Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
Immediate turn offs? [CLOSED]
Mesuxelf Ripto Gems: 3666
#1 Posted: 00:05:29 26/05/2015 | Topic Creator
I don't have that many, but mostly drugs and people who obsessively party, or get blackout drunk all the time.
spyro and sonic Diamond Sparx Gems: 8325
#2 Posted: 00:06:12 26/05/2015
people who smell bad
long hair on guys, I'm just not a fan
tattoos over like, the whole body. Anything short of that I'm okay with.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 04:42:33 26/05/2015 by spyro and sonic
MoonHorizons Gold Sparx Gems: 2826
#3 Posted: 00:06:55 26/05/2015
tattoos that are excessive.

aka they cover literally almost the entire body.
---
the more obscure your favorite cartoons are, the more refined your taste is
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8508
#4 Posted: 00:07:26 26/05/2015
Smelling bad.
AvatariDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 6085
#5 Posted: 00:15:48 26/05/2015
Smoker/Does drugs
Drinks/Parties a lot
Has had a lot of partners
Hates animals
Excessive or inappropriate tattoos
Peircings
Long hair
Smells bad
Immaturity
Stupidity
Rudeness/Abusive
Self-absorbed
Possessive/Obsessive/Clingy/Overly jealous

That's all I can think of right now. There's probably more though...
---
♥ May 23, 2011 ♥
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 01:07:47 26/05/2015 by AvatariDragon
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#6 Posted: 00:18:19 26/05/2015
I guess I don't like the excessive need to party and get drunk and smoke really. Aside from the stench and overall physical and personality repercussions it can cause, I think it's a sign of someone who really isn't happy with themselves and is constantly looking to run away from their problems. It's a sorry state to be in.

None of these things are a problem in moderation though.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
ViceEmargo Green Sparx Gems: 373
#7 Posted: 00:18:41 26/05/2015
"I'm a fox trapped in a human body!"
---
"A closed mouth gathers no foot." - Confucius
#8 Posted: 00:18:45 26/05/2015 | Topic Creator
Smoking is also a huge turn off.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:23:30 26/05/2015 by Mesuxelf
DummyZ Gold Sparx Gems: 2844
#9 Posted: 00:25:55 26/05/2015
It all depends.

A person can party a lot and be a resposible person. A person who likes to smoke can do it moderately. A person can be a bit rude or harsh but they can control it so nobody gets hurt or offended.

We just gotta accept ourselves. I can understand some people abusing things that can result in potential turn offs, but that doesn't mean everyone is exactly like that.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:26:48 26/05/2015 by DummyZ
gillgrunt987 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7418
#10 Posted: 00:44:07 26/05/2015
People acting like douchebags consistently, especially when there's no reason to.
People who smoke.
People ignoring you for no reason.
---
I can survive scalding hot coffee and being whipped for 24 hours a day. Digestive biscuits or riot.
kardonis Platinum Sparx Gems: 6366
#11 Posted: 01:04:11 26/05/2015
Pacifism

Drug use

people who make it their job to treat others like ****

people who think they're "special" and entitled to stuff
---
I used to be THE Bowser, now I'm just an awkward girl
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8264
#12 Posted: 01:20:18 26/05/2015
Vegetarians.

Cat People.

Egos.

Judgmental.

Accepting of who I am.

Just a few of many. Especially the first two.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Wreckingball13 Gold Sparx Gems: 2583
#13 Posted: 01:28:54 26/05/2015
People who don't like Star Wars.
xXBeavcoonXx Gold Sparx Gems: 2628
#14 Posted: 01:34:32 26/05/2015
Those sad dog commercials

Wait we're talking about people
---
now its time to get funky
spyrolvr96 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1214
#15 Posted: 01:48:12 26/05/2015
People who aren't attracted to males.
---
The thing I never really wrapped my brain around until now was in order to be remembered, in order to leave something significant behind, you have to leave
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#16 Posted: 02:19:56 26/05/2015
Smokers
Drug users
Vegetarians
Goths
Piercings
Pokemon Gen Wunners (I don't care if your a gamer girl, my favorite pokemon of all time is gen 4 and I love all gens equally. A true fan wouldn't hate the non-gen 1 pokemon)
Overall gloomy people who don't ever smile
Psychopaths
Alcoholics (You can get a little drunk every once in a while, but every other day is a bit much)
Satanists

Can't think of anything else at the moment
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
shroom boom Emerald Sparx Gems: 3133
#17 Posted: 02:34:10 26/05/2015
face piercings, tattoos, smoking, drunk drinking, abusive mentally and physically and people who wear socks with crocks.
---
103 skylanders in total SSA:31/32 SG:26/30 SSF:39/56
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8508
#18 Posted: 02:43:59 26/05/2015
Quote: Windumup
Smokers
Drug users
Vegetarians
Goths
Piercings
Pokemon Gen Wunners (I don't care if your a gamer girl, my favorite pokemon of all time is gen 4 and I love all gens equally. A true fan wouldn't hate the non-gen 1 pokemon)
Overall gloomy people who don't ever smile
Psychopaths
Alcoholics (You can get a little drunk every once in a while, but every other day is a bit much)
Satanists

Can't think of anything else at the moment

What's wrong with earrings?
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#19 Posted: 03:18:28 26/05/2015
Smoking/drug use and big-time partiers are the realistic turn offs. >.>
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
arceustheprime Ripto Gems: 5362
#20 Posted: 04:01:14 26/05/2015
Quote: HIR
Smoking/drug use and big-time partiers are the realistic turn offs. >.>

this
man you guys really dont like vegetarians
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6093
#21 Posted: 04:15:12 26/05/2015
smoking
heavy drinking
being a general asshole
gauged piercings
bigots who are racist and/or against gays
hating video-games/anime (Seriously, liking these is pretty much a requirement for me to date you)
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
ThroneOfMalefor Platinum Sparx Gems: 5415
#22 Posted: 04:17:23 26/05/2015
bald people
drug users
tattoos, even 1
overly religious and/or someone too conscious of another's religion (windump)
swag***s
mid to high profile flamboyancy
morbid obesity, meaning over 100 or so pounds more than you should be for someone your age (this one depends on the situation, if you're very obese "just because" and you don't make any progress to fix that, that just screams "i don't take care of myself")
people who try too hard to please, assertiveness is a must
people with extremely low self esteem AND continuously reinforcing it (i will be glad to help with that, then maybe we can d8 xddddd)
unhygienic (needs to shower, look tidy, cough or sneeze into the bend of their elbow/paper and NOT their hands, cannot touch food they did not prepare or will not eat, must wash their hands after using the bathroom)
long nails
chewing with mouth open
popping of gum
---
BREATHE AIR.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:17:52 26/05/2015 by ThroneOfMalefor
DragonCamo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6632
#23 Posted: 04:20:41 26/05/2015
Honestly, i can deal with a lot of thing. The only things that can REALLY turn me completely off of a person is if they are:
1. douchy to me (i don't care if they're douche to other people though, as long as i'm special ^.^b )
2. they treat me like a toy (i'm tired of being everyone's rag doll)
3. They ignore me basically and don't pay attention to me (I'm part Himedere dammit!)
4. Long hair. Please, if you're a guy, don't have long hair. I beg you.
5. Girls. Sorry, i don't swing that way :(
---
Gay 4 GARcher
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#24 Posted: 04:21:37 26/05/2015
The main turn off for me is someone who smokes, takes drugs and/or is an alcoholic (and parties too much). I don't mind at all if they drink and/or goes out partying, as long as it's not excessive.
Gauged piercings are also a massive turn off for me. I just think their gross.
I also don't like too much tattoos. I don't mind one of two small tattoos, but not ones that cover most of the body.

Quote: AvatariDragon
Smoker/Does drugs
Drinks/Parties a lot
Has had a lot of partners
Hates animals
Excessive or inappropriate tattoos
Peircings
Long hair
Smells bad
Immaturity
Stupidity
Rudeness/Abusive
Self-absorbed
Possessive/Obsessive/Clingy/Overly jealous

That's all I can think of right now. There's probably more though...

Pretty much this. Except I don't care about piercings if they're earrings.
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
Philomena Blue Sparx Gems: 959
#25 Posted: 04:24:00 26/05/2015
All these people saying vegetarians. >.>

How 'bout "people who eat dead animal flesh," you assholes.

Now I don't usually take my vegetarianism that far but seeing so many people listing "vegetarians" here admittedly feels a bit insulting. I know you're probably referring to people who say stuff like what I just did, but hey, you can take comfort in the fact that they probably would be turned off by you as well, eh?

Wow that was a longer rant than I was actually expecting to make....

annnnyway...

-people who take any sort of issue with vegetarianism :L
-smoking
-insincerity
-over-insistent about second amendment rights on either side
-obscenely pro-[one of the two major parties (democrat or republican)] (admittedly I'd be okay with a democrat, I lean that way myself, but I prefer people to actually know that there are actually third parties and independents that you can vote for)
-overly vocal about religion (also goes in any direction) (I might be slightly hypocritical with this one - I often feel uncomfortable with myself if the subject ever comes up)

Umm.... these are quite a bit deeper than they probably should be soooooo I'm done.
---
Don't worry, I'm a qualified Reactor Operator. I can handle this situation.
#26 Posted: 04:36:55 26/05/2015
I don't really get the issue with being a vegetarian ether. My main issue with it though is the fact that if I have to cook a meal or something I will be limited in what I can do. And since I'm not a vegetarian I would want to eat a meal with meat in it. And it would be even harder if it's vegan.
---
#27 Posted: 06:50:42 26/05/2015
i sadly admit that i wouldn't want to go out with a guy who's shorter than me (unless i'm one over personality-wise). but since i'm short (like, i still yet to see a dude who is under 5'3 and probably never will) i won't even have to deal with this issue so... short girl advantages i guess.

also i swear to god i'm the only girl who thinks that 6ft people are too tall to date. average height is fine. it's probably because i'm short so average male height looks tall to me lmao.
---
Spyro Fanatic Hunter Gems: 12148
#28 Posted: 09:32:47 26/05/2015
Unjustifiably judgmental people.

Which accounts for the users on this topic...
Angel220200 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4401
#29 Posted: 09:57:13 26/05/2015
Quote: AngelicBeast
Someone's beliefs shouldn't effect anything. People can still get along (or even be a couple) if they have different religious beliefs.

This. Personally, pretty much all my best friends have different religions to me, so I don't really see how your religious views should affect your relationships with people. Only differences I could see is doing different things like going to church or not - and that shouldn't be something to fuss over. :/

Anyways, uh, my turn offs:
Smoking - I really can't handle smokers. I find the stench completely revolting (physically hurts my nose), as well as my asthma triggering if I stay around cigarette smoke for too long. Gets difficult to breathe. ;;
Stench - I can tolerate this one a ton more than others, but seriously, guys; if you stink, I'm not gonna enjoy being around you as much as I would. When my nose isn't blocked, it can be really sensitive. >.>
Victim Syndrome - OKAY, those of you in the skype group and those that know me irl? Know that one guy that bugs us? Yeah? I'M SO DONE HOLY ****
DO. NOT. IF YOU CONSTANTLY VICTIMISE YOURSELF YOU'RE GONNA FIND YOURSELF WITH A FIST IN YOUR TEETH, GOT IT? (notreallyi'mnotviolentenoughforthat)
I'm a really empathetic person so yes, I will try and comfort you in some situations. SOME. But if I know the other side to the story and you're just making everyone else look bad like a little piece of **** then DON'T be surprised when I ignore you and/or disregard what you're saying. You're just making yourself look more pathetic everytime you do it, so don't, okay? Okay.
(That being said, if I know you really well and you honestly feel like you're the victim in the situation I'll completely support you. It's just when people constantly make their everyday life seem awful and they're constantly complaining about how they're the victim in EVERYTHING when I reeaaaaally get irritated - whether I show it or not depends on my mood.)

Those are the major ones, but generally I'm pretty tolerant to most things and would be willing to deal with said things if it's someone I really care about.
Oh, uh - it's not really a turn off, but I know already that if someone's not taking care of themselves properly (in my opinion) then I'd constantly nag them about fixing the said problem until I'm satisfied. For example, if someone's a vegetarian then I'd constantly nag them IF they're not eating proper substitutes. (..But even then, I really would prefer them to eat a little bit of meat every now and then for the nutrients ;v; )
---
Judge not, and you will not be judged; condemn not, and you will not be condemned; forgive, and you will be forgiven; give, and it will be given to you.
Kitty Platinum Sparx Gems: 5106
#30 Posted: 10:14:20 26/05/2015
Satanists

You do realize that satanists are atheists, right? It's a belief in that people should be responsible for their own actions.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:17:05 26/05/2015 by Kitty
#31 Posted: 10:29:36 26/05/2015
Quote: Kitty
Satanists

You do realize that satanists are atheists, right? It's a belief in that people should be responsible for their own actions.

... What? Where do I even begin to point out whats wrong with that statement...
#32 Posted: 10:35:02 26/05/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: AngelicBeast
Satanists

What's wrong with them?
That's like if someone put Christians on this list. It sounds silly, right? Someone's beliefs shouldn't effect anything. People can still get along (or even be a couple) if they have different religious beliefs.

Quote: Sesshomaru75
Most Satanists aren't even bad people at all, despite what a lot of people (mostly Christians) make them out to be.

Maybe he just doesn't like them. It doesn't matter why, it's his own preference.
#33 Posted: 10:37:35 26/05/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: Spyro Fanatic
Satanists

You beat me to it.
epicLLOYD Yellow Sparx Gems: 1880
#34 Posted: 10:41:15 26/05/2015
Quote: ViceEmargo
"I'm a fox trapped in a human body!"

Anything like this.
#35 Posted: 11:10:17 26/05/2015
Satanists

Don't believe me, research it.
huge dotd freak Emerald Sparx Gems: 3354
#36 Posted: 11:20:34 26/05/2015

Atheists believe in nothing, no God, no devil, no demons, no angels , when you die, that's it, your just gone.
Satanists usually "worship ", well, Satan. They believe, and choose to follow Satan, there are even churches of Satan.

I personally wouldn't date one either, not dating someone who is a different religion is like not dating someone who is a different political party. It's their choice. .
---
Do you not like my mouth words?
Angel220200 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4401
#37 Posted: 11:24:36 26/05/2015
Satanists

Did you just go off Google's default definition, or...?

I'd just like to point out the name 'Satan' in satanism isn't just there for show. Just like how 'Christ' in Christian refers to who those of the religion worship. Though some aspects between atheism and satanism may be the same, atheists have no affiliation with the devil in their beliefs (as they don't believe he exists). They're not the same.

(In relation to the actual topic at hand, I know I stated I think religions shouldn't really matter in a relationship but I do have to say that satanists would probably make me feel uncomfortable due to my own beliefs as a Christian. ;; )
---
Judge not, and you will not be judged; condemn not, and you will not be condemned; forgive, and you will be forgiven; give, and it will be given to you.
Robo-Spyro Platinum Sparx Gems: 5879
#38 Posted: 11:25:28 26/05/2015

You're correct for Laveyan Satanists at least. But there are bunch of other more obscure groups which even believe in Satan as an existing entity, like the Order of the Nine Angles, Church of Azazel, and let's not get started with Joy of Satan...

Anyway, on topic.
I'm generally a really tolerant person, but my turn-offs would be those that are really judgmental, act aloof or uninterested in me, or show below average intelligence.
---
no i will not write a signature for you
#39 Posted: 11:26:35 26/05/2015
Quote: huge dotd freak

Atheists believe in nothing, no God, no devil, no demons, no angels , when you die, that's it, your just gone.
Satanists usually "worship ", well, Satan. They believe, and choose to follow Satan, there are even churches of Satan.

I personally wouldn't date one either, not dating someone who is a different religion is like not dating someone who is a different political party. It's their choice. .

Satanists don't worship Satan. They don't believe in his existence. Many of them are in fact atheists who follow a set of rules set by satanism, hence their value in responsibility in one's own actions.

There very well are Devil worshipers, but that is not what (most) satanists are.
#40 Posted: 11:29:17 26/05/2015
Quote: Robo-Spyro

You're correct for Laveyan Satanists at least. But there are bunch of other more obscure groups which even believe in Satan as an existing entity, like the Order of the Nine Angles, Church of Azazel, and let's not get started with Joy of Satan...

You're right.

I don't want to derail the topic any further so I'll stop now. It's just a common misconception.
#41 Posted: 11:31:46 26/05/2015
Quote: huge dotd freak

Satanists don't worship Satan. They don't believe in his existence. Many of them are in fact atheists who follow a set of rules set by satanism, hence their value in responsibility in one's own actions.

There very well are Devil worshipers, but that is not what (most) satanists are.

That's "LaVeyan" Satanism where you as the individual, are your own god. Not satanism as a whole.

Robo-Spyro has already pointed out the other organizations where Satan is worshiped as an entity.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:33:20 26/05/2015 by Spyro Fanatic
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#42 Posted: 12:31:02 26/05/2015
Quote: Philomena
All these people saying vegetarians. >.>

How 'bout "people who eat dead animal flesh," you assholes.

Now I don't usually take my vegetarianism that far but seeing so many people listing "vegetarians" here admittedly feels a bit insulting. I know you're probably referring to people who say stuff like what I just did, but hey, you can take comfort in the fact that they probably would be turned off by you as well, eh?

Wow that was a longer rant than I was actually expecting to make....

I can't judge anyone for their diets since I heavily restrict what I eat due to my condition. Likewise, I can't judge people for drinking since I quit drinking after previous abuse of the stuff. <.<;
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Metallo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6419
#43 Posted: 13:28:36 26/05/2015
Poor intelligence.

Satanists

She's talking about LaVeyan Satanism (my friend is a LaVeyan Satanist). Windumup is probably talking about the traditional Satanism with the goat decapitating and whatnot.
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#44 Posted: 13:38:13 26/05/2015
It's worth noting that having a turn-off does not equal being judgemental.

Having a turn-off doesn't mean you are actively being critical of someone's character. That's what being judgemental is (and being judgemental is healthy in moderation, just don't make it a defining trait of yours). Turn-offs are exactly what they say on the tin - things that get in the way of your attraction to someone. They are natural, and not something we make a conscious effort to have, nor can we actively get rid of them a lot of the time. They may also encourage natural coping mechanisms. For example, it turns me off when people smoke more than a little too much, but it's not a deal breaker. However, it would make me naturally treat things differently. For one thing, I would probably always walk a little in front of them, since the smoke trails behind them and I would inhale it if I was behind or beside them. And I would not allow smoking inside my house, I frankly don't want to deal with my own living quarters being filled with smoke and rather you just not make that happen to begin with. If you must smoke, take it outside, or at least fully open a window and sit by the edge of it, and make sure the smoke is going out that direction.

Regarding vegetarians - I see it as a legit turn-off. I don't have it, but I can see why it might be a turn-off. It means you have to constantly account for the fact that this person will only eat specific dishes of a specific variety, and you have to constantly make sure the house has enough stock of that food to fulfill their needs. It isn't like with people who don't have such a limitation, where you can buy any food and share mostly the same food tastes. And if you happen to be a cooking enthusiast, you probably enjoy making dishes that incorporate meat. And you might like to cook a wide variety of dishes to impress your partner. But if that partner is vegetarian, they will be impressed by/enjoy much less of your cooking than normal.

Also it might be generally awkward at times when the two of you are eating separate dishes, and then you run into the issue of when you have a kid - does he have to be vegetarian too? It's a big question, indeed.

To some people, all of those extra implications and all of the extra effort required to live with someone who is a vegetarian is daunting. And that's completely OK if you don't want to step up to that challenge, especially if the vegetarian in question is extreme about it.

However, with the exception of EXTREMELY extreme vegetarians who literally never shut up about it, vegetarians are not really a valid turn off to anyone below the age of 20 or if you don't intend to live with someone.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:42:05 26/05/2015 by sonicbrawler182
Lunarz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3328
#45 Posted: 14:13:25 26/05/2015
Me.

;(
---
Lanky Kong saved me despite having no style nor grace.
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me