Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > TtL Competition from 2013 to present
Page 1 of 1
TtL Competition from 2013 to present [CLOSED]
LameLime Yellow Sparx Gems: 1200
#1 Posted: 00:45:52 22/06/2015 | Topic Creator
I made a list of the three years multiple TtL lines (Not just Skylanders) were active. Then I did what I believe dominated the yearly competition:

- Skylanders SWAP Force
- Disney INFINITY

SWAP Force wins the competition. Disney INFINITY uses the same figure mechanics as Giants and Spyro's Adventure, as well as Power Discs that function the same. SWAP Force, on the other hand, introduced figures with swappable halves, therefore winning against INFINITY.

- Skylanders Trap Team
- Disney INFINITY 2.0/Marvel Superheroes
- Amiibo

Skylanders was still the king of TtL as it introduced traps and portal sounds with even greater realism of the TtL concept. Meanwhile, Disney INFINITY hasn't changed and Amiibo is the same default TtL except you can tap to use it, not to mention many amiibo are hard-to-find.

- Skylanders Superchargers
- Disney INFINITY 3.0/Star Wars
- LEGO Dimensions
(I may have left something new for Amiibo, so this may be corrected)

LEGO Dimensions instead could win this year's competition. TT introduces multiple new TtL mechanics including a more technical base and buildable LEGO figures that can be rebuilt into something different. The rebuilds appear in-game as well. Despite Activision's domination, they fail to get past Dimensions and introduce more unique TtL gameplay with just vehicles that can be placed alongside the character figure. Disney INFINITY STILL hasn't changed (By the looks of things).
---
NOSTALGA-LANDERS COLLECTION (Spyro's Adventure)
30/32 Skylanders -- 4/4 Levels -- 8/9 Items (Includes VV)
Missing: smilie smilie + Ghost Swords
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me