Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
skylanders day @ Gamestop 6/27 [CLOSED]
goldenrushducks Yellow Sparx Gems: 1572
#1 Posted: 17:30:49 04/06/2015 | Topic Creator
http://www.gamestop.com/skylanders
darkchylde28 Gold Sparx Gems: 2175
#2 Posted: 20:25:58 04/06/2015
I got the email about this, but neither that email nor the link above actually state if they're doing anything special. As best I can tell, they're just offering SuperChargers for preorder and yelling "SKYLANDERS DAY!!!" for some random reason. I can't figure out why they're bothering if they're not offering any special/exclusive products or pricing.

-Doug
---
SSA: Complete, SG: Complete, SSF: Complete, STT: Complete (Save Yawn Traps), SSC: Complete (To Date) + Various Chase/Promotional Variants
Alphawolf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1692
#3 Posted: 21:14:30 04/06/2015
same nothing that special, would be nice if pre-orders were available and they had a sale at the same time. maybe they will its still kind of a ways off.
undeadmaster Gold Sparx Gems: 2126
#4 Posted: 23:27:26 04/06/2015
It says there will be exclusive skylanders there.
---
I probably won't be back for like a year.
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#5 Posted: 23:31:25 04/06/2015
It would not surprise me if that was the day King Cobra Cadabra hit, as that is the date that has been mentioned elsewhere. They will probably have some other deals, particularly on Eon's Elite if you missed the half price deal.
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#6 Posted: 23:41:31 04/06/2015
Pretty sure they'll release the final 3 Traps on that day. They've been held off for long enough.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
#7 Posted: 00:33:28 05/06/2015 | Topic Creator
Maybe gnarly barkely?
Portal___Master Emerald Sparx Gems: 3718
#8 Posted: 03:01:53 05/06/2015
Gnarly Barkley is already out, as of yesterday, Wednesday, check your local toysrus.
---
smilie
Guinness Book of World Records holder for Largest SkyLanders Collection.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/SkyLandersCollectorsGroup
tigerdr Yellow Sparx Gems: 1976
#9 Posted: 11:28:34 05/06/2015
as someone had said in a previous thread, king cobra cadabra and the one Steam Punk Shrednaught tech trap release that day and they are in gamestop's system. an employee let me search for gnarly who is not in their system at all but those two are for 6/27 release
---
Taking that last ride through the sunset on skylanders. Hopefully a return of more classic spyro gameplay in the horizon.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:38:57 05/06/2015 by tigerdr
#10 Posted: 11:38:56 05/06/2015 | Topic Creator
I do not want to go to TRU to find one character, is he exclusive???

Quote:
as someone had said in a previous thread, king cobra cadabra and the one Steam Punk Shrednaught tech trap release that day and they are in gamestop's system. an employee let me search for gnarly who is not in their system at all but those two are for 6/27 release

thank you.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:40:01 05/06/2015 by goldenrushducks
#11 Posted: 11:40:08 05/06/2015
Quote: goldenrushducks

might be for the time being, you can order him online for toys r us still: http://www.toysrus.com/product...rentPage=search
---
Taking that last ride through the sunset on skylanders. Hopefully a return of more classic spyro gameplay in the horizon.
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#12 Posted: 14:04:41 05/06/2015
Quote: goldenrushducks

Yes, the TRU email that came out to announce pre-orders for Super Chargers (on Wednesday, 6/3) also mentioned them having Gnarly Barkley and he was exclusive. So in the US, TRU is where you get him - try online if a store is too far/unpleasant.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:05:04 05/06/2015 by defpally
INTIMIDAT3R Blue Sparx Gems: 857
#13 Posted: 14:11:06 15/06/2015
I hope it's better than the last Skylanders Day when they sold out of all the new stuff during the week instead of holding it till Skylanders Day.

@#$&!!!
---
"I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith."--- 2 Timothy 4:7
#14 Posted: 02:15:49 16/06/2015
it's register locked for the 27th so relax. they can't release king cobra cadabra or the steampunk trap until then
---
darkchylde28 Gold Sparx Gems: 2175
#15 Posted: 15:37:50 16/06/2015
Quote: tigerdr
it's register locked for the 27th so relax. they can't release king cobra cadabra or the steampunk trap until then

Not to be a Doubting Thomas, but I got told that by a GameStop employee that I knew and used to trust regarding the Rebel Lob Goblin trap. Did you have an employee/manager actually check for a register lock or did they just tell you they couldn't/wouldn't sell you stock until 6/27? The reason I ask is due to getting burned on their last exclusive trap where they actually opened up their discounts and sold all of their stock of exclusive and discounted items the preceding week despite me going in and asking specifically for it. If GameStop burns me this time, I'm done with them--I'll just pick up all of their exclusives through rebuyers, as much as it pains me to do so. It's pretty bad when the scalper market caters better to fans than a major retailer isn't it?

-Doug
---
SSA: Complete, SG: Complete, SSF: Complete, STT: Complete (Save Yawn Traps), SSC: Complete (To Date) + Various Chase/Promotional Variants
PwnageFTW Yellow Sparx Gems: 1716
#16 Posted: 15:40:51 16/06/2015
Maybe those All-Star skylanders that were mentioned in another topic.
---
Quote: Carmelita Fox
YOU’RE ALL DUMB SHEEP!!!!
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#17 Posted: 00:58:31 17/06/2015
http://www.gamestop.com/gs/pag...nders-Day-6-27/

amazing deals here. also KCC gamestop exclusive.
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#18 Posted: 02:15:37 17/06/2015
I wonder if you have to pre-order at GS to get the trap or if you can just pay them and buy the trap that day.
dinoah2005 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3472
#19 Posted: 02:28:08 17/06/2015
The bottom of the flyer shows it available as a single and get a free Water trap.
#20 Posted: 02:40:08 17/06/2015
Ah. I didn't download the flyer, I just looked at the preview online.
The Punch Pop Fizz and Giants three-pack is a pretty sweet deal if you use the $10 off Trap Team coupon from the Happy Meal Toys/General Mills cereals. If you can get your Game Stop to take them. I might pick up the Wii U version of Trap Team just 'cuz.

Of note, that full flyer shows one of the Yawn traps.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:40:53 17/06/2015 by UncleBob
jedihunter12 Gold Sparx Gems: 2401
#21 Posted: 02:52:24 17/06/2015
What if you pre order now do you get the trap
stinkbomb29 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1697
#22 Posted: 12:13:50 17/06/2015
Ok, the last time there was a flyer they pictured a single pack of the Tech Tiki trap, so, you really can't bank on them having yawn traps!

I also talked to an associate that worked at gamestop. He said that King Cobra Cadabra and Steampunk Shreadnaught have no street date so as soon as they come in they will be put out.

So keep an eye out ahead of time!!!
SkylandersEzra Emerald Sparx Gems: 3666
#23 Posted: 22:28:50 21/06/2015
Official advertising from GameStop confirms that King Cobra Cadabra and Steampunk Shrednaught are Exclusives and will release on June 27th.

http://skylanderscharacterlist...nk-shrednaught/
hotdiggitydog Green Sparx Gems: 304
#24 Posted: 13:29:28 22/06/2015
Does anyone know if the one-day deals will be available on GameStop.com as well or just in stores?
stoat2337 Gold Sparx Gems: 2270
#25 Posted: 21:44:01 25/06/2015
Not sure if you guys already posted this, but for you Portal Masters that are also members of the GS Adventure Club, you can get your Steampunk Shrednaught free if you pre-order Super Chargers on Saturday.
GamerDrone Emerald Sparx Gems: 3287
#26 Posted: 23:16:52 25/06/2015
Quote:
Of note, that full flyer shows one of the Yawn traps.

I was looking at the ad again with my son and noticed that. I came here to post and see that others saw it too. Now, I just wonder if it is for real? Wouldn't be the first time a Skylanders ad shows something that wasn't actually available yet.
Taronyx Yellow Sparx Gems: 1330
#27 Posted: 17:33:50 26/06/2015
I've called several GameStops this morning that received their last shipment for the sale and none of them have the Yawn traps.
---
I don't want the world, I just want your half
hfdpro Blue Sparx Gems: 939
#28 Posted: 14:12:53 27/06/2015
Just got back from my GS. They were somewhat organized, they had KCC behind the register along with the shrednaught trap. They allowed only one KCC per person, though it is buy one get one free on cores, but this was nice (deters the scalpers). I did preorder 3 (xbone, wii u, and wii) superchargers and received 3 exclusive traps free. They had no posters. Good luck to all.
Huntrz2 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#29 Posted: 14:17:16 27/06/2015
Better get there early. Gamestop only had 4 KCC and a handful of traps. Everything was.gone 5 min after they opened.
hfdpro Blue Sparx Gems: 939
#30 Posted: 14:24:45 27/06/2015
Side note, no where on the KCC package does it have Gamestop Exclusive. I was under the impression it would be exclusive (the flyer) but guess not?
#31 Posted: 14:52:39 27/06/2015
Gnarley Barkley didn't say TRU exclusiveon the package either. Seems Activision is getting away from putting store logos on the packages. Maybe due to Target logos in Canada?
griswoldthunder Gold Sparx Gems: 2953
#32 Posted: 15:29:49 27/06/2015
Went to my local GameStop and picked up King Cobra Cadabra. My son grabbed an extra Fist Bump (free) to paint. Picked up Steampunk Shrednaught Tech Trap and got a useless Water Trap for free. Also picked up Elite Eruptor and Elite Terrafin. My son now has five of the elites. I am guessing these might go even lower ($10) because they had a ton of them out.
crstofer Emerald Sparx Gems: 4446
#33 Posted: 15:42:37 27/06/2015
Back from GS. Picked up 2 KCC with the BOGO core offer. Also received a garbage water trap FREE along with ShredNaught Trap
---
Zero Natal Green Sparx Gems: 371
#34 Posted: 15:50:28 27/06/2015
My skylanders day haul

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]
skylander_chaos Blue Sparx Gems: 825
#35 Posted: 16:16:05 27/06/2015
No posters.. Anyone?
---
Our collection : every Skylander, Infinity, Trap and Amiibo to date!
#36 Posted: 16:20:30 27/06/2015
Three GameStop stops later and I got everything I wanted to get and a little extra to hook up a co-worker with.

#1. Exclusive trap and extra Water trap I don't need. KCC and High Five I don't need. This GS put the sticker for KCC right on the cardboard back. Gr. GameStop price-tags, the bane of us in-box collectors. Tried for a Wii U Trap Team bundle. Out of stock. Wii? In-stock! Whoo! Bonus promo-bagged figures? In-stock! Whoo! Will you take my coupon? Nope. Boo-urns. Don't need the game then. I'll bite at $20. $30 is too much. :D

#2. Whoo! KCC's price tag is on the to of the plastic! Very easy to peel off - so I get him (and the first will go to my co-worker's son) along with the free Fling Kong I don't need. Wii U starter? Yup! Promo figures? Yup! Coupon? Nope. Dang.

#3. Wii U starter? Nope. Wii starter? nope. hm. Tablet starter (a second controller for multi-player should I ever get a compatible tablet...) Yup! Promo figures? Yup! Coupon? Ehh... Yup! Whoo! I really wanted the promo bagged figures. My original bagged Punch Pop Fizz had a GameStop price tag (for a free figure1) over the bar code and it tore the barcode when peeling it off. Not a huge deal, but here's my chance to replace it cheap. My Giants promo pack was an eBay pick-up and is just in overall bad shape. it has tons of puncture marks all through the bag where the figures cut through. Again, not *huge*, but a cheap fix. :D

A fex extra stops, but got everything I needed and a few things to hook my co-worker's son up with.
#37 Posted: 16:22:27 27/06/2015
Quote: skylander_chaos
No posters.. Anyone?

Saw 'em at all three GS's I stopped at. Didn't get one since I didn't pre-order the new game.
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#38 Posted: 17:16:23 27/06/2015
Quote: UncleBob
Three GameStop stops later and I got everything I wanted to get and a little extra to hook up a co-worker with.

#1. Exclusive trap and extra Water trap I don't need. KCC and High Five I don't need. This GS put the sticker for KCC right on the cardboard back. Gr. GameStop price-tags, the bane of us in-box collectors. Tried for a Wii U Trap Team bundle. Out of stock. Wii? In-stock! Whoo! Bonus promo-bagged figures? In-stock! Whoo! Will you take my coupon? Nope. Boo-urns. Don't need the game then. I'll bite at $20. $30 is too much. smilie

#2. Whoo! KCC's price tag is on the to of the plastic! Very easy to peel off - so I get him (and the first will go to my co-worker's son) along with the free Fling Kong I don't need. Wii U starter? Yup! Promo figures? Yup! Coupon? Nope. Dang.

#3. Wii U starter? Nope. Wii starter? nope. hm. Tablet starter (a second controller for multi-player should I ever get a compatible tablet...) Yup! Promo figures? Yup! Coupon? Ehh... Yup! Whoo! I really wanted the promo bagged figures. My original bagged Punch Pop Fizz had a GameStop price tag (for a free figure1) over the bar code and it tore the barcode when peeling it off. Not a huge deal, but here's my chance to replace it cheap. My Giants promo pack was an eBay pick-up and is just in overall bad shape. it has tons of puncture marks all through the bag where the figures cut through. Again, not *huge*, but a cheap fix. smilie

A fex extra stops, but got everything I needed and a few things to hook my co-worker's son up with.

A hairdryer on low and the hottest setting for about 2 minutes does wonders to those annoying price tags.
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#39 Posted: 17:35:35 27/06/2015
I was able to obtain 3 different posters. They're all pretty much of stuff we've seen already, although there's a slight close up of "Splat" (the Magic Skylander with the boat).
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#40 Posted: 17:37:51 27/06/2015
Got the king, thunderbolt, and an extra Knight light for the heck of it.
The Collecter Yellow Sparx Gems: 1165
#41 Posted: 17:41:43 27/06/2015
Gamestop is also running 50% off all used Skylanders when 3 or more are purchased, 60% with a powerup card. I went to Gamestops and got a great haul for about $50. New Batspin and Highfive (BOGO), preowned Krypt King, Gearshift, Terrafin (S1), fist bump, fryno (S1 &S2), prism break (lightcore), trap shadow, zoo Lou (legendary) , sonic boom (S2), stealth elf (S2), scorp, drill sergeant (S2), and a punch pop fizz priced as regular pop fizz (about $1.25). The only thing I didn't get that I was after was Echo, the second store only had one and they were shipping her to another store for a customer. The only thing that would have topped all this would have been if I had found a new or preowned Scratch. All the stores here had plenty of KCC though. Can't wait for the next skylanders day.
Jimmy40741 Blue Sparx Gems: 732
#42 Posted: 18:17:14 27/06/2015
My GS let me get a second KCC as my free one today. So I got one for my neighbor's son since we have all the core characters. I went ahead and pre-ordered SC and got the trap for free. As far as the poster goes, it's only one third of a poster. If you read the ad closely it it says "Collect future posters at skylander days to build the ultimate supercharged poster". But they also had a stack of 8.5x11" ads on the counter that is like a mini version of a poster on one side and info about the game on the other, I asked the guy if I could take one and he said sure.
#43 Posted: 19:04:36 27/06/2015
online gamestop order messed up with not going through this morning despite being set for the b1g1 for the sale today so paypal still had pending on it while the order never went through at all on gamestop's end. so beware if trying to get figs online today for it.

though in store had better "luck" in going to 2 gamestops but they wouldn't let me get 2 KCC at each store due to their terrible amount (each store only had 4)
---
GamerDrone Emerald Sparx Gems: 3287
#44 Posted: 19:20:10 27/06/2015
Gamestop was on point this time. Got KCC but the core stock was limited. Picked up a Funny Bone and exchanged it for a Fist Bump at the next GS. Both stores had 8 of each (KCC and trap).
Alphawolf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1692
#45 Posted: 20:04:47 27/06/2015
i got short cut and enigma and pre-ordered superchargers with the free tech trap. no posters but they said they just didnt get them in yet. so keep calling back to see when they get them and then bring in the receipt to get the poster.
Portal___Master Emerald Sparx Gems: 3718
#46 Posted: 21:25:09 27/06/2015
No Yawn traps at any of the 5 local GameStops. smilie
---
smilie
Guinness Book of World Records holder for Largest SkyLanders Collection.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/SkyLandersCollectorsGroup
Iblistech Platinum Sparx Gems: 5099
#47 Posted: 22:58:33 27/06/2015
My haul:

[User Posted Image]
---
Hail to the King, baby!
ladala Yellow Sparx Gems: 1935
#48 Posted: 23:17:36 27/06/2015
Seemed a bit disorganized when I got there. I couldn't find the Skylanders at first, since it had been so long since I last shopped there (last Skylanders Day, to be exact).

They had a small selection of Skylanders, but none of the cores I wanted. Ended up getting Tuff Luck and Gearshift instead. They had a nice selection of used Skylanders, but the ones I was actually interested in were too expensive for me (setting a limit of $10 per Skylander, no matter what, and I only brought enough for a Trap Master+1 free). Still, Dark Mega Ram Spyro, Dark Blast Zone, Jade Fire Kracken, and Horn Blast Whirlwind were pretty cool to see in person.

There were some King Cobra Cadabras behind the counter, but I'm not that interested in the character, and like the standard color palette better. The employee didn't try to upsell me (always a plus), and I decided to leave them for someone who actually wanted one. There were some posters on the counter, (probably because the person in there before me pre-ordered? Not sure. I was busy looking at the used Skylanders) but I didn't get a good look.
---
Thank you for releasing me!
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#49 Posted: 03:08:14 28/06/2015
Ugh....just realized that It was bogo with the core guys. Im angry now.
Out of the two I was able to check, one had none in (or sold them?) then the other one had a few of the traps and KCC. All of the blisters were bent up, so i chose one that looked ok and tried to get the sticker off; ripped a bit of the blister artwork in the process. The traps were all bent so I just chose one that it wasnt super noticeable on...

Ughh.....if I go back, do you think they'd let me get another figure when I forgot about the bogo sale? lol

EDIT: Wow, got some exceptional service at my Gamestop. The guy was able to get me the one i forgot about today so that was pretty awesome.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:25:56 28/06/2015 by spyroflame0487
SlinkySlinks Yellow Sparx Gems: 1114
#50 Posted: 13:43:24 28/06/2015
I got smilie smilie smilie smilie and then 4 traps. and will be going back to get my king smilie since they were not in yet when I went so I placed one on hold.
---
"Boop!"
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me