darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: SuperChargers > Has the Nintendo characters changed your mind on what system to buy the game on?
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
Has the Nintendo characters changed your mind on what system to buy the game on?
SirKev7 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1251
#1 Posted: 11:10:26 21/06/2015 | Topic Creator
Title.
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12781
#2 Posted: 12:26:51 21/06/2015
Actually yes. If I was gonna get the game, I would've gone for Wii U but now I would've chose PS3/PS4 instead just because I'd rather have Spitfire.
BlackWing116 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1480
#3 Posted: 12:28:46 21/06/2015
I've got not much of a choise to go for either Wii//Wii U
TTD Hunter Gems: 6253
#4 Posted: 12:35:35 21/06/2015
It has, yes. I cancelled my PS4 preorder and preordered the Wii U & 3DS versions of the game.

Quote: alicecarp
Actually yes. If I was gonna get the game, I would've gone for Wii U but now I would've chose PS3/PS4 instead just because I'd rather have Spitfire.

I think that Spitfire will probably come in a single pack, I don't think that activision are stupid enough lock Wii U, 3DS and Wii owners out of the opportunity to play as spitfire.
BlackWing116 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1480
#5 Posted: 12:52:39 21/06/2015
Quote: TTD
It has, yes. I cancelled my PS4 preorder and preordered the Wii U & 3DS versions of the game.

I think that Spitfire will probably come in a single pack, I don't think that activision are stupid enough lock Wii U, 3DS and Wii owners out of the opportunity to play as spitfire.

-And, to add. If not, SpitFire will be easy to get through second hand shops//Ebay.
FireMeowth Emerald Sparx Gems: 3230
#6 Posted: 12:55:04 21/06/2015
Technically, yes. Before the announcement, I figured I might not buy SuperChargers because I spend so much on amiibos (and soon LEGO Dimensions packs) these days, but now I'm definitely gonna get the Wii U and 3DS versions. :)

I was always gonna get those versions if I decided to stick with Skylanders for another year, though. The Wii U version is always the best, after all.

And yeah, Spitfire's most definitely gonna be available outside of the starter packs. They wouldn't want to anger the Nintendo fans that they're aiming to please with the amiibo Skylanders.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 12:56:06 21/06/2015 by FireMeowth
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10050
#7 Posted: 13:18:18 21/06/2015
Nope! Yes, the bonus sounds awesome, but I'll get Digital Owners because of importing issues and my portals are all x360.Yeah, I could sell some stuff to get Digital Owners on WiiU, but I'm not really dying to play as Bowser and DK to take twice the time to get the game.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Blink182Bouncer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1659
#8 Posted: 13:38:39 21/06/2015
Also, Gamestop has preowned characters in stores now
---
Still Waiting For Legendary Tom DeLonge To Come In The Blink-182 Triple Pack.
WHY DID THEY MAKE MATT SKIBA "CALIFORNIA EDITION EXCLUSIVE"
Spyro7850 Gold Sparx Gems: 2656
#9 Posted: 14:05:55 21/06/2015
Nope. I was Wii U the whole time.
---
#1 Roller Brawl fan
"Ness, you'll always be the best character in Smash."
-Brawl in the Family, Comic #599
Blink182Bouncer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1659
#10 Posted: 14:19:46 21/06/2015
I was also Wii U all the way
---
Still Waiting For Legendary Tom DeLonge To Come In The Blink-182 Triple Pack.
WHY DID THEY MAKE MATT SKIBA "CALIFORNIA EDITION EXCLUSIVE"
Mojoguy109 Blue Sparx Gems: 568
#11 Posted: 14:20:17 21/06/2015
No I preordered the xbox one version and I am not changing my mind
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:27:35 21/06/2015 by Mojoguy109
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
#12 Posted: 14:20:53 21/06/2015
Not really as I don't have a Wii U and the Wii/3DS are just racing games. I'm slightly interested in a Bowser and DK as a Skylanders figure, but only because it's such a unique event and a bit of a shocker. I'm quite perplexed by Bowser as Activision has said several times that they didn't want us to play as villian figures for whatever PC-type reason they have. Bowser is Kaos level badness and now we have a figure so whatever. Kaos for Sky 6!

I hate DK, so I wouldn't want him but I cannot tell if he's a major level baddie still or just a beast that gets harrassed by humans too much and is seen as a baddie because of that. I don't really know his history as I don't like DK Country games at all to know what they are all about.

I was thinking about this crossover the other day and I had realized that it's probably not that big of a deal. They have that Hyrule Warriors which is Dynasty Warriors X Zelda crossover. They have Pokémon Conquest which is Pokémon X Nobunaga's Ambition. Tekken Tag Tournament 2 has Nintendo themed outfits. And I'm sure there are more that I have forgotten about that dates older than these examples. It seems Nintendo isn't as against lending it's properties out for crossovers as we may think. We assume they are anti-Activision because of the Amiibo thing, but business is business and they'll do anything for a buck such as "sleeping with the enemy."
---
Stay Cool!
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#13 Posted: 14:30:08 21/06/2015

Well, they already did the same with PlayStation and XBOX users, so... smilie
But I don't think they won't release him and Hot Streak as singles (maybe as variants...?).

To answer the question... Yes-ish.

I am still going to get the PS4 Starter Pack but I don't think I'm going to get the 3DS version too anymore.
At least not until I know more of it.

A racing-only game doesn't sounds interesting to me and Bowser would be almost useless since I don't own a Wii U to properly play as him.
Not to mention I don't absolutely want another mandatory Super Shot Stealth Elf.

But I didn't decided yet.
If the game interests me I will pass over those annoying things.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#14 Posted: 15:00:38 21/06/2015
I may break down and get a Wii U, but seriously there hasn't been a great surge of great content to justify it. I'll likely get the starters for the figures and pick up the console when it's dirt cheap and eol, which by my accounts will be 2 years or so from now.
superhalite Blue Sparx Gems: 970
#15 Posted: 15:05:41 21/06/2015
It kind of did. I went wiiu all the way, but now I'm not getting the 3ds version. I will hope bowser and clown cruiser come in single packs.
---
We rely too much on technology yes that is true,but it's not going anywhere.
#16 Posted: 15:09:33 21/06/2015
Pretty sure it was confirmed starters only.
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5033
#17 Posted: 15:30:08 21/06/2015
if i was going to pick up this game i would definitive pick the wiiu version. spitfire will be sold separate that i am sure of...
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#18 Posted: 15:32:29 21/06/2015
I'm still playing the Wii U. So no problem for me whatsoever.
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#19 Posted: 15:44:37 21/06/2015
Quote: TakeYourLemons
I may break down and get a Wii U, but seriously there hasn't been a great surge of great content to justify it. I'll likely get the starters for the figures and pick up the console when it's dirt cheap and eol, which by my accounts will be 2 years or so from now.

In in the same camp you are. My wife thought we should go with a second system and we decided to get a second PS4. I'm kind of concerned about spending $300 on super out dated tech. but there are some games I'd like to try. Plus with so many other purchases between Super Chargers/Infinity/Lego Dimensions I don't know if I can justify the extra expense. It might need to wait until next year.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:56:43 22/06/2015 by Tigorus
TTD Hunter Gems: 6253
#20 Posted: 15:55:41 21/06/2015
Quote: TakeYourLemons

This may entice you:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wik...ii_U-only_games

I got swap force on Wii U and although the graphics weren't on par with the PS4, it still had better graphics than the Xbox 360 and the PS3. Furthermore, the offscreen gamepad play can be extremely helpful (you can play in bed, watch TV while playing/ multitask).
#21 Posted: 15:58:47 21/06/2015
WiiU has plenty of great games,especially released these last two years, but the problem with the switch is on people using X1/X360 portals for sure if you're going for Digital Owners(which I know in this forum isn't many,but lurkers exist). Going from Playstation is easier since the portals are compatible iirc.
---
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#22 Posted: 16:10:40 21/06/2015
Quote: Bifrost
WiiU has plenty of great games,especially released these last two years, but the problem with the switch is on people using X1/X360 portals for sure if you're going for Digital Owners(which I know in this forum isn't many,but lurkers exist). Going from Playstation is easier since the portals are compatible iirc.

I imagine that the majority of folks that would be considering switching to Wii U wouldn't go digital, as they'll want the figures from the starter pack (the main reason they'd want to switch systems at this point).
#23 Posted: 16:16:01 21/06/2015
Quote: UncleBob

I imagine that the majority of folks that would be considering switching to Wii U wouldn't go digital, as they'll want the figures from the starter pack (the main reason they'd want to switch systems at this point).

Possibly,but in cases like mine it'd be actually cheaper to get Bowser and DK loose even with Digital Owners. But of course, that's for someone in a country where the games were axed,go for Starter Pack for all the goodies if it's affordable for sure.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:16:16 21/06/2015 by Bifrost
#24 Posted: 16:21:06 21/06/2015
Quote: Bifrost
Possibly,but in cases like mine it'd be actually cheaper to get Bowser and DK loose even with Digital Owners. But of course, that's for someone in a country where the games were axed,go for Starter Pack for all the goodies if it's affordable for sure.

Yeah, you get screwed on so many levels. :(
Nightmoon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1760
#25 Posted: 16:45:17 21/06/2015
My initial plan was PS4, and maybe Wii to play on Wii U.

Stealth Elf being in both starters messed with that idea (returning character was one bad mark already, duplicates of it disgusts me to the core). So, either I get Wii physical and PS4 digital, plus pre-owned or preferably retail single/signature packs of Spitfire and Hot Streak - or I just get PS4 physical and boycott the Wii version.

I really like Bowser, and I'd like to try the Racing game, but duplicate Stealth Elf, just no. Don't care about Donkey Kong, but if I get Bowser, I might also get the digital Wii U version to play with him in proper Skylanders gameplay. PS4 would still be my go to system, though.

I predict that the stacks of unbought Wii starters are going to pile up for the third year in a row for the local TRU. It has tons of SF, Dark SF and TT for Wii, while other consoles/tablet only have TT, which in total are as many as TT for Wii alone. Side note: 3DS only has a single TT starter left, so that was surprisingly popular.
---
Phoenix Crystal is the best unreleased Crystal.
Skylanders Academy Season 2 was an improvement.
I don't know what to think of Skylanders' future.
LoveProfusion15 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1701
#26 Posted: 16:46:35 21/06/2015
I was always going to buy the Wii U version, and now even more so because of the bonus. I can find Spitfire anywhere, its not as exclusive as Donkey Kong or Bowser. But I didn't intend to buy the 3DS version, but since its a separate game thats lkike the Wii version, I will just get the 3DS version to be able to travel with the game and get Bowser as well.
ExcitonKnight Gold Sparx Gems: 2753
#27 Posted: 16:57:07 21/06/2015
Quote: LoveProfusion15
I was always going to buy the Wii U version, and now even more so because of the bonus. I can find Spitfire anywhere, its not as exclusive as Donkey Kong or Bowser. But I didn't intend to buy the 3DS version, but since its a separate game thats lkike the Wii version, I will just get the 3DS version to be able to travel with the game and get Bowser as well.

This.
---
Merry Christmas ya filthy animal
AzureStarline Emerald Sparx Gems: 3539
#28 Posted: 17:09:54 21/06/2015
Nope. Wii and PS4. Only doing Wii instead of 3DS this year since it'll play on my Wii U and I'd prefer to play this franchise on a TV and not a handheld when possible.
---
Favorites: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#29 Posted: 17:28:47 21/06/2015
I only play Wii U nowadays anyway, but I might consider getting 3DS too because of Bowser.

And I actually have a plan for the duplicate SS Stealth Elf. Trade it in to a retailer that lets you trade in Skylanders figures.

Because there are people who do like getting duplicates, as they can try out both paths of a character, or who like duplicate figures to customize.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5379
#30 Posted: 17:36:48 21/06/2015
The Nintendo characters are the reason I'll be buying the game at all. I had lost interest in the Skylanders franchise some time during Swap Force, but now my interest is not only revitalized but even greater than it was before. I love the idea of being able to play as Bowser and Donkey Kong in Skylanders, and I love the concept of Amiibo/Skylander hybrids that I can use both in Skylanders and in any amiibo supported game. I hope we get more Amiibo/Skylander hybrids in the future.
---
Boop me if you see this.
Chef peeper Green Sparx Gems: 407
#31 Posted: 17:59:28 21/06/2015
No. Because I only have a ps3 and I don't want to go and get a wii u.
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12781
#32 Posted: 18:15:54 21/06/2015

True, but I'm not really that bothered about DK or Bowser anyway so I might as well just buy a starter pack that has Spitfire in.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#33 Posted: 18:16:41 21/06/2015
Yes. I was just gonna get it for the one... but donkey kong.
FrozenLionheart Blue Sparx Gems: 779
#34 Posted: 18:21:56 21/06/2015
Its totally pushed me away from the 3ds copy, as I was going to get that and the xbox one versions, sticking with the xbox one copy now
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#35 Posted: 20:08:07 21/06/2015
I would only bu it for Wii U if Pit was made an Skylander, but that seems unprobable, at least for this game.
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#36 Posted: 23:07:55 21/06/2015
Besides the 3DS version being worthwhile now, no real change as I am still getting the regular game for Wii U.
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
lordexodus Gold Sparx Gems: 2508
#37 Posted: 23:17:39 21/06/2015
I'm getting the WiiU version...

Having ALL the characters is what really matters...
---
Need accurate & evident release info on Skylanders Imaginators...
ladala Yellow Sparx Gems: 1935
#38 Posted: 23:21:18 21/06/2015
I'm considering getting the 3DS version this time.

...Although that has less to do with Bowser and more to do with the fact that I don't have a decent racing game on my 3DS. It used to be one of my favorite genres, but I haven't gotten a good racing game in years.

Console-wise, no change. The Wii U is the most current console I have, so that's the console I'm planning to get Superchargers on.
---
Thank you for releasing me!
wideawakewesley Emerald Sparx Gems: 3281
#39 Posted: 13:44:08 22/06/2015
My son wanted it on PS4 (as did I), but I think we may need to get the Wii U version now, which is frustrating as I'm sure it'll look better on PS4. I'll probably look to get the 3DS version too as I'd like to have both Bowser and DK.
---
Contributor to Family Gamer TV - http://www.familygamer.tv/
Follow me on twitter - http://www.twitter.com/wideawakewesley
#40 Posted: 14:11:22 22/06/2015
Get it for both systems. I'm sure Activision wouldn't mind. smilie
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5033
#41 Posted: 14:22:48 22/06/2015
dont forget that bowser edition too, they are after all thinking about our wallets this time. so its only 2 figurines and toy cars set you need to get, to have access to everything(one set included with the game)... its waaaay cheaper than last game.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#42 Posted: 15:02:21 22/06/2015
Assuming I'm a Nintendo-only owner, with Wii, Wii U and 3DS, I would "only" have to buy two Starter Packs (one for Bowser and one for Donkey Kong) and that's assuming both Hot streak and Spitfire will be sold separately.

Yup, waaaaaay cheaper.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
GamerDrone Emerald Sparx Gems: 3287
#43 Posted: 15:34:14 22/06/2015
No, I will still buy it for PS4. My son has a 3DS, so I may buy that one. But, I do want the Donkey Kong figure, even though I don't have a Wii U. It all depends upon what type of deal I can get. I'll probably wait until Black Friday to get the Nintendo Starter Packs. I'm sure there will be some enticing deals by then.
#44 Posted: 15:55:54 22/06/2015
Yeah I'm gonna cave and get a freakin Wii U....dammit...lol. That Bowser is just AMAZING. I love summoner builds as well as turtles....HE SUMMONS TURTLES!!! (I know their Koopa's). Plus there are a few games that look interesting enough to justify the system. Shin Meg. X Fire Emblem looks too insane to not try. Bowser has been my fav. character from the Mario universe since Super Mario RPG. He's always been such a badass. I think that's why I was so bitter when he was announced as a Nintendo exclusive. I actually thought Nintendo was branching out and "enticing" people with their characters to try and win them over...I should have known better. I can't think of another brand that is this restrictive with their I.P.'s. But since I'm actually considering getting a Wii U now, they win this round.
#45 Posted: 16:28:33 22/06/2015
Quote: Tigorus
I can't think of another brand that is this restrictive with their I.P.'s.

As opposed to all those Sony and Microsoft IPs on Nintendo systems?
#46 Posted: 16:40:50 22/06/2015

I have no way of knowing this but we're not sure if they've even been asked. Plus neither console has the abundance of family friendly characters that Nintendo has access to. It's also already been stated that Skylanders has always sold more copies on the Wii (not sure about Wii U) at least up to Trap Team. So Nintendo helped establish Skylanders as a franchise more than any other system. I mean what Sony only franchises would they use? I can only think of Sack Boy from Little Big Planet. I can't think of anything from Microsoft that is a X-Box exclusive and family friendly. I haven't had an X-Box since it was just X-Box.
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#47 Posted: 17:25:40 22/06/2015
I may not be that much into Skylanders anymore but IF i'm gonna get the game then on the Wii U, its just amazing how donkey kong gets to be a Skylander
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5379
#48 Posted: 20:14:07 22/06/2015

I have no way of knowing this but we're not sure if they've even been asked. Plus neither console has the abundance of family friendly characters that Nintendo has access to. It's also already been stated that Skylanders has always sold more copies on the Wii (not sure about Wii U) at least up to Trap Team. So Nintendo helped establish Skylanders as a franchise more than any other system. I mean what Sony only franchises would they use? I can only think of Sack Boy from Little Big Planet. I can't think of anything from Microsoft that is a X-Box exclusive and family friendly. I haven't had an X-Box since it was just X-Box.

Sony has a few family friendly franchises. Alongside LittleBigPlanet they also own Ratchet & Clank, Sly Cooper, Jak & Daxter, and Ape Escape.

And Microsoft owns Rare, remember, so that means they own Banjo-Kazooie.
---
Boop me if you see this.
hotmouse Green Sparx Gems: 297
#49 Posted: 21:09:44 22/06/2015
I don't own a Wii U, and I'm not going to buy one just to play Skylanders.

But I can't play the full game with all the Superchargers unless I have one (they aren't recognised on XBox or PS).

So I'm not going to buy the game.

Simple Logic.

Bye Bye.
#50 Posted: 22:06:11 22/06/2015
I'm curious for anyone who feels like they aren't getting the "full game" - console-exclusive content for games is nothing new and has been around since, easily, the SNES/Genesis days (one could make an argument for it existing in the Atari/Intellivision/Colecovision days). Have you previously refused to buy games tha features console-exclusive content on other platforms?
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me