Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Inside Out (Spoilers.) [CLOSED]
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#1 Posted: 15:02:14 20/06/2015 | Topic Creator
Since nobody else has done this.

I liked this movie... it was cute.

Anger had a bigger role than I thought.

Joy is an asshole, in my opinion. She almost abandoned sadness just so she could keep riley "Happy." All she cared about was to get back to get riley back to the status quo, and i bet if bing bong lived, she would have backstabbed him.

Take her to the moon for me, okay?
StriderSwag Gold Sparx Gems: 2769
#2 Posted: 15:09:06 20/06/2015
I saw it yesterday, I loved it. Anger was definitely my favorite.

I was so happy about that tbh

Basically yeah

THAT PART BROKE ME
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3872
#3 Posted: 15:10:07 20/06/2015
Im gonna see it.
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
#4 Posted: 15:10:46 20/06/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: StriderSwag

Basically yeah

THAT PART BROKE ME

The part where she tried to run away or the death of dolphin cotton candy elephant cat man?

Anger is cool.
#5 Posted: 15:12:27 20/06/2015
Quote: ZapNorris

Basically yeah

THAT PART BROKE ME

The part where she tried to run away or the death of dolphin cotton candy elephant cat man?

Anger is cool.

BING BONG'S DEATH
THAT BROKE ME
I WAS FINE
I WASNT CRYING
UNTIL THAT

who's your friend that likes to play
spoiler alert, spoiler alert
#6 Posted: 15:15:10 20/06/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: ZapNorris

Basically yeah

THAT PART BROKE ME

Anger is cool.

BING BONG'S DEATH
THAT BROKE ME
I WAS FINE
I WASNT CRYING
UNTIL THAT

who's your friend that likes to play
spoiler alert, spoiler alert

Who's rocket makes you shout- WHY PIXAR WHY

spoilers above!
Wreckingball13 Gold Sparx Gems: 2583
#7 Posted: 15:17:15 20/06/2015
The movie is Pixar's best they've made besides Up of course. By far the best movie of the year.
#8 Posted: 17:22:34 20/06/2015 | Topic Creator
You gotta admit, sadness is cute, in the adorable way.

[User Posted Image]
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#9 Posted: 18:22:48 20/06/2015
Maybe, I like Amy Pohler and sadness is cute.

So maybe, IDK.
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
Greeble Emerald Sparx Gems: 4276
#10 Posted: 19:05:28 20/06/2015
Never seen it.

Is it worth the time?
---
^ You all know it's true
Wreckingball13 Gold Sparx Gems: 2583
#11 Posted: 19:27:59 20/06/2015
Quote: Greeble
Never seen it.

Is it worth the time?

Yes. It is fantastic.
Ryanator20x6 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1848
#12 Posted: 21:17:24 20/06/2015
Tripledent Gum,

it'll make you smile!

Tripledent Gum,

it lasts a while!

Tripledent Gum,

it'll help 'ya mister,

to punch bad breath right in the kisser!

Tripledent Gum!

---
Hello from Seattle

ask.fm/RyanNeely889
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:19:26 20/06/2015 by Ryanator20x6
spyrothe111 Ripto Gems: 3702
#13 Posted: 23:52:30 20/06/2015
Just saw it today, it was amazing!
MoonHorizons Gold Sparx Gems: 2826
#14 Posted: 00:04:05 21/06/2015
It's not really a movie I've been interested in seeing, because it looks like a re-hash of Pixar's other movies to me.

I'll probably go see it though to form an in-depth opinion on it, there may be something I'm missing here.
---
the more obscure your favorite cartoons are, the more refined your taste is
Skylanders fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3952
#15 Posted: 01:58:50 21/06/2015
seeing it wensday can't wait
---
Yep still around just not posting much anymore
#16 Posted: 02:03:29 21/06/2015
Quote: MoonHorizons
It's not really a movie I've been interested in seeing, because it looks like a re-hash of Pixar's other movies to me.

I'll probably go see it though to form an in-depth opinion on it, there may be something I'm missing here.

You are really, really wrong about that.
#17 Posted: 02:18:44 21/06/2015

the trope of the inattentive dad

two main characters who don't like each other thrust out of their environment and now have to journey back to where they want to be at. ( toy story, finding nemo, up, )

main character tries to escape without sidekick only to result in it messing them up and then realizing their sidekick isn't as useless as previously thought. ( toy story again, finding nemo again, monsters inc, )

i will be seeing it soon though to see if it's actually not what i was expecting though, so my opinions will change.
---
#18 Posted: 02:41:42 21/06/2015

two main characters who don't like each other thrust out of their environment and now have to journey back to where they want to be at. ( toy story, finding nemo, up, )

main character tries to escape without sidekick only to result in it messing them up and then realizing their sidekick isn't as useless as previously thought. ( toy story again, finding nemo again, monsters inc, )

i will be seeing it soon though to see if it's actually not what i was expecting though, so my opinions will change.

By your logic, not only would all Pixar movies be "re-hashed", but most movies in general.

Inattentive dad? That trope can apply to Iron Man 2, Godzilla (2014), and a reversal of this trope can be seen in Pacific Rim.
Two characters with a dislike for each other go on a journey? Thor: The Dark World, Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope, even in the upcoming Deadpool film, that'll be present.
Sidekick isn't as useless as they thought? Even that god awful Batman and Robin movie had that.

Those are just tropes. They're present in literally every movie. The Hero's Journey? That think everyone learns about in 6th grade literature class, and any Introduction to Film classes? That's the basis of nearly every story ever made, and that's widely considered a trope. All in all, this just boils down to common traits in most films, not "re-hashed" story. The advertising for Inside Out left actually a lot of the story out, and it probably will surprise you. There's a whole subplot (if you can call it that, it's really just as important and followed as the main storyline) in Inside Out featuring a very unique and compelling storyline, and I honestly think it was one of the best Disney or Pixar films produced. it provided a unique idea, very fun and engaging characters, and like the subject matter itself, it engages you on an emotional level. All those emotions in the film, like Joy, Sadness, Anger, Fear, and Disgust? Save for disgust, Inside Out made me feel all of those. My girlfriend felt the same way, just switch anger with disgust.

If you consider films "unique" based on whether or not they use certain tropes, then I'm very sorry to say, hardly any film is unique by that standard. What makes films unique and enjoyable is the stories they present to you, and the characters you feel for.
#19 Posted: 03:13:26 21/06/2015

By your logic, not only would all Pixar movies be "re-hashed", but most movies in general.

Inattentive dad? That trope can apply to Iron Man 2, Godzilla (2014), and a reversal of this trope can be seen in Pacific Rim.
Two characters with a dislike for each other go on a journey? Thor: The Dark World, Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope, even in the upcoming Deadpool film, that'll be present.
Sidekick isn't as useless as they thought? Even that god awful Batman and Robin movie had that.

Those are just tropes. They're present in literally every movie. The Hero's Journey? That think everyone learns about in 6th grade literature class, and any Introduction to Film classes? That's the basis of nearly every story ever made, and that's widely considered a trope. All in all, this just boils down to common traits in most films, not "re-hashed" story. The advertising for Inside Out left actually a lot of the story out, and it probably will surprise you. There's a whole subplot (if you can call it that, it's really just as important and followed as the main storyline) in Inside Out featuring a very unique and compelling storyline, and I honestly think it was one of the best Disney or Pixar films produced. it provided a unique idea, very fun and engaging characters, and like the subject matter itself, it engages you on an emotional level. All those emotions in the film, like Joy, Sadness, Anger, Fear, and Disgust? Save for disgust, Inside Out made me feel all of those. My girlfriend felt the same way, just switch anger with disgust.

If you consider films "unique" based on whether or not they use certain tropes, then I'm very sorry to say, hardly any film is unique by that standard. What makes films unique and enjoyable is the stories they present to you, and the characters you feel for.

true, true.

i'm hoping the film exceeds my expectations at the moment, there are and could be things in between that surprise me within the film.
---
#20 Posted: 15:29:00 21/06/2015 | Topic Creator
HEADCANON TIME

what if joy makes riley happy when she learns about space
what if that makes science island
what if she majors in astronomy
what if she becomes an astronaut
what if all these events, caused buy joy, take riley to the moon like he wanted to!
epicLLOYD Yellow Sparx Gems: 1880
#21 Posted: 16:13:13 21/06/2015
So I watched this movie today and,
Holy crap this movie was great
Joy was a ****ing asshole
Sadness was funny (The movie where the dog died)
Anger was awesome
Disgust was funny towards the end and stuff I think I like her the most (Making Anger angry and the Puberty button joke)
Fear Idc about tbh
Bing Bong was awesome and I still can't believe they killed him

When I go to Disneyland Paris in a few days I'm gonna buy some Inside Out merch for sure.
#22 Posted: 01:20:04 23/06/2015 | Topic Creator
Opinion time.

this time- opinions on all 5 emotions, plus the best imaginary friend.

spoilers tho.

Let's start with sadness. She was cool. I like how she went from the "useless" one to the bringer of empathy. She was my second favorite.

Anger was my favorite. He had a big role (spearheading the climax) and he was pretty funny. Hawaiians better watch out!

Disgust was eh. she did technically save joy and sadness.

Fear did nothing, really. I liked him, but he just was there for comic relief. smilie

Joy was my least favorite. she was a jerk. She probably would have backstabbed bing bong, and she was an ass to sadness. Leaving the being capable of creating empathy to die is not cool. She reminded me of ellen degeneres.

Bing Bong... was great. he was funny, he actually did some important stuff, and, well... He's dead. I almost cried.

Skylanders fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3952
#23 Posted: 21:32:07 24/06/2015
ok my opinions
Joy was a jerk during the movie I wish she was you know more Joyful
Anger was awesome I felt he was hilarious.
disgust was ok till the end of the movie when she saved both sadness and joy which made her a good charcter
Fear was great with the dream scene's but not important in almost any other scene (besides the ending)
Sadness was boring and just my lease favorite she just never really grew on me.
and Bing Bong was great but it was sad to see him go.

All in all I give this a 9.75/10 its the best Disney movie imo since Wreck it Ralph.
---
Yep still around just not posting much anymore
#24 Posted: 01:51:07 30/06/2015
just saw the movie.

it def exceeded my expectations.

while it's not pixar's best, it's def one of their best.
---
Carmelita Fox Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12141
#25 Posted: 01:54:08 30/06/2015
almost cried at least twice during it, but had forty keks at the credit scenes
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3872
#26 Posted: 03:32:27 30/06/2015
I cried so hard in this movie
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
pankakesparx456 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7795
#27 Posted: 13:59:27 30/06/2015
I almost cried twice watching this film. definitely Pixar's best since Toy Story 3.

I have to disagree with Joy being the worst character. To me there wasn't really any "worst character" because all of them were equally enjoyable imo. Yeah, Joy leaving Sadness and Bing Bong behind was a jerk move, but you have to look at this from Joy's perspective. All she wants is for Riley to be happy and nothing else, no matter what the cost. And she still goes through a big change in her character because she later realizes that Sadness does have an important use, it just took her a while to understand that. She pretty much has the most character development in the entire film.

And, in a way, Joy being a sort of control freak can be symbolic(because this whole movie pretty much is symbolic, what with personifying emotions as characters the way this movie does). Her whole adventure and her realizing Sadness's purpose could mean that being joyful all the time isn't always a good thing, and sometimes you just have to let other emotions take over for a bit, because it doesn't mean your other emotions are gone for good.

I feel like i'm delving way too deep into this movie, but what can you really expect. It's a movie that is clever and creative in how it handles these personified emotions, and it can really be interpreted in any way because of that. It's why pretty much anyone can relate to this movie, because there's at least one scene somewhere in this film that people can understand since they've most likely gone through something similar. And it's due to this creativity that Inside Out is my new favorite Pixar film.
---
Cool cool.
PwnageFTW Yellow Sparx Gems: 1716
#28 Posted: 20:57:35 03/07/2015
Just saw it today.

My favorite part:
When Disgust uses Anger as a blow torch.

My least favorite part:
Take her to the moon for me, okay?
---
Quote: Carmelita Fox
YOU’RE ALL DUMB SHEEP!!!!
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8190
#29 Posted: 22:31:05 03/07/2015
I loved the movie even though it damaged me with feels.

Anger did have the best lines. But Joy had the best character development as well as Sadness. Joy didn't understand Sadness. Which is normal in kids because some don't know how to handle sadness especially after moving. I certainly was not able to understand it that well either. But I am glad as the movie progressed Joy began to understand Sadness better.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:10:59 04/07/2015 by Trix Master 100
#30 Posted: 22:33:58 03/07/2015
It's pixars most okayest film.

Really forgettable in my opinion
---
#31 Posted: 22:35:25 03/07/2015
Quote: Spyrobaro
WHO'S YOUR BEST FRIEND THAT'S DEAD?

BING BONG BING BONG

- - -

You sir, are messed up.
---
Big Green Platinum Sparx Gems: 6345
#32 Posted: 22:40:44 03/07/2015
saw it in 3D with my dad, loved it

rip bing bong
valskeletor Yellow Sparx Gems: 1155
#33 Posted: 23:09:47 03/07/2015
pixar's cobra unit
---
tubular
Spyro Fanatic Hunter Gems: 12122
#34 Posted: 18:09:54 10/07/2015
I saw it tonight. As someone with clinical depression, stress and anxiety, this movie struck many raw nerves with me... And I loved it.
Blackholes_Wolf Ripto Gems: 10760
#35 Posted: 19:56:08 10/07/2015
what are emotions like with somebody who has autisim? bipolar? OCD? plz answer pixar
Kitty Platinum Sparx Gems: 5106
#36 Posted: 17:54:30 11/07/2015

Good amount of this is similar to my thoughts on the movie.

I really wanted to love it, but I just couldn't.

I hope when I see it for the second time I'll have a different perspective. I'm usually much more critical when I see a film the first time.
TorchSheep Emerald Sparx Gems: 3251
#37 Posted: 20:27:09 03/08/2015
Very late to this topic, but I just saw the movie a few days ago and I really enjoyed it from beginning to end.

I can definitely understand why people didn't like the film, or found it way too similar to previous Pixar films in terms of how it played out and I do agree with that to an extent. Though it's not the concept I found so creative and great, it was the way they explored it and left barely any opportunities missed. Sure, I've seen this idea a few times before, but never before have it seen it been done this well. Predictable? Yes. But that didn't stop me from having an absolutely fantastic time watching it, just ahh. That message at the end though was the best part of the whole movie for me, preach that point Pixar! The characters felt a little flat, but they certainly weren't as one-dimensional as I initially thought they'd be, even if the main focus was on only two of the emotions. Not the best Pixar film in my opinion, but it's definitely up there as one of my favourites.

Also, Sadness is best.
#38 Posted: 20:32:18 03/08/2015
Fear is bae.
---
#39 Posted: 21:16:53 03/08/2015
This movie had the pacing of a goddamn turtle doing 5 MPH backwards on Interstate 90. It had some cute parts but other then this, there was nothing that really stuck out. I really didn't like Riley, I feel some of her islands could have had better names, like instead of making them sound like common likes, they could have been named after more personality themed things like instead of "Family" island it should have been "family oriented" island or "Sporty" island instead of "Hockey" island. I feel like the only two islands that are personality traits are in fact, goofball and honesty island. This made Riley seem very flat, with no real flaw to her. Not only this but the emotions were kinda flat as well, but they were likable at least. I also really liked the deigns, they fit the emotions well. The imaginary character got a little annoying after a while, hell, I don't even remember his name. He just kinda felt forced upon the audience, just so we could get a heartfelt moment. I guess. To be honest, I saw it coming. And when it did come, well, I was like "lol, k" and moved on.

But then agian, I'm a really nitpickey mother****er.
---
SkylandrPurists Emerald Sparx Gems: 3399
#40 Posted: 21:36:27 10/04/2016
I stinking L-O-V-E this movie!

• It has a creative feel
  • Riley is cool
  • the emotions are awesome!
  • Joy, Disgust, and Sadness are too gosh-darn cute! smilie
  • this knows when to be funny and when to be heartwarming
  • I heard this movie can help people with autism out
  • Talk about a good moral
  • I love it! (do I need another reason)

Sorry Finding Nemo, you've been replaced as my favorite Pixar movie, but don't worry. You'll be in second!

smiliesmilie FTW
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
smiliesmilie
Jaggedstar Diamond Sparx Gems: 7728
#41 Posted: 21:44:54 10/04/2016
Sadness annoyed the living daylights outta me and Joy is my favourite character

unpopular opinions yo

also SpyroBaro go sit in a corner and think about what you just said
---
Quote: Paytawn
oh my god
#42 Posted: 21:54:10 10/04/2016
Quote: Jaggedstar
Sadness annoyed the living daylights outta me and Joy is my favourite character

unpopular opinions yo

also SpyroBaro go sit in a corner and think about what you just said

The entire cast is annoying and what they say and do is extremely predictable, so I guess I just flat out hate the entire film? IDK.
---
ReshiramForever Platinum Sparx Gems: 5142
#43 Posted: 21:55:55 10/04/2016
Quote: SkylandrPurists

• It has a creative feel
  • Riley is cool
  • Joy, Disgust, and Sadness are too gosh-darn cute! :)

Sorry Finding Nemo, you've been replaced as my favorite Pixar movie, but don't worry. You'll be in second!

:astroblast::nightfall: FTW

why do you insist on bumping topics that have been dead for almost a year or more
---
self professed austGAYlian
#44 Posted: 21:57:32 10/04/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: ReshiramForever
Quote: SkylandrPurists

• It has a creative feel
  • Riley is cool
  • Joy, Disgust, and Sadness are too gosh-darn cute! smilie

smiliesmilie FTW

why do you insist on bumping topics that have been dead for almost a year or more

we should have let the topic about shaming amy poehler stay dead
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me