darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: SuperChargers > Odds of Extra Light and Dark SuperChargers and Vehicles?
Page 1 of 1
Odds of Extra Light and Dark SuperChargers and Vehicles?
GamerZack7 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1709
#1 Posted: 22:27:49 29/06/2015 | Topic Creator
It's common knowledge that there are 20 SuperChargers and 20 Vehicles to collect. Naturally, many players assume that both Turbo Charge Donkey Kong and Hammer Slam Bowser, plus the Barrel Blaster and Clown Cruiser, count as part of this number. It's also true that both Light and Dark are way behind in terms of the number of unique characters, with both elements having three confirmed members compared with the others' 17 characters each. Plus, both the King of Swing and the Koopa King are exclusive to Nintendo platforms, meaning only 36 new toys for owners of other platforms as opposed to 40 for Nintendo players.

This has me convinced that there's even an iota* of a chance that there will, in fact, be an extra SuperCharger and Vehicle for each of the newest elements, which would make the "20 SuperChargers and 20 Vehicles" statement true for owners of all platforms, and relegate DK and Bowser to the territory of "special guest stars". What do you think?

*NOTE: This is not me saying I think iota from Tearaway will be a special guest star for PS players. Just saying.
---
MY SUPERCHARGER SKYLANDERS
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie | *smilie* | smiliesmilie*smilie*smiliesmilie | smilie | smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
*Currently absent*
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:28:29 29/06/2015 by GamerZack7
FireMeowth Emerald Sparx Gems: 3230
#2 Posted: 22:42:32 29/06/2015
The poster is pretty clear about there being less Light/Dark characters than the other elements - no question marks this time. Not that there'd be any reason to hide them if there were any more.

So I'm gonna have to say 18 pairs for everybody, plus the 2 extra pairs for Nintendo players.
(Also makes the most sense considering they can then do 6 land, 6 sea and 6 sky vehicles.)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:42:58 29/06/2015 by FireMeowth
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#3 Posted: 22:44:19 29/06/2015
I think they want to keep Light and Dark Skylanders as truly rare and special characters so if they release, say, 4 new Skylanders for each Element, Light and Dark would probably only get 2.
This game has at least 2 new characters for Element (even if half of them is made up of revamps) and Light and Dark will only have 1.

If the poster holds truth we are only getting one for each of those two Elements... BUT developers seem to really treat the Skymiibos as guest stars, so... They might not be new Light and Dark Skylanders but maybe... Variants?
They tend to consider them as separate characters.

I still personally think they do count Donkey Kong and Bowser in the 40 count.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
ToySoldierMafia Blue Sparx Gems: 916
#4 Posted: 00:08:02 30/06/2015
Eh, the poster picture is still extremely blurry and the elemental balance is hugely off-center from what we have seen so far. That being said, I doubt they will try to add anything extra for Light and Dark. They have just stopped carrying about balance for some time now.

Then again, I have no idea if vehicles count towards Elemental Power. Maybe they will be like traps, just for show without any use outside their intended purpose. But that still leaves three Fire Skylanders out of this supposed twenty. So, I have no hopes there will ever be a balance again.
#5 Posted: 00:12:27 30/06/2015 | Topic Creator
Wait...the poster's already been leaked?! smilie

I actually have to agree with Light and Dark being treated as special. The lore states that they didn't even exist as elements until recently, so it's natural for them to be a little extra rare.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie | *smilie* | smiliesmilie*smilie*smiliesmilie | smilie | smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
*Currently absent*
#6 Posted: 00:49:26 30/06/2015
Kinda but it's really blurry.

However you can still tell Light and Dark Elements will noticeably have less figures than the other ones.
And the only number lower than 2 without counting the 0 is 1, so...

Also, they have always existed but are really rare and misterious.
When Kaos destroyed the Core of Light they were wiped away but were always there.
They simply were less known than the other 8.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#7 Posted: 01:29:14 30/06/2015 | Topic Creator
Ah...thanks for the info. smilie
---
*Currently absent*
superhalite Blue Sparx Gems: 970
#8 Posted: 03:04:30 30/06/2015
In this game it seems like light and dark are treated like the other 8. But maybe next game will focus on them. Honestly, if there were lots of light and dark this time around, imagine all the vehicles! My wallet wouldn't take it.
---
We rely too much on technology yes that is true,but it's not going anywhere.
joeiscool Yellow Sparx Gems: 1873
#9 Posted: 05:12:26 30/06/2015
Nope, 1 new SuperCharger character and vehicle for light and dark, each, plus the Nintendo characters rounds it out to 20 of each type.
---
-joeiscool
Chef peeper Green Sparx Gems: 407
#10 Posted: 14:44:37 30/06/2015
But if you think about it they have said multiple times that each element would have two skylanders and two vehicles. With the skymibos they already broke that rule with bowser being the third known fire element. My thinking is that the poster that people have seen is for a nintendo system and does not show the light and dark on the back but show DK and Bowser. Or I could be totaly wrong and the skylander admins miss stated that each elemen gets four new things. I hope they do have 2 new in each element because let's face it people like new shiny things. Also with disney three and lego coming out this year they need to up there game a say hey look at this its new buy it over Star Wars.
#11 Posted: 14:51:49 30/06/2015
The poster shows 8 colored "areas" with 4 figures total (2 characters and 2 vehicles) for the Classic Elements and then 2 other smaller "areas" with the Light and Dark colors, yellow and dark purple, and only 2 figures in each one (one character and a vehicle).
It wasn't a Nintendo Starter Pack .

I'm ok with Donkey Kong and Bowser not being on the poster but apparently being counted in the 40 count, because it would have seemed like they were saying "ooooh, look at this poster! So many characters! It's a pity you will never get to play as 4 of those figures if you stick to this system... Too bad...".
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Pokemon2 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3814
#12 Posted: 15:17:57 30/06/2015
There's probably gonna be new elements.
---
Moved to TimDrake, talk to me there.
#13 Posted: 17:15:26 30/06/2015
Doubt it.

10 colored areas on the poster and no "?".
It's highly improbable if anything.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
GinjaNinja Gold Sparx Gems: 2604
#14 Posted: 20:17:39 30/06/2015
There's not gonna be new elements. People already hate how they aren't enough Light and Dark skylanders. They would even be more upset with more elements already. We can wait for Skylanders 8 for more.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me