Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > Forum Games > Survivor XI: Mons of Olympus (Chapter 5)
First | Previous | Page 4 of 4
1 2 3 4
Survivor XI: Mons of Olympus (Chapter 5) [CLOSED]
I-Brawler Emerald Sparx Gems: 3565
#151 Posted: 23:53:11 01/07/2015
\useless page claim
---
you never saw me
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#152 Posted: 00:05:01 02/07/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: Troll Slug
Which legendaries do you like?

Latias, Virizion, Deoxys, and Rayquaza. Kind of had to include him because Groudon and Kyogre were in the game.

Quote: Mesuxelf
God ****ing dammit HIR for number 3, I thought you used the "!" as punctuation. I didn't know you meant it as factorial. That's why I was so confused at the question >.>
Make it more clear next time please?

You realize you're allowed to ask for clarification, right? I prefaced it with "In math" and I end my questions with question marks. <.<;
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Mesuxelf Ripto Gems: 3666
#153 Posted: 07:29:31 02/07/2015
Quote: HIR
Quote: Troll Slug
Which legendaries do you like?

Latias, Virizion, Deoxys, and Rayquaza. Kind of had to include him because Groudon and Kyogre were in the game.

Quote: Mesuxelf
God ****ing dammit HIR for number 3, I thought you used the "!" as punctuation. I didn't know you meant it as factorial. That's why I was so confused at the question >.>
Make it more clear next time please?

You realize you're allowed to ask for clarification, right? I prefaced it with "In math" and I end my questions with question marks. <.<;

Well, ****.
#154 Posted: 16:00:15 02/07/2015 | Topic Creator
The first round of voting is now closed!
And we will have two eliminations on our hands. They just might not be who you expected. Results are incoming.
---
#155 Posted: 17:13:19 02/07/2015 | Topic Creator
Chapter 3, Night

Lugia of Team Lustrous has been eliminated from the game due to excessive inactivity!
Xerneas of Team Adamant has quit the game!
Ho-Oh and Yveltal have upgraded!

16 players now remain. Day 4 will start later, I think. @.@
---
Epic popthorn Emerald Sparx Gems: 3277
#156 Posted: 18:44:25 02/07/2015
Well, didn't see that coming.
#157 Posted: 19:15:49 02/07/2015
Those be some crazy votes
---
you never saw me
xXBeavcoonXx Gold Sparx Gems: 2628
#158 Posted: 19:19:59 02/07/2015
That moment when Dialga votes for himself
---
now its time to get funky
#159 Posted: 20:25:03 02/07/2015 | Topic Creator
Chapter 4, Day

It is now Day 4!
The Story so Far: After Xerneas's questionable sacrifice, the two teams have traveled to Shamouti Island. Scarlet Queen and Guile Steelfist are up to their tricks here too! Stop them before it's too late!

For today's challenge...
Defeat the BOSS: Mecha-Tyranitar!

Answer these 10 questions. The theme this time revolves around "low." Why is that? Well...

SCORING: In order to be eligible to win immunity, you MUST earn a score of 0 or less. Correct answers are worth -1 points, incorrect answers are worth +0.5 points, and skipped questions are worth +1 points. Lowest score wins. In the event that no one obtains a score of 0 or less, the player with the highest score WILL be eliminated... no votes necessary!

1. On the game show Wheel of Fortune, which space on the wheel results in the player losing all the money they’ve accumulated that round as well as their turn?

2. The limbo dance contest originated in Trinidad. What continent is Trinidad considered a part of?

3. Fill in the blank: In various combat sports, fighting dirty may sometimes be referred to as “Hitting Below the ____.”

4. The earth’s lowest land elevation point is located at what geographic landmark?

5. Multiple Choice: Tradition Chinese lo mein (lol it’s a “low” pun) may contain all of the following EXCEPT:
A: What flour noodles
B: Vegetables
C: Wontons
D: Shrimp
E: None of the above

6. Of the four main consoles available during the sixth generation of video game consoles, which one had the lowest sales?

7. Which Florida city has the lowest longitude (i.e. it’s the southernmost city) in the continental US?

8. Multiple Choice: You change your car radio from 98.7 FM to 88.3 FM. Which of the following radio wave properties did you lower?
A: Frequency
B: Amplitude
C: Wavelength
D: Energy
E: None of these were lowered

9. In the Mario Kart series, what has always been the lowest engine class available for races and grand prixs?

10. Logan International Airport (lol another “low” pun) is found in which major US city?
---
#160 Posted: 21:17:09 03/07/2015 | Topic Creator
Oh, by the way, you guys have the weekend off. Y'know, holiday weekend and what not. p_o
---
CommanderGame Emerald Sparx Gems: 3610
#161 Posted: 21:34:18 03/07/2015
Oh, by the way, you guys have the weekend off. Y'know, holiday weekend and what not. p_o

nooooooo
Troll Slug Ripto Gems: 2054
#162 Posted: 22:55:25 03/07/2015
Nice!
StormDragon21 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5550
#163 Posted: 23:27:23 03/07/2015

That weekend also happens to be the weekend I'm visiting my grandparents who don't have internet. Coincidence or no?
---
"sTORM, my parents just told me something that RUINED MY LIFE. DID YOU KNOW that Smarties have different flavors?!" ~ShadowMewX
#164 Posted: 23:57:41 03/07/2015
HIR what do you consider a continent? The definition of continent is not very clear and varies from person to person. Is Europe a continent? Is Oceania a continent? Is Central America a continent?
LunarDistortion Ripto Gems: 3606
#165 Posted: 00:17:06 04/07/2015
Quote: CommanderGame
HIR what do you consider a continent? The definition of continent is not very clear and varies from person to person. Is Europe a continent? Is Oceania a continent? Is Central America a continent?

I'd imagine he means the 7 continents: North America, South America, Europe, Africa, Asia, Australia, and Antarctica.
#166 Posted: 00:19:34 04/07/2015
Quote: LunarDistortion

I'd imagine he means the 7 continents: North America, South America, Europe, Africa, Asia, Australia, and Antarctica.

That's really ambiguous. Why are Europe and Asia seperate continents, when there's nothing that separates them? Why would Antarctica be a continent and not say, Greenland? What about Australia than? How about Indonesia and Papua New Guinea, are those Asia? And New Zealand?
IMO it should either have been a multiple choice question, or not have been a question at all.
#167 Posted: 03:53:04 04/07/2015 | Topic Creator

The 7 classic continents considered by the United Nations (and taught in American grade schools) are what I'm referring to. If the answer was going to be something ridiculous like Oceania or Central America do you really think I would've asked that question and not given a hint? <.<
---
Angel220200 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4401
#168 Posted: 04:24:53 04/07/2015

....Oh, right. I forgot you Americans have stuff going on today, haha. Time to start up some movie marathons!
Praise Arceus, our lord and savior. c:
---
Judge not, and you will not be judged; condemn not, and you will not be condemned; forgive, and you will be forgiven; give, and it will be given to you.
#169 Posted: 16:22:19 06/07/2015 | Topic Creator
The challenge has ended! gillgrunt987 wins immunity!
Day 4 Results

If you suspect some of the scores seem off you can bet that there are moves and abilities in play.

Also, no flavor text for this one, not that anyone seems to care. ;~;

It is now Night 4!
Please submit your vote for a player to eliminate from the game, along with any moves you wish to use, by PM. Several of you have reported to me you are on vacation at the moment, so in order to be eliminated a player will need at least 5 votes. In the event no one reaches this amount, we will vote again using the 2 players who received the most votes. In addition, any votes for gillgrunt987 will count as a vote for yourself.

As a preview, the next challenge will blind you with SCIENCE! You may want to put on your chemistry lab goggles. ^.^;
---
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6081
#170 Posted: 16:34:30 06/07/2015
I read your FT HIR-senpai. D: I just usually wait until the day is completed, then read the whole day & night back to back.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
Will171717 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1208
#171 Posted: 16:52:51 06/07/2015
Survivor is back? I missed a lot!
---
henlo
#172 Posted: 15:13:40 07/07/2015 | Topic Creator
The 1st round of voting is now closed!
And 1 player reached the 5 vote minimum (just barely). They certainly won't be happy, but those are the breaks. Results will be incoming.
---
#173 Posted: 22:15:09 07/07/2015 | Topic Creator
Chapter 4, Night

Palkia, the leader of Team Lustrous, has been eliminated from the game!
Dialga has upgraded!
15 players remain

Chapter 5, Day

It is now Day 5!
The story so far: Thinking Giratina to be behind Palkia's death, both Team Lustrous and Team Adamant have fled to the Kalos Power Plant in order to recharge. But it looks like some mangy bug has beaten them to the punch! Could he be allied with the Nihilists? Doesn't matter, because you've got to escape less you get blown to bits like Palkia did!

For today's challenge...
ENERGIZE!

Our bodies need energy for everything. LIEK ANSWERING TRIVIA QUESTIONS HURR DURR! *brick'd* Okay, okay, but in all seriousness, there is a fine elegance to the multitude of processes that interconnect to provide us energy. So let's put on our scientists hats for some energetic questions all about energy! Don't fret... most of them are multiple choice, so even if you slept through your chemistry and biology classes, you still have a shot here.

SCORING: 1 point for each correct answer, 0 points for each incorrect answer, -0.5 points for skipped questions. The BONUS is worth 2 points. Highest score wins! And please, for the love of Arceus, do NOT pick Option X for any multiple choice questions. ;>.>

1. Peptidases are a class of enzymes found exclusively in the stomach. What type of molecule are peptidases designed to digest?
A: Carbs
B: Fats
C: Proteins
D: Vitamins
E: None of the Above

2. True or False: Your heart muscle relies on fatty acids for most of its energy supply.

3. You’re in the middle of an INTENSE WORKOUT (maybe Secret Super Training) and your breathing is labored. Which process will your muscles rely on for energy?
A: Glycolysis
B: The Krebs Cycle
C: Oxidative Phosphorylation
D: Gluconeogenesis
E: Lactic acid fermentation

4. Which of the following types of chemical reactions is primarily used by cells to create the electrochemical gradient needed to make lots of ATP (energy)?
A: Single-replacement reactions
B: Double-replacement reactions
C: Neutralization reaction (Acid/Base reaction)
D: Redox reaction
X: A Fine Bros “Reacts” video

5. True or False: The electron carrier molecule NAD is derived from riboflavin (Vitamin B-2).

6. The process of beta oxidation makes a molecule of acetyl-CoA for every 2 carbon atoms in a fatty acid chain. If you have a 6-carbon fatty acid, how many acetyl-CoA’s will you make?

7. The 7th step of the Krebs Cycle involves the formation of a molecule called malate from a molecule called fumurate. Which enzyme do you think helps do this?
A: Fumarase
B: Malatase
C: Malate dehydrogenase
D: Sevenerase
X: HIRITASE

8. In glycogenesis the liver creates storages of glycogen. Which sugar molecule goes into making glycogen?
A: Glucose
B: Fructose
C: Lactose
D: Maltose
X: Riptose

9. If you have Type-I Diabetes, your body is unable to produce insulin, which helps cells take in glucose from the blood. Which energy-making process would decrease in someone with untreated Type-I Diabetes?
A: Oxidative Phosphorylation
B: Glycolysis
C: Beta Oxidation
D: Ketolysis
X: All of these are wrong. Type-I Diabetics actually make so much energy their bodies don’t know what to do with it all so they just explode!

10. True or False: Red Blood Cells rely solely on glucose for their energy needs.

BONUS: Proteins are made up of various combinations of amino acids. How many amino acids are there? (Hint: These are not the same as vitamins!)
---
#174 Posted: 22:43:38 07/07/2015
lol yeah I was palkia
Oh and HIR the don't know who's who thing sounds fun on paper, but when you don't even know who your own teammates are, it feels way to luck based. It's pretty much impossible to know who's who until much further into the game. But oh well, I wasn't being that active/good anyways.
#175 Posted: 15:24:14 08/07/2015 | Topic Creator
Only have 5 responses so far. Sheesh. >.>
---
#176 Posted: 23:23:38 08/07/2015

I'm pretty sure very few if any legit knows this stuff and is either guessing or waiting to ask certain friends/family.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
gillgrunt987 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7386
#177 Posted: 23:38:22 08/07/2015
Quote: Seiki

I'm pretty sure very few if any legit knows this stuff and is either guessing or waiting to ask certain friends/family.

Is it bad that this is kinda what I did for this round?
---
I can survive scalding hot coffee and being whipped for 24 hours a day. Digestive biscuits or riot.
Will171717 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1208
#178 Posted: 00:24:17 09/07/2015
Yeah my family knows a lot about this stuff, a lot of science majors
---
henlo
#179 Posted: 01:26:53 09/07/2015

I'm sure a couple of people (myself included) haven't taken any health classes or don't have the stomach for health classes.
---
"sTORM, my parents just told me something that RUINED MY LIFE. DID YOU KNOW that Smarties have different flavors?!" ~ShadowMewX
#180 Posted: 22:15:36 09/07/2015 | Topic Creator
Challenge over!
First off, xXBeavcoonXx has been temporarily possessed by Will171717. All the answers and data will still use his name, but Will's the one sending everything in. Anyhow...

Day 5 Results

gillgrunt987 wins immunity! Whoa... Deja vu.

It is now Night 5! Another Double Elimination Night!

Due to HIR's rapidly declining health (huzzah) we're going to have to speed things up a bit. All moves and abilities are locked this evening. You will submit 2 votes, each for a different player you want to eliminate, by PM. Can't vote for gillgrunt987 or else you'll vote for yourself. The players with the 2 highest amount of votes will be eliminated, provided they get at least 5 votes each. If no one reaches that amount, we will re-vote with your options limited to the 3 players with the most votes.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:15:59 09/07/2015 by HIR
#181 Posted: 22:35:04 09/07/2015
gillgrunt987 is a hacker
#182 Posted: 22:39:14 09/07/2015
Quote: Epic popthorn
gillgrunt987 is a hacker

we should vote him tonight
---
you never saw me
#183 Posted: 22:41:24 09/07/2015
gillgrunt987 is a hacker

totes hacking here like its confirmed yeah... but what if gillgrunt987 was not hacker?

Quote: I-Brawler
gillgrunt987 is a hacker

indeed
---
I can survive scalding hot coffee and being whipped for 24 hours a day. Digestive biscuits or riot.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:43:48 09/07/2015 by gillgrunt987
#184 Posted: 22:41:35 09/07/2015
gillgrunt987 is a hacker

lets do it
#185 Posted: 22:42:58 09/07/2015
gillgrunt987 is a hacker

lets do it

i agree wholeheartedly, lets get him out of here
---
#186 Posted: 22:49:16 09/07/2015
Quote: gillgrunt987

lets do it

great

we need everyone we can get
---
you never saw me
#187 Posted: 22:58:33 09/07/2015
Quote: gillgrunt987

lets do it

great

we need everyone we can get

cmon people we need to stop the hacker
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8470
#188 Posted: 23:48:09 09/07/2015
Gillgrunt is a ****ing NNNNNNNEEEEEEERRRRRRRRDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!
#189 Posted: 00:04:24 10/07/2015
Quote: somePerson
Gillgrunt is a ****ing NNNNNNNEEEEEEERRRRRRRRDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!

Yes I am sir, and I'm about to have the time of my ****ing life trying to get gillgrunt987 out of this topic smilie

I've also heard he's a scrub, hopefully the remaning Survivor players can terminate him quickly in round 6, otherwise he'll be back being a l33t h4x0r 1n t1hs gam3.
---
#190 Posted: 01:50:18 10/07/2015
Hey, it's not my fault that I've never taken health classes. OR IS IT? Dun dun dun…
---
#191 Posted: 13:40:54 10/07/2015 | Topic Creator
The 1st round of voting is closed!
While 1 player got well over the number of votes needed, a 2nd player did not. Based on the tiebreaker determined by your leaders, we will be doing a re-vote. Please send in 1 vote for either Dmcrocks or slambam104 by PM.
---
#192 Posted: 22:46:23 14/07/2015
Hope you feel better soon, HIR-senapi. smilie
---
LunarDistortion Ripto Gems: 3606
#193 Posted: 10:20:01 17/07/2015
Not to be rude, but it's been a week since the last update. I was wondering if this will be continued.

Get well soon, HIR!
Troll Slug Ripto Gems: 2054
#194 Posted: 20:46:05 17/07/2015
Get well soon!
First | Previous | Page 4 of 4
1 2 3 4

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me