Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Top 3 Figures [CLOSED]
4inCreation Gold Sparx Gems: 2989
#1 Posted: 05:44:27 20/06/2015 | Topic Creator
With SuperChargers right around the corner, I think it makes sense to pay tribute to your TOP 3 FIGURES!!! Essentially, Skylanders started with a trio, and what better way to wrap it up than to pick your own 3 as the best! This means anything and everything including traps, so don't be shy and share your faves... The most important and personal part is WHY??? What is your story, and how did you acquire them? It could be that you liked the gameplay, but maybe you have real world experience that makes it THAT much better! I'm actually very interested, so I have to think about it before I post my top 3. I know it may be hard to narrow it down, but I have faith in you!
zookinator Platinum Sparx Gems: 5683
#2 Posted: 12:48:02 20/06/2015
Alright, I'll try.

1. Zook
Zook is special to me not just he is my favorite character (personality and gameplay wise) but I also discovered him in somewhere I would not expect: Fred Meyer. They generally don't have the best Skylander selection for me, but they have been getting better over the years. Anyway, so I was just looking in the electronics section, I saw a Zook, with Lightning Rod and Cynder, the latter I already had. I was tempted to buy it, but I at first didn't want to as it included a character I already had for SSA. So, I broke and bought it, selling the Cynder to who would would eventually become a new friend around the school. Later, when Giants released, I bought a used S2 Zook, and now he is my main character for any game, and he has all Heroics, Gold Rank for Giants, Silver Rank for Swap Force (still working on that), and the Rainbow Hat on him for Trap Team. I really love my Zook!

2. Tree Rex
Sure, he was one of the first characters that everybody had gotten for Giants, but I hold him pretty dearly. Reason being, I didn't even own him until the Wii U came out, as I was waiting for the Wii U version of Skylanders Giants. I had bought all of the other new characters at launch, and bought all the new Wave 2 characters except for Flashwing. But I really wanted to have Tree Rex, and nearly bought him in the Wii Starter. But I remained patient, and soon the Wii U released, and I finally had my Tree Rex, and it started me on a new trend to always buy the Wii U starter (and unless that new Nintendo system has Off-TV play, this will remain the case!). But I really like Tree Rex because of how effective he is, and continue to use him as my main Giant.

3. Snap Shot
Alright, I know that everybody with Trap Team owns him, but he just reminds me of my interior struggle of whether or not to continue to buy Skylanders, or to move on to a different collectible. But when it came down to it, I bought Wallop and the Kaos Trap ahead of time to make sure I would never pay over retail for any characters, and to this day I haven't. But I really like Snap Shot as an effective fighter, his arrows really helping in taking down Kaos. He was my second Trap Master, but I feel he should have been my first. Fate had decided otherwise. But I still hold him close.

I would put down mre characters, but it is Top Three, so I let others join in. Nice idea!
---
Skylanders Colosseum Clash
A Fanmade Skylanders Boardgame
weebbby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4220
#3 Posted: 13:22:25 20/06/2015
I can't do 3. ;-;

S2 Ignitor - gift from half-brother
Wham-Shell - most expensive
Lightcore Shroomboom - was awesome from reveal
Nitro Freeze - Bomb - best artwork for a swap
Pop Thorn - just cool
Flashwing - just cool

I can do 6 though. <.<
There is a bit more reasoning to some of them, but I don't have the time to type it up.
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#4 Posted: 15:01:53 20/06/2015
Oh man, 3 is hard for me to stick with as well,but I can keep it short by choosing a few. Not exacly favorites, but the ones I have stories to share about - most of my team is really just "find it for cheap on a local/online store or Ebay, buy, wait a few weeks for it to arrive,play".

1. Hex
Of course. With my Lightcore Hex close to arriving, it's the only character I actually actively collect on the series.
If it wasn't for Spyro and Cynder, she would've been the one to draw me into the series. With her personality and story, and the strangely unheroic powers, it's the first character that made me think "hey, those guys DO know how to make a diverse cast of characters", and as soon as it came out on my country she and Bash were the first non-Starter Pack characters. Didn't get my expectations subverted for one bit - during SSA it was still just refreshing and strange in a good way to have this stern no-nonsense zombie girl in a cast of wacky fun loving heroes.
Having all 4 of her figures also means I have a story to tell,but it's actually about the very first one. I actually bought her first on Ebay,from some french person. However, as I'd find out much MUCH later, my country's mail service hates small packages and seems to make a job out of losing them - and it did get lost, for four months(estimated time was one and a half), loong after refund. It was a pretty big surprise to have her show up with a beaten-up package as the other one I got arrived from the local store just a day before. The lost one had to be my final figure however,as relatives convinced me to sell the extra, well conserved one, but can't complain nowadays since the now-customized figure is barely used over the S2.

2. Ghost Roaster
This one is still ongoing, and kind of a funny coincidence. I have this friend that really likes the character and, mostly because of the price, I could live without one - but when a loose figure showed up for sale going for a measly ~8 dollars and I was thinking of getting him a birthday gift, it was an obvious choice. I made a big secret about it and everything... And the day I sent it, my friend was mentioning how another one of our friends had gotten him the entire Darklight Crypt pack. Reason why GR is still listed on my collection as 'to be named' is because the figure is still getting sent back here, but after that situation, I'm definately not in a hurry.

3.Spyro

Wouldn't be here without the little guy. I was one of the rare few not foaming at the mouth with anger in the SSA reveal - just a bit displeased with with the bad textures and the overbite and not much more,and the obvious physical DLC part. I gave the game a chance, and had a blast with it using mostly him - I was still not too familiar with Gill Grunt and Triggs - and noticed that, even not being the Spyro I want, it's still one I can have fun with in a game. If they ever cut S1 figure compatiblity(and I don't quit buying over that), he's probably the first getting switched with an S2 or higher to keep him around for another game.
He's also why we have better written Cynder and Malefor now, and very thankful for that :U
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:03:00 20/06/2015 by Bifrost
BlackWing116 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1480
#5 Posted: 15:35:14 20/06/2015
Well.. here I go

1.Series 2 Gill Grunt.
This one always seemed pretty special to me. I got him on my 16th birthday, almost more then a year ago. I remember getting him in my hands for the first time and he was glorious. I love his jumping pose alot. It just seemed so energic to me. I love it.

2. Sunburn.
The way he stands up is pretty nice. Of all S:SA figures, sunburn seemed like one of the more,... dramatic poses. I like how his wings fold up, and the detail is amazing. Even the coloring is something I adore

3. Blackout.
I have to admit, Blackouts colour is in my opinion the best. His pose tells me "I'm a dragon fear me!" and I just love it. I also have something with his wings, and yet again, I adore it.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#6 Posted: 15:41:00 20/06/2015
1. Enigma

His figure is just so good. The translucency and hollow hood make it better. He falls over sometimes though.

2. Knight Light

SO SHINY AND PERFECT! The way his wings glitter..

3. Zap, S1

This one is special because he was one of my very first skylanders. ever.
ladala Yellow Sparx Gems: 1935
#7 Posted: 15:52:15 20/06/2015
Don't really have stories for getting the figures, since all of my collection was obtained in one of three ways: stalking Amazon until they have it Prime at retail price, finding it when I happen to be at Target and check the Skylanders section, or call Frito-Lay until they say I won.

So instead, I'll talk about my favorite characters, and ones I consider the mascots of my collection.

1. Spyro: I am first and foremost a Spyro fan, and without SSA being advertised as the new Spyro game, I would not have bought it in the first place. I loved the fact that his moveset references the Classic series, rather than Legend, as well. Spyro has become my staple Skylander. He's the one character I make sure to buy every (reasonably priced) variation, with the only ones I'm missing being Legendary (don't have a Toys 'R Us near me) and Eon's Elite (*pokes "reasonably priced" criteria*). My S1 Spyro is always on my team, or at least backup, whenever I play a new game, and he's always the first to do all of the arena challenges and quests. He's the one Skylander I did all of the Heroic Challenges I own on, and the only one I will never reset. As I always say, though, the instant my S1 Spyro cannot be played in the newest game is the instant I stop buying Skylanders.

2. Scratch: The one Swap Force new Skylander I liked, and I like her a lot. The light purple color scheme really appeals, her attacks are very satisfying to use (in Swap Force, anyway, haven't used her much in Trap Team), and she took a long time to find at retail price while stalking Amazon. I was able to find one place where she can get out of bounds using her laser pounce in Swap Force, so that was fun, as well (in that one ice level, with the river of ice blocks. Over to the left there's a place that looks like somewhere you can get to, but most Skylanders can't jump there. Scratch can, though). Scratch gets a special place in my hall of fame for being the one reason I was able to beat Kaos in Swap Force. There's this one attack I didn't realize you could jump over in my first playthough, so I just took the hits and tried to race forward before Kaos used it. Scratch was the only Skylander fast enough to get past it, with her laser pounce.

3. Whirlwind/Breeze: Whirlwind is a favorite character from the very beginning, but it took a few games to realize it. I don't have any Series X of her, but I've been tempted to get the Series X every time I see she has one. She's not particularly powerful, and her attacks are more skill-based rather than mash-buttons-based, but I like her anyway. And I had to get Breeze in TT, even though I don't like TT very much. The S1 Whirlwind I got was the Target-Exclusive variety, although you'd probably never know it because I don't keep Skylanders in their packages. She was the very last element I needed in SSA, and I've always been amused by her SSA gibberish sounding like she's referring to a certain alcoholic beverage. I think a lot of it was when she was first revealed, and my head-fics always having her as Spyro's guide to Skylands, whether she's just a senior Skylander or a Dreamweaver dragon (one of my head-fics involves Skylanders being how the Dreamweaver dragons see the land of dreams) getting him acclimated to his new surroundings. I've noticed head-fics of mine seem to influence how much I like certain characters - whether I like them beforehand or not.
---
Thank you for releasing me!
LameLime Yellow Sparx Gems: 1200
#8 Posted: 17:33:36 20/06/2015
I don't have time to make a list for overall skylanders, so I'll do giants only, also because I have all of them.

#3 - Bouncer. Awesome robot giant with frenzied bullet fingers.

#2 - Ninjini. OP wishblades are OP.

#1 - Swarm. Clearly my most favorite giant, gameplay wise. He is the fastest giant with his flying move. His barbs in melee and projectiles are well done, and completing quests is fast. I also always use him for speed run goals. I don't have gold yet but have eight of nine quests finished, I hate that elemental power quest.
---
NOSTALGA-LANDERS COLLECTION (Spyro's Adventure)
30/32 Skylanders -- 4/4 Levels -- 8/9 Items (Includes VV)
Missing: smilie smilie + Ghost Swords
jdavplay Blue Sparx Gems: 650
#9 Posted: 20:24:19 20/06/2015
Polled the living room for this one:

Me (the dad): Swarm, Doom Stone, Trailblazer
Wife: Echo, Trigger Happy S1, Wrecking Ball S1
Son (6): Popthorn, Dark Food Fight, Kickoff Countdown
Daughter (1): Whatever 3 she spots and tries to grab before we realize they're within her reach smilie
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#10 Posted: 21:36:58 20/06/2015
1. smilie is a beetle with a staff and a great paint job. He's so cool I went completely nuts for him and kept calling him my precious like Gollum from Lord of the Rings. Cool character who I honestly wish he'd get a repose or even become the magic supercharger.

2. smilie has a scythe and is a cool specter spirit dressed up in an executioner outfit. What's not to love about that? Plus I always loved scythes for the cool slick design and being the weapon for the awesome spirit of death the Grim Reaper.

3. smilie is easily my favorite Trap Master and I was very excited for this guy. Super fun, unique and creative character with great upgrades.
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
dinoah2005 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3472
#11 Posted: 22:18:43 20/06/2015
SSA
1 - Trigger Happy
2 - Boomer
3 - Flameslinger

Giants
1 - Ninjini
2 - Swarm
3 - Pop Fizz

SF
1 - Fryno
2 - Star Strike
3 - Scorp

TT
1 - Sprocket
2 - Chopper
3 - Kaboom

Over All
1 - Sprocket
2 - Fryno
3 - Star Strike
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:29:11 22/06/2015 by dinoah2005
INTIMIDAT3R Blue Sparx Gems: 857
#12 Posted: 02:07:17 21/06/2015
1. Stealth Elf... Skykand's version of Wolverine on steroids

2. Trigger Happy... 2nd Amendment

3. Hex... a one witch coven
---
"I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith."--- 2 Timothy 4:7
SkylanderSteve Yellow Sparx Gems: 1440
#13 Posted: 02:58:27 21/06/2015
i like dinoah2005's idea...much easier to do a top 3 from each game, but i'll try and simmer my list down.

1. Ghost Roaster- Couldn't find him anywhere for a long time (sounds familiar) found a used one locally online. My girlfriend drove for 40 minutes to meet a lady while I was at work to pick him up. He is voiced By John Kassir, I'm a huge Tales from the crypt fan. Honestly quite insulted by no repose. I keep hearing fan favorites refer to Stealth Elf and Gill grunt (both great characters), well Ghost Roaster is this fan's #1
2.Enchanted Hoot Loop- I remember the day he got announced and maintained that excitement until launch. I liked the color change, the color scheme, and he is a magic owl. Just something about him...
3. Scarlet Ninjini- a great looking character and fun to play with. The first Variant that made me go WOW
Nightmoon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1760
#14 Posted: 03:38:20 21/06/2015
Mostly based on design.

Knight Mare - The perfect figure for a fan of darkness, as well as Nightmare Moon, my favorite villain from MLP (and the source of my name). She's also the best looking centaur I've ever seen - the proportions between the two torsos and 6 limbs are perfect. Her armor looks amazing, and has great coverage, only exposing the face/neck (but that's usual for heroes in fiction) and legs (which is common for horses, as they rely heavily on leg mobility).

Scratch - Had to travel several hours away to get her, as the local TRU had run out before I took an interest in Skylanders (same with Fryno and Punk Shock). However, Scratch is more special to me than those two, she was the figure I wanted the most out of the entire SSF lineup due to her design (I love cats and winged creatures XP), and the one I took the greatest lengths to acquire. - As a bonus, I also picked up a Giants Battle Arena stupidly cheap on the same journey (85% off), which is where I now keep all my SG characters and Battle Packs, plus the SSA wireless portal.

Flashwing - Again, it's a bit because of MLP. Her character is very much like Rarity, who's my favorite of the main cast, and of course, voiced by the same actress who voices the main character. I also love the crystal look, and how much she stands out among the other Earth characters, who I mostly find fairly dull and bland.

If it wasn't for the long journey I had to take for Scratch, Flashwing would've gotten second place. Special mentions to Sunburn, the amazing dragon phoenix hybrid. If this was for 4 figures, he'd be among them, and I'd have a representative from all 4 main games available as of the writing of this post XP
---
Phoenix Crystal is the best unreleased Crystal.
Skylanders Academy Season 2 was an improvement.
I don't know what to think of Skylanders' future.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:41:03 21/06/2015 by Nightmoon
Echo2VX Gold Sparx Gems: 2918
#15 Posted: 14:38:00 21/06/2015
Oh gosh...only 3? I don't think that's possible for me...

smilie - The first skylander that I ever got. Turned out to be my best. By far the most hours worth of play. Also good looking smilie

smilie - Ended up replacing Stealth Elf for quite awhile. She is fun to play as and super good looking. (Because everyone who knows me, knows I am all about how they look!)

smilie - I would go with Spotlight for the sake of amazing looks, but Knight Light takes it. I went through a lot to get him, and I absolutely love angel based things. He ended up replacing Scratch.

(...maybe just 3 more...)
smilie - Once again, pretty! Aaaaand my old strongest skylander...but mostly pretty.
smilie - Finally had every series 1 skylander other than boomer, and him...Then 1 month later, I see him just sitting in the middle of a shelf, not even in the correct isle. Probably the best moment I have ever had when skylander shopping. I ended up loving him as much as Boomer!
smilie - The hardest skylander for me to obtain. I used to hate him when Skylanders first came out. Now he is one of my favourites.
---
Together, we can stop sheep abuse!
Top 10: smilie>smilie>smilie>smilie>smilie>smilie>smilie>smilie>smilie>smilie
BlackWing116 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1480
#16 Posted: 16:27:17 21/06/2015
I do have to say, I totally dig Scratch's design too....
4inCreation Gold Sparx Gems: 2989
#17 Posted: 23:30:42 21/06/2015 | Topic Creator
If I could keep only 3 figures from my collection, it would be these...
[User Posted Image]

Boomer - This was the first figure I collected on my own. Later on I found a second with a better paint job. It was free with a buy 2 get 1 special. I like the tech element the most, and he feels like a character I would have created. Its really fun blowing stuff up with this crazy little dude!

Lightcore Pop Fizz - When I realized he had a different pose than his picture, I was hooked. I have collected a number of these in search of a better paint job. The one I have now looks great and was mislabeled as regular Pop Fizz. It was free with a buy 2 get 1 special as well. He is simply my favorite looking character, and his lightcore effect is awesome!

Springtime Trigger Happy - The first character I ever played was Trigger Happy, and I fell in love with the game. I found this guy in my Easter basket, and its the only figure I've received as a gift. This one's definitely the most sentimental of them all.
Bloodmourn Green Sparx Gems: 238
#18 Posted: 06:53:09 22/06/2015
Terrafin, I bought him before I bought the game lol. I love street sharks!
I've gotten all the pop fizz variants so he's for sure a favorite. I love the fizzy frenzy wow pow.
3rds a hard choice, but I know I've played night shift to death. I love the gimmick, voice, lines and gameplay mechanics.

I'd give warnado wham shell or chopper honorable mentions.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:55:26 22/06/2015 by Bloodmourn
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me