Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
I Hate Summer [CLOSED]
spyrolvr96 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1214
#1 Posted: 00:27:15 28/05/2015 | Topic Creator
Whoever invented it needs to be burned alive so that he/she can feel the pain that he/she has caused.

Every time I go outside I feel like I'm in Raiders of the Lost Ark.

Artist depiction:
[User Posted Image]
---
The thing I never really wrapped my brain around until now was in order to be remembered, in order to leave something significant behind, you have to leave
spyro and sonic Diamond Sparx Gems: 8325
#2 Posted: 00:28:08 28/05/2015
Winter is the best season.
StriderSwag Gold Sparx Gems: 2769
#3 Posted: 00:28:48 28/05/2015
Quote: spyrolvr96
Whoever invented it needs to be burned alive so that he/she can feel the pain that he/she has caused.

Artist depiction:
[User Posted Image]

I'm guessing you like in the Southwest.
In which case I agree.

If you live in Seattle or something and you're complaining that it's 70 degrees tho you're a baby
#4 Posted: 00:29:49 28/05/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: StriderSwag
In which case I agree.

If you live in Seattle or something and you're complaining that it's 70 degrees tho you're a baby

Wisconsin.

And excuse me for never having been good with heat.
---
The thing I never really wrapped my brain around until now was in order to be remembered, in order to leave something significant behind, you have to leave
Greeble Emerald Sparx Gems: 4276
#5 Posted: 08:38:05 28/05/2015

Artist depiction:
[User Posted Image]

My bad...
---
^ You all know it's true
Philomena Blue Sparx Gems: 959
#6 Posted: 13:11:41 28/05/2015
Shut up Francis.

---
Don't worry, I'm a qualified Reactor Operator. I can handle this situation.
Metallo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6419
#7 Posted: 13:21:05 28/05/2015
Yes, because you're all a bunch of antisocial losers who dwell in caves and are afraid of virtually everything that isn't on your computer screen -

I mean, yes, that's because you're introverts. And being introverted is okay. Right? Did I do good, guys?
huge dotd freak Emerald Sparx Gems: 3354
#8 Posted: 13:23:01 28/05/2015
Yeah, well, summer hates you, too.

Jk
---
Do you not like my mouth words?
#9 Posted: 14:20:19 28/05/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: Metallo
Yes, because you're all a bunch of antisocial losers who dwell in caves and are afraid of virtually everything that isn't on your computer screen -

I mean, yes, that's because you're introverts. And being introverted is okay. Right? Did I do good, guys?

Not liking heat =/= not liking to go outside.

I love going outside in other seasons. I just start to feel ill if it gets too hot for me.
---
#10 Posted: 14:38:47 28/05/2015

Me introverted?

That'll be the day.
---
^ You all know it's true
#11 Posted: 14:40:28 28/05/2015
Quote: StriderSwag
In which case I agree.

Wisconsin.

And excuse me for never having been good with heat.

Nah, Wisconsin can get pretty hot. Most of the midwest can. You're good.
Iblistech Platinum Sparx Gems: 5099
#12 Posted: 23:30:10 28/05/2015
I don't mind the summer heat. I am a June baby after all. smilie
---
Hail to the King, baby!
awesomerockets Emerald Sparx Gems: 4136
#13 Posted: 23:49:13 28/05/2015
I don't like summer because honestly I don't want school to end. I enjoy seeing my friends everyday and always having something to do. Summer is gonna be super boring and brutal.
---
go to my guestbook now and sign a petition to get Freddie benson into smash
MoonHorizons Gold Sparx Gems: 2826
#14 Posted: 23:55:24 28/05/2015
lol wisconsin.

tell me what hot summer is when you've experienced both the nevada and florida summer.
---
the more obscure your favorite cartoons are, the more refined your taste is
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8264
#15 Posted: 00:01:38 29/05/2015
As a Summer born, I love it! Granted, it can get too hot I know that.

I love sunny weather! With lots of sky with a good amount of clouds, it's amazing!

LOOK HOW BEAUTIFUL!

[User Posted Image]
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#16 Posted: 00:01:46 29/05/2015
Quote: MoonHorizons
lol wisconsin.

tell me what hot summer is when you've experienced both the nevada and florida summer.

And Georgia. Georgia's hot as hell, too.
#17 Posted: 00:07:57 29/05/2015
lol wisconsin.

basically anywhere in a desert or near the equator or ocean will turn you into street jello.
---
#18 Posted: 00:10:35 29/05/2015
lol wisconsin.

basically anywhere in a desert or near the equator or ocean will turn you into street jello.

Yeah, but in Georgia, Florida, and the Carolinas you can go to the beach.

In Nevada, New Mexico and Airzona, you're screwed.
huge dotd freak Emerald Sparx Gems: 3354
#19 Posted: 00:15:40 29/05/2015

Yeah, but in Georgia, Florida, and the Carolinas you can go to the beach.

In Nevada, New Mexico and Airzona, you're screwed.

Florida, Nevada, and Georgia are the worst with heat (lived all o them)
---
Do you not like my mouth words?
#20 Posted: 00:17:35 29/05/2015 | Topic Creator
lol wisconsin.

I've been to Florida and San Diego for weeks in the middle of summer. That doesn't change the fact that it's too hot here.
---
#21 Posted: 00:18:52 29/05/2015
lol wisconsin.

I've been to Florida and San Diego for weeks in the middle of summer. That doesn't change the fact that it's too hot here.

what about spending the entirety of the summer there?

you at least have a beach to visit in florida like metallo said.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:20:24 29/05/2015 by MoonHorizons
CommanderGame Emerald Sparx Gems: 3610
#22 Posted: 01:16:52 29/05/2015
um ***** I'll enjoy my month of summer thanks
shroom boom Emerald Sparx Gems: 3133
#23 Posted: 01:36:52 29/05/2015
i live in australia it's practically a dessert here, get on my level noob.
---
103 skylanders in total SSA:31/32 SG:26/30 SSF:39/56
Big Green Platinum Sparx Gems: 6345
#24 Posted: 01:52:50 29/05/2015
[User Posted Image]
-----
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:52:50 29/05/2015 by Big Green
darkwolf Platinum Sparx Gems: 7128
#25 Posted: 02:21:21 29/05/2015
Summer's my favorite season...

Even though it can get hot as hell during the day, it's better than freezing during the winter.
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#26 Posted: 02:22:41 29/05/2015
HIR's List O' Reasons Why He Thinks Summer is Miserable:

1. Sweltering heat along with high levels of humidity make for uncomfortable temperatures. If it gets cold in the winter, big deal, you put on more layers. If it's 85+ degrees, there are only so many layers I can take off before I get arrested. And for all of you saying, "BUT HIR, Y U NO USE AIR CONDITIONING?" SHADDUP! AC is ****ing expensive and you kids will all learn that one day when you pay your own bills.

2. The warm conditions and high humidity invite a number of nasty critters (parasites and bugs) back that wouldn't survive winter's frigid conditions. Some of them can be deadly (black widow, brown recluse, etc).

3. Risk of heat exhaustion and/or heat stroke on particularly bad days. These are serious medical emergencies akin to frostbite and hypothermia. Those of us with medical conditions affecting our metabolisms are at increased risk of experiencing these.

4. THUNDERSTORMS. Terrible, panic-inducing acts of nature. For reference, when I was a young lad, a bolt of lightning struck a tree in my backyard and burned it to the ground in front of my eyes. Now I'm absolutely terrified of these storms. And the heat and humidity brought on by summer, coupled with climate change, means these are becoming practically daily occurrences. Oh, did I forget to mention they bring flash floods?

5. HURRICANE SEASON. Take item #4 and ratchet up the intensity to the point of potentially causing millions of dollars in damages and killing people. And, again, thanks to shifting climates, these are becoming more frequent.

6. Tourists. I live near cities. It's bad enough navigating them on a normal day. Now add giant waves of people vacationing there. It's quite obnoxious and makes my daily activities more frustrating.

7. The Myth of Summer Break. Here's the big conclusion. You kids are all young and see summer as this "Magical time when I'm free from school and get to relax!" That's all well and good now. But once you're an adult, summer just means you'll be doing the exact same ****ing job you do the rest of the year, only now you'll have to contend with most (if not all) of the complaints I've mentioned above. Hell, if your job is tied to tourism in some way, be prepared to have to work HARDER and LONGER in the summer.

tl;dr: Summer is quite lousy. And the fact that it's getting longer thanks to shifting climates is a VERY BAD THING.

Of course, if you happen to like summer, more power to you. I just hope you won't mind me "volunteering" you for SpaceX's mission to Mars. ;>.>
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Project_Unnamed Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10230
#27 Posted: 02:35:11 29/05/2015
Summer is just a necessary evil to be endured before my favourite season, autumn, begins. I sometimes like the warm and sun but in recent years the weather has been too hot in summer and I prefer darkness over sunlight. And here in Northern Europe the sunlight just keeps going on until early August.

I really think that around here the glorification of summer is just the result of pretentiously positive media that wants people to be fake-happy all the time. This little nation wants to be internationally hip and cool so we try to pretend we like the beach weathers but all in all this country loves average moderation in every aspect of everything. So autumn is the best choice for every human-being.
---
I might give you more opinions... for a small fee of course.
#28 Posted: 02:37:09 29/05/2015
^But don't you see, with the shifting global climates, spring and autumn are starting to disappears as summer expands.

Clearly, this is an elaborate plan by the media to brainwash us using the "feel-good vibes" associated with summer. I AIN'T BUYING IN, YA HIPPIES! <.<
---
#29 Posted: 02:41:45 29/05/2015
Quote: HIR
^But don't you see, with the shifting global climates, spring and autumn are starting to disappears as summer expands.

Clearly, this is an elaborate plan by the media to brainwash us using the "feel-good vibes" associated with summer. I AIN'T BUYING IN, YA HIPPIES! <.<

Yes… this evolution of weather will eventually prove to be my personal downfall. So I must try to be more of a winter guy but even around here snowy and cold winters are becoming statistically more unlikely by the year, even though I live in northern Europe for crying out loud, so what should I do? I just do not like summer at all… too hot and all that stuff… only positive thing is that roads are not slippery etc. even though in my home town constant street constructions are happening on 24/7 basis In summertime.
---
Wreckingball13 Gold Sparx Gems: 2583
#30 Posted: 02:45:14 29/05/2015
Quote: Big Green
[User Posted Image]
-----

They should have killed off Phineas
#31 Posted: 02:45:53 29/05/2015
Quote: Project_Unnamed

Yes… this evolution of weather will eventually prove to be my personal downfall. So I must try to be more of a winter guy but even around here snowy and cold winters are becoming statistically more unlikely by the year, even though I live in northern Europe for crying out loud, so what should I do? I just do not like summer at all… too hot and all that stuff… only positive thing is that roads are not slippery etc. even though in my home town constant street constructions are happening on 24/7 basis In summertime.

It's quite simple. We take ALL the people who like summer... and PUSH them to another planet. Since that will eliminate at least 67% of the world's population, we'll successfully reduce greenhouse gas emissions to a point low enough to halt climate change and save the other seasons!
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:46:19 29/05/2015 by HIR
#32 Posted: 02:47:30 29/05/2015
Quote: Project_Unnamed

It's quite simple. We take ALL the people who like summer... and PUSH them to another planet. Since that will eliminate at least 67% of the world's population, we'll successfully reduce greenhouse gas emissions to a point low enough to halt climate change and save the other seasons!

Sounds cruel and highly uncaring so I am with that plan… someday… someday… *rubs hand together in dastardly manner*…
---
Philomena Blue Sparx Gems: 959
#33 Posted: 03:06:14 29/05/2015
We need to stop dumb people from having kids. Dumb people tend to make the most people overall and us ethical smart people keep on keeping the dumb people alive.
---
Don't worry, I'm a qualified Reactor Operator. I can handle this situation.
#34 Posted: 03:07:08 29/05/2015
Quote: Philomena
We need to stop dumb people from having kids. Dumb people tend to make the most people overall and us ethical smart people keep on keeping the dumb people alive.

Elitist much?
SPCR Red Sparx Gems: 95
#35 Posted: 03:20:44 29/05/2015
I don't think summer bothers me at all, I enjoyed it when I was 3, and that season might be the perfect time for me to order more Spyro franchise. I already have a Spyro plush with a small-scaled guitar strapped onto him. And next is the Spyro costume that I'm getting, and start making guitar covers while wearing that costume.

Back on topic. In Memphis (TN), sometimes the record high is usually around 105 degrees Fahrenheit, and I would like it to be around 100. What happened in Memphis just recently, BB King died because he got old...i think.

R.I.P. BB King.

Sorry for staying off-topic.
LunarDistortion Ripto Gems: 3606
#36 Posted: 03:24:51 29/05/2015
Woah, I haven't seen so much summer hate in one place. I really like Summer.

I live in Florida, so I'm used to being constantly burned alive. Plus, it's just kinda relaxing.

I do like Fall and Winter a lot though, the only season I hate is Spring. Spring sucks.
#37 Posted: 03:27:54 29/05/2015
^Allergies?
---
Iblistech Platinum Sparx Gems: 5099
#38 Posted: 03:29:22 29/05/2015
^Allergies?

I have allergies, but I love Spring.
---
Hail to the King, baby!
LunarDistortion Ripto Gems: 3606
#39 Posted: 03:42:34 29/05/2015
^Allergies?

Allergies, bugs, and nothing interesting happening in that time period to make up for it.
AvatariDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 6085
#40 Posted: 04:10:57 29/05/2015
I feel sick if I get overheated, and along with the humidity it tends to cause me pain. Allergies give me problems too sometimes. Plus my dad has to work in that all day so he usually comes home totally exhausted. Summer is nice for vacation time but that's about it; fall is better.
---
♥ May 23, 2011 ♥
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:12:18 29/05/2015 by AvatariDragon
zer0dch Ripto Gems: 1916
#41 Posted: 04:28:15 29/05/2015
Summer sucks. Winter is better.

Fact.
#42 Posted: 04:29:56 29/05/2015

NO CHILL
Rendar Platinum Sparx Gems: 6483
#43 Posted: 04:32:12 29/05/2015
Quote: Big Green
[User Posted Image]
-----

[User Posted Image]
-----
#44 Posted: 04:33:11 29/05/2015

if you are so smart why do u like MLP
valskeletor Yellow Sparx Gems: 1155
#45 Posted: 04:34:48 29/05/2015

we just went from weather preferences to eugenics way too fast
---
tubular
#46 Posted: 04:34:56 29/05/2015
who the **** made my picture of sad phineas tiny
SPCR Red Sparx Gems: 95
#47 Posted: 06:22:10 29/05/2015
Bad news: BB King just past away. w/o him, Memphis won't be the same.
#48 Posted: 08:11:05 29/05/2015
Quote: SPCR
Bad news: BB King just past away. w/o him, Memphis won't be the same.

That's sad news but it has nothing to do with the topic.

On topic, i'm a Winter child so i hate the Summer with a vengeance.

We have an ongoing thing.
---
^ You all know it's true
Angel220200 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4401
#49 Posted: 09:29:24 29/05/2015
Personally, I really like summer but I absolutely despise the heat. Warm is good, and hot conditions with cold winds are fine - but every time it gets hot here we get extreme humidity, too. And the worse days are when we get above 85% humidity on days that aren't even hot - for example, around 16 degrees. (celsius)

Thankfully, however, here in Australia we're currently approaching winter. (Which still isn't all that great, mind you, considering it looks like it's going to be one of the coldest we've ever had. :/)
---
Judge not, and you will not be judged; condemn not, and you will not be condemned; forgive, and you will be forgiven; give, and it will be given to you.
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me