Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > What games actually deserve a remaster?
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
What games actually deserve a remaster? [CLOSED]
Greeble Emerald Sparx Gems: 4276
#51 Posted: 10:29:13 28/05/2015
Anything that falls under SEGA classic.

Psycho Fox, Golden Axe, Altered Beast, Double Dragon, Wonder Boy to name but a few.

Sonic moved on from SEGA so it doesn't count as one of the classics anymore.

I'm not giving a reason for my choices, because vintage games should speak for themselves.
---
^ You all know it's true
zer0dch Ripto Gems: 1916
#52 Posted: 19:47:03 28/05/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: Greeble

Psycho Fox, Golden Axe, Altered Beast, Double Dragon, Wonder Boy to name but a few.

I'm not giving a reason for my choices, because vintage games should speak for themselves.

They need actual good ideas to translate into 3D.

Golden Axe ****ing tanked.
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 8542
#53 Posted: 19:56:06 28/05/2015
Quote: zer0dch

It tanked so bad that they're 3 classic games in the series?
---
You gotta believe! Heh heh.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:01:01 28/05/2015 by JCW555
MagicFizz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3551
#54 Posted: 20:43:45 28/05/2015
Galaxy. 1080p. Think about it for a second. Pretty sure sb gave some really good pics.
---
My life is complete.
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3872
#55 Posted: 21:03:36 28/05/2015
Quote: Sesshomaru75
Twilight Princess should definitely get a remaster/remake.

The game's style of graphics are easily my favorite in the series, but the graphics are quite dated. Not only that, but they're kinda dull and gritty.

What I'm trying to get at is that, though the game's graphics are meant to be a bit more gritty than other games in the series to fit the game's darker atmosphere, I feel that they do need to be touched up a bit and perhaps have a tiny bit of color added in.
(Not to the extent of Skyward Sword though, obviously)

The game really needs a remaster/remake in the same vein as The Wind Waker HD, with improved graphics (more like that of the 2011 tech demo, but not entirely the same due to the Wii U's limitations), Hero Mode (being exactly how it was in The Wind Waker HD where it's available from the begging instead of having to play through the game on normal once and the option to switch it back and forth on the "File Select" screen), and an option to choose between "classic" controls (meaning using either the Wii U GamePad, Wii U Pro Controller, or GameCube controller and the map being the way it was in the GameCube version) and "modern" controls (meaning using the Wii Remote with Nunchuk and the map flipped like how it was in the Wii version).

There should also be some gameplay tweaks and additions, such as fixing some of the glitches and perhaps adding a boss rush like there was in OoT 3D and Skyward Sword. (I actually don't know why it was absent in The Wind Waker HD *shrugs*)

Another thing I would like, though I doubt they would do, is if they would re-orchestrate the entire soundtrack with an option to have the original music if possible, of course.

I don't really think Skyward Sword needs a remaster anytime soon, tbh, since it's much more recent and can be played on the Wii U through backwards compatibility.
(Though I wouldn't mind if they did end up making a remastered port for the Wii U with HD graphics)

Now, obviously Twilight Princess can also be played through backwards compatibility through the Wii version, but the Wii version has a lot of problems and is overall inferior to the GameCube version. Not only that, but, as I said before, it's quite dated.

And although it's not a sequel to The Wind Waker, it would make sense to remake it since it is the parallel game to The Wind Waker and it's almost ten years old.
(I'm not saying that every game "needs" to be remade after ten years, however)

Hell yeah!
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
#56 Posted: 22:38:54 28/05/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: JCW555
Quote: zer0dch

It tanked so bad that they're 3 classic games in the series?

No, I'm talking about the 3D Golden Axe on 360. It was ****ing bad looking.
KnightArtorias Emerald Sparx Gems: 3354
#57 Posted: 07:40:55 02/06/2015
I want to see a Dark Souls remaster, also a Halo: Reach remaster and a...

*braces self*

Modern Warfare remaster bundle, CoD4 through MW3, remastered and bundled like the MCC...even if I'd only play MW2.
---
"Caim? Caim...the one who calls to me...I cannot see. Where are you?"
~Angelus (Drakengard 2)
(Angelus x Caim OTP)
#58 Posted: 07:42:15 02/06/2015 | Topic Creator
Dark Souls 2 getting a remaster over Dark Souls was a mistake. However, I standby my point...Demon's Souls is the most deserving game out of all of them.

Hell yeah I'd play a MW remaster. Anything past MW3 has been really crappy MP wise.
KnightArtorias Emerald Sparx Gems: 3354
#59 Posted: 07:51:20 02/06/2015
I've played Demon's...haven't got really far, mainly cause I'm stuck in the second area (the canyon, where you first meet the Fat Ministers). However, I watched a guy go on a no-damage run through all souls games (sans Bloodborne, which came later and I watched for lulz). I am not looking forward to Valley of Defilement, and though I really hate Demon's music (especially Tower Knight smilie), Maiden Astraea looks promising, and her boss theme is awesome.

Edit: However, SOTFS isn't bad, in fact, it's leagues above DS2...mainly because it actually *feels* like DS did, unlike DS2 which relied on fake difficulty, cheap-shooting enemies and severely unscaled battles. SOTFS improved over that, plus the addition of Aldia was a nice touch...though that destroys my favorite theory (Aldia is Ancient Dragon). Still like DS though. However, I'm still pissed off that my Lightning Spears remain nerfed...against the Gargoyle Five.

Edit II: BTW, question, what do my stats need to be to end up like these guys on YT who can nearly one shot all bosses while taking no damage. Figured SOTFS is a good way to get me to the point where I don't have to struggle. I want to be able to solo all the enemies, like I did for almost all of DS and Bloodborne...but am unable to do against DS2 (especially against that bastard Fume Knight, as well as pretty much every enemy in Ivory King DLC)
---
"Caim? Caim...the one who calls to me...I cannot see. Where are you?"
~Angelus (Drakengard 2)
(Angelus x Caim OTP)
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 07:56:20 02/06/2015 by KnightArtorias
Bryman04 Gold Sparx Gems: 2116
#60 Posted: 01:05:24 02/10/2015
An Epic Mickey remake. With a polished camera, and improve on the other flaws of the game. It was fairly standard, but with more improvements, it might sell well.
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me