Page 1 of 3 | Next | Last
1 2 3
Please no more Gill Grunt!
Popblah1gaming Green Sparx Gems: 182
#1 Posted: 13:37:06 13/06/2015 | Topic Creator
We are likely to see yet another gill grunt. He was never one of my favorites and I don't get why they keep bringing him back game after game, he was the only series four and I am sick of it! He made Eon's elite and I hope that we don't see another of him for a while. Either that or they make him really awesome and not the way it was before that made everybody sick of 7 gill grunts (Yes, 7 of them, all 4 series of him, and then he got 2 chase varients because of the green one in Spyro's adventure and the TRU exclusive one for giants. Then he got Eon's elite)
CORRECTION: 8 gill grunts! They have the mini
---
Hi
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 13:38:02 14/06/2015 by Popblah1gaming
PwnageFTW Yellow Sparx Gems: 1716
#2 Posted: 14:06:40 13/06/2015
Glil Grunt
---
Quote: Carmelita Fox
YOU’RE ALL DUMB SHEEP!!!!
Popblah1gaming Green Sparx Gems: 182
#3 Posted: 14:11:04 13/06/2015 | Topic Creator
oops.
---
Hi
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10038
#4 Posted: 14:18:56 13/06/2015
Too late. Unless by some miracle, we've seen an angler fish sub,and most likely his.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#5 Posted: 14:30:49 13/06/2015
Shun the non-believer! Shun him!
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#6 Posted: 14:51:33 13/06/2015
Quote: Bifrost
Too late. Unless by some miracle, we've seen an angler fish sub,and most likely his.

Definitely his. The only upside is perhaps his moves/upgrades will make him feel "fresh"...but in general this fish is starting to stink.
#7 Posted: 14:55:23 13/06/2015
Pretty much. Revamp his entire moveset and outfit, I don't care, still a Gill Grunt. Every time he shows up means other characters who could use tweaking are out of the lineup, while this guy can run around being destructive without even the need of a Wow Pow.
---
Portal___Master Emerald Sparx Gems: 3718
#8 Posted: 14:59:02 13/06/2015
Quote: UncleBob
Shun the non-believer! Shun him!

Ssshhuuuunnnn!!! lol
---
smilie
Guinness Book of World Records holder for Largest SkyLanders Collection.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/SkyLandersCollectorsGroup
#9 Posted: 15:13:53 13/06/2015
Pretty much. Revamp his entire moveset and outfit, I don't care, still a Gill Grunt. Every time he shows up means other characters who could use tweaking are out of the lineup, while this guy can run around being destructive without even the need of a Wow Pow.

Yes, it's a wasted opportunity. Lazy comes to mind.
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#10 Posted: 15:22:33 13/06/2015
Activision just doesn't see that we HATE those characters and don't want them back.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:23:01 13/06/2015 by Deja Vu
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#11 Posted: 15:27:32 13/06/2015
To be honest? I think they might bring back Rip Tide.

He took the longest amount of time for VV to create, as they had writer's block when it came to his design. (This is from the Art of SWAP Force employee gift book, for those who don't believe me.)

Even if he was (and still is) a shelf warmer, I believe that, judging from the Angler Submarine we saw, he could make it back.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#12 Posted: 15:28:37 13/06/2015
Even if we liked them, they are still OLD, already seen Skylanders.
I personally want new faces and new abilities.

No matter how much you change Gill Grunt, Stealth Elf or Terrafin, both aesthetically and gameplay wise because they will still be the same characters.

You created a new moveset?
Great!
With new animations?
Fantastic!
And brand new upgrades?
Wonderful!
And you decided to give those to an already exsisting Skylander, instead of taking some more time and come up with a new character too...?

... Come on.

Not to mention all the revamped SuperChargers we know so far have had at least 2 reposes (unless you also count Minis, then it's 3)...
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 15:33:51 13/06/2015 by Drek95
Blink182Bouncer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1659
#13 Posted: 15:33:13 13/06/2015
Remember, Activsion isn't here to cater to the adults who play Skylanders, it's the kids. The kids will like the characters that they see the most on marketing. Which is kind of how characters get set up for reposes. The characters that are in the kids consciousness or come in starter packs etc, will get reposed cause that's what kids want because that's what they get
---
Still Waiting For Legendary Tom DeLonge To Come In The Blink-182 Triple Pack.
WHY DID THEY MAKE MATT SKIBA "CALIFORNIA EDITION EXCLUSIVE"
#14 Posted: 15:34:55 13/06/2015
It's not even new or old character; it's an old character that has been reimagined too much. What about Zap? What about Slam Bam? What about any of the old characters that are still popular but underrated and maybe could be given a facelift with new gameplay?
We've seen that VV and TFB have a huge bias towards a few characters,but come on. A parent will look at the SC Gill Grunt and say 'that's a Gill Grunt, we already have one of those'. Repeating the same guys will only work so far.
---
GooRoo Blue Sparx Gems: 955
#15 Posted: 15:53:56 13/06/2015
Even if they are marketing to kids, they are getting it wrong. I never hear kids say "Oh, look! It's Stealth Elf and Gill Grunt!" They want the new characters with new moves and different looks just like the adults. They might latch on to the character in the commercial till they get to the store, but I don't see kids fighting over reposes, I see them ohhing and ahhing over the new characters. Maybe they need to poll their audience before they decide who to bring back next time...
#16 Posted: 16:09:37 13/06/2015
Actually,the polls made in here still point to the flagship 8... Somehow, probably because of lurkers. But that doesn't mean we want new figures of them every year, it just means we like them. Merch of those characters is one thing(and I won't lie, the Gill Grunt plushies are adorable) but that's a full priced figure that you probably have 2 or 3 of.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:11:53 13/06/2015 by Bifrost
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#17 Posted: 16:12:11 13/06/2015
I really don't mind having another Gill Grunt figure. If he does return as a SuperCharger, hopefully his new outfit will be even better than his original one.
Skylanders fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3952
#18 Posted: 16:26:52 13/06/2015
Quote: Matteomax

He took the longest amount of time for VV to create, as they had writer's block when it came to his design. (This is from the Art of SWAP Force employee gift book, for those who don't believe me.)

Even if he was (and still is) a shelf warmer, I believe that, judging from the Angler Submarine we saw, he could make it back.

that would be cool and a nice change
---
Yep still around just not posting much anymore
superhalite Blue Sparx Gems: 970
#19 Posted: 16:56:09 13/06/2015
Please don't bring Gill grunt again. Was he popular, of course! Doesn't mean we want another one. I don't get reposes, but if it is a Sc, aw man.
---
We rely too much on technology yes that is true,but it's not going anywhere.
skylandsfan Platinum Sparx Gems: 5324
#20 Posted: 17:06:09 13/06/2015
Quote: Matteomax

I'd love to have riptide. I just got him a few months ago but he is really good. The vehicle that we saw slightly resembles him, but it has a good chance that it belongs to gill grunt.
---
My life will not be complete until I own Sun Dragon
#21 Posted: 17:17:31 13/06/2015
I would like for 4 or 5 more Gill Grunt figures before the series is over.
4inCreation Gold Sparx Gems: 2989
#22 Posted: 17:32:02 13/06/2015
They might have to change the name to Sealanders...
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#23 Posted: 18:25:44 13/06/2015

Just why?
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3988
#24 Posted: 19:30:22 13/06/2015
Quote: Deja Vu
Activision just doesn't see that we HATE those characters and don't want them back.

This forum is only a small percentage of the full fan base.

Quote: Blink182Bouncer
Remember, Activsion isn't here to cater to the adults who play Skylanders, it's the kids. The kids will like the characters that they see the most on marketing. Which is kind of how characters get set up for reposes. The characters that are in the kids consciousness or come in starter packs etc, will get reposed cause that's what kids want because that's what they get

Exactly.
---
bye
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#25 Posted: 19:34:51 13/06/2015
I couldn't agree more with this topic. Right now smilie, smilie and even smilie are being given no love and smilie and smilie just came out so I hope any of these guys get another shot and not this Gillman who seems to becoming an attention hog. Like Wham Shell deserves an actual repose since he got ripped off in Swap Force as just a Lightcore.
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#26 Posted: 19:37:48 13/06/2015

Just why?

Because Gill Grunt is the real gill deal.
#27 Posted: 21:06:37 13/06/2015

Just why?

Why stop at 4 or 5? I want two dozen Gill Grunts.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#28 Posted: 21:08:04 13/06/2015
Skylanders 6 confirmed- it's a reboot, where everything is gill grunt.
#29 Posted: 21:24:10 13/06/2015
Quote: ZapNorris

yas
--
---
KeybasHedKey Ripto Gems: 1862
#30 Posted: 21:39:58 13/06/2015
Enough with the hate with Gill Grunt. It's getting way to far.
#31 Posted: 21:41:08 13/06/2015
Quote: KeybasHedKey

It's not like it's going to change the fact he's probably going to be on every game. No one's actively harassing his fans or blending his figures.
Again, people like him,but after 2 or 3 figures, we don't NEED that much of him.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:41:17 13/06/2015 by Bifrost
#32 Posted: 21:46:28 13/06/2015

It's not like it's going to change the fact he's probably going to be on every game. No one's actively harassing his fans or blending his figures.
Again, people like him,but after 2 or 3 figures, we don't NEED that much of him.

Yea, TfB and VV need to learn there's been enough Gill Grunts
---
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#33 Posted: 21:56:00 13/06/2015
I.. I actually like Gill Grunt...

I wouldn't mind if he was a SuperCharger...
#34 Posted: 21:58:24 13/06/2015
Quote: Badwolfmichael

death sentence
---
shadowfox Platinum Sparx Gems: 5084
#35 Posted: 22:03:12 13/06/2015
i think gill grunt would have been better reciprocated by more if his s2 and s3 had better wow pows. They were way too similar in my opinion. his s4 was the first to really compliment a path.
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#36 Posted: 22:33:45 13/06/2015
Exactly.

Kids may say "oooooh, another Gill Grunt! And it's different! Can we buy it, please?", but parents will probably reply "but we already have that blue fish guy at home. How about this new one, instead?".

I like Gill Grunt but I only need his S1 to keep playing as him and enjoy his abilities.
As Bifrost said they can keep pushing the "fan favorites" with various merchandise and avoid creating new figures of old Skylanders, which will actually take the place of brand new characters.

Never happened so far, they were an extra.
Now they are the focus.
That's what truly annoys me.

That being said, Rip Tide wouldn't be a bad idea since he only got released once (no Lightcores, Minis and palette swaps) and could offer interesting gameplay possibilities, like using the whale to surf around, dual wield the hammerhead shark and the swordfish and a couple more sea animals based abilities.
The more I play with him the more he grows on me.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:07:11 14/06/2015 by Drek95
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#37 Posted: 23:07:20 13/06/2015

And you know this how and where?
shadowfox Platinum Sparx Gems: 5084
#38 Posted: 23:10:09 13/06/2015
Quote: TheShadowDragon

And you know this how and where?

It's a joke
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:10:30 13/06/2015 by shadowfox
#39 Posted: 00:04:55 14/06/2015
Gill Grunt ain't done until we get his Redneck cousin Bill Grunt.
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#40 Posted: 00:46:31 14/06/2015
Quote: Drek95
Exactly.

Kids may say "oooooh, another Gill Grunt! And it's different! Can we buy it, please?", but parents will probably reply "but we already have that blue fish guy at home. How about this new one, instead?".

I like Gill Grunt but I only need his S1 to keep playing as him and enjoy his abilities.
As Bifrost said they can keep pushing the "fan favorites" with various merchandise and avoid creating new figures of old Skylanders, which will actually take the place of brand new characters.

Never happened so far, they were an extra.
Now they are the focus.
That's what truly annoys me.

That being said, Rip Tide wouldn't be a bad idea since he only got released once (no Lightcores, Minis and palette swaps) and could offre interesting gameplay possibilities, like using the whale to surf around, dual wield the hammerhead shark and the swordfish and a couple more sea animals based abilities.
The more I play with him the more he grows on me.

Agreed I am glad someone loves riptide. I would buy him if he was supercharged
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
#41 Posted: 01:29:36 14/06/2015
Yeah honestly this game has so far picked some of the most overrated characters sadly and that's saying a lot. Like in tech I can't believe they didn't bring smilie back. He rides a vehicle and totally fits as a supercharger to begin with kinda like how Trap Shadow looked like he could have been a Trap Master.
---
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#42 Posted: 02:31:23 14/06/2015
Quote: Badwolfmichael

You aren't the only one. He's actually one of my favs. Good solid character. I hope the fish sub is his but it would be nice to see Riptide get some love too.
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#43 Posted: 02:38:13 14/06/2015
why is nobody complaining about stealth elf

she's a much worse character and has twice as many variants
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8257
#44 Posted: 02:41:33 14/06/2015
I want Super Charger Gill Grunt. Either him or Riptide.

Gill Grunt is my third favorite Skylander after Spyro and Hotdog.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#45 Posted: 02:46:24 14/06/2015
Quote: Arc of Archives

Because she's confirmed and we can't fight it, just be mad at the fact. Gill Grunt still has that 1% chance of not being true.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:46:39 14/06/2015 by Bifrost
#46 Posted: 02:52:31 14/06/2015

Because she's confirmed and we can't fight it, just be mad at the fact. Gill Grunt still has that 1% chance of not being true.

While we may not know Gilly's status, the line up for this game is set-in-stone. We'd have as much of a chance of influencing Gilly's status in the next game as we would Stealth Elf's.
#47 Posted: 03:03:04 14/06/2015

Well no one is complaining about her because most have already and still are. That and the fact she was already confirmed, Gill were not sure about and Gill has more figures and way more overused marketing than Stealth Elf. Even Stealth Elf took a break in Trap Team, while the Gillman here had to become the 1st series 4 and let Gill Runt count as a playable version of him. What you say however is also true, but I do like both of them, I just want more time for others to get another chance.
---
Hawksey128 Blue Sparx Gems: 994
#48 Posted: 05:17:32 14/06/2015
So the returning characters are specifically NOT S2/3/4/5 characters? If so, Gill Grunt could probably return.
I don't want him either. Unless his abilities are COMPLETELY different. Maybe a Melee and you can switch between the harpoon gun and whatever the Melee is!
---
I'm going to tell you right now.
BUY smilie
EHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEH THIS IS A POINTLESS EDITION TO A SIGNATURE I DUNNO
KeybasHedKey Ripto Gems: 1862
#49 Posted: 06:02:57 14/06/2015
Quote: PwnageFTW

Yea, TfB and VV need to learn there's been enough Gill Grunts

Woah,woah,woah...Just beacuse i said that hating Gill Grunt it's getting way too far...and now you bring me this?! Sheesh this tread is 100% Pure ********.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:39:47 14/06/2015 by KeybasHedKey
Garygoh884 Gold Sparx Gems: 2854
#50 Posted: 08:17:10 14/06/2015
Should we privately continue the Skylanders series after SWAP Force (after Trap Team dematurization of stories begun) by our own, it would've been better. No recurring Gill Grunt, Trigger Happy, Eruptor reposes, etc... the new characters we include in onto our Skylanders fangame are awesome of appearance and abilities, rarely downhill into childhoodness. Now Activision thinks Skylanders as simple, extracarious games which only fits for kids, apart from teens based on age. It's quite the probability that, if the characters since beginning were popular for kids, instead of maturity, they'll be most likely be reposes of these (or even two or more from Trap Team's example). Altogether, Spyro, Trigger Happy, Gill Grunt, Stealth Elf, Eruptor, Terrafin, Jet-Vac, and Chop Chop were/are the fruits of the eight Elements in Skylands, they're simply seen as the 'best heroes' in kid's perspective.

And there's one question we've been constantly asking: are we too old for Skylanders since Trap Team? Looks like we've been seeing these repetive characters since then...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 08:26:20 14/06/2015 by Garygoh884
Page 1 of 3 | Next | Last
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me