Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Skylanders Collection Value Of Sale? [CLOSED]
Evokazz Green Sparx Gems: 111
#1 Posted: 09:45:59 05/06/2015 | Topic Creator
Were thinking of selling our collection as my son has outgrown it, just wondered what kind of price it would be best to put on eBay etc? Here is what we have:

Spyro Game Starter Pack [360]
Giants Game Starter Pack [360]
Swap Force Game Starter Pack [360]
Swap Force Game Starter Pack [XBOX One]

-Every Character for Spyro's (not every release, but 1x variation of every character in the game) including Wham Shell, and all adventure packs, Darklight Crypt etc.
-Every Character for Giants (again not all variants, but 1 of every version, so some are lightcore, most aren't), and all adventure packs.
-80% Of every character in Swap Force, I think we are missing about 8 guys.

Any ideas for price I should be selling for as a complete bundle? Spyro's and Giants completion stats can be maxed to 100% with figures we have (ie full collection) and Swap Force is only missing a handful. We don't own any sidekicks though or the special toys in Swap Force. Can post pics is needed for a better idea.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 09:46:46 05/06/2015 by Evokazz
Alphawolf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1692
#2 Posted: 10:09:20 05/06/2015
you got all the cards and stickers to go with them all? if you do that ups the value alot, other than that for all the SSA figures maybe $150-180. gaints umm.... $200? swapforce i got no clue on. you can look up other ebay offers to get a price comparison.
#3 Posted: 10:22:52 05/06/2015 | Topic Creator
Yes have all cards and most of the stickers as well.
Portal King Yellow Sparx Gems: 1324
#4 Posted: 11:32:10 05/06/2015
I agree with the pricing of Alphawolf. A picture may help.
---
You need superchargers gear in Toronto? I'm your guy.
Add me on the wii u (Mario200) see ya on the track!
tigerdr Yellow Sparx Gems: 1976
#5 Posted: 11:35:40 05/06/2015
Quote: Portal King

a picture probably would in that and i'm wondering myself on pricing a bit. since i have mine sealed and quite a few rares. still got the clear ssa cynder sealed too.

on another note: you should check your ebgames or game stops in canada or try crossing the border to the states to them if its close enough since they keep getting kaos traps in. as far as i can tell the only retailer in north america that's guaranteed to have them in shipments now is those stores.
---
Taking that last ride through the sunset on skylanders. Hopefully a return of more classic spyro gameplay in the horizon.
mantez Emerald Sparx Gems: 3167
#6 Posted: 11:37:33 05/06/2015
.99 cent auction with no reserve and let the market decide. Although you may be better of splitting it up, maybe in to elements or lots of 8 with 1 of each element. Also selling some of the rarer figures (boomer and ghost roaster) on their own might net you a bit more.
---
Gullible is not in the dictionary.
#7 Posted: 13:00:24 05/06/2015 | Topic Creator
Will update with picture later on, many thanks for suggestions thus far.
#8 Posted: 14:28:12 05/06/2015
Quote: Evokazz
Will update with picture later on, many thanks for suggestions thus far.

Cool.
---
#9 Posted: 14:29:22 05/06/2015
Quote: tigerdr

a picture probably would in that and i'm wondering myself on pricing a bit. since i have mine sealed and quite a few rares. still got the clear ssa cynder sealed too.

on another note: you should check your ebgames or game stops in canada or try crossing the border to the states to them if its close enough since they keep getting kaos traps in. as far as i can tell the only retailer in north america that's guaranteed to have them in shipments now is those stores.

Yeh I should. Nothing at my ebgames in Canada but going to Florida for vacation. You think kaos trap might be there?
---
Phoenix_Lord Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#10 Posted: 15:36:02 05/06/2015
Yes Portal King ...im seeing Kaos Traps all over now. Also what tigerdr and the others said is your best bet on selling your collection.
---
Theres no SuperChargers Cards. So I'm making my own... smilie
#11 Posted: 17:55:20 05/06/2015
Quote: Phoenix_Lord
Yes Portal King ...im seeing Kaos Traps all over now. Also what tigerdr and the others said is your best bet on selling your collection.

Awesome cause I'm not seeing nothing yet. This is a true hunt
---
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#12 Posted: 19:04:16 05/06/2015
this is a sign of things to come.... sad but true, there should never been vehicles in a skylander game.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#13 Posted: 19:08:10 05/06/2015
Quote: CountMoneyBone
this is a sign of things to come.... sad but true, there should never been vehicles in a skylander game.

I don't even care if you'll ignore me replying as always,you're really starting to get your opinions over your head. You don't work at Activision,you don't get to tell what gimmick is right or wrong.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:08:24 05/06/2015 by Bifrost
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#14 Posted: 21:33:53 05/06/2015
Quote: Bifrost

I don't even care if you'll ignore me replying as always,you're really starting to get your opinions over your head. You don't work at Activision,you don't get to tell what gimmick is right or wrong.

Activision isn't the one that gets to say what gimmick works or doesn't work, that's what the fans get to do and they do it with their wallet. Because no matter what the gimmick is as far as Activision is concerned, "it works". Take your nose out of Activision's rear for a bit and understand that criticism of a gimmick that does not sound desirable to someone is a perfectly fine thing to do. It is Activision's job to sell us on the concept and why this is a good next step in the franchise, not to decide for us what is "right or wrong". Right now there are a whole lot of questions as to how this works.
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#15 Posted: 22:16:15 05/06/2015

Just ignore Kappa. Once a troll, always a troll. That's how he's always been since Day 1, regardless of his multiple gnorc's and being ripto'd.
---
words. letters. filler.
#16 Posted: 22:31:04 05/06/2015
Quote: defpally

Activision isn't the one that gets to say what gimmick works or doesn't work, that's what the fans get to do and they do it with their wallet. Because no matter what the gimmick is as far as Activision is concerned, "it works". Take your nose out of Activision's rear for a bit and understand that criticism of a gimmick that does not sound desirable to someone is a perfectly fine thing to do. It is Activision's job to sell us on the concept and why this is a good next step in the franchise, not to decide for us what is "right or wrong". Right now there are a whole lot of questions as to how this works.

Wow that's totally not a rude expression to use,maybe next time I'll tell you to stick your nose up somewhere unpleasant and expect a calm reaction. Also have you even read CMB's posts? It's not about if he likes it or not,it's sour grapes that obviously everyone who accepted the gimmick is wrong and TFB apparently hates this. Here's the thing,they didn't say a WORD about this and people can like and dislike something as long as they're not preaching about how things not up to their standards should be up to no one's.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 22:32:09 05/06/2015 by Bifrost
bilbobagins3 Gold Sparx Gems: 2869
#17 Posted: 00:02:45 06/06/2015
Standard core characters sell for basically $3-5 with some exceptions (usually limited release and variants). Lightcores sell for $5-7, again with some exceptions (Pop Fizz). The gimmicks sell for $7-10, and newer stuff will always fetch a bit more. GameStop gets bashed a lot but they aren't stupid use this tool and look at what they buy them for. If you can get 200%+ of their prices then you are doing good. That will always be a resellers ultimate goal to at least double their investment.

It is sorted by price highest to lowest for what they give people for a trade.

http://www.gamestop.com/trade/...&Ntt=Skylanders
---
I collect way more than just Skylanders and other video games, check it out.

http://ryanwm1.filmaf.com/
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#18 Posted: 00:14:36 06/06/2015
650-800 in bulk, up to $900 if sold in bits, it would just take longer if you don't sell it a together.
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
mantez Emerald Sparx Gems: 3167
#19 Posted: 00:33:09 06/06/2015
Quote:
http://www.gamestop.com/trade/...&Ntt=Skylanders

LOL at the Trade Value for Tree rex
---
Gullible is not in the dictionary.
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#20 Posted: 02:59:39 06/06/2015

Wow that's totally not a rude expression to use,maybe next time I'll tell you to stick your nose up somewhere unpleasant and expect a calm reaction. Also have you even read CMB's posts? It's not about if he likes it or not,it's sour grapes that obviously everyone who accepted the gimmick is wrong and TFB apparently hates this. Here's the thing,they didn't say a WORD about this and people can like and dislike something as long as they're not preaching about how things not up to their standards should be up to no one's.

CMB is a glass empty fellow...and that's fine. CMB's comments are opinions just like the drooling fanboys. Problem I have is with assertions. I'd argue CMB's post asserting doom and gloom was not called for (mainly just saying people are leaving in droves but doesn't offer any evidence other than this poor OP who is simply trying to get prices), but I'm all for his critique of what he dislikes about the game. I'm sure I'll have some before the reveal has fully arrived. defpally is right though...the fans will decide. One stark contrast for me is that this is the first official reveal that didn't involve Eric Hirshberg, and it seems rather subdued. Frankly I'm fine with that as they have their hands full with getting it done but something that stood out for me.
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 03:05:19 06/06/2015 by TakeYourLemons
#21 Posted: 04:41:59 06/06/2015
Doom and gloomers are annoying, but so are people that relentlessly defend every single thing Activision does with Skylanders. This isn't the first time Bifrost has done this, I've read many of his posts and CMB's. And for him to tell someone they don't get to have an opinion (no matter who they are) is pretty darn rude.

"I disagree with your opinion" is fine. "I think your opinion is crazy" is also fine. "you don't get to tell what gimmick is right or wrong" is not fine. Everyone gets an opinion. You can debate it, argue it is wrong till the cows come home, but you don't get to condemn someone for that.

And, by the way, I'm definitely not all that enthused by the game at this point myself, either. It looks decent, has some potential - but the information provide has been particularly sparse, especially since the game is coming out one month earlier and the reveal was two months later. Three months from now they will be wanting people to drop hundreds of dollars of dollars on the game and figures and all we have seen is a commercial with practically no video from the game itself. I'm skeptical, and we should all be so.
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#22 Posted: 05:54:36 06/06/2015
[User Posted Image]

Adventure sets, traps and next years cars? We should do a "death tally" on how many toys they've effectively decommissioned (relative to original intent of toy).

I've come to expect sparse information. It was painful to see SkylanderB&G's kids get denied on a bunch of the information...that really didn't project a nice Activision to kids. I'm with you--if you're gonna announce the game, THEN FREAKING ANNOUNCE IT. They want to feed us giblets for the next few months and I'm going to be playing Batman Arkham Knight all summer and miss it all. It will be their fault smilie

Not sure I even want a re-imagined core, giant or whatever as a supercharger...after so many series of them I just don't want their vague appearance around my portal. If I get the game, the new guys and pick out my favorite vehicle may be it for me and no store variants, specials etc. Roller Brawl is too special to pass up though, she is awesome.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 06:01:18 06/06/2015 by TakeYourLemons
tigerdr Yellow Sparx Gems: 1976
#23 Posted: 09:52:32 06/06/2015

Yeh I should. Nothing at my ebgames in Canada but going to Florida for vacation. You think kaos trap might be there?
its possible as florida would have more of a supply and more gamestops around there. i think if you check target while there as well you'll find one easy.

And, by the way, I'm definitely not all that enthused by the game at this point myself, either. It looks decent, has some potential - but the information provide has been particularly sparse, especially since the game is coming out one month earlier and the reveal was two months later. Three months from now they will be wanting people to drop hundreds of dollars of dollars on the game and figures and all we have seen is a commercial with practically no video from the game itself. I'm skeptical, and we should all be so.

Thats what im taking on it. As someone said in another thread on it just being walking and then vehicles and walking again. That's even shown in the trailer so I can image that's how the gameplay is. The investments arent worth it this time around. Its a nice idea but I'm not feeling it. There's also a little burnout after trap team. It might be why they took longer to show it off due to the fact that it was not as ready as they thought it would be months ago. the fact they are taking longer to reveal things shows they are having issues with getting people to buy it now. I think theres a lot of people burned out on trap team. It looks like they won't even have elites this time around so that too became a gimmick for one game.
---
Taking that last ride through the sunset on skylanders. Hopefully a return of more classic spyro gameplay in the horizon.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 09:56:46 06/06/2015 by tigerdr
#24 Posted: 12:52:49 06/06/2015
Quote: tigerdr

its possible as florida would have more of a supply and more gamestops around there. i think if you check target while there as well you'll find one easy.

Thats what im taking on it. As someone said in another thread on it just being walking and then vehicles and walking again. That's even shown in the trailer so I can image that's how the gameplay is. The investments arent worth it this time around. Its a nice idea but I'm not feeling it. There's also a little burnout after trap team. It might be why they took longer to show it off due to the fact that it was not as ready as they thought it would be months ago. the fact they are taking longer to reveal things shows they are having issues with getting people to buy it now. I think theres a lot of people burned out on trap team. It looks like they won't even have elites this time around so that too became a gimmick for one game.

Yeh I been to Florida 2 times already and they have pretty good stock at all there stores. Thanks for the info bud. I hope I can find that trap. It's been a real hunt.
---
#25 Posted: 13:00:03 06/06/2015 | Topic Creator
Ok guys here's my images, it seems I am missing a few cards and stickies, but this is what I have, hopefully this gives a better estimate of value, I will be selling it all on eBay UK. The Portals are all included as well, not in images as they are rigged upto the Home Cinema Unit upstairs, but they are included and immaculate. 3 in total.

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

I forgot this guy in the above image:

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 13:04:27 06/06/2015 by Evokazz
#26 Posted: 13:47:58 06/06/2015
Quote: TakeYourLemons
I've come to expect sparse information. It was painful to see SkylanderB&G's kids get denied on a bunch of the information...that really didn't project a nice Activision to kids. I'm with you--if you're gonna announce the game, THEN FREAKING ANNOUNCE IT. They want to feed us giblets for the next few months and I'm going to be playing Batman Arkham Knight all summer and miss it all. It will be their fault smilie

You're welcome for convincing you to step up to an XBOne for Batman. I cannot wait. And I'm seriously considering the overpriced DLC as well that's how much I love those games. Just have to find time in between my son's Splatoon games, that game is great.
#27 Posted: 14:08:24 06/06/2015
Quote: Evokazz
Ok guys here's my images, it seems I am missing a few cards and stickies, but this is what I have, hopefully this gives a better estimate of value, I will be selling it all on eBay UK. The Portals are all included as well, not in images as they are rigged upto the Home Cinema Unit upstairs, but they are included and immaculate. 3 in total.

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

I forgot this guy in the above image:

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

Here's what I would pay for them. The spyros adventure collection around 100-150. Giants look like 150-200 and swap force 100-120. Pretty nice collection bud. Hope you get some good cash for it.
---
#28 Posted: 15:06:11 06/06/2015

"I disagree with your opinion" is fine. "I think your opinion is crazy" is also fine. "you don't get to tell what gimmick is right or wrong" is not fine. Everyone gets an opinion. You can debate it, argue it is wrong till the cows come home, but you don't get to condemn someone for that.

I might've worded myself harshly as usual then. What I meant is - you can like or dislike the gimmick, but if you don't work there, you're just lying if you say "TFB never asked for this" or "The canon never allowed this". Why? Because you don't hold and know all the lore, the devs do, and the devs choose(and can't say because of Acti) if they're okay with it or not. During TT he also went around spreading that the Minis don't change stats and have the same gameplay as the regulars, and of course went silent after it was obvious that the smaller hitboxes and different speeds changed everything for guys like Barkley, for the better or worse.

But at this point I'm just going offtopic. OP,with that big of a collection, I'd say sell by game minus Ghost Roaster and Boomer separate if you want it fast,or sell them separate in one of those big listings if you want to make the most out of cards+stickers. There are way less loose 'landers still with those around on Ebay than you'd think,especially at a nice price.
---
Alphawolf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1692
#29 Posted: 23:55:33 07/06/2015
humm.. if thats all of you figures that far from a complete collection ( as in all 44 figures from SSA) but you do have cards and stickers of most of them. i would agree with portals kings values of them.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me