Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > The All-Purpose Fallout topic: Fallout 4 releasing on November 10th!
Page 1 of 1
The All-Purpose Fallout topic: Fallout 4 releasing on November 10th! [CLOSED]
pankakesparx456 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7795
#1 Posted: 20:47:18 02/06/2015 | Topic Creator
Decided I should make this an official topic now that more for the game has been revealed. Talk about everything Fallout!

Fallout 4 will be coming to PC, XBO, and PS4 on November 10th.
---
Cool cool.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 13:08:54 15/06/2015 by pankakesparx456
spyrolvr96 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1214
#2 Posted: 21:24:23 02/06/2015
Please Stand By
---
The thing I never really wrapped my brain around until now was in order to be remembered, in order to leave something significant behind, you have to leave
StriderSwag Gold Sparx Gems: 2769
#3 Posted: 21:30:00 02/06/2015
I've never liked any Bethesda games, but I know it's been a while since the last one, so I guess I'm excited for those who've been waiting
zer0dch Ripto Gems: 1916
#4 Posted: 21:30:42 02/06/2015
Its a countdown for an announcement. It will be shown at E3.
arceustheprime Ripto Gems: 5362
#5 Posted: 00:41:31 03/06/2015
hell yesssss
edit: **** me bethesda
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:34:31 03/06/2015 by arceustheprime
spyrolvr96 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1214
#6 Posted: 14:13:00 03/06/2015
Dog confirmed Fallout 4 player character.
---
The thing I never really wrapped my brain around until now was in order to be remembered, in order to leave something significant behind, you have to leave
StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 6533
#7 Posted: 16:22:45 03/06/2015
At least there is actual colour and not just saturation or grey and brown.
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
#8 Posted: 20:32:34 03/06/2015 | Topic Creator
Official trailer has been released!
---
Cool cool.
Samius Hunter Gems: 9215
#9 Posted: 20:41:56 03/06/2015
Quote: StevemacQ
At least there is actual colour and not just saturation or grey and brown.

Literally my first impressions of the official trailer.
deaver88 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6107
#10 Posted: 21:15:05 03/06/2015
interesting...
---
Life is too short to be taken seriously
#11 Posted: 21:26:28 03/06/2015
Oh snap. They actually revealed it. Awesome.

Definitely can't wait. Fallout 3 was awesome, but New Vegas was better.

This will more than likely be inbetween Fallout 3 and New Vegas. :/
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8383
#12 Posted: 23:02:44 03/06/2015
Dogmeat. :3
valskeletor Yellow Sparx Gems: 1155
#13 Posted: 23:30:35 03/06/2015
i wonder if the prewar flashbacks will be a part of the game
---
tubular
#14 Posted: 00:21:05 04/06/2015 | Topic Creator
game is pretty much confirmed to be taking place in Boston, Massachusetts.

also, here's a more involved look at the trailer.
---
Cool cool.
TerraFizz Yellow Sparx Gems: 1484
#15 Posted: 01:02:33 04/06/2015
The trailer looks nice but the name "Bethesda" being attached pretty much prevents any sort of hype happening.
---
smilie Pop Fizz's Theme Song: smilie
http://youtu.be/zpE08s1g7m4
#16 Posted: 02:03:55 04/06/2015
Quote: TerraFizz
The trailer looks nice but the name "Bethesda" being attached pretty much prevents any sort of hype happening.

who do you think made fallout 3?? or the elder scrolls for that matter?
---
tubular
shroom boom Emerald Sparx Gems: 3133
#17 Posted: 04:35:05 04/06/2015
Quote: valskeletor

there a good game's company.
---
103 skylanders in total SSA:31/32 SG:26/30 SSF:39/56
#18 Posted: 07:23:24 04/06/2015

new vegas >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> fallout 3
arceustheprime Ripto Gems: 5362
#19 Posted: 10:16:37 04/06/2015
Quote: zer0dch

fallout 3 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> new vegas
OnionCakes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1810
#20 Posted: 20:42:38 04/06/2015

[User Posted Image]

um...wat
---
Check out my boyfriends Skylander ARTWORK
http://forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=108425
http://jacob-a-sweet.tumblr.com/
#21 Posted: 04:50:59 05/06/2015
Quote: arceustheprime
Quote: zer0dch

fallout 3 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> new vegas

both of them are great imo
---
tubular
#22 Posted: 13:06:56 15/06/2015 | Topic Creator
Here's a bunch of stuff that was shown off and announced for Fallout 4 at E3:

Quote: GameInformer
-The artists have created concept art for every button and piece of tech in the game. And we saw a lot of art.
-The game starts before the bombs fall, on a beautiful Saturday morning under the threat of nuclear war.
-Players will create their character in front of a mirror by sculpting their character's face and features, similar to The Sims 4.
-The main protagonist is voiced, and he (or she) narrates some of the things he sees.
-A Vault-Tec rep comes to the door to sell us entry to a nearby vault.
-The team recorded over 1,000 of the most popular names, so your name might be spoken in the game.
-Eventually the bombs drop, sending the world into darkness. We don't get much of the story, but players will emerge 200 years after the bombs, emerging as the sole survivor of vault 111.
-Player agency is still a main design goal for the game.
-After wondering the world for a small bit, the player comes back to his home town and runs into his old robot.
-The dialogue is dynamic, so players can walk away from conversation or even kill the other character in the middle of a conversation.
-The dog from the trailer is your buddy, and you can give him commands in the game. We saw the player tell him to pick up a bottle, and the dog ran it over to him.
-The V.A.T.S. system is back, and it now gives you more time to slow down time and hit the action hard.
-Howard said that Fallout 4 is the biggest, most immersive open world the team has ever worked on.
-The Pip-Boy is back, and it works as your menu, but it also can be used to play cool old games.A Fallout 4 collector's edition comes with a working Pip-Boy that you can put your phone into. -Android and iOS devices will have a companion app that lets you access things in the game using a second screen.
-While playing the game, you can rebuild new things inside the game. We watched a demo of someone building an entire house on the fly and then decorate that house in real time. As you build out a city, people will start to show up and move into your city. If you get power generators, you can set up automated defenses like turrets to protect your settlement. You'll need these defenses because your city can get raided. Once you have multiple settlements, you can set up trading caravans between the settlements.
-The crafting system carries over to other elements in the game. If you collect enough items you can start crafting new weapons. The game has 50 base weapons and over 700 mods that can completely change your gun into something new. We saw simple pistols modified into crazy plasma rifles.
-You can even modify your own power armor.
-The game is also coming out this year: November 10. Get ready to say goodbye to your social life.
---
Cool cool.
#23 Posted: 15:15:59 15/06/2015
all that customization and settlement building looks AMAZING

i guess you could say
this game is rad
---
tubular
#24 Posted: 15:36:59 15/06/2015
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ZG...oductPromotions

Collectors edition with Pip Boy on pre order now
---
Carmelita Fox Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12076
#25 Posted: 15:48:38 15/06/2015
Fallout: The Sims Edition
#26 Posted: 01:33:37 16/06/2015
Quote: Carmelita Fox
Fallout: The Sims Edition

Basically. I cant wait to make my own settlemnet this game will be game of the year for sure.
---
StriderSwag Gold Sparx Gems: 2769
#27 Posted: 05:03:13 16/06/2015
I was on the fence until the Bethesda conference last night. Now I'm hooked.
BlinktheCookie Emerald Sparx Gems: 3556
#28 Posted: 21:37:10 24/06/2015
all that customization and settlement building looks AMAZING

i guess you could say
this game is rad

You're going to jail.

But yes, I'm ultra excited for the game and setting. I've already begun planning out my character.
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#29 Posted: 22:13:16 24/06/2015

[User Posted Image]

------
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
BlinktheCookie Emerald Sparx Gems: 3556
#30 Posted: 22:40:52 24/06/2015

One million years dungeon
#31 Posted: 18:20:33 25/06/2015
Quote: pankakesparx456
-Howard said that Fallout 4 is the biggest, most immersive open world the team has ever worked on.

[User Posted Image]

I've heard that before.
goldenrushducks Yellow Sparx Gems: 1572
#32 Posted: 19:27:14 24/07/2015
[User Posted Image]
Enough.
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#33 Posted: 02:09:32 10/11/2015
So freaking hype, going to Best Buy in 2 hours to get in line for the launch event!

LOOK AT THESE BEAUTIFUL PHONE WALLPAPERS IN 1080P
http://imgur.com/a/Wt9iz
---
words. letters. filler.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:16:15 10/11/2015 by TacoMakerSkys
Spyro Fanatic Hunter Gems: 12051
#34 Posted: 16:28:52 11/11/2015
What is it with Bethesda releasing their games when I have exams to study for?

---

I don't think I've ever said this before, but I love the Fallout series, even the Interplay ones. If I had a ridiculous amount of money, I'd have all the games on multiple platforms.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:30:56 11/11/2015 by Spyro Fanatic
#35 Posted: 18:48:04 12/11/2015
I'm probably about 20 hours in this game at the moment (PC version). The game is great, but I do have some problems with it.

I'm not spoiling any story events, just telling you guys what I think about the game itself.

--- All skills were removed and replaced with the Perk system. The same thing happened in Skyrim, and I think we can all agree that this is the stupidest ****. I don't get what they aim to accomplish by dumbing games down like this. Leveling up just seems like a wait-wall now, since you need certain perks to advance in crafting and adventuring.

- No option for any hardcore mode that I know of. There are different difficulty levels that kinda achieve the same effect, but you still don't have to eat/drink/sleep to stay alive.

--+ The world is very interesting and has a nice amount of variety, but it is very, very small. For comparison, I'd say it's about or less than 50% of the size of the world in Skyrim. The small size of the world creates an illusion that it is packed with content, though in reality I think it's got far less of that than any of Bethesda's older installments. This is an old trick of theirs, and I'm disappointed to see them use it yet again.

-++ The crafting system is great (especially weapon and armor modding), but the settlement system seems kinda out of place. I get the idea that they wanted you to be able to build and change the settlements of the Commonwealth as you see fit, but there's little to no point to it when you can only do it in predetermined locations. Those locations also have to be unlocked first by completing quests given to you by different factions, and most of the time setting up the smaller settlements feels like a chore.

+ The soundtrack is great.

+ Overall the game looks amazing obviously. Look at anything up close and you'll see a lot that could still be improved (I sure did, and I play on the highest settings), but it's not that big a problem.

+ I like the new system for power armor. It always bothered me how you wore it like any other apparel in the other games when it's actually more like a vehicle if anything. Fallout 4 fixes that issue perfectly. You get your first suit very early on in the game, which seemed kinda weird to me, but at first you can't really use it much due to lack of resources. Once you get near the higher levels you never want to take it off though, and there's more than one type of power armor available in the game, which keeps things interesting.

+++ The combat is amazing. For the first time Fallout actually feels like an actual shooter, as opposed to the clunky things that Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas were. Most opponents drop with a few shots from any firearm, and going for headshots is finally worth it. I find myself almost never using VATS, while in Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas that was all I ever used.

-+++ The story is amazing. For someone who enjoys delving into the lore of the series, this game offers a lot of new stuff to mull over. The motives of all the different characters feel very natural, and the intro makes the main character very easy to relate to. I find myself driven to complete the story quests very fast, and sometimes I actually have to tell myself to slow down so that I don't completely forget exploring and all the side quests.
And speaking of being driven, on the other hand the story can be very.. How would I say it?.. Invasive?
Wherever you go, the subject of the main character's main objective pops up. If you want to play this game without focusing on the story, you're going to have to ignore about 30%-50% of all the meaningful dialogue. The game also practically forces you to meet up with and tag along with different companions right from the start, and there are times when you just can't seem to get a break.

I'll talk about the story once I get it finished.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:51:59 12/11/2015 by Samius
#36 Posted: 14:30:19 23/11/2015
Did Bethesda take up so much time to just record all these names? Codsworth doesn't even have mine!

#37 Posted: 03:24:07 26/11/2015
i might be getting this Saturday for 68 dollars woo hoo!!!
---
#38 Posted: 10:45:08 26/11/2015
Okay, I finished the story a couple of days ago and have had some time to mull it over. Here are my thughts:

Warning! Major spoilers ahead!

Before you read further, you should probably know that I don't think Fallout 4 is a very good RPG. I have to give it to Bethesda, they did manage to create a story which was initially very interesting and gave the player an illusion of choice, but the more you play you start to realize how you little you really affect the flow of the guests and the story itself. The ending of the game, though I consider it a good ending story-wise, was a sort of an anticlimax as opposed to a highlight.

The "main points" of the story from the player's perspective go as follows:

- You wake up from cryo, and depart from the vault to go look for your kidnapped son.
The beginning of the story. Also a tutorial mission.

- After first arriving to Diamond City you learn about the Institute, the synths, and the dangers they pose to the Commonwealth. After asking around you are told to look for detective Nick Valentine.
The first major plot point. Comparable to visiting the Greybeards in Skyrim.

- You work with Nick Valentine to find the man who kidnapped your son.
A "quiet part" building up to the second major plot point. Virtually no choices are made by the player. The only possible differences from playthrough to playthrough are in minor details that don't affect the resolution of the quests.

- You find your son's kidnapper, kill him and learn that your son is located within the Institute. The Brotherhood of Steel appears and becomes a major faction.
The second major plot point. Story-wise can only end in a fight with you being the victor. You don't get to make any important choices.

- You work to find a way to infiltrate the institute.
The second "quiet part" of the story. Only way of doing this is through finding Vergil and searching for a courser chip.

- You manage to get yourself inside the Institute with the help of one of the available factions. The leader of the Institute is revealed to be your son, who is now an elderly man. The Institute becomes a major faction.
The third major plot point and arguably the first point at which you can either make a choice to oppose or support the Institute. Your choice of faction becomes relevant for the first time, but is not yet "locked" at this point.

- You work with the Institute (or against them), up to the point at which you are forced to choose a major faction to support.
The third "quiet moment" of the story building up to the ending.

- In a final battle spanning three quests, two of the three factions (your enemies) are destroyed and the main storyline comes to an end.
The ending, and also the point in which faction choices become irreversible. It is not possible to save either of the two factions, as they are all ideological enemies of one another.
It is also not possible to finish the story "on your own" in any other way than working for the Institute and then choosing to turn your back on them in the end when faced with a moral dilemma, similarly to what you can do to Mister House in Fallout: New Vegas, but without the plotting. This results in all three major factions being destroyed.

- The ending cutscene.
Always the same as far as I know. There is no reflection on your past actions in the game. The game continues after the cutscene.

---

There are three major factions in the game:
- The Railroad (apparently accessible from the second major plot point and onward. Might be accessible from the start).
- The Brotherhood of Steel (becomes accessible after the second major plot point).
- The Institute (becomes accessible after the third major plot point).

The Minutemen are an odd "minor" faction that don't effect the main storyline in any way, or at least they didn't during my playthrough. They can help you to get inside The Institute in the third plot point if you haven't chosen to support any of the major factions, but other than that the whole faction almost seems to serve as a "minigame" of a sort, supporting you with artillery stikes and occasionally calling you to action to defend many of the interactive workshop settlements around the Commonwealth. I'm not certain if it's even possible to become their enemy, though you can choose not to work for them and let them remain powerless.

---

I myself hold really controversial opinions on this story, because while I hate how it keeps steering you to a predetermined direction, I do think that it's effectively a good story. The fact that the ending is the same on every playthrough is infuriating, and the fact that they decided to add a big explosion --as if to make up for it-- on every possible ending (either The Institute nukes Boston, or has it's nuclear reactor blown up by BoS, RR or the player) just makes it worse.
I do like how the player was constantly treading on a morally gray area in the end of the story, and I thoroughly enjoyed it all on the first playthrough, but as I saw how it all came down in the end I began to see how little my choices mattered, and all replay value was completely thrown out the window. This isn't what an AAA-title that some people have the gall to call an "RPG" should bring on the table.

I had also hoped for different ways to complete the storyline other than following the guest arrows (like in FO3 you could find your father --and thus skip nearly half of the story-- by a stroke of luck, or by searching for clues outside of the guests) but unfortunately we didn't seem to get any. I have a bad feeling that I will never finish the main storyline of this game again, as I simply can't get exited about the same **** the second time.

It should also be mentioned that it took me a little over 28 hours to complete the story, though a lot of it was spent doing side guests and exploring. I'm certain that it could be completed in about 12 hours also.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:45:45 26/11/2015 by Samius
Bryman04 Gold Sparx Gems: 2116
#39 Posted: 16:39:21 26/11/2015
this is truly dissapointing, but maybe Bethesda can make it up with DLC if they haven't already. But I would like to explore through the game land when I buy it.
#40 Posted: 19:19:56 26/11/2015
Quote: Bryman04
this is truly dissapointing, but maybe Bethesda can make it up with DLC if they haven't already. But I would like to explore through the game land when I buy it.

I have a bad feeling that any DLC they choose to add in the future will simply add an another, smaller playable area, a short side story of some kind and some new equipment for the player to use. That's pretty much how they've handled all DLC's in the last few years.
I'm pretty sure that absolutely nothing is going to be done to the main storyline to make it seem less linear.
#41 Posted: 07:49:08 27/11/2015
Bethesda really ****ed up when they made "Mothership Zeta." I haven't liked any of their DLCs since Oblivion.

Anyways, this is apparently available in Forza 6:

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

Also, has anyone tried Nuka-Cola Quantum yet? It currently isn't available in Australia.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:43:21 29/11/2015 by Spyro Fanatic
#42 Posted: 03:46:14 04/12/2015
YESYESYES! I found the last PS4 PIP-Boy edition in the state! Possibly the whole country. I'm picking it up this afternoon. smilie

Excuse my double post, I couldn't contain myself.
SackBoy01 Gold Sparx Gems: 2327
#43 Posted: 06:24:42 04/12/2015
Pretty fun game (kind of easy though
power armour, minigun, and killing a deathclaw in one of the first missions). It was a surprise to see MacReady again though
Going to play it on survival next because Strong and I were killing deathclaws, radscorpions, and legendary enemies with melee weapons...
---
ded
#44 Posted: 16:58:03 04/12/2015
Quote: Spyro Fanatic
Bethesda really ****ed up when they made "Mothership Zeta." I haven't liked any of their DLCs since Oblivion.

Anyways, this is apparently available in Forza 6:

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

Also, has anyone tried Nuka-Cola Quantum yet? It currently isn't available in Australia.

Do you have Jones Soda there?

The Blue Soda that's berry flavored is all the Quantum is.
---
#45 Posted: 17:49:38 04/12/2015
If anyone wants to see specific photos of the PIP-Boy edition, I may post a few tomorrow.

Quote: OnionCakes
Do you have Jones Soda there?

The Blue Soda that's berry flavored is all the Quantum is.

Yes we do, but they can be pretty hard to find here.

Really? That's a letdown.
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#46 Posted: 23:33:09 09/06/2016
Fallout 4 Digital Deluxe Edition is free on the Xbox Store. GO GO GO! BUY IT NOW IF YOU WERE WAITING OUT!!

https://store.xbox.com/en-US/X...5c-2144e66f1b10

EDIT: They took it down almost immediately. Luckily I got it before they realized what happened. Guess I'll bring playing Fallout 4 this summer, guys!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:49:43 09/06/2016 by TheToyNerd
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me