darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: SuperChargers > 50/50 inaccuracy? (Less Vehicle sections?)
Page 1 of 1
50/50 inaccuracy? (Less Vehicle sections?)
Blink182Bouncer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1659
#1 Posted: 23:30:47 04/06/2015 | Topic Creator
So it's been said we have a 50:50 split between vehicle zones and normal combat, but maybe we dont need to do all the vehicle sections, just the ground ones. So of that 50 we might only have to do 1/3 (the ground ones) so the real split may be 1:3. Just a hope.
---
Still Waiting For Legendary Tom DeLonge To Come In The Blink-182 Triple Pack.
WHY DID THEY MAKE MATT SKIBA "CALIFORNIA EDITION EXCLUSIVE"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:22:41 05/06/2015 by Blink182Bouncer
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#2 Posted: 10:11:05 05/06/2015
This is, in fact, a very interesting question. I don't like all this vehicles thing so I was wondering as well how much are we ging to be able to play as our skylanders. Sadly game informer said it was going to be a 50/50 share "The vehicular play accounts for roughly 50 percent of SuperChargers gameplay", source:

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/...erchargers.aspx

I hope they are wrong, but the trailers also show a big emphasis on vehicles. Addtionally Lou has said in a coupe of videos that "gameplay styles will aternate " (which sounds lke a 50/50 share), while the HD room said "Players will have to embrace the vehicle gameplay style".

Not onyl that but you'll need the a land vehicle in order to complete the main storyline, which is something that has never happened before.

I don't like this huge emphasis on vehicles, I hope later reviews can provide more information on this subject.
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:11:55 05/06/2015 by angelg
#3 Posted: 11:50:18 05/06/2015 | Topic Creator
I don't mind the vehicle sections, I don't want the sections to be so close together you can't get into any one section.
---
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#4 Posted: 01:39:47 09/06/2015
According to the gameinformer video showcasing Jet Vac, it appears official that approximately 50% of the game are the vehicle sections. So those worried about the mix can now officially worry. Also, this means that not buying an air or sea vehicle means you would miss out on approximately 33% of the content of the game.

Edited 3 times - Last edited at 01:41:16 09/06/2015 by TakeYourLemons
#5 Posted: 02:46:52 09/06/2015 | Topic Creator
Is the %33 additional to %17 mandatory? If so thats fine. The Swap Zones and Elemental zones would take up my time anyway on my first run in past games so I'll do this anyway. As long as I can skip them when replaying (Which seems likely with the smaller chapters as checkpoints) However it truly is %50 mandatory, that's a bit steep.
---
GatorShea Green Sparx Gems: 361
#6 Posted: 05:17:04 09/06/2015
It is kind of sad when we are figuring out the percentage of the game we will miss if we don't buy this type of vehicle or that figure. I'm still not sure what to think about this year's iteration.
---
PSN: GatorShea Feel free to add me if you play on either the PS3 or PS4.
Jeriba Yellow Sparx Gems: 1168
#7 Posted: 05:20:22 09/06/2015
The question is if we're talking about 50 % of the complete game or 50 % inside the story? In Trap Team we had only the Kaos mode and Brock's arena, but In Swap Force we had a lot more bonus-content. Now the big levels from SF are back, but segmented in several smaller levels, so that we maybe will have one main vehicle zone and one vehicle elemental zone in each of them. Sound of a lot, but on the other side we will become a lot more content for our money smilie.
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#8 Posted: 07:11:08 09/06/2015
I'm not worried by that 50/50 mix, just a bit disappointed.

I would have been worried by a 70% vehicles and 30% platforming, and extremely happy with the opposite.

I'll join the other comments, hoping a good percentage of the vehicles areas will be optional or behind Elemental Gates.
The number of required vehicles would remain the same but at least we could replay a level without having to use them too much, and we would probably also get a more solid platforming experience.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me