Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > Getting Nervous....where are the yawn traps!?!?!
First | Page 2 of 3 | Last
1 2 3
Getting Nervous....where are the yawn traps!?!?! [CLOSED]
skylanderkids Yellow Sparx Gems: 1999
#51 Posted: 08:31:01 05/08/2015
Quote: Phoenix_Lord
Yes i agree with Doug as well....and will wait also...and like him i'm not pay'in 50 bucks for a 7 dollar Trap. Skylanderdad needs to try to get ahold of lou...and find out what the devil is going on.
haha, I asked and they didn't even tell me what's going on. I just figured Trap Sales are bad so they stopped production and are too embarrassed to address it.
---
youtube.com/theskylanderboy
facebook.com/skylanderkids
Phoenix_Lord Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#52 Posted: 12:37:16 05/08/2015
Then you and all the other guys in the room needs to press the issue.....unless they want to loss a lot of fan's...not being able to complete a collection is piss'in off a lot of collectors.
---
Theres no SuperChargers Cards. So I'm making my own... smilie
stinkbomb29 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1697
#53 Posted: 16:10:43 05/08/2015 | Topic Creator
I would make the comment that the reason why we haven't seen the final wave here in the United States is because the shelves are flooded with water traps.

But, I would have to say this is not the case. Where I work, yes, water traps have been on the shelves for ever and I have yet to see anything new come in in about 4 to 5 months now.

But other stores I show, like Target and Walmart, have a few and consistantly have had nothing over the past few months either.

I am afraid the trap releases were askewed anyway from the get go. When wave 3 came out only Target was seeing them here in the US and it took a couple months for other retailers to see these.

Definitely disappointing to us whom have been around since the beginning!!
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#54 Posted: 16:42:08 05/08/2015
Then you and all the other guys in the room needs to press the issue

That'd be nice, but it isn't realistic. The folks with direct connections to Activision/VV/TFB have these connections solely at the discression of Activision (Or VV or TFB). If they harass them with questions they can't or don't want to answer and get indignant about it, Activision can just end the relationship, leaving the vBlogger out in the cold.
Luminous35 Gold Sparx Gems: 2457
#55 Posted: 17:25:03 05/08/2015
For goodness sakes! It's almost Superchargers and theres still no Yawn Traps! Not that I care but Are gonna wait t'ill like, Wave 4 of Superchargers then release them! Almost a year later! Jeez!
---
smilie smilie STARCAST FOR PRESIDENT OF MY SEXUALITY smilie smilie
smilie smilie Professor Jet-Vac? I don’t feel so good. smilie smilie
trail blazer Green Sparx Gems: 167
#56 Posted: 02:02:11 06/08/2015
What I don't understand is how they can hit Sept 20th for a release date and we won't have to question it! However it seems like every date after that is just a hope and prayer! I can't see how your distribution system can only work well ONE time! I understand there was a port strike and that was out of anyone's control, so it is what it is in that regard, but that excuse cannot be used for every single wave before the port strike, or long after the port strike. If the traps were going to be questionable then don't include them in the menu screen. (for example the legendary traps: you didn't know they existed until you stuck them on the portal and then "pow!" they showed up in the trap collection) I don't agree with a franchise this large, having this much success, asking us to invest this much, to leave you high and dry when it comes to the final three traps. Especially when you showed me in the beginning of the game it would be available and in order to show a completed trap page are required to finish!! I would even understand more if this was the first game, Sorry we didn't plan properly and we screwed up, backorder from activision directly and we will get them to you as soon as they come in. But this is your FOURTH installment!!! I think its time to get it right!! Not to mention, I as well as others were planning on buying 4 yawn traps when they came out, since there are more light villains then there are traps, which require me to buy 2!! Sorry for complaining, but as the title claims, I too am getting nervous! that I am getting hosed on the last 3 traps. With skydad confirming there is no mention from anyone on anything about traps, its like they are burying their heads in the sand and hoping it will just go away and no one will realize they just got hosed!! Well there is a pretty large group on this thread who are beginning to realize we are getting taken advantage of! Not to mention all the other collectors who aren't on this forum that will be going through this same thing too! I hope someone from activision reads this, runs it up the flagpole to the powers that be at activision and doesn't leave us hanging, only to try and sell us a new game! when they haven't finished up the previous one yet!
#57 Posted: 02:38:11 06/08/2015
Quote: UncleBob
Then you and all the other guys in the room needs to press the issue

That'd be nice, but it isn't realistic. The folks with direct connections to Activision/VV/TFB have these connections solely at the discression of Activision (Or VV or TFB ). If they harass them with questions they can't or don't want to answer and get indignant about it, Activision can just end the relationship, leaving the vBlogger out in the cold.

I didn't say to press the issue till you piss them off...Lou has contacts that the vBloggers and we don't have, because the Activision Facebook site isn't even responding to anyone post about them....and people are asking about them almost everyday(and no not me..i say something about every 2 weeks). These Traps should have been released by now.....i'm sure there sitting in some warehouse some place. The port strike had something to do with this i'm sure...and all the working on the New Skylander game and press work...i'm sure the Yawn Traps just got forgotten about.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:39:00 06/08/2015 by Phoenix_Lord
alegeobla Gold Sparx Gems: 2501
#58 Posted: 04:12:49 06/08/2015
I'm to the point where I'm assuming we're not getting the yawn traps. On top of that, here in Canada we havent even seen the last two mini packs, or any restock on trail blazer or cobra cadabra (I didnt even see them at all)
---
100% Character Upgrades: SA 43/43 SG 69/69 SSF 76/76 STT 25/69 SSC 32/34 SI 5/31 SEE 10/14
Currently Working on: Sure Shot smilie
mantez Emerald Sparx Gems: 3167
#59 Posted: 05:11:26 06/08/2015
Australia didn't get the last two mini packs and we had a very small shipment of Rocky Roll and echo. Targets shelves are flooded with the first 6 mini and buddy packs, which is probably the reason why. But I except it now as every game I have had to import something to complete my collection.
---
Gullible is not in the dictionary.
#60 Posted: 13:40:22 06/08/2015
I asked my magic 8-Ball about this and was told that good news comes to those who wait. I suspect those of us in the US will be pleased (well, as pleased as we ever are) soon enough.
alegeobla Gold Sparx Gems: 2501
#61 Posted: 16:04:45 06/08/2015
UncleBob I'm hoping you actually have some inside info on this and are just teasing. Don't get my hopes up too much haha
---
100% Character Upgrades: SA 43/43 SG 69/69 SSF 76/76 STT 25/69 SSC 32/34 SI 5/31 SEE 10/14
Currently Working on: Sure Shot smilie
#62 Posted: 16:39:43 06/08/2015
[User Posted Image]

I'm happy.
#63 Posted: 16:42:08 06/08/2015
Quote: mantez
Australia didn't get the last two mini packs and we had a very small shipment of Rocky Roll and echo. Targets shelves are flooded with the first 6 mini and buddy packs, which is probably the reason why. But I except it now as every game I have had to import something to complete my collection.

Yes i know mantez.....who ever the team is that runs the distribution of these figurse needs to be slapped in the back of there heads really hard....it has been like this since the begining. That entire team need to be fired and build a new team.
---
#64 Posted: 06:19:17 07/08/2015
The issue is that activision or whoever sends the figures to store sends too much stock of certain figures and the shops won't order more until they move the old stock. Hence no more new figures until the old ones sell.
---
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#65 Posted: 15:40:13 07/08/2015
All I can say is, they're part of the collection. These last three traps not being released actually hurts the credibility of the brand, and I will start to question my unwavering loyalty to this brand, since it can't give me the option of buying things that actually register in your collection menus.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
#66 Posted: 16:30:28 07/08/2015
Quote: GameMaster78
These last three traps not being released

Source?
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#67 Posted: 18:26:36 07/08/2015
I actually want these so bad, I had a dream that I found them last night smilie.
---
Dead
Portal___Master Emerald Sparx Gems: 3718
#68 Posted: 19:30:20 07/08/2015
Worst part is that no official source (acti/vv/tfb) have addressed the Yawn Traps lack of availability. smilie
---
smilie
Guinness Book of World Records holder for Largest SkyLanders Collection.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/SkyLandersCollectorsGroup
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#69 Posted: 20:05:14 07/08/2015
I just came back from TRU, and I talked to someone who worked there. They had a list of when the next shipment for the electronics section, and I asked when the next shipment of skylanders would come in. They said the next shipment they could see was Skylanders superchargers. The only trap tam stuff they would get in the meantime would be starter packs. I really, really [i]really[/im hope they are wrong(And there is still the possibility, since they just started working there not that long ago, and had no idea what they were talking about when it came to the new game. When they saw it on their list, they said: "superchargers? What in the world is that?").
---
Dead
#70 Posted: 21:24:30 07/08/2015
Quote: GameMaster78
These last three traps not being released

Source?

There's more lending to the fact they won't, than there is. If you have a source that says otherwise, I'm all ears. Otherwise, they're not coming out stateside.
---
#71 Posted: 23:37:22 07/08/2015
This discussion sounds familiar. Did you ever get the four Polar Whirlwinds to Dark for him to give away?

*edit* Whoops - had to go back and look - it was two Polar Whirlwinds and a Volcanic Vault.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 12:39:47 08/08/2015 by UncleBob
#72 Posted: 03:32:52 08/08/2015
Bringing up the past as an answer to a legitimate question? It's like changing the subject.

There is nothing to suggest that these traps are coming out. Until there is, it's safe to say they aren't coming out.
---
#73 Posted: 04:15:41 08/08/2015
There's nothing to suggest they aren't coming out either, aside from impatience.

Just like when you freaked out about Polar Whirlwind. Just like when you freaked out about the Wii Dark Edition of Superchargers.

Patience is a virtue.
Dadskylanders Yellow Sparx Gems: 1410
#74 Posted: 17:56:47 08/08/2015
I agree unclebob, I think they will wait until the end. Possible you will find them at FiveBelow soon next to the Punk Shock in regular packaging that never existed.
---
Father of future gamers
#75 Posted: 19:01:41 08/08/2015
Five Below isn't in all states, though. It's not like everyone who wanted Punk Shock in normal packaging, got her.

I don't see these coming out nationwide. There's no reason to wait when you have store shelves littered with a handful of water traps, and a whole lot of room for more traps.

I'll be glad to be proven wrong, but this time, I'll be right.
---
#76 Posted: 20:04:36 08/08/2015
I'd ask if you'd want to bet on it, but you'd probably welch on it like last time. :(
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#77 Posted: 21:44:45 08/08/2015
Waiting to hear back from an employee on this.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#78 Posted: 23:10:50 08/08/2015
GM, start with the whining...just think about what you can do with that $20 now. Treat your kids to a pizza or something.

These will come out. However I don't know when since it seems there's DEAD SILENCE in the stores. My stores look EXACTLY the same as it did 2-3 months ago. It's like all consumer buying of this stuff has stopped. Who would've thought folks got tired of their crap with 80 figures at 46+ traps. Granted summer is slow this will move again when the latest suckers buy SC and go back to Trap Team....so mid fall maybe we'll see it if stock starts to move. I'm actually concerned in my local Best Buy as they've REDUCED the floor space Skylanders receives and it's all stuck with non moving Trap Masters. Will be interesting to see how they deal with it. Poor guys are still stuck with Giants Portal Owner Packs.

Now, they may come out in a random shipment a year down the road, but the states will see it. I think they bit off more than they could chew.

My .02: things looks the slowest I've seen since the franchise started. Nothing looks like it is moving.
Edited 7 times - Last edited at 23:18:23 08/08/2015 by TakeYourLemons
tigerdr Yellow Sparx Gems: 1976
#79 Posted: 02:36:28 12/08/2015
Quote: goldenrushducks
What the heck is up with last waves?

SSA - whamshell
SG - Drobot
SSF - Firebone hotdog
SST - yawn traps

I can easily answer that for you as if you might have guessed by now that the final waves can be small due to the fact of them making another game to follow so less in production for them.

gamestops did get whamshell in then he showed up a lot more for giants. drobot was around except for the uk. firebone hotdog had a release close to easter but then ended up being a rare variant for a contest so that's kind of an exception. yawn traps since they didn't release on skylanders day it's only the conclusion you can draw is you're finally seeing the sales go that south on the games that they are neglecting the last rounds of merchandise to push out when they should. its possible they are sitting in warehouses, but they'll be seen at discount places due to being there or finally hitting stores way after into superchargers to take up space after most of those are gone. i've seen target pull out swap force figures lately to fill their holes of trap team they haven't had any shipments of.

I'd expect on any of these games now that no wave is safe and that any figure can end up not being released somewhere around the world if its near the end.

Also to make sure you get any wave 3s you want as they tend to also disappear. if you recall echo had that issue for trap team, scratch did as well from swap force. then i think thump back had that in giants. wave 3 tends to be a shorter wave as well and due to the level of clearing out the first two waves you might not see much of it at all.
---
Taking that last ride through the sunset on skylanders. Hopefully a return of more classic spyro gameplay in the horizon.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:40:46 12/08/2015 by tigerdr
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#80 Posted: 12:56:26 12/08/2015
Quote: tigerdr
Quote: goldenrushducks
What the heck is up with last waves?

SSA - whamshell
SG - Drobot
SSF - Firebone hotdog
SST - yawn traps

I can easily answer that for you as if you might have guessed by now that the final waves can be small due to the fact of them making another game to follow so less in production for them.

gamestops did get whamshell in then he showed up a lot more for giants. drobot was around except for the uk. firebone hotdog had a release close to easter but then ended up being a rare variant for a contest so that's kind of an exception. yawn traps since they didn't release on skylanders day it's only the conclusion you can draw is you're finally seeing the sales go that south on the games that they are neglecting the last rounds of merchandise to push out when they should. its possible they are sitting in warehouses, but they'll be seen at discount places due to being there or finally hitting stores way after into superchargers to take up space after most of those are gone. i've seen target pull out swap force figures lately to fill their holes of trap team they haven't had any shipments of.

I'd expect on any of these games now that no wave is safe and that any figure can end up not being released somewhere around the world if its near the end.

Also to make sure you get any wave 3s you want as they tend to also disappear. if you recall echo had that issue for trap team, scratch did as well from swap force. then i think thump back had that in giants. wave 3 tends to be a shorter wave as well and due to the level of clearing out the first two waves you might not see much of it at all.

Ive actually noticed that too about target, been seeing alot of swap force and even giants lately but nothing trap team other then water traps ans headrush.
tachoppers Green Sparx Gems: 133
#81 Posted: 04:03:09 21/08/2015
I hope these come out soon its impossible to find anything but water traps anymore
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#82 Posted: 05:15:51 21/08/2015
I know how everyone feels about this dilemma. I'm so worried about getting the last 2 traps, that I'm contemplating about getting duplicate traps to replace the missing traps and I really don't wanna go that route.
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
BoneGrunt Green Sparx Gems: 447
#83 Posted: 06:15:16 21/08/2015
The stock issues with Trap Team seems more prominent than in past games. While past games had their problems with the latter waves, it seems really bad this year, at least in my area.

-Spotlight
-Fling Kong
-Echo
-Enigma

-Yawn Traps
-All Dark Traps
-Non-Rebel Lob Goblin Light Traps (should have bought more than one of these...)

Most weekends, I visit all the usual retailers and I've never seen any of these on shelves anywhere.
LameLime Yellow Sparx Gems: 1200
#84 Posted: 12:16:17 21/08/2015
Heheh, glad I chose to buy Enigma the week he was released in my area.
---
NOSTALGA-LANDERS COLLECTION (Spyro's Adventure)
30/32 Skylanders -- 4/4 Levels -- 8/9 Items (Includes VV)
Missing: smilie smilie + Ghost Swords
#85 Posted: 18:10:23 21/08/2015
Still waiting. I'll be a skeleton before these things hit the US. In other words, they won't be released. These traps are the triple pack 3 and 4 of Trap Team, 5 and 6 of Swap Force, and 8 and 9 of Giants. Oh, and single pack Jet Vac from Giants.
---
mastermc54 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3448
#86 Posted: 23:44:26 21/08/2015
Quote: BoneGrunt
The stock issues with Trap Team seems more prominent than in past games. While past games had their problems with the latter waves, it seems really bad this year, at least in my area.

-Spotlight
-Fling Kong
-Echo
-Enigma

-Yawn Traps
-All Dark Traps
-Non-Rebel Lob Goblin Light Traps (should have bought more than one of these...)

Most weekends, I visit all the usual retailers and I've never seen any of these on shelves anywhere.

Most of the stores I visit in the NJ/NY area are flooded with Enigma, Fling Kong, and Flip Wreck. Thy can be ordered via Walmart.com for local pickup if in stock on the website. It seems Echo is gone completely despite supposedly being packed one per box in the final 2 waves. Traps are problematic...I haven't seen light or dark traps in ages in stores and it seems the glut of water traps has completely stopped retailers from reordering to the point at which I feel Activision has given up on distributing traps...both due to the lack of ordering and to make way for their next big thing (Superchargers). It really is in poor taste that Activision has created this trap problem and has never released the yawn traps in the US. It's a slap in the face to true collectors that they've turned a blind eye to this problem. You can expect the same situation with Superchargers vehicles which don't fly off the shelves.
Flaccid Hot Dog Emerald Sparx Gems: 3362
#87 Posted: 13:21:23 22/08/2015
To whom it may concern,

Just got new copies of Trap Team and Swap Force to replay the games on Xbox One. Going out trap hunting now (yawn and yawn). Wish me luck.

Sincerely,
Flaccid Hot Dog (tired and uncensored)
#88 Posted: 16:28:54 22/08/2015
The fact that we see the yawn traps in other countries gives me no concern on IF they will be released...just a matter of WHEN. Keep the faith.
#89 Posted: 18:09:30 22/08/2015
Guys, Super-Mega Fan GameMaster78 says they're not coming, so obviously, they're not coming. He wouldn't ver be wrong.
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#90 Posted: 19:00:12 22/08/2015
Even I'm waiting for a proper response on these, even though I own all 3 already.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
allskate03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2915
#91 Posted: 19:39:16 22/08/2015
I was at two of my local gamestops and one said that he has heard nothing of them being released or showing in his system the other said he hasn't had new skylanders shipment in 2 months. So my guess is they won't release
---
Ssa 44/61, giants 69/87, swap force 79/89, trap team 59/65 traps 56/62. Have all cores and variants just not chase,fuzzy,gid
darkchylde28 Gold Sparx Gems: 2175
#92 Posted: 15:30:36 24/08/2015
Quote: allskate03
I was at two of my local gamestops and one said that he has heard nothing of them being released or showing in his system the other said he hasn't had new skylanders shipment in 2 months. So my guess is they won't release

They don't have different skus from the normal traps, so your local GameStop employee won't have any idea whether they'll ever get them or not. Managers could possibly have gotten an email from corporate with such details, but looking them up in the inventory system won't tell you anything since traps share skus/bar codes/etc. That's why when you order a generic trap on their website it's not guaranteed to be the one that they've pictured, it's just one of whatever element you selected. With the way eBay pricing has gone on these things for the limited amount of stock that's come out of Australia, if GameStop had any, they'd have been bundling them with other things to create even more $100+ bundles that nobody wants or needs anything out of save the rare goodie.

-Doug
---
SSA: Complete, SG: Complete, SSF: Complete, STT: Complete (Save Yawn Traps), SSC: Complete (To Date) + Various Chase/Promotional Variants
#93 Posted: 15:52:53 24/08/2015
^I agree, although doing this with the general stock item would seem too opportunistic, even for them.
TheSpyrofan12 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#94 Posted: 18:42:26 24/08/2015
Seeing Americans complain about 3 traps not being out yet is actually pretty funny.
UK and most of Europe don't even have all of Giant's figures (S2 Drobot and Royal DT) or Swap Force figures (Lightcore Bumble Blast).
---
Bring the Fanta
#95 Posted: 19:38:53 24/08/2015
Quote: TheSpyrofan12
Seeing Americans complain about 3 traps not being out yet is actually pretty funny.
UK and most of Europe don't even have all of Giant's figures (S2 Drobot and Royal DT) or Swap Force figures (Lightcore Bumble Blast).

Oh, in that case, every American should just shut up then. :p
#96 Posted: 21:17:19 24/08/2015

Oh, in that case, every American should just shut up then. smilie

Haha. Just saying how funny it was to hear that some Americans were complaining about some traps not out in their country, when regular figures weren't out in others. I heard that the Yawn traps are out in Australia (might be wrong) so those who really want to get them soon could always import them from the countries in which they are out in.
---
Bring the Fanta
#97 Posted: 22:59:10 24/08/2015
Haha. Just saying how funny it was to hear that some Americans were complaining about some traps not out in their country, when regular figures weren't out in others. I heard that the Yawn traps are out in Australia (might be wrong) so those who really want to get them soon could always import them from the countries in which they are out in.

The issue isn't that one country should look to another before expressing a concern about stock allocation - it's that Activision needs to make a better effort at not screwing all of the fans (within reason, sorry Brazil). Instead of People from Country X criticizing People from Country Y, both groups should join together to critique Activision. Same argument I made with Amiibo (except, of course, swapping Activision with Nintendo).

Also, it appears the quantities shipped to AU have pretty much dried up, with a very, very small amount of sellers left on eBay with them. If you haven't imported them yet, you're out of luck (according to Super-Fan GameMaster78). I say, be patient. But I'm probably wrong and GM78 is probably right. I mean, history has always shown this to be the other way around - but GM78 has got to win one eventually, right?
#98 Posted: 23:05:52 24/08/2015

The issue isn't that one country should look to another before expressing a concern about stock allocation - it's that Activision needs to make a better effort at not screwing all of the fans (within reason, sorry Brazil). Instead of People from Country X criticizing People from Country Y, both groups should join together to critique Activision. Same argument I made with Amiibo (except, of course, swapping Activision with Nintendo).

Also, it appears the quantities shipped to AU have pretty much dried up, with a very, very small amount of sellers left on eBay with them. If you haven't imported them yet, you're out of luck (according to Super-Fan GameMaster78). I say, be patient. But I'm probably wrong and GM78 is probably right. I mean, history has always shown this to be the other way around - but GM78 has got to win one eventually, right?

I do understand the issue with that. Ultimately it is an issue with Activision not bothering to meet the needs of the fans - if the game is out in that country, then they should release every figure in said country. With the fact that the Yawn traps not being out in the US at the moment, people could try being patient. UK didn't get Lightcore Hex until the release of Swap Force. With any luck, the Yawn traps will be out in the US (not holding my breath for the UK, however), but fans may need to wait until the release of Superchargers. If they aren't out by then, then they probably won't be released in the US, and importing them may be the only option.

Of course, one could contact Activision regarding the matter, but they probably won't be of any help.
---
Bring the Fanta
#99 Posted: 23:43:40 24/08/2015
Even though they have been released in Australia they have already sold out.
---
#100 Posted: 01:25:28 25/08/2015
Really TheSpyrofan12...they are all gone in aussie land(and the release in Australia was very small)....and the reason we are complaining about them not being released here is because its an American made game....not Japan or UK or China...ect..ect....but was thought up an created in Novato, California by Toys for Bob.
---
First | Page 2 of 3 | Last
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me