Page 1 of 1
For those going to E3
Blink182Bouncer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1659
#1 Posted: 19:05:21 10/06/2015 | Topic Creator
Just thought I'd open a sort-of Q and A thread for anyone who's going to E3. I know that Skylander dad is, and maybe a few others. If you have any questions for them or others post them here. I'll start
-How does the combat feel compared to Swap Force or Trap Team?
---
Still Waiting For Legendary Tom DeLonge To Come In The Blink-182 Triple Pack.
WHY DID THEY MAKE MATT SKIBA "CALIFORNIA EDITION EXCLUSIVE"
GinjaNinja Gold Sparx Gems: 2604
#2 Posted: 19:14:26 10/06/2015
What I want to know is if old versions if a character, say Stealth Elf, also supercharge their personal vehicle or is it only the new Supercharger promoted version that can do that.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#3 Posted: 19:15:02 10/06/2015
Considering that some already had hands-on experience of SuperChargers at the Reveal, they may know several questions.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10026
#4 Posted: 19:17:34 10/06/2015
I could just copy and paste the Wiki Q&A stuff here,but priorities.

Could they see if it's possible to use older skylanders on the demo,and show the modding menu with them? We could find out if they also have modding menu "animations" like Stormblade.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:17:45 10/06/2015 by Bifrost
Cicada17 Green Sparx Gems: 498
#5 Posted: 19:25:15 10/06/2015
I only had one question for my friend who is going. "Can you bring me back some Skylanders Swag?"
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#6 Posted: 19:35:25 10/06/2015
Quote: GinjaNinja
What I want to know is if old versions if a character, say Stealth Elf, also supercharge their personal vehicle or is it only the new Supercharger promoted version that can do that.

I think there is a 99.999999999% chance they won't.
Why create SuperChargers out of old characters, then?
They could have simply called them with their new names.

My questions are:

- will Regular Elemental Gates return?
- will Quests, Bonus Missions-esque extra levels and Portal Master requests (collection, special achievements and so on) return?
- are there Adventure Packs planned for this game?
- in terms of balance how will the 50/50 between vehicles and platforming play?
Will the majority of the vehicle related areas be "optional" or will they be part of the main path, the main level?
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
isaac343018s Emerald Sparx Gems: 4478
#7 Posted: 19:45:20 10/06/2015
I wanna know something related to what GinjaNinja asked, but the opposite. What happens if I put Sure Shot Stealth Elf or Hurricane Jet Vac in say, Giants or Swap Force? Are the reposed Superchargers backwards compatible?
ultyzaus Yellow Sparx Gems: 1700
#8 Posted: 19:47:21 10/06/2015
Quote: isaac343018s
I wanna know something related to what GinjaNinja asked, but the opposite. What happens if I put Sure Shot Stealth Elf or Hurricane Jet Vac in say, Giants or Swap Force? Are the reposed Superchargers backwards compatible?

My guess is that Super Shot Stealth Elf & co. don't work in older games, and that the previous versions play as they did in SSA, SG, SSF and STT respectively. They act as different characters. Of course they may have put some extras for those, but I doubt it.
---
http://ultyzarus.deviantart.com/
223/254, 17 superchargers, 14 vehicles
Characters missing: Rocky Roll, Splat, Nightfall, Thrillipede
#9 Posted: 19:52:54 10/06/2015
If they make revamped SuperChargers backwards compatibile and act like their "regular" versions, it will simply make me think they are just well thought reposes even more, and not "completely new Skylanders" as they like to say...
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
griswoldthunder Gold Sparx Gems: 2953
#10 Posted: 20:48:34 10/06/2015
I have the same exact question as Isaac. Once I started watching the videos after the reveal, that was the first question that came to mind and I was surprised that no one, to my knowledge, asked it. I am almost certain that previous versions of the "returning" Superchargers, will not show up as Superchargers because that would just not be a sound business decision. However, it makes sense to allow the "returning" Superchargers to work in the previous games as their original characters. It makes business sense to give more value to a new figure that you want customers to buy, not necessarily to give added bonus to a figure that has already been purchased.

I am actually glad that it is unlikely that old versions will show up as Superchargers because then we will have two unique characters to play with. I realize that for some of the characters, the difference in gameplay might not be pronounced, but the gameplay will be different. Super
Shot Stealth Elf seems to play much different than her original counterpart.
wideawakewesley Emerald Sparx Gems: 3281
#11 Posted: 21:05:03 10/06/2015
Andy from FamilyGamerTV will be at E3. I'm happy to collect questions for him to try and get answers to, we already have a big list.
---
Contributor to Family Gamer TV - http://www.familygamer.tv/
Follow me on twitter - http://www.twitter.com/wideawakewesley
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 21:05:35 10/06/2015 by wideawakewesley
mantez Emerald Sparx Gems: 3167
#12 Posted: 22:02:47 10/06/2015
Will there be things for the previous gimmicks? Also can we import our old save so we don't have to scan in hundreds of skylanders again?
---
Gullible is not in the dictionary.
#13 Posted: 22:48:35 10/06/2015
Quote: mantez
Will there be things for the previous gimmicks? Also can we import our old save so we don't have to scan in hundreds of skylanders again?

Would love if that option was available.

I really like playing with all my collection each time I get to play a new game, it's the first thing I do in each hub.
See them with the new graphics, check the animations, try their powers and simply explore the hub with them.
But my army is getting bigger and bigger and having the possibility to immediately load them to instantly increase Elemental Power or unlock achievements would be greatly appreciated. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
ladala Yellow Sparx Gems: 1935
#14 Posted: 23:29:42 10/06/2015
Highly doubt it at this point, but...

Will "core" elemental gates return for this edition? Or is the focus all on the new vehicles?

Also curious about isaac's question - will the Supercharger returning favorites work in previous games?
---
Thank you for releasing me!
#15 Posted: 17:26:55 11/06/2015
I'll be going to E3 again next week, but I won't get the press stuff like last time (Conference, recording demos, etc.). Very likely there will be off-screen gameplay, if the PR person is willing to hold the camera for me. I'll also be sure to get some pictures.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Medicus Gold Sparx Gems: 2405
#16 Posted: 17:30:31 11/06/2015
^ Could you take some traps and test out the ability(assuming you're allowed)?
---
Hello There, Old Friends!
#17 Posted: 17:42:40 11/06/2015
I can try.
---
Blink182Bouncer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1659
#18 Posted: 18:10:55 11/06/2015 | Topic Creator
Yeah, I'd reccomend anyone bring past skylanders and if allowed, test compatibility.
---
Still Waiting For Legendary Tom DeLonge To Come In The Blink-182 Triple Pack.
WHY DID THEY MAKE MATT SKIBA "CALIFORNIA EDITION EXCLUSIVE"
#19 Posted: 19:03:53 11/06/2015
Quote: Blink182Bouncer
Yeah, I'd reccomend anyone bring past skylanders and if allowed, test compatibility.

Probably some that would be the most interesting to see. A Mini,a Giant, someone quadruped,someone with effects on their feet like Hex,Lightning Rod,etc. and characters without toes(or a combination of those). Of course,presuming they'd allow you to open the modding menu whenever.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:04:19 11/06/2015 by Bifrost
pennyman Gold Sparx Gems: 2106
#20 Posted: 08:03:35 15/06/2015
bumped into Skylanders Boy & Girl and The Asian Guy Gamer so far at E3.... don't believe me? Check my @coinoptv instagram - boom!
#21 Posted: 08:45:25 15/06/2015
It's pretty easy to believe. I mean, you guys will all go to the same place the same day most likely. It's like being super excited to find Rooster Teeth employees around,but it's bound to happen since they're doing E3 coverage this year to begin with.
---
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#22 Posted: 11:51:55 15/06/2015
Quote: pennyman
bumped into Skylanders Boy & Girl and The Asian Guy Gamer so far at E3.... don't believe me? Check my @coinoptv instagram - boom!

Some day I'm going to meet them. I meant live an hour away from them so the odds of me finding them on opening day if I go to where they usually shop is pretty likely.
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
superhalite Blue Sparx Gems: 970
#23 Posted: 21:29:01 15/06/2015
Quote: pennyman

You're there! smilie tell us if you see anything new coinop!
---
We rely too much on technology yes that is true,but it's not going anywhere.
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#24 Posted: 23:38:46 15/06/2015
Quote: wideawakewesley
Andy from FamilyGamerTV will be at E3. I'm happy to collect questions for him to try and get answers to, we already have a big list.

Please, please, please, Wes, ask these questions.

Sometimes I wish I could interview people. I'd make sure certain questions would be answered, and if not, I'd at least ask.

Please ask this -

- Adventure packs?
- Elemental Gates?
- Time Attack Mode?
- Survival Mode?
- Score Attack Mode?
- Bonus Missions?

Thanks, Wes.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
wideawakewesley Emerald Sparx Gems: 3281
#25 Posted: 00:08:27 16/06/2015
Quote: GameMaster78
Quote: wideawakewesley

Please, please, please, Wes, ask these questions.

Sometimes I wish I could interview people. I'd make sure certain questions would be answered, and if not, I'd at least ask.

Please ask this -

- Adventure packs?
- Elemental Gates?
- Time Attack Mode?
- Survival Mode?
- Score Attack Mode?
- Bonus Missions?

Thanks, Wes.

I'll pass them along. I know Andy was with Activision today, not sure yet if he has more time planned with them.
---
Contributor to Family Gamer TV - http://www.familygamer.tv/
Follow me on twitter - http://www.twitter.com/wideawakewesley
superhalite Blue Sparx Gems: 970
#26 Posted: 02:14:12 16/06/2015
Also can you ask them if can cards will be included in the starter pack?
---
We rely too much on technology yes that is true,but it's not going anywhere.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me