Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > Same-Sex Marriage in Fire Emblem Fates
Page 1 of 1
Same-Sex Marriage in Fire Emblem Fates [CLOSED]
azz01 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#1 Posted: 05:17:40 24/06/2015 | Topic Creator
Wow, there has not been a lot of topics on FE: Fates here.

Anyways, so I was doing some digging and found this article.

Which pretty much confirms same-sex marriage.

(I am extremely excited.)

As of now however only three characters are options for said thing being Zero, exclusive to Nohr and the third path(DLC) and Shara, exclusive to Hoshido and the third path(DLC).Then there is your avatar.

Also notesmilielease, let there be no arguments about this topic.
---
Call me the penguin man for that is who I am. Also stan LOOΠΔ!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:18:23 24/06/2015 by azz01
StriderSwag Gold Sparx Gems: 2769
#2 Posted: 05:37:04 24/06/2015
You might as well make this into an All Purpose Fire Emblem topic, I really need that in my life right now.

In addition to the same sex marriage (which I'm perfectly fine with), there's gonna be that weird face-petting thing which gets really creepy if you S-Rank someone. Also you can S-Rank your stepsiblings, which is also, REALLY CREEPY.

I'll still get Fates and hopefully avoid all Travolta-style face touching and all the Lannister-style relations.

Also, by the way, which side do you think you'll pick?
Based on my real life beliefs, I think I'll pick Nohr, based on them treating you well, and actually becoming your family in the process, save for their dickish dad.
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#3 Posted: 05:40:42 24/06/2015
I'll be getting both and neutral smilie
---
words. letters. filler.
#4 Posted: 05:51:11 24/06/2015
Quote: TacoMakerSkys

Just fyi, if you really want to go neutral, they'll be releasing a third, neutral path as DLC for both versions, we just don't know when.
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6081
#5 Posted: 05:51:49 24/06/2015
I've been considering this as my first FE game. As to your question Greeny, I somewhat want to go with Nohr (that's the darker looking one right?), but considering this would be my first FE game, I feel it best I go Hoshido since it's supposed to be the easier path.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
arceustheprime Ripto Gems: 5362
#6 Posted: 05:54:27 24/06/2015
Quote: StriderSwag
You might as well make this into an All Purpose Fire Emblem topic, I really need that in my life right now.

In addition to the same sex marriage (which I'm perfectly fine with), there's gonna be that weird face-petting thing which gets really creepy if you S-Rank someone. Also you can S-Rank your stepsiblings, which is also, REALLY CREEPY.

I'll still get Fates and hopefully avoid all Travolta-style face touching and all the Lannister-style relations.

Based on my real life beliefs, I think I'll pick Nohr, based on them treating you well, and actually becoming your family in the process, save for their dickish dad.

[User Posted Image]
uhhhhhhh
there's no way this won't be censored omg
but im personally picking nohr, charlotte is wife
#7 Posted: 05:57:47 24/06/2015
Quote: Seiki
I've been considering this as my first FE game. As to your question Greeny, I somewhat want to go with Nohr (that's the darker looking one right?), but considering this would be my first FE game, I feel it best I go Hoshido since it's supposed to be the easier path.

If you want a good Fire Emblem game to start with, normally I'd say Awakening, but Fates looks like it can entertain beginners with Phoenix mode.
Awakening had 2 modes, Normal, and Casual. Normal mode had permadeath for units, but Casual just had them retreat if they lost the battle. Fates is introducing Phoenix mode, which revives the fallen unit on the next turn if they lose all their health. So, essentially, the Nohr path shouldn't be that difficult at all with Phoenix mode.

So Fates on Phoenix mode should be your best bet, if you only really want the story. (which is how I'll be playing it, tbh. I'm a filthy casual.) However, if you really want to start now, go with Awakening on Casual.

Quote: arceustheprime

[User Posted Image]
uhhhhhhh
there's no way this won't be censored omg
but im personally picking nohr, charlotte is wife

Let's see some of the other lines here...
Leon: Do you want me? I understand. I too, want you, it's unbearable.

Lazwald: I also want to touch you, will you come closer?

Zero: It's lonely...it's agonizing. When you are not here (existing), it's just not right/good.

Camilla: When you do it this much, it's embarassing...

Camilla: The way you're using your hand feels sooo good. Very skillful.

Elise: Ahhh...You're sooo warm.

Marx (multiple examples): It's just the two of us, huh... Only look at me. Don't look away... Your eyes... They're beautiful. Don't make that face... I love you... Is there something you want to do here? Not anymore... are you my little sister. I want to touch you... This armor is a hindrance, isn't it? That face, only show it to me...? I want all of you...

I'm soooooooooooooo betting this'll be censored. You can also apparently pan the amie camera down to the chest, AND you can strip your units! >.>
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:00:12 24/06/2015 by StriderSwag
arceustheprime Ripto Gems: 5362
#8 Posted: 06:07:44 24/06/2015
^ THIS IS INSANE
[User Posted Image]

WHEN DID FIRE EMBLEM BECOME A H GAME
EDIT: DID A TWELVE YEAR OLD WRITE THIS
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:11:20 24/06/2015 by arceustheprime
azz01 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#9 Posted: 06:09:13 24/06/2015 | Topic Creator
Poor translation team.

As for me, I am getting both but I am starting with Hoshido cause I am fan of foxes.I will then play Nohr and then the 3rd DLC path.Also I shall get on the fire emblem topic.
---
Call me the penguin man for that is who I am. Also stan LOOΠΔ!
#10 Posted: 06:11:13 24/06/2015
Quote: arceustheprime
^ THIS IS INSANE
[User Posted Image]

WHEN DID FIRE EMBLEM BECOME A H GAME

THANK GOD ALL THIS HENTAI **** IS OPTIONAL

I just want to know about the amiibo support and how it'll work ;____;

Quote: azz01
Poor translation team.

As for me, I am getting both but I am starting with Hoshido cause I am fan of foxes.I will then play Nohr and then the 3rd DLC path.Also I shall get on the fire emblem topic.

Understandable. I probably won't get both, but Nohr just looks sO GOOD.

THANK YOU I NEED IT SO BAD
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6081
#11 Posted: 06:20:50 24/06/2015

If you want a good Fire Emblem game to start with, normally I'd say Awakening, but Fates looks like it can entertain beginners with Phoenix mode.
Awakening had 2 modes, Normal, and Casual. Normal mode had permadeath for units, but Casual just had them retreat if they lost the battle. Fates is introducing Phoenix mode, which revives the fallen unit on the next turn if they lose all their health. So, essentially, the Nohr path shouldn't be that difficult at all with Phoenix mode.

So Fates on Phoenix mode should be your best bet, if you only really want the story. (which is how I'll be playing it, tbh. I'm a filthy casual.) However, if you really want to start now, go with Awakening on Casual.

I'm fine waiting. It's mostly the Fates story that interests me. Though Phoenix mode does make me feel a bit better. The way the Directs talk though just makes it out to sound hard for beginners and even then tricky for veteran players, concerning me a bit.

I think they said something about a version including both & the neutral DLC later on that i might end up going for to have a save file for each.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
#12 Posted: 06:24:56 24/06/2015

I'm fine waiting. It's mostly the Fates story that interests me. Though Phoenix mode does make me feel a bit better. The way the Directs talk though just makes it out to sound hard for beginners and even then tricky for veteran players, concerning me a bit.

I think they said something about a version including both & the neutral DLC later on that i might end up going for to have a save file for each.

Same tbh.

It might be a while, considering they have to translate a whole extra story.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:25:19 24/06/2015 by StriderSwag
#13 Posted: 08:48:04 24/06/2015

Just fyi, if you really want to go neutral, they'll be releasing a third, neutral path as DLC for both versions, we just don't know when.

I know that. Hoping that they release the special edition copy with both sides included already. I don't care if it's $60 or $70, I will buy it.
---
words. letters. filler.
#14 Posted: 16:36:06 24/06/2015

I know that. Hoping that they release the special edition copy with both sides included already. I don't care if it's $60 or $70, I will buy it.

They said that the path you didn't buy will be DLC for around 10 bucks in the US, so the 3rd path shouldn't be much more, so around 60 sounds about right.
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8495
#15 Posted: 17:35:34 24/06/2015
I'm just curious to see if children are in the game.
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#16 Posted: 18:24:35 24/06/2015
Enough money to buy it says it'll be taken out of the English version. They did to Harvest Moon DS: Cute, they can sure as hell do it to this.
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
#17 Posted: 18:46:57 24/06/2015
Quote: somePerson

They are, apparently there's more kids than in Awakening.

Quote: parisruelz12
Enough money to buy it says it'll be taken out of the English version. They did to Harvest Moon DS: Cute, they can sure as hell do it to this.

Which part? The same-sex marriage, the face rubbing, or the stebsibling romance?
#18 Posted: 18:55:20 24/06/2015
Quote: Sesshomaru75
I'm pretty sure that they're gonna keep the same-sex marriage,but I'm not 100% sure on the other stuff.

The US did censor the beach stuff in Awakening even though it didn't need to be censored and other countries didn't censor it, so...

And Idk about the "inc3st" thing, but I wouldn't be surprised if they remove it.

Considering how progressive our country is getting, it'd be a shock if they DID censor the same-sex marriages. There'd be a lot of backlash if they did.

I hope they get rid of both, its just pretty creepy imo
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#19 Posted: 20:09:05 24/06/2015

Quote: parisruelz12

Which part? The same-sex marriage, the face rubbing, or the stebsibling romance?

All of it.

TBH, I just don't want tumblr to ***** about it.
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:10:01 24/06/2015 by parisruelz12
#20 Posted: 01:04:40 25/06/2015

AND THERE ARE AWAKENING CLONES. FE:if HAS THE SAME AMOUNT OF CLONES AS MELEE DOES.
---
words. letters. filler.
#21 Posted: 01:20:18 25/06/2015

AND THERE ARE AWAKENING CLONES. FE:if HAS THE SAME AMOUNT OF CLONES AS MELEE DOES.

Well I mean, technically the Marth, Ike, Lucina, Robin, and possibly Roy ones are excusable, because of amiibo functionality, but otherwise, that's stupid.
#22 Posted: 02:06:23 25/06/2015
Awakening had pretty much most of the Fire Emblem characters in Street pass and DLC.
#23 Posted: 03:14:57 25/06/2015

Well I mean, technically the Marth, Ike, Lucina, Robin, and possibly Roy ones are excusable, because of amiibo functionality, but otherwise, that's stupid.

No, not that. LITERAL CLONES AS CHILDREN.
Spoilered for those not wanting to know.
[User Posted Image][User Posted Image]
---
words. letters. filler.
StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 6533
#24 Posted: 20:05:40 25/06/2015
I wonder if you get to date any character as either male or female? Male lead x Marx, female lead x Camilla, etc.
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
#25 Posted: 00:25:13 27/06/2015
Quote: StevemacQ
I wonder if you get to date any character as either male or female? Male lead x Marx, female lead x Camilla, etc.

No. Hoshido has the bi female, and Nohr has the bi male. You have to choose male in Nohr to marry him, and female in Hoshido to marry her.
---
words. letters. filler.
StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 6533
#26 Posted: 11:47:43 27/06/2015

No. Hoshido has the bi female, and Nohr has the bi male. You have to choose male in Nohr to marry him, and female in Hoshido to marry her.

What some gay players don't want to marry these characters. Some might prefer other characters based on their design.
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
#27 Posted: 15:14:22 27/06/2015

What some gay players don't want to marry these characters. Some might prefer other characters based on their design.

People only S rank characters to get overpowered children.
Underian Emerald Sparx Gems: 3095
#28 Posted: 19:30:59 27/06/2015
why're only two characters bi
#29 Posted: 01:25:25 28/06/2015

why are you complaining to me. im not the dev of this game
---
words. letters. filler.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me