Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Metallo is reading TFIOS [CLOSED]
Metallo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6419
#1 Posted: 19:45:39 29/05/2015 | Topic Creator
Yes, yes, I'm such a manly man, I know.

As Gus did with An Imperial Affliction, I shall withhold judgment until I finish.
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#2 Posted: 20:05:13 29/05/2015
That overrated pile of trash, where John Green made a self insert character. This self insert fell in love with a 16 year old annoying-as-**** hipster. This annoying-as-**** hipster is sooo smart, she goes to college level classes!!11 Which is mentioned every single time the topic comes up. Then there's the self insert, who was a sports super star, and doesn't fail to mention that either.

John Green is a terrible author, and really should just stick to doing vlogs and not writing trash.

(Yes, I hate this book, and it has a very predictable ending IMO.)
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
#3 Posted: 20:08:49 29/05/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: parisruelz12
That overrated pile of trash, where John Green made a self insert character. This self insert fell in love with a 16 year old annoying-as-**** hipster. This annoying-as-**** hipster is sooo smart, she goes to college level classes!!11 Which is mentioned every single time the topic comes up. Then there's the self insert, who was a sports super star, and doesn't fail to mention that either.

John Green is a terrible author, and really should just stick to doing vlogs and not writing trash.

I wouldn't go that far.

My only complaint is that the relationship seems far too idyllic (of course, I haven't gotten that far yet).
#4 Posted: 20:12:01 29/05/2015
Finish it.

Then tell me that I'm not going to far.
---
spyrolvr96 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1214
#5 Posted: 20:15:54 29/05/2015
Eh. I thought it was alright.

Also, am I the only one who thinks The Fault in Our Stars would be a kickass name for a spaceship? Y'know, like Pillar of Autumn and Forward Unto Dawn in Halo.
---
The thing I never really wrapped my brain around until now was in order to be remembered, in order to leave something significant behind, you have to leave
StriderSwag Gold Sparx Gems: 2769
#6 Posted: 20:16:05 29/05/2015

oh my god are you ****ing kidding me
Why does everyone INSTANTLY start hating things for absolutely no reason at all once it gets popular? (i.e. TFIOS, Marvel, Apple, Smash Bros, ect.)

It was an alright book, I seriously have no idea why everyone (especially on tumblr) thinks it's "trash".
It's not the best book out there, but it's certainly better than most.
#7 Posted: 20:20:43 29/05/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: StriderSwag

Why does everyone INSTANTLY start hating things for absolutely no reason at all once it gets popular? (i.e. TFIOS, Marvel, Apple, Smash Bros, ect.)

It was an alright book, I seriously have no idea why everyone (especially on tumblr) thinks it's "trash".

Well, it's sort of a given that social outcasts typically oppose the cultural norm so that they feel validated in their solitude.
Wreckingball13 Gold Sparx Gems: 2583
#8 Posted: 20:21:49 29/05/2015

People hate Smash?
#9 Posted: 20:23:21 29/05/2015

I found it stupid when it first released.

If you want an answer, it's because tumblr is filled with hipsters.
---
#10 Posted: 20:25:32 29/05/2015
Quote: Wreckingball13

People hate Smash?

For some reason, most older Smash players hate everything past Melee.
Wreckingball13 Gold Sparx Gems: 2583
#11 Posted: 20:26:38 29/05/2015

People hate Smash?

I hate people with that mindset.
#12 Posted: 20:34:18 29/05/2015

I found it stupid when it first released.

If you want an answer, it's because tumblr is filled with hipsters.

Point taken.

People hate Smash?

I hate people with that mindset.

Agreed.
#13 Posted: 17:27:36 30/05/2015 | Topic Creator
Haven't finished yet, but

I've gotten to the part where Gus dies.

My opinion from earlier stands.
AvatariDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 6085
#14 Posted: 17:37:11 30/05/2015
I really liked it and finished it in less than a day, and I don't even like romance stories. Then again, it isn't just a romance story, is it? It kinda is, but at the same time it isn't.
They did a good job on the movie too imo
---
♥ May 23, 2011 ♥
#15 Posted: 23:51:23 30/05/2015
^I agree completely
---
♥ May 23, 2011 ♥
#16 Posted: 00:41:32 31/05/2015 | Topic Creator
Okay guys, I finished it.

It's a beautiful book. I loved it.

Still, it would've been better if Hazel and Gus had faced a personal problem between themselves at some point.......The relationship was too perfect, too fairy tale.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:42:02 31/05/2015 by Metallo
#17 Posted: 02:47:26 31/05/2015
Yay!!

I've ever only read that one book from him, but I think that's how John Green is. Plus they both suffered from cancer so I suppose that was the big problem they had to face instead of dealing with arguments or something.
---
♥ May 23, 2011 ♥
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me