Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > Nintendo NX touse Android, says reliable insider at Ninekki
Page 1 of 1
Nintendo NX touse Android, says reliable insider at Ninekki [CLOSED]
zer0dch Ripto Gems: 1916
#1 Posted: 07:15:04 01/06/2015 | Topic Creator
[url]www.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1055078[/url]

This is a megaton if true. Apparently this guy hasn't been wrong before and has close relations to Nintendo.

If this is true....this is big. Finally Nintendo is being smart.
Edited 5 times - Last edited at 07:36:11 01/06/2015 by zer0dch
#2 Posted: 07:33:14 01/06/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: Sesshomaru75
>neogaf

Iwata's already said that the NX is going to be a dedicated gaming platform anyways and none of the sources you give are ever "reliable".

I don't think you read the article.

Its worth mentioning right now that Iwata has been looking at iOS and Android for unity OS' ideas. The only way Nintendo can realisticly make a handheld and console running the same legacy OS is by going with Android.

For Nintendo to develop an all new multiplatform OS would cost them wat, way, way too much.
LunarDistortion Ripto Gems: 3606
#3 Posted: 20:25:07 03/06/2015
Nintendo says the NX won't use Android.
#4 Posted: 21:26:47 03/06/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: LunarDistortion

What else are they going to say?
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 8554
#5 Posted: 21:44:02 03/06/2015
Quote: zer0dch

Zer0, you know how closed-source Nintendo is? Also "insider" sources can be wrong. Remember that.
---
You gotta believe! Heh heh.
#6 Posted: 21:48:29 03/06/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: JCW555

Zer0, you know how closed-source Nintendo is? Also "insider" sources can be wrong. Remember that.

Yeah, which is exactly why they would say "no". A response such as "no comment" would build more speculation.

Nintendo has been looking at iOS and Android for a future unity OS between their home console and handheld. It would be smart to invest in Android.

Building a unified OS to work on their console and handheld from the ground up would be abysmal and cost a crap load of money.
#7 Posted: 22:06:21 03/06/2015

Yeah, which is exactly why they would say "no". A response such as "no comment" would build more speculation.

Nintendo has been looking at iOS and Android for a future unity OS between their home console and handheld. It would be smart to invest in Android.

Building a unified OS to work on their console and handheld from the ground up would be abysmal and cost a crap load of money.

(http://blogs.wsj.com/digits/20...ompany-says-no/)
'“There is no truth to the report saying that we are planning to adopt Android for NX,” a Nintendo spokesman said.'

I think that's a no.
---
#8 Posted: 22:10:34 03/06/2015 | Topic Creator

'“There is no truth to the report saying that we are planning to adopt Android for NX,” a Nintendo spokesman said.'

I think that's a no.

Did you even attempt to read my post? What other response would they give? "No comment" is the only other logical response they would give, however, it would build more speculation. So of course they said no.

Look at Iwata's comments about iOS and Android.
#9 Posted: 22:13:25 03/06/2015

I think that's a no.

Did you even attempt to read my post? What other response would they give? "No comment" is the only other logical response they would give, however, it would build more speculation. So of course they said no.

He may be interested in iOS/Andriod, but a spokeman denied the "insider" reports, saying that the NX won't adopt it. I don't get how it's a hard concept.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:16:25 03/06/2015 by JCW555
#10 Posted: 22:17:56 03/06/2015 | Topic Creator

I think that's a no.

He may be interested in iOS/Andriod, but a spokeman denied the "insider" reports, saying that the NX won't adopt it. I don't get how it's a hard concept.

A Spokesman said that? What else would they say?

Seriously. What else would they say?

It's not far fetched at all for Nintendo to grasp onto Android.
#11 Posted: 22:21:23 03/06/2015

It's also not so far fetched that the "insider" source is wrong. Can't just be a one way street.
---
#12 Posted: 22:23:14 03/06/2015 | Topic Creator

It's also not so far fetched that the "insider" source is wrong. Can't just be a one way street.

Would you be upset if Nintendo adopted Android or something?

Can you answer my question? What else would Nintendo have to say? What else would they say beside "no"?
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#13 Posted: 22:25:07 03/06/2015
Nintendo and Android are not having a kid, let your OTP die already. ¬.¬
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
#14 Posted: 22:26:55 03/06/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: sonicbrawler182
Nintendo and Android are not having a kid, let your OTP die already. ¬.¬

It's very possible for Nintendo to adopt android.

Quote:
"let your OTP die already"

as soon as yours with rosalina ends k
#15 Posted: 22:29:02 03/06/2015

Can you answer my question? What else would Nintendo have to say? What else would they say beside "no"?

No it wouldn't.

Nintendo denied that they're using Andriod. I don't know what your getting at here. They said no. You can't manufacture something to say that yes, Nintendo is using Andriod if they've denied it.

I'm done arguing about it. They've denied it. Move on.
---
#16 Posted: 22:31:33 03/06/2015 | Topic Creator

No it wouldn't.

Nintendo denied that they're using Andriod. I don't know what your getting at here. They said no. You can't manufacture something to say that yes, Nintendo is using Andriod if they've denied it.

Similar to how Nintendo denied smartphone game rumors? How did those turn up again? Oh yeah, they're true.

Nintendo wouldn't say "yes" or "no comment" or "maybe". All they would say is "no".
#17 Posted: 22:39:42 03/06/2015

No it wouldn't.

Similar to how Nintendo denied smartphone game rumors? How did those turn up again? Oh yeah, they're true.

Nintendo wouldn't say "yes" or "no comment" or "maybe". All they would say is "no".

Smartphone Game Rumours

Denies them Jan 28th (http://kotaku.com/nintendo-den...mors-1510618998)

Says they'll develop them (http://www.macrumors.com/2015/...hone-ipad-dena/)

"Nintendo consistently refused to license its intellectual property to other platforms, fearing that doing so may threaten its traditional, console-based business model. Nevertheless, as the mobile gaming industry has grown into an estimated $25 billion market, and competitors such as Sony begin making more games available on other consoles, it appears that Nintendo has caved into the pressure."

They did so after a changing market. Andriod consoles have historically failed.
---
#18 Posted: 22:40:59 03/06/2015 | Topic Creator

No it wouldn't.

Smartphone Game Rumours

"Nintendo consistently refused to license its intellectual property to other platforms, fearing that doing so may threaten its traditional, console-based business model. Nevertheless, as the mobile gaming industry has grown into an estimated $25 billion market, and competitors such as Sony begin making more games available on other consoles, it appears that Nintendo has caved into the pressure."

It's not going to be an Android console similar to Ouya. Nintendo themselves are smarter than that.

I'm not sure you understand what Nintendo's intentions would be if they did develop their unified OS around Android. I'm not trying to be rude here, but can you explain to me what you think Nintendo would do if they did adopt Android?
#19 Posted: 22:44:33 03/06/2015
Quote:

You still think comments on a fictional character I like "burn" me, and in anyway substantiate your arguments made in this (or any) thread?

Needy child.
---
#20 Posted: 22:46:11 03/06/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote:

You still think comments on a fictional character I like "burn" me, and in anyway substantiate your arguments made in this (or any) thread?

Needy child.

No, I'm not trying to burn you.

users have pointed out before me that your obsession and points for rosalina being a strong character are fallacious.

its also kind of creepy.
#21 Posted: 22:46:25 03/06/2015

Smartphone Game Rumours

It's not going to be an Android console similar to Ouya. Nintendo themselves are smarter than that.

I'm not sure you understand what Nintendo's intentions would be if they did develop their unified OS around Android. I'm not trying to be rude here, but can you explain to me what you think Nintendo would do if they did adopt Android?

If Nintendo did adopt Andriod, piracy would run rampant (due to the open platform that is owned by their competition, Microsoft). They could close it down, but that defeats the purpose of the Andriod platform (to be open). I don't see where Nintendo has anything to gain by it.
---
#22 Posted: 22:48:57 03/06/2015 | Topic Creator

Smartphone Game Rumours

If Nintendo did adopt Andriod, piracy would run rampant (due to the open platform that is owned by their competition, Microsoft). They could close it down, but that defeats the purpose of the Andriod platform (to be open). I don't see where Nintendo has anything to gain by it.

Piracy is not an issue that is going to go away, unfortunately. Nintendo could definitely lock down their custom version of Android similar to whatever schemes Samsung uses.

Nintendo's intentions with Android if they were to develop with it probably wouldn't be because its open, more so that they don't have to invest in the development of making a unified os
#23 Posted: 22:50:28 03/06/2015
Quote:

Needy child.

users have pointed out before me that your obsession and points for rosalina being a strong character are fallacious.

its also kind of creepy.

[User Posted Image]

I'm pretty sure that definition doesn't describe my thoughts on ANYTHING. Might fit your thoughts on Bloodborne though.

And nobody pointed out my points were fallacious, because they weren't. Pretty sure everyone stepped down if not outright agreed with me. My initial point there wasn't even about whether or not she's a "strong" character, because I don't think anyone would contest that point in their right mind.
---
ThroneOfMalefor Platinum Sparx Gems: 5402
#24 Posted: 22:54:06 03/06/2015
andriod
---
BREATHE AIR.
#25 Posted: 22:54:12 03/06/2015 | Topic Creator

Needy child.

its also kind of creepy.

[User Posted Image]

I'm pretty sure that definition doesn't describe my thoughts on ANYTHING. Might fit your thoughts on Bloodborne though.

And nobody pointed out my points were fallacious, because they weren't. Pretty sure everyone stepped down if not outright agreed with me. My initial point there wasn't even about whether or not she's a "strong" character, because I don't think anyone would contest that point in their right mind.

Yeah, I'm obsessed with the FromSoftware games. However, I'm not sporting an avatar and posting rosalina plushes and giving off weak points towards rosalina being a good female/strong character. those were fallacious.

the only person who seemed to agree with you on a lesser level was Dark_Cynder
#26 Posted: 23:00:29 03/06/2015
Quote:
However, I'm not sporting an avatar

A point like this is how you know someone is a tryhard/an idiot. By your logic, I guess you're obsessed with the generic kawaii no desu animu waifu in your avatar?

Quote:
posting rosalina plushes

So does this mean I'm obsessed with Tails, Knuckles with one leg, and snow leopards? These are all plushies I have fond memories of and have owned for a while.

Quote:
giving off weak points towards rosalina being a good female/strong character. those were fallacious.

You've made your point. Now explain and provide examples. 'Tis the basis of forming a solid argument. Unless you're a hypocrite.

Quote:

That's not what people who've spoken to me have said.

The only one making fallacious points here is you, and they are about me, and the involvement Android has with the NX.

Stop arguing when you've already been proven wrong with a straight up denial - on both fronts.
---
#27 Posted: 23:03:52 03/06/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote:
However, I'm not sporting an avatar

A point like this is how you know someone is a tryhard/an idiot. By your logic, I guess you're obsessed with the generic kawaii no desu animu waifu in your avatar?

Quote:
posting rosalina plushes

So does this mean I'm obsessed with Tails, Knuckles with one leg, and snow leopards? These are all plushies I have fond memories of and have owned for a while.

Quote:
giving off weak points towards rosalina being a good female/strong character. those were fallacious.

You've made your point. Now explain and provide examples. 'Tis the basis of forming a solid argument. Unless you're a hypocrite.

Quote:

That's not what people who've spoken to me have said.

The only one making fallacious points here is you, and they are about me, and the involvement Android has with the NX.

Stop arguing when you've already been proven wrong with a straight up denial - on both fronts.

yo, i'm not the one in denial if i'm sporting a rosalina avatar and trying to defend weak points lol
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#28 Posted: 23:08:58 03/06/2015
JUST CLOSE THE ****ING TOPIC.
---
words. letters. filler.
#29 Posted: 23:11:48 03/06/2015 | Topic Creator
about to close, gotta wait 10 mins
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me