Page 1 of 1
Doubt we will NEED to use vehicles
Blink182Bouncer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1659
#1 Posted: 23:25:33 04/06/2015 | Topic Creator
We've been told we need a land vehicle and that's still a strong possibility they might change that. I remember in SWAP Force they said we need a rocket skylander to make it through the game but that changed. But whaddya think?
---
Still Waiting For Legendary Tom DeLonge To Come In The Blink-182 Triple Pack.
WHY DID THEY MAKE MATT SKIBA "CALIFORNIA EDITION EXCLUSIVE"
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10010
#2 Posted: 23:26:51 04/06/2015
Now they have Instant Hot Streak as an excuse. 'If you get the starter pack,you get the vehicle. If you get Digital Owners,you can have a digital version of it, so whatever way you get the game you'll have one' etc etc disregarding loose cds since these are used. They're already using balancing as an excuse to keep the level cap, like they couldn't, you know, balance the game to level 25 and up,or just not raise health by the 200s every time.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:28:15 04/06/2015 by Bifrost
gillgrunt987 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7386
#3 Posted: 23:27:34 04/06/2015
I think you have to use a land vehicle occasionally in some levels, but sea/air vehicles are optional throughout. Not entirely sure about this though.
---
I can survive scalding hot coffee and being whipped for 24 hours a day. Digestive biscuits or riot.
Portal King Yellow Sparx Gems: 1324
#4 Posted: 23:52:23 04/06/2015
I don't know if your gonna need it or not but what ever the case is I'm buying I to this gimmick. Maybe my favourite one yet. I love any automobiles and that brought into my favourite game is a awesome combo.
---
You need superchargers gear in Toronto? I'm your guy.
Add me on the wii u (Mario200) see ya on the track!
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#5 Posted: 10:14:31 05/06/2015
Quote: Blink182Bouncer
We've been told we need a land vehicle and that's still a strong possibility they might change that. I remember in SWAP Force they said we need a rocket skylander to make it through the game but that changed. But whaddya think?

I still have the same concern, would love to play through without the need of going into the vehicles thing, but it seems they are gonna do it this time around, and for the first time the gimmick will be necessary to complete the storyline. LIke the HD room said "PLayers wil have to embrace the vehicle gameplay"...want it or not. ME not like this.
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#6 Posted: 13:43:27 05/06/2015
Even if they already confirmed there will be mandatory land vehicle areas, it isn't a possibility to exclude.

After all Elemental Traptanium Gates and villain timer were both choices made during development.

I would no doubt hope it since it would surely help me feel a stronger Skylanders vibe.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#7 Posted: 15:09:53 05/06/2015
I got the distinct impression that LAND vehicles MUST be used as part of the main story path. AIR and SEA vehicles were optional. For example, the clip you saw had a locked door and interaction WITH THE VEHICLE was required to move forward. And, in the video with SkylanderB&G, Lou even said this fact.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 16:35:14 06/06/2015 by TakeYourLemons
Failinhearts Gold Sparx Gems: 2376
#8 Posted: 15:23:00 05/06/2015
A thing that makes Skylanders so great is that all you need is one Skylander to potentially finish the story. Superchargers kinda spits on that idea with mandatory vehicles.

My sister isn't a fan of driving games so she is not very excited for this game because of the mandatory driving sections.

Sadly, the mandatory land sections might be here to stay and won't change to be optional. The whole point of the story is that Kaos ate up the connection between the Portal Masters and Skylands, with the vehicle's Rift Engines being the only thing to re-establish that connection between realms.

Unless there is a big re-write to the story, you better make sure Hot Streak (or any other vehicle) is on that portal at all times.
---
SSA: 37/37. SG: 61/62. SSF: 73/75 STT: 42/78
Have left this forum, who knows if I'll come back...
A believer of Jesus Christ
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:51:16 05/06/2015 by Failinhearts
LordElohim Yellow Sparx Gems: 1811
#9 Posted: 01:58:59 06/06/2015
No, the thing about Skylanders was always that you need the starter pack to finish the game. This is no different. Only a land vehicle is required to finish the game, and you get that land vehicle in the starter pack. Nothing about "what makes Skylanders great" has changed in that regard.
---
Hail Sithis
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#10 Posted: 02:34:25 06/06/2015
Quote: LordElohim
No, the thing about Skylanders was always that you need the starter pack to finish the game. This is no different. Only a land vehicle is required to finish the game, and you get that land vehicle in the starter pack. Nothing about "what makes Skylanders great" has changed in that regard.

Couldn't possibly agree more.
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
#11 Posted: 02:38:05 06/06/2015
As weird as this sounds, I get the feeling there will be NO ELEMENTAL GATES in this game. Who agrees?
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#12 Posted: 07:17:37 06/06/2015
Quote: TakeYourLemons
As weird as this sounds, I get the feeling there will be NO ELEMENTAL GATES in this game. Who agrees?

Don't know about the regular ones but Vehicle Elemental Gates have already been confirmed in quite some interviews.

I hope the other (REGULAR) ones will return.
Otherwise it would simply be another element of the main experience they thrown away...
Nothing too drastic at this point...
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#13 Posted: 16:23:20 06/06/2015
One question: Even if the SuperChargers aren't sitting in their signature vehicles, will the ones in the vehicles of the same elements be able to power up as much as their signature drivers? For example, Stormblade pilots the Jet Stream instead of the Sky Slicer. Will Stormblade and Jet Stream be as strong as she is being in the Sky Slicer or not? I'm just curious about that.
#14 Posted: 16:27:59 06/06/2015
Quote: TheShadowDragon
One question: Even if the SuperChargers aren't sitting in their signature vehicles, will the ones in the vehicles of the same elements be able to power up as much as their signature drivers? For example, Stormblade pilots the Jet Stream instead of the Sky Slicer. Will Stormblade and Jet Stream be as strong as she is being in the Sky Slicer or not? I'm just curious about that.

I don't think they will be able to power up the vehicle as much as their signature drivers, otherwise thr superchargers figures wouldn't have anything "unique", but perhaps, there's some sort of advantage when going pairing a vehicle and skylander of the same element (increase damage or something similar). Just a theory.
---
#15 Posted: 16:36:15 06/06/2015
Quote: Drek95

Don't know about the regular ones but Vehicle Elemental Gates have already been confirmed in quite some interviews.

Otherwise it would simply be another element of the main experience they thrown away...

Please indicate source, because I've never heard that. Only seen SkylanderB&G and wideawakewesley FGTV interview with Guha.

Also, in hearing about the elements of the vehicles, is it true they are a mix/match similar to what they did with the Swappers in Swap Force? I may have found their reason for us to pick up more than a couple of vehicles.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 17:07:29 06/06/2015 by TakeYourLemons
#16 Posted: 16:42:05 06/06/2015
Quote: Drek95

Please indicate source, because I've never heard that. Only seen SkylanderB&G and wideawakewesley FGTV interview with Baha.

Also, in hearing about the elements of the vehicles, is it true they are a mix/match similar to what they did with the Swappers in Swap Force? I may have found their reason for us to pick up more than a couple of vehicles.

I'm not sure (english is not my mother tongue), but I think Guha Bala talks about " vehicle elemental zone" at 6:35-6.46. Apart from this interview I don't remember hearing it in other reviews:

---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 16:44:45 06/06/2015 by angelg
#17 Posted: 16:52:06 06/06/2015
Doing fine, thanks dude! Wow Count MoneyBone and Baron von Shellshock is in the main event. They essentially admitted that the vehicles will be minimized in the next game and given how they handled Traps, you are all on notice.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 17:07:05 06/06/2015 by TakeYourLemons
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me