Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Assassin's Creed IV Stories [CLOSED]
Metallo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6419
#1 Posted: 03:08:14 05/06/2015 | Topic Creator
This game just never gets boring for me and I don't know why.

Anyway, I'll start with El Tiburon, the penultimate boss and the right-hand man of Governor Torres. The game hints that you can only kill him with gunfire, but in reality, there are a few other ways. Very funny ways, actually.

The first one I discovered completely by accident: I hit triangle to shoot, and when you press triangle, you hit the nearest target that's highlighted and not what you're actually aiming at. At the last second, the highlight switched to a powder barrel, and so when I shot it, kaboom. El Tiburon was standing just close enough to be caught in the blast and he died. ragdolling across the arena. I think I literally said "What the ****?!" out loud.

Then, I started experimenting. I climbed to the top of the staircase, and when his indicator went from red to yellow, I hit circle and tackled him from above. Before he got back up, I hit him with my swords, and sure enough, he died.

Then, in what I thought was the most hilarious thing ever, I shot one of the regular soldiers with a Berserk Dart. He pulled out a pistol (note: the regular soldiers' pistols are incredibly weak), shot El Tiburon once* and the man kicked over dead.

And most recently, I've discovered that if you run up the staircase and let him chase you, you can get to the upper wall and he'll follow you there. If you can get him to fall into the water, he dies instantly (AC4 is the first game where NPCs can swim, but apparently El Tiburon can't with all that armor).

So, come on, mateys; share your stories of pirate shenanigans.

*Depending on how strong your pistols are, shooting him yourself can take about 7-15 shots.
StriderSwag Gold Sparx Gems: 2769
#2 Posted: 04:26:07 05/06/2015
Finally, a topic that truly calls for me.

You know all those Legendary Ships you can hunt down? Well, when I started playing, I didn't know how powerful they were. Once I got the Jackdaw, I went hunting for one. I had no upgrades at all, and had to face off against those twin ships. I got ****ing SLAUGHTERED.

In other news, this glitch isn't too uncommon for me, since I play PC:
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:27:28 05/06/2015 by StriderSwag
Metallo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6419
#3 Posted: 16:53:07 05/06/2015 | Topic Creator
^Yep. I went back and started harvesting all the wood and metal I could get until I could upgrade the Jackdaw. Then, one by one, slowly but surely, I struck them down.

I've never had that ocean glitch but I'd probably go insane.

Also, you know the Templars Burgess and Cockram? In order to get full sync, the game says you have to double assassinate them, but really that just means that they have to die at the same time.

One time, I blew my cover on purpose to face them in open conflict. I ran away and climbed up a sniper's platform, and they both chased me up the ladder. As I was fighting them, another Brute down below threw a grenade up there; the blast knocked Burgess and Cockram off the platform, and they hit the ground at the same time, therefore the game registered it as a double assassination. It was pretty sweet.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me