am ashamed. Did Iceland change their flag? The Netherlands? Sweden? No. This just is drawing focus from more important issues.
---
~ Clinton/Kaine 2016 ~
ThroneOfMalefor Platinum Sparx Gems: 5402
#38 Posted: 02:17:16 02/07/2015
Why should an unusual sexual preference profile the entire country? This is why I despise the pride parade and the lot.
---
BREATHE AIR.
Ryanator20x6 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1848
#39 Posted: 02:18:20 02/07/2015

---
Hello from Seattle

ask.fm/RyanNeely889
whirlwind fan Platinum Sparx Gems: 5748
#40 Posted: 02:18:23 02/07/2015
There is a petition to change the American flag from red white and blue to rainbow in honor of gay pride.

Thoughts?

Spoilered because some may be offended-
Honestly the lgbt community has taken this way too far. I'm prefectly fine with the legalization of gay marriage but changing our flag is just not right. It symbolizes the sacrifices our soldiers made for our independence and for our right to have gay marriage in the first place. Changing our flag is changing the view of our country and it's downright disrespecting our armed forces. When Canada legalized gay marriage did they change their flag? No. So why are we even considering such a ludicrous and downright insane idea? I don't think George Washington led our army in the Revolutionary War to earn our independence so that we can change it just to showcase the legalization of gay marriage. It's not right and I don't believe it should happen. And if the flag changes I'll still proudly wave the Red White and Blue. Because that's what really symbolizes our country.

Agreed. I'm perfectly fine with the legalization of gay marriage. I'm happy for them. But this is taking it way too far. The LGBT community have their individual flag already. I don't see why they need to change the American flag as well. Why should sexual orientation be the flag of a country?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:19:47 02/07/2015 by whirlwind fan
Iblistech Platinum Sparx Gems: 5099
#41 Posted: 03:41:00 02/07/2015
They deliberately want to deface the value of the flag itself and every holiday it's associated with (Namely Independence Day and Flag Day/My birthday). It's so sickening that it makes me want to throw up, literally.
---
Hail to the King, baby!
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 03:48:02 02/07/2015 by Iblistech
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#42 Posted: 03:47:04 02/07/2015
This is ****ing stupid. I do support the LGBTQ community but they're ****ing stupid if they're going to change the American flag.
---
words. letters. filler.
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6081
#43 Posted: 04:11:21 02/07/2015
There's such a thing as pressing your luck. We got gay marriage legalized, there's no need to change the flag. Besides, it'd be quite a slap to anyone who isn't LGBT. The whole point is equality, not trying to show we're better or rub it in anyone's faces. We aren't better than anyone, same as any other person on the planet. The American Flag is a symbol of the struggles of this country and the blood, sweat, and tears it took to get us where we are today. Changing it in any way other than adding another star to that flag would be wrong in so many ways.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6081
#44 Posted: 04:52:34 02/07/2015
Quote: TheJMAN184
This is a joke right. This is to stupid to be real.

Right?

Nothing is too stupid to be real. The stupidity of man-kind knows no limits.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
Metallo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6419
#45 Posted: 04:58:01 02/07/2015
I have a hard time believing this is real. It's just too stupid.

But if we did this, how would the rednecks wear an American flag boxer shorts, while watching the great American sport, American Football, while chugging down beers and eating an all-American meal of hamburgers made out of the meat of various creatures they kill in their backyard?

Dude, I come from a land of rednecks and I'm telling you, they don't give a damn about the American flag. It's the Confederate flag you're thinking of.
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8190
#46 Posted: 05:01:53 02/07/2015
Way too far. We only had Red white and blue for centuries, no chance we're changing it. Make your own optional flag please.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
#47 Posted: 05:04:47 02/07/2015
Quote: Metallo
Dude, I come from a land of rednecks and I'm telling you, they don't give a damn about the American flag. It's the Confederate flag you're thinking of.

They care about the American flag. It's just that they love the Confederate flag just as much.
---
♥ May 23, 2011 ♥
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me